ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,724 reviews matching the search See all 4,872 reviews
Discrimination
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 25, 2019
I quit on my first day due to extremely poor poor management in Tempe AZ. I told HR my issue so now I'm not re-hirable for telling the TRUTH! That's not fair I'm a great worker and have 21 years experience in janitorial business. I guess this is what you get for being extremely HONEST. I have nothing against ABM only the staff in Tempe Arizona. All applications I've submitted has been denied saying. "We're not moving forward with your application!" but they will e-mail me jo b openings n then reject when I apply.would love to work for them but not in Arizona.
Hard work can pay off
Line attendant (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 6, 2019
Management was as encouraging as they could be to maintain a positive environment. Language was rough at times, I understood some of the foreign language and it was harassment to others I felt but I didn't feel it was my place to say anything. It was challenging to keep the work interesting and when I stay focused the inattentive attitude of others let me catch problems before they got out of control down the line.
Pros
opportunity to move up
Cons
language barriers
Needs A Lot Of Help
Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 7, 2019
Company at this point is only worried about the stock owners and are not focused enough in my opinion on the managers and employers that are doing the work. There is zero consistency in how situations are handled. One person is fired for something minor while another is allowed to skate by and do nothing. Mississippi continually short changes its customers by not following what is written in the contracts and preys upon principals and superintendents to not know what kind of floor work is being done. Just hoping the shiny floors will cover the fact that stripping was not done and nobody is the wiser.
Pros
Paid Vehicle and Gas Card
Cons
Management Needs A Spine
Very Poor Management, Deceptive
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 10, 2019
I was promoted to a Supervisor position. I never got my raise that I was promised after 4 months. There was no complaints of my work or my crews work. However, I got moved to a different department without my knowledge. This was a demotion without explanation. Neither of the upper management will answer a message or phone call from me not then or now. I worked with this company over 3 years.
Cons
Not wnoigh crrew members for assigned duties. Pay raises promised not given
Manageable
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2019
Cultured friendly environment including interactions with passengers. Job did not pay equal to the amount of work and responsibility held accountable for. Strict policies were enforced consistently well but management took advantage and enforced personal non-policies with the same consequences. Most enjoyable part of the job was the passengers. Most hardest part of the job was the managers not being on the same page with the rules and regulations.
enjoyed the job initialy
Project Manager/Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 13, 2019
I love the work and the people that I work with on a day to day basis. New hiring practices that have been recently been implemented have severely hampered managements ability to operate and fulfill the contract thus making the working conditions intolerable. At present, we are more than 20% short of the employees necessary to accomplish the scope of work daily.
I have thrived in the fast-paced environment and thoroughly enjoyed working in this field.
Unorganized management
Housekeeping I (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 15, 2019
Management is unorganized when it comes to arranging work assignments and distributing supplies to allow us to complete our jobs. We make numerous request for supplies and spend weeks waiting to receive them. Payroll mistakes are common and it's very difficult to receive back pay, sick, and vacation pay. ABM is a good company to learn the basic housekeeping skills to apply to future employment with another company who value their loyal employees.
Unprofessional an unorganized
Lead Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I am currently a lead for the graveyard shift. My managers lack contact encouragement and professionalism. I brought issues to them multiple times and nothing has been done. I've had to call corporate and the ethic hotline to even try to get the motion rolling for these issues. And I still haven't even got a call back from them. I came to work for ABM because I understood that they were caring for their employees and there needs and it's totally opposite.
Awesome work crew, friendly & helpful
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2019
On a daily basic work schedule, would go through the assigned areas to double check everything was in working status.
I learned that most place major companies are subcontract.
At the time the on site management was against me becoming dual rate supervisor for the ABM Janitorial Serves.
The difficult part of that job assignment was the contracted.
I did enjoyed working with my co-workers, made it a good time friendly environment to work together as a crew.
Pros
earned experience as Custodian
Cons
short breaks, no company celebrations
Atlanta ABM
Airline Passenger Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
I was contracted by ABM working at Hartsfield Jackson airport in Atlanta and it was a not so pleasant experience. The management is unprofessional and rude. The turnover rate was ridiculous. Luckily, I only worked for them during the summer (i barely made it). I will never work for them again. ABM needs managers and supervisors who can display ethical and profound professionalism. A great management team would make the jobs more pleasant.
Fun place to work horrible management
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Working at ABM was a great experience for me. The work was feasible with the help of my co-workers. The only issues were that we were never given proper training or materials required to properly sanitize our kitchens. Also management would not take the concerns of the employees seriously and would ask that we clock out for lunch while still working.
Pros
hourly pay
Cons
no proper training or equipment, management
Have to be quick on your feet
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 8, 2019
I came in at 6:00 pm and went through the screening. you are not allowed a phone in the building. I would then check in and get started on my area. We weren't supervised and you are alone most of the time. The hardest part of the job was the constant walking but with a good pair of shoes and the stretches I learned from watching the Amazon workers it was bearable. There was nothing I really enjoyed about the job, I did what I needed and ate alone at lunch.
Pros
The pay
Cons
You're kinda just thrown into it
Its was very relaxing and a place for me to get excerscise
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 9, 2019
I was very satisfied with my work requirements and the part time hours.i worked 5-9 i lved these hours.if the didnt have a cut back i would still be working there.im looking forward to continuing working fo ABM in the near future.i cant start anytime.looking forward to being a assets for ABM.
Pros
I like the union we have also they realy look out for ud.
Cons
The health benifits and life insurance was very good for me
No true oversight
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
You operate without much input from supervisors and peers. You are expected to manage all levels of operational and sales functions. Often a sales opportunity would not be supported by management because of the dollar value but you were expected to get a contract and somehow make money on it. Often we would sell jobs that we could not support in order to add revenue to overall sales numbers with no regard for the impact on the employees required to service the account.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
lack of support
ABM Security is a great place to find your true career.
Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 2, 2019
I loved working security for ABM. It was a relatively relaxed environment filled with work that I enjoyed. However, I did not see a lot of opportunity for advancement and I was not offered any benefits. I don't know if it was because I worked part-time or if there simply weren't any, but it is a great place to dip your toe in the water of more professional jobs if all you have worked is fast food.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Management was the worst
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 5, 2019
I loved my co-workers but the management was terrible. Long hours was also not an issue but its an issue when they could care less if you had kids had to pick them up. We would work 12+ most days without notice. Extremely unappreciated and were extremely harsh and they don't care about their employees. People quite on a daily that's why they are constantly hiring new people. Pay is good but management makes the working environment terrible.
Pros
Free Dinner when working late
No a good place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 3, 2019
ABM is not a good place to work the pay suck 8.75 a hour and i took 3 buses my boss was talking about everybody please don't work for them.Getting check stub they will not call or send u your pay check boss was never there at the end of the day . I was hired to clean offices and end up cleaning bathroom something i was not hired to do .Wgen i ask for that position i was turned down.
Pros
Take a break anytime and working for metlife and the people were great
Cons
Managment suck
Toxic and racial place to work
Janitor/Temporary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2018
I was thrown in to the job with little to no training, toxic environment, humiliation to the employees, racial preferences. It’s a temporary job you won’t be allowed to move forward to have union. Albanian/Dominican base company that the only way you be hired full time with union. You have to pay partial vacation replacement union dues each first week of every month. You work 4 months be lay-off and re-apply again every 3 months, I knew people been for years and not be hired as permanent employees.
Pros
Pay every week
Cons
Racial preferences, toxic environment, no future
always was payed on time never late
lead assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 12, 2019
A great company to work for. I know what the other lead was talking about when I read the review some will work. Others will go so slow. When rechecking there work employees would say I haven't got to that yet. A week later still not done. Wish we had employees that wanted to do there work. made more work on others. I was lead assistant supervisor
Pros
good place to work good pay
Cons
Having employees call off
Very unpleasant
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 26, 2018
Very rule not understanding I'll consider have no Passion For the associates promise you something and lie about and know getting all African American and telling that lay them off lier this the company doesn't care about people cause they hire mothers and their children Brother and sisters conflict between Associations bad Business no Union to protect you they fire you when a want to the company.
Pros
Buy pizza when you do overtime
Cons
Very unpleasant working around MANAGEMENT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.2K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ABM Industries, Inc..

Powered by Comparably