ABM Industries, Inc.

Based on 3,651 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

fun

ok good job enjoyable An excellent company that teaches you how to deal with customer service Develop your skills and customer service at the airport

Pros

Cons

The rest time is excellent

You must to put more attention at your supervisors levels

I was working maybe 1 years with yours “greats supervisors and believe me they are not professional in all the word extension.Works with your company was the most frustrating in my life

Don't work here

The job isn't stressful if you can somehow get a full crew. You have no chance of getting a raise. They are constantly understaffed and you may sometimes be the only one there working. Hardly any PPG and almost always late to get any product for cleaning.

Excellent place to work for temporarily.

My location was good until I got promoted to parking attendant then all the drama started then with co workers didn’t want to do their job with minimal work ethic. It’s a hit or miss with the co workers some are nice and work great but others are just plain sour and unprofessional. Management could do better with that

Pros

Free parking

They don't care about employees

Management has lied to me about many things since taking this job. Upper Management makes promises it can't keep to get what they want from you then it's an o well additude and your told that's the way it is with a company that works on contract accounts.

Pros

employment

Cons

name it.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

It's fine

Straight forward janitorial job. You should be self motivated, as a lot of the locations for cleaning will only have one janitor. Management is always available via cellphone and are usually prompt to respond. Depending on where you're assigned hours and intensity of cleaning can vary. Usually a shift is around 6 hours, afternoon, with light office cleaning.

Repetitive

Over worked, underpaid. Unappreciative. Feels like no one runs the place. Need to do overtime for your paycheck to come out good or for it to be worth while. No raise, no matter how long you been there Don’t work here unless you want overtime hours.

Enjoy my time there

I love the employees that i work with but for personal reazon i ad to move to another town so im trying to tranfer to killeen if is possible i will love to keep working for the same company.

Lots of room for improvement

My goal with any employer is to learn the business. Working at ABM I learned a lot. Mostly I learned what not to do which helped me prepare for my next roll. There's lots of room for improvement in this organization.

Pros

Not many to keep me there

Cons

Too many for me to stay.

Needs managerial organization

Great place to work if you're in college as I was, but hard to sustain a family with their pay. Valets make less than minimum wage as tips are accounted for in the "salary"

Jobs at ABM Industries, Inc.

See more jobs

Do not work here

This is a janitorial job with horrible management and less pay than McDonald’s. Just find somewhere else to apply and work. Trust and believe It is just that bad

Not enough Pay

This job is so unorganized and unprofessional. They dont pay you enough for all the tasks they want u to complete. Dont really care about their workers. Not what I thought when started this job. Their false advertising

Cons

Bad

Very Unorganized and no communication and management and team leads were always conflicting and gossiping and being very unprofessional. Unable to complete a task or the job due to always being moved around most of the time

Excellent Work Environment

Great company culture and team. I feel valued everyday. I feel valued and appreciated. Enjoy my job and the people I work with. Great atmosphere. Room for growth and improvement.

Pros

Workplace culture and great people.

eh

i wasnt really happy there getting paid 8-8.25 an hour to be standing around all day. breaks were usually 30 minutes. we did a lot more than we got paid for.

Management isn't too involved in our day to day activities.

Management isn't very involved. Weeks can go by without ever speaking or seeing one. Which isn't an awful thing but when there are questions on job duties or ordering supplies it can be a pain.

Pros

Laid back, very independant

Cons

Not paid holiday pay

Janitor to a office building.

Work in a small to medium sized, 2 story office building. It can be tiring, but it's a nice 20 hr/week job. The workers are friendly and the work environment is calm. It's not worth being paid 8.50/hr though, maybe 10/hr for all the little details that is needed to be done.

Pros

Hours and the nice work environment.

Cons

Pay

Súper malo no te tienen en cuenta

No te ponen caso para ellos tú no cuentas solo tú trabajo y cuando no te necesitan tú no eres nadie para ellos

Pros

Ninguno

Cons

De 15 minutos

Run. This job is terrible.

I worked at ABM for a year and half. Communication is terrible. Supervisors spent more time trying to catch people not working then bringing the supplies we needed. They would often relay threats from the company for little grievances. Refuse to approve your PTO request at times despite you putting it in weeks ahead of time. You get the last two weeks off the year for Christmas but they’ll try to pull something to where you can’t use the PTO you saved up for that time which doesn’t roll over to next year.It seems they purposely keep the most obnoxious upper staff around to chase off employees. Unless you’re desperate for a little cash, this job isn’t worth your time.

Pros

Quiet most of the time

Cons

It sucked

Unorganized

Been working here for almost a year. No PTO, no paid sick days, no benefits at all. The entire company is unorganized from the supervisors to the HR department.

Fast paced- high expectations and high energy - detail oriented - focused- selective marketing- task driven- schedule organized- performance orientated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ABM Industries, Inc..
Powered byComparably