ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Different Cities, Different Experiences.
On-Call Custodian (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 25, 2018
When i worked for ABM in Washington state, it was the best job I ever had. It was a union position, amazing benefits, good pay, a lot of good people in the company, great managers, etc.

When i worked for ABM in Arizona, it was the worst job i ever had. The woman in charge of "training" me only spoke spanish (which normally i wouldnt care, but she shouldnt be training people who dont speak spanish). After "training", they gave the Lead position to a woman who had never cleaned schools before, while i had a year with the company in another state. Then they required ME to train the Lead on what to do at the school, instead of giving me the lead positon. Aside from that, they broke nearly every corporate cleaning policy at the place, such as using the same mop in the bathroom, classrooms, and even the kitchen without cleaning the mop and bucket throughout the shift. Then they would dump the disgusting mop water into the dirt where children would run around and play.
Good place for growth for individuals getting into workforce
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 24, 2018
New office setup is better for collaboration. Most of the day for an accountant/finance person was making sure processes were flowing smoothly and handling issues that may arise.
Pros
Good job to get in the door and prove your worth
Cons
There is a ceiling you can't pass in accounting due to the centralizing of those functions
Abm janitorial services was a fun place to work for.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2018
Excellent place to work for with good hours but not good benefits or overtime pay, I did like the fact that you were never in the same place everyday to work and they moved you around to different schools.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
They didnt pay overtime, and the fact it was on call
excellent work environment
Janitor/light maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2018
clean / strip buff and wax floors take garbage out power wash, clean elevators use floor machine to clean lobby, dust wipe tables have professional communication skills
decent
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2018
ABM is mostly subcontracted help for facility positions. In this sense the work atmosphere may vary by location. In my experience the only issue among employees were the inconsistent hours, so everyone under management was hired as part-time. I do however believe ABM is a necessity in todays economy to lower the risk/responsibility for large businesses and facilities.
Good part-time job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2018
Good for a first time job. This is a good job for a young person looking to join the workforce. The pay is not all that good but I guess it is ok for a first time job.
I don't have any problems
Parking Attendant Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 22, 2018
I keep to myself be on time break when I'm supposed to and come of break when I'm supposed to. Make sure my starting cash is correct and my paper work tell everyone to a good day and I leave. I don't have any problems and don't cause any problems.
Pros
You can make overtime if you're willing to work
Cons
I don't know because I do my hours and leave.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2018
N/a. The process of elimination is very quick in this company. Most receptionists or administrators are only there based on contacts by a third company
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great co-workers
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 21, 2018
Long hours - stressful
End of month close super long hours. From the 1st to the 5th can't take days off

Great coworkers is what makes it worth working at ABM
Best Company
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 21, 2018
Best company I worked for as security officer. Managers were so nice, fair and very professional. I really enjoyed and I was looking to be a supervisor in technical field. N doubts ABM is a gig name for many fields.
It was a good job just poor management
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXMay 21, 2018
The people there were family like and very respectful, it was a great job.management wasn’t great at first but after I left it got a lot better. Security was outstanding
Ok job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
This is a great job for you if you are young and just getting out school prefect first job if you never worked before great atmosphere and environment to be in
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Management is the worst
Fun job
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 19, 2018
Great to start out. Basic work but not for lazy or slow pace workers. Job is always changing and will keep you on your toes. Also forces problem solving skills to be high
Workplace culture
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2018
At ABM we work as a team, made sure the job gets done in a timed and orderly fashion. We all did our own task and in case anyone else was backed, we all got together to make sure it got completed. our job and task was to make sure to leave the floor nice and clean.
Pros
team work
Cons
Great company to work for
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
Typical was planned out but fluid enough to address issues that came up. Safe work place, the hardest was verifying reported issues, but felt great about results in the end.
Pros
flexible
Cons
shortage of man power
you get to meet new people
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 18, 2018
This company when I worked there did not give pay raise at all it took me to be a lead to get .25 pay increase you work all holidays, Security don't pay well but this is the worse I was paid in Georgia
Pros
Cons
work all holidays and no pay raise
productive
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2018
wish there were were more opportunities ro advance. have benefits like pension plan. privide opportunity to give education to advance. other that grwat place to work.
Pros
paid holiday vacation and sick time
Cons
benefit, no pension plan
Great Co-Workers
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2018
A team of 3 (management and 2 workers) working together to clean office buildings of between 10-15 floors each with at least 15 offices/rooms within 5 hours. My manager at the time was very easy and great to work with. He didn't exclude himself from any of the work we were responsible for and taught me that even though you hold a higher title don't mean you work any less than your team!
Solid Job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 17, 2018
Its just a solid job. Not a career unless you move up into management or you have income from other areas in your life. No complaints about the work environment
porter
JANITOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
• Sweep/Dust/Mop lobby, offices and bathrooms.
• Empty all wastebaskets and /or trash bins daily in offices and common areas.
• Replenish supplies required for restrooms & offices.
• Maintain cleaning supplies and notify supervisor when additional supplies are needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight