ABNB Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Review
Teller (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2019
Not terrible, the best part of the job was the friendly coworkers who were very welcoming. However, when hired I was told I would get part time hours, which is 25-30, and when I asked the hiring manager she sad yes, but upon hire I found out I could only work 25 hours per week max. While the people were sweet the I got no benefits being only a part timer, barley any hours, and only .50 more than my old job. If you need a serious job with good hours then I would suggest a place that can offer more hours to part timers.
Pros
friendly coworkers, free lunches occasionally.
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, minimal hours
Management is NO GOOD
Former (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 20, 2018
Not a good place to work. The management is not up to par. The collections dept manager is VERY rude and negative. VP HR and Manager are best friends.
Pros
Cons
Management needs help. No advancement. Salary is no good.
Management is very unfair
MSR FLOAT (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 9, 2018
As a MSR Float your typical Day of work is required to travel to work at different branches which all their procedures are different. Job description was not clear that you will also be a teller lol. Management is lazy (well except 2 people). Expect to not be fully trained. It is your job to train yourself and follow their checklists lol YOU HAVE NO VOICE HERE. HR is a joke don't even bother if you're having problems. Chain of command is also a joke lol. What I've learned from this small credit union is you have to be a yes person or things will not work in your favor. Hardest part of the job is To be prepared for micromanagement. Save yourself the stress and apply elsewhere. Systems are also outdated and they expect you to sell products for your goals that are nit within the job description lol. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting off on time. Also actually educating members on accounts and helping them
Pros
Some managers are actually nice and helpful, benef
Cons
Short lunches, micromanagement, unfairness
Its a check
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake vaNovember 2, 2018
Only here because I need a paycheck. The environment is no longer exciting and I hate going in each day but i out on a great show and do my job. Branches and managers are never on the same page and corporate has a horrible way of laying heavy and new information on you. If you need a job and it's your only option take it but if you have options please use them.
Pros
Flexible days off
Cons
Everything other than days off
Don’t do it
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, va 23321September 6, 2018
Worked at the Chesapeake square branch it was such a horrible experience. So much branch drama. High turn over. No benefits for part time. Everyone is lazy. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
New management is not fair.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2018
working with ABNB was great before until new management came on board. A lot has changed and unexpected changes that makes work uneasy without any proper training. Member service in front of the members was not an easy task when new updates come along without any proper notice. Also, with the new management, changes in my work environment seem to be uneasy, stressful and un-relax pace like it was.
Pros
401k, paid vacation
Cons
management is not fair.
Great Place, Poor Management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 3, 2018
Loved the job, but my manager lacked what it took to manager individuals. She is no longer with the company, so it may have gotten better since I left.
It was a job
Mortgage Operations Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, VAApril 24, 2018
It's an OK job but its a small credit union with weak management . The benefits are not that good but at least they have some. If you need a job then of course it works. Being a non profit, they can make many mistakes and they do. I was a manager and had a little more options than most.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
Senior management
Abnb
Sr. Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 21, 2018
Overall ABNB is a good company to work for, I meet a lot of people that now I consider as a good friends. The management / staff are awesome. good products.
fun place of work
"Float Teller/Member Service Representative" (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 2, 2018
Working at ABNB was one of the best experiences I could ask for! Management needs work, but overall I learned a lot and enjoyed my days. Flexible with work and great pay!
Pros
PTO hours earned
Cons
management
Really nice place to work
Central Files Processor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 11, 2018
My department is fun and fast pace

Customer service skills

Management is friendly

Fun Department

Customers wanting titles right away

Working with the people
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Longer lunch breaks
Okay Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 3, 2018
Orientation and training were all over the place and there was no plan for training which was very frustrating. Coworkers were great to work with but there was poor direction from supervisors. Planned meetings with supervisor were canceled often because it was too busy. It was often short staffed on the teller line. As another reviewer mentioned yes, you have to cold call members- something I was not aware of when I accepted the position. There is allot of pressure to push referrals as a teller. I would recommend working here if you don’t mind working in a sales culture and being driven to find and learn information on your own. There is no room for advancement within the branch unless your looking for a sales oriented future.
Pros
Sunday’s off, great coworkers, decent pay
Cons
Only one short break a day, no benefits for part time
Mixed Bag
Teller Supervisor| Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 25, 2018
While the institution does offer great products and incentives to its members, employees are given very strict guidelines to meet regarding sales, time spent with each customer, coaching, etc. Employees are also required to take part in cold calling.
Pros
good community involvement
Cons
half hour lunch
Just a job
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 19, 2017
Had very antiquated computer systems. Better technology needed and user friendly online options for customers. Low compensation and slow paced environment.
benefits
Cons
Old systems
Member Service Representative
Teller/Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 28, 2017
: Processing all financial credit union transactions by either cash handling or any other negotiable instruments, executing cross selling new acct IRA
Pros
like the job
Cons
need to upgrade system to help customer better and professinally
Ok job
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 11, 2017
Job is fairly easy once you get the hang of it. Training is kind of minimum but I trained with a whole bunch of tellers when I was hired as a Member Service Center Rep (aka. Call Center Rep) for corporate so that may be why. People you work with are awesome. Management not so much. Only one cool supervisor who's understanding. Either than that Call center management not good. I would go into any other department besides Call Center. You do also get penalized for using your 11 unscheduled absences that they provide you. Even if you bring in a doctors note, etc. They will write you up easily.
Pros
Great Work Relationships, mostly relaxed environment
Cons
short breaks, no benefits at all for part time, supervisors & managers not on same page sometimes
Great
Branch Leader (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2017
Good environment sometimes a lot going on but there's balance. You can move up but there's a lot of over coaching depending on management. Good work life balance
Pros
Small great team
Cons
Short breaks
could be better
Collector (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 5, 2017
lot of errors on members accounts, no opportunity for advancement, rude mgmt to employees and members accepted because they are best friends with HR director
Pros
it was a job
Cons
disrespectful and no room for advancement
Abnb
Full time Teller / Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 25, 2017
The people here for the most part are amazing, there are a few in higher positions that don't take into consideration of what the front line employees deal with on a daily basis, as being the people that deal with the members the most. I do wish that when things are being changed or done that the communication is delivered to EVERYONE and not just management. There is a lot of things that front line employees aren't aware of because things are only being discussed with certain people.
Pros
most emplyees
Cons
management
Excellent company
Part-Time Peak-Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2017
ABNB was truly a family to me, they definitely care about their employees. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new career opportunity!
Pros
Incentives for contests such as free lunch
Cons
Short breaks