Above and Beyond Employee Reviews

Great place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 5, 2019
I really enjoyed working at above and beyond childcare it felt like a family environment I looked forward to coming to work daily and seeing the kids as well as staff.
Divided workplace with blatant favortism
Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 3, 2019
The manager only looks out for herself. I was told to come into work with a 103 fever, despite regulations agaisnt doing so. Then the day after, I got written up by the manager who told me to come in. There is no communication between day shift and night shift. As well as no communication between the care givers either. The log books are never filled out correctly and nobody seems to care (especially the manager). Overall this place is not a beneficial place to work, your treated like a number not an employee. I worked 5 12 hour shifts a week & was never paid overtime. Very shady. There is no room to grow, unless your best friends with the manager. The only positive aspect to this job was the residents. They were all very sweet & kind hearted seniors.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
No healthcare, didnt get paid overtime, management
Not to happy with how its ran
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMay 20, 2019
I loved what I did and the position but I was never treated fairly or nice during my time there. They messed up my pay often and never fixed it even with proof of working. They just are not the best company. They treat there patients like they are not important enough.
Great work place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2019
Learn a lot about the consumers we serviced, Great experience in the office functions, enjoyed working with supervisor and staff, a great place to work. Distance getting to and from work.
Pros
Great work atosphere
Cons
Distance a bit far from home
Happy and loving environment
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MEMarch 13, 2019
Good place to work as far as flexibility goes. Good for college students especially. Families are amazing and appreciative. Management (owner) is amazing.
Pros
Kids are awesome, flexible, weekends off
Cons
No higher opportunities and low pay
Caring Supervisor
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 20, 2019
Schedule changed on day by day basis. Short notice of changes.
Too many miles however mileage reimbursement was fair. Management was very concerned with the client's welfare.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Too many hours
Good place to work at
Mowing lawns (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 8, 2019
typical day at work was smooth everyone helped everyone get the job done .
I have learned alot about grass and different mowers you can cut with! Also a little bit of landscaping.
The hardest part of the job is getting use to working in hot weather .
The most enjoyanle part about the job is being able to make peoples properties look wonderful after service.
Pros
experience operating
Cons
weather
Excellent family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, INJanuary 6, 2019
If construction or landscape/hardscape is your talent this company is the place to work for. They are a family owned Christian based ethics company!!!
Very hectic place to work.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARNovember 27, 2018
Was a very hectic place. Hours are not there. New management is still in learning there. Not very friendly, messed up on my pay checks plenty of times
Very open enrollment and non judgmental.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 2, 2018
A typical day at work I will come into the clients house in the morning. I would usually pick them up and put them in the shower. Wash them head to toe and get them dressed. I’ll fix them breakfast and depends on certain clients I will feed them. I’ll change diapers or help them to restrooms or add a catheter. After tht if errands need to be made I make them also.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Less pay for the actual work
Staff Ol
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 5, 2018
It's a good place to start...A little uneasy about going to clients homes because you don't know them or what they may have or who may be in their homes....clients have preferences of who they like and will cancel which leaves me with less hours worked for the week.
Pros
You get to pick your clients
Cons
Not enough consistant hours to make a living...clients differentials
Great job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 11, 2018
Definitely a great job good experience learned a lot just need a little bit more pay looking for a more experience to pursue a better job and better pay
Enjoyed being with my clients.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARSeptember 1, 2018
Helping people improve their lives is the most important thing you can do. I enjoyed spending time with them and listening to their stories. I liked helping them do things by themselves.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
When a client passes away.
On point n make sure kids token care
Daycare services (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAAugust 11, 2018
It was a good experience workin wit all ages of kids the work place there is great everything was a time schedule and it was followed perfectly i really enjoyed being in that field of work
Great challenge for someone going from corporate environment.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 26, 2018
a typical day includes loading vehicle of client ordered items
learned to be patient on roadway
the hardest was to find parking in town.
hardest part was communicating with supervisor.
enjoyed driving, because you get to be alone.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
communications
I really enjoyed the work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 5, 2018
Handyman tape work really enjoyed it alot,something different to everyday,good place to work.Everyone worked and done great work for residential and commercial
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
No Beafits
If you want to never go to work, this is the job for you.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 1, 2018
Your hours are at the discretion of th child’s parents. Your hours are not guaranteed. You have to do your own taxes. You have no sign in or out sheets, no way to clock your hours. You get personal checks As if it’s some type of under the table job when its comes off as a legitimate business.
Cons
Everything.
The managers were very relaxed and thwir always was a good atmosphere
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 1, 2017
I learned a lot working with my co workers and the managers are very pataint. If I broke something they wouldn't get bent out of shape. They never got frustrated if I didn't know something
Pros
Clock out when it was too hot
Cons
Nothing i can think of
Calm and relaxing work place
Lead teacher/overseer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCOctober 1, 2017
Above and Beyond was a wonderful place to work at and I learned a lot from the people and the students. The manager had a good attitude and made sure that things were ran correctly she had a very pleasant attitude.
Pros
holiday pay and time off and teacher apperciation
Cons
30 min breaks and working till 12 midnight with only one child one adult and no security
Scattered hours
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 8, 2017
Because this is home health aide you're not guaranteed any hours and if the person gets sick they don't help you get more hours. You have to fight to get any hours because they have favorites at they like to give them to.
Pros
Work is done in 2 hour blocks
Cons
No overtime no guarantee of hours