ABRA Auto Body & Glass

ABRA Auto Body & Glass Employee Reviews

Great company, benefits are very good
I was compensated for the hard work I performed. The benefits they offered also were very competitive I worked in the corporate office - which initially, when I started, was a family-type environment
Poor environment
This has been the most stressful job I’ve ever had. Your working with a bunch of grown children there is no accountability no respect and a lack of enforcement from management. The parts person always gets blamed for aftermarket parts not fitting parts not showing up or coming in damaged. The techs always blame parts when they have to fix a used door,fender , etc... they would rather be parts replaces techs basically get away with doing whatever they want even when it comes to treating another employee poorly and management sees that they are upset and miserable they do nothing about it. The management hear only cares about making budgets so the company makes money so the higher ups do not show up asking what is going on why are you not making budget. I’m will never tell anyone to go file out an application for this place this has been the worse job I’ve ever been in due to management and everything that it lacks
Pros
Insurance, decent pay, over a 1000 stores to transfer to
Cons
Lack of respect, poor management, stressful, no accountability, no repercussions
You are a slave
Nothing more than a number when you work for any mso type shop. I will work for Walmart before I ever work at that kind of environment again. There are so many unrealistic expectations and deadlines and it is all about covering the companies behind
They don’t care
Never believe what the higher ups tell you
Get everything in writing

They will lie to you and keep doing it

They care more about the ins company’s then employees and customers and it is not how hard you work or what you know it’s truly about who you know and how much you kiss butt

I have seen people move up to a GM with no exp just bno thank you ecause they kissed the right persons butt
Cons
No family time, long hours, a company that doesn’t care about you, they lie to you
Abra has merged with Caliber, so culture will be changed
Moved all IT functions to Texas or to 3rd party.
It was a great career while it lasted.

The auto collision industry is a very interesting industry and would recommend it.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Industry which survives by acquisitions
My job was to find talent in an industry that experiences extremely high turnover. It's a legacy organization with gimmicky ideas on recruiting and retaining workers. Great learning experience for me- showed me how the values of corporate, operations management and hourly workers are seriously misaligned.

Training was not enforced well, and general managers were caught in the middle of meeting revenue numbers with a workforce that doesn't take pride in the work they do.
Bad management
I worked there for almost 3 years. Started off with bad management and empty promises so when we got new management I was happy and thought it would get better than it was. Only to find out the new management has never ran a shop before and had no clue what they were doing. I got a $1 raise after a year and a half of working there only to get it taken from me when the new management stepped in and was told there was “no proof” that I ever got a raise in the first place. I was told I’d get the raise back if I went 60 days with a certain amount of hours weekly, which I did, and never even got the raise back. Nothing but bad blood for this company and I hope they don’t last much longer. Went through 25 employees within the 3 years of working there, only because they quit due to terrible management and being treated poorly. I voluntarily worked nights (11pm-3am) just to make more hours for a bigger paycheck to provide for my family and never got a simple “thank you” for making them more money with happy customers in return. I will never recommend anyone to work for this company, never take my car to get repaired by them, or ever work for them again. I can honestly say I’ve never worked for a more terrible company who makes more money than God himself, off the employees who put blood and sweat into everything they do for them.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Loved this Place!
Not a bad word to say about Abra! Everyone there was great and worked together as a team! From Management to Technicians everyone was awesome to work with!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass?
Great auto glass company
I only worked there for 3 months but it was the best auto glass company I have worked for in 28 years in the industry. If I hadn't gotten hurt on the job and could still lift more than 25 lbs, I'd still be working there.
Pros
Good management, good environment
Cons
Dispatching needs a little work but no more than any other mobile glass company.
Relaxed eviorment
Been here almost 9 years, great people here! Lot's of free lunches and snacks. very flexible and they work with you. Great training! a growing company.
Good work environment
While working for ABRA Auto body and Glass, there were things that slowed down production(wrong parts, parts not checked, missing parts; no paint supplies/slow ordering of supplies) and made it difficult to make optimal earnings. It was tho, a good work environment.
They could care less about their employees
They don't care about their employees they just care about the money the big men make. It's a fast-paced environment and a bunch of backstabbing goes on
Pay is dismal
It's ok. Nothing to get your hopes up over. Little room for advancement. Pay is embarrassing. Company keeps changing their name and merging with others. You are just a number.
Pros
Co-workers are great sometimes
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Its an ok place
You will experience good and bad times. So its ok for you to start and see for yourself if you dont have else where you want to work. not a good place if you think everything is gonna get solve here.
Peoples are friendly and perfect environment :)
Team works, People here are friendly, collaboration. This is not an cisco shop but learning a lot of experiences for different products here. Great environment and schedule to work here.
Snakes for management whobtreat you as if you are expendable and a dime a dozen
Great place to work just dont get comfortable.i was talked into coming there and quitting my job.. I was lied to about compensation for vacation time I lost..
Great people to work with, I was there for a very long time and it was like having another family. Everyone is really supportive and works together to get the job done.
This company was very misleading
This company offered a 5k sign on bonus to myself and multiple other new employees. Also the company offered to send me to school to further my abilities within the company. None of the above took place and i was given a different work task then i had been promised or applied for. The company basically wanted its "competitions" employees to start employment with their company.
What a mess
Unbearable workloads
Zero communication

Condescending management

Micromanaging

No time to have a life outside of ABRA

Unlawful work practice

If you're looking for a good place to work, keep looking. This company is beyond awful to work for.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Read the review.
Great Company
Great Company with amazing growth opportunities. Great benefits and training. I started as a quality control technician before being promoted to Parts Manager. As a Parts Manager I was offered an opportunity to become a body apprentice or Customer Service Manager. I chose Customer Service Manager and after a little over a year in that position I was promoted to Pre-Op/Production Manager.
Great job security. Abra has many stores all over the nation and can always help someone who can relocate to other locations. Large workflow always and they work with all insurance companies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABRA Auto Body & Glass. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight