ABRA Auto Body & Glass Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work, feels like a family. Works closely with Geico and Enterprise. Management is easy to work with and the stores work very well with each other.
Pros
Geico and Enterprise on site
A good place to get insurance only.
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 28, 2018
I have almost never worked so many hours with so few results. If I got some cars ready for paint they would sit for several days. Can't make good pay like that.
Pray
Collision Estimator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 19, 2018
I would like to just say Be Very Careful if you are going there only because the grass seems greener on the other side please pray about it before you make a decision
Corporate Business
Talent Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
ABRA was a great business with many wonderful employees. It has taught me many skills that will carry on with not only business but my personal life as well. I enjoyed meeting the unique personalties of the collision industry. I have met over 1,000 employees and everyone has their own niche.
It was awful.
Apprentice Automotive Refinish Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 5, 2018
Oh my goodness indeed. If you really cared about what I have to say here you would be asking me in person. So why don't you cut the lame excuses here, and let me skip this amazing section.
Good pay, fast paced
CSM Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2018
A bra is a good place to work and the pay is good as well but it has long hours and can be very stressful. It can be fun to work at if the other employees are happy
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IdahoMay 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was my relationships I had developed over the 5+ years I worked there, with co-workers and insurance agents. I learned that things can change in an instant and always need to be ready for change.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Not much structure
Fast paced
CSM Customer Service Manager II (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 29, 2018
If your willing to invest your time here, advancement is readily available. Most employess are trained and knowledgeable. Given proper training for new hires would likely give them the opportunity for advancement
Pros
Advancement opps
Should pay more
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 29, 2018
enjoy working at Abra. I am a person that likes to be busy, and Abra definitely keeps me busy. I assist angry customers daily, and try to the best of my ability to fix their problem. Working at a direct repair facility for major insurance companies, has really taught me superb customer service skills. Turning customers frowns into smiles, is the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job is working with people that are all busy and overloaded with work. It makes it hard to find a representative to assist the walk-in customers. Overall, Abra has provided me with the opportunity to get experience in corporate America.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Pay and work hours
Fun place to worj
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INMay 18, 2018
It's great when there is work today but that is very rare for to be slow. Just gotta keep busy and help where needed to be at this is a good company just ready for better paying job
Relaxed work environment
lT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 15, 2018
Abra Auto is a young company that is still expanding. Management listens for insight to employees on ways to make changes improvement to the process, but take no action. Company has an old culture and way of doing things and Management only listens to leadership team, which is the old heads of the company regardless of if the suggestion is not in the best interest of employees.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, Management promotes dialogue with employees and sharing ideas on improvement, Company is growing and expanding with new opportunities
Cons
Company has it's favorites, Comany is not very ethnically diverse so not very much culture, No standards in place to follow, No talk of wage increases or compensation for employees in IT Support team, No cross training tor employees in IT department trying to move up
Upper management is the real problem
Collision Estimator (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 22, 2018
Upper management is always threatening and changing the rules. Long hours and the bonus plan is designed to work against you and making money. High employee turnover and run off good employees.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor pay for the responsibilities
Low Pay, Challenging Job
Quality Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIApril 21, 2018
Good place to gain strong skills and knowledge of the exterior parts of a vehicle. Lots of challenging obstacles and personalities. Hard physical work with not much pay or benefits.
A lot of great people under incredibly misguided leadership
Senior HRIS Analyst Consultant through Robert Half (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 10, 2018
Management is unconcerned about long-term longevity of the company. They want to acquire other shops fast and either sell or go public within the next two years. Has resulted in top talent leaving for more long-term growth opportunities.
A relaxed place
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNApril 9, 2018
Work was intended to be completed, and then we could get to know our co-workers. Somedays could be fast paced, and others could be slow. Nice co-workers
Great Place to Be
Customer Service Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 27, 2018
ABRA was an amazing company to work for. Customer service is number one and it was easy to take care of everyone by how happy the employees were. There was always something to do and the busy times were just as great.
Pleasant working environment with great cooperation from all co-workers and staff
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 20, 2018
My most enjoyable part about my day was being able to go around the shop and help anyone in need. I knew most of the positions and tasks that they required.
Excellent
Customer Service Manager; Estimator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2018
Body shop manager was very open and communicated very well. Technicians are very knowledgeable and supportive. Training opportunities are provided as well.
Do not work or go here for service
Account Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  BuckheadMarch 9, 2018
As far as service it takes at least a month to get something simple fixed on your car, they are always going through a struggle with turnovers which is why the service take so long, employees do not like to be there so they are not helpful to the customers, and management has a very Nonchalant type of disposition and attitude which conveys over to the customers and employees that he doesn’t care. Also repairs or never done right the first time which makes you have to bring your car back for follow up work.
Pros
Lifetime guarantee of your repairs
Cons
U have 15 minutes after you are scheduled to show or reschedule a must
poor management / stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2018
I am not a kid coming out of school and getting a first time job, This position is ridiculous, The amount of work they want you to do and for the pay they give you is crazy. Everyone tells you its the busiest and hardest job in the place because of how much you are doing, yet no one even management changes it. Went through 5 shop managers and 2 district managers in a years time. Was promised many thongs upon being hired and they never happened including raises and reviews. This is a nationwide company and it was ran very poorly way too many meeting made production a timelines disappear. seemed only the bottom dollar is what was actually important..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABRA Auto Body & Glass. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight