Abraxas Youth & Family Services

Abraxas Youth & Family Services Employee Reviews for Therapist

great pay
I was often asked to do things I considered unethical. It was all about the money, and less about getting kiddos back into their homes and community successfully .
Pros
Good pay, free meals, work hours, able to do some documentation at home
Cons
The office space was a closet with no window or a/c or heating vent, expected to extend client time in facility unethically, Admin kept and shared private paperwork without my permission, I had a hard time retrieving my personal papers.
I would rate working for this company as being poor.
Poor management, dangerous working with out of control teens with minimal staff supervision. Work load more than anyone can manage. Management not supportive of employees.
You've gotta to really love troubled youth to even consider.
The environment is tremendously stressful. the clientele do not typically engage in the therapeutic process easily. the management team is difficult to work with. the compensation is fair but not adequate for what you be expected to do. They are constantly under-staffed and turn-over is very high!
Official response from Abraxas Youth & Family Services
September 12, 2019
Thank you for feedback. This line of work can be stressful and it requires us to be both tough and compassionate.
Lack of communication from the Supervisor and when things (work related). Never praised for accomplishments.
There were no opportunities for advancement; no raises for Therapists or CDCA staff. Although it was a “for profit” agency; we had no software program and provided all information by”cutting and pasting” into the computer. We asked about the agency providing a program to make our
caseload paperwork easier and time more efficient, but it was ignored for the 3 years that I was an employee.. In order to remain current with the paperwork, an employee had to work at least 3 hours after an 8 hour shift during the week and and work during the weekend as well.
Official response from Abraxas Youth & Family Services
August 14, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your sharing the challenges you faced.
Not a good place to go
A typical day is reaching out to kids in school. A lot of drive time. A LOT of paperwork, I have worked at numerous agencies in my lifetime and this one has by far the greatest amount of paperwork. High expectations that are not possible to meet. I recently left and every single other therapist there is trying to leave. Productivity expectations are not reasonable. When giving a 2 week notice, they refuse to let you finish out the 2 weeks and do not pay you for the time they cut you loose despite you giving them a 2 week notice. They also refuse to reimburse for mileage.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
high paced and can be stressful
The hours can be compiled with crisis, report writing, incident reports and due to lack of staff, coverage issues. A lot of incidents can cause a lot of stress and can be taxing, emotionally
rewarding, overworked and underpaid
Rewarding to help youth make positive changes. Not given enough time to get job duties accomplished during the work week. Some staff not qualified to work with youth and do not treat youth well. All staff seem overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough time to get work done and negative work atmosphere
Horrible place
Shady employees, low salary, licensing is called all the time due to allegations, that place will shut down at any moment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abraxas Youth & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5