Abraxas Youth & Family Services Employee Reviews for Treatment Manager

fun enviorment
Treatment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 15, 2019
Enjoy working there. Only reason why I am looking into alternative employment is to obtain better opportunities to go back to school. Good work environment.
Official response from Abraxas Youth & Family Services
October 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Abraxas Youth & Family Services does offer tuition reimbursement, please check at your work site as to the details of our tuition reimbursement plan. Or, feel free to contact us directly at recruiting@jobsatabraxas.com for more information on this employee benefit.

No regards to the balance of work and personal time
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COMarch 26, 2019
I do not recommend anyone to work at this place. It’s poorly managed. There are no regards to personal time off as to working there in a very stressful environment. Management only looks out for themselves and advertises false hope to staff. As a former supervisor there I speak purely out of my own experience. Labor laws are of no concern to them. Overworked staff are unsafe for the children that reside there as staff are not fully alert.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Mismanaged
Official response from Abraxas Youth & Family Services
August 15, 2019

Thanks for taking time to share this feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to email us at recruiting@jobsatabraxas.com with any further concerns you wish to share.

Rewarding employment opportunities
TREATMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
A strong company that promotes teamwork and works to coach and develop its employees.
The type of clients are challenging however there is support as well as ongoing training.
Nice place to work
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2018
It was a nice place to work. The over night shift is what I chose to work. My employees were good and hard working people. They did everything I asked of them.
Can be stressful, face paced.
Treatment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78213January 10, 2018
Job is best for those without children, requires many hours depending on your job title. Can be extremely stressful if you aren't skilled in time management, multi-tasking, and adapting to different personalities and cultures. Ability to advance, and be promoted is very available to those that put the time and energy into the job. Could be a career if someone is interested in this mental health field, with this specific population of people. Very interesting.
Pros
Good benefits, LOTS of overtime, easy advancment to a certain level
Cons
High turnover rate, high stress and sometimes low quality employees
Productive Place to Work & Good to Worker
Treatment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cañon City, COAugust 18, 2017
I worked at this job since I was a child. Working in this type of environment taught me everything I know today. I would not be as successful today if not for this experience. The times were but I needed a change of scenery as well as I needed another opportunity for me to grow within my field of study. A great job overall though.
Pros
Fun Environment, Easy Going Bosses, Great Place to Learn
Cons
Overtime (The Time Spent, not the Money)
Great Place to start a career
Treatment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cañon City, CO 81212February 26, 2017
Southern Peaks provided a strong start in a career path, taking the time to teach its employees the necessary skills to be successful in working with at risk youth.
Great place to work before company was bought out by Geo Corp
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, CODecember 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids and seeing growth in their treatment. The management were sometimes difficult to work with. Unsafe work conditions were created by poor management at times.
no comment
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marienville, PASeptember 8, 2015
nothing to say other than great entry level position. Not great at holding onto seasoned people. Management is larger than it needs to be with not enough doing the work that is needed.
Hector Garza Center
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2014
Hector Garza Center is a wonderful organization and I learned a lot from executive leadership all the way down to the residents.
fullfilling, rewarding, and a lot of dedication
Treatment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marienville, PAOctober 26, 2013
Abraxas I is an ever changing fast paced environment with no day ever being the same. A program for troubled adolescents, that is both stressful and rewarding. Abraxas I has taught me the importance of reinforcing structure and balance into a youth's life, as well as many other counseling modalities and perspectives. Management is extremely supportive of the growth of its employees and the success of the facility. No decisions are made with out the top concerns of client safety and program integrity being at the forefront. Co-workers are an eclectic assortment of people. Some are very supportive, helpful, and organized, while others are not. A well working team is vital to the success of the unit and to provide the maximum amount of treatment that can be obtained. The biggest challenge as an employee at Abraxas I is maintaining a healthy work/life balance as there are many long hours to put forth and shifts to cover. The most rewarding thing about this position is witnessing and taking part in the positive changes that the clients make.
Pros
fast paced, rewarding
Cons
long hours, odd shifts
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COJanuary 28, 2013
Great place to work with many opportunities for advancement. Rewarding job working with at-risk youth.