Abrazo West Campus Employee Reviews

complete joy
Surgical Technology Extern (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 23, 2018
I am only a student at Abrazo west campus but as it stand it is a great to learn and work. The people that work are kind, easy to get along with, everyone goes above and beyond to help each and get the work that needs to be done done.
Pros
great people, easy work environment
Cons
can get slow
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your role is helping you develop professionally!

Abrazo
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 19, 2018
This company overall sucked. If this was a prison the inmates would be in control. Management is a joke and doesn’t do investigations enough to warrant write ups. They promote within but don’t promote the right person for the job. This is definitely a place of not what you know but who you know.
June 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Long Hard Days
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 28, 2018
A typical day at work was under staffed and got to become stressful each aide were required to have up to 17 patients per day shift. I learned lots of different things as i had the opportunity to work on a trauma unit. Management was bias towards coworkers; if you weren't the managers friend she never talked to you but only found negativity in your work. The hardest part of the job was juggling 17 patients at once trying to perform safety and all plan of care especially showers/ bedbaths on all of the patients.
The most enjoyable part were some of the coworkers/ friends that i had with me to get through the tough days.
May 30, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Do not walk RUN away from this company!
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 19, 2018
The culture is the worst I’ve ever seen in my career! Unfair! Short staffed! Management does not care about employees! The salary and benefits are good! Staff is not held accountable the morale is bad! They offer good bonuses to lure people but even with the 10k & 15k bonuses it’s not worth it! I did a 6 month bid worst job I’ve ever had in my career!
Pros
Cons
Salary & benefits if I had to pick
April 21, 2018

Thank you for being honest with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

RN (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 18, 2018
Busy place to work at, sometimes understaffed; some units more stressful than others. Management-some are better than others. Workplace culture is friendly for the most part.The hardest part of the job is working while understaffed and upper management demanding same work expectations without additional help. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great staff who have your back and will help. Decent pay,
Pros
Overtime available, $ incentive when short staffed, friendly enviroment
Cons
no lunch on some units, understaffed, management dislikes when you stay past your shift to finish charting b/c it was a very busy shift.
April 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. This will be shared with leadership immediately.

Multifaceted ICU
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  ICUApril 9, 2018
This is a level one trauma hospital. ICU has a plethora of patients. Ratio is anywhere from 1:1 or 1:3 depending on acuity of pts. All disciplines work every well together (charge nurse, ICU nurses, HD, RT's, PT, OT, ST, case management, social work, donor network of Arizona, MRI, CT, trauma service and the ICU intensivist). Management is supportive and there is always educational opportunities to take advantage of. Workplace culture is supportive and staff are always willing to help each other. Hardest part of the job is dealing with older equipment and transferring patients to MRI, CT, other floors).
April 10, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback about Abrazo West. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Fast paste
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to work for . enjoyed working there friendly work environment. Making patients heal better with clean room . management not so great but will work with you.
February 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Abrazo West’s success.

Nice people.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 29, 2018
I work with amazing people. Usually understaffed so there seems to be a lot of turnover. Location is good. Pay and benefits are reasonable but you have to negotiate on your hourly pay when hired on. They try to pay less than they should.
January 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is important to us that our employees always feel they can be heard at all times.

Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 9, 2017
Run, don't walk! Poor management, ICU director cut throat, sexist and unprofessional. Coworkers are clicky, if you don't fit in you are doomed! Unfair assignments, new nurses orienting other nurses and placed in charge. Trauma surgeon is aggressive and unprofessional. Good luck on leaving with your license intact! Scary place to work!
December 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

My review of my current hospital
Dan Wilson, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 13, 2017
This hospital is a teaching hospital with a trauma center in full use. You can see just about anything every different night you work. The staff are very polite and helpful and work well as a team and I would recommend my family and friends to be taken cared of at this hospital.
Pros
good teaching hospital
Cons
sometimes short staffed
November 15, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! At Abrazo West, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

The people are great
Med Tech Generalist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 21, 2017
It's very easy to make friends here. People work together and there is not competition between departments. They pay well and the benefits are decent.
October 22, 2017

We appreciate your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Abrazo West's success.

I adore my co-workers
Lab Assistant for a Level 1 Trauma Center (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 4, 2017
I love the people I work with, Absolutely. We have fun when we can, and keep an upbeat attitude in order to preserve the morale of the lab. I trust them to do their job.
Level 1 Trauma
Staff Nurse ICU 22 Bed Unit /Elective 6 Bed (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 28, 2017
Work demanding, assignments unfair. Staff to young and inexperienced. Poor axillary support. Poor computer support and system down to much. Extreme Level 1 Trauma with very few experienced Trauma nurses, as well as not enough trauma Doctors. Poor equipment maintenance.
I enjoyed meeting the staff and the state of Arizona was great.
Pros
Dr. on staff at night
Cons
poor ability to keep staff and to assign fairly
high paced environment
Lead Neurological Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  phoenix azAugust 12, 2017
high paced environment for critical ill patients. Great learning environment. Culture is great, great team work, administration is very supportive of staff
Great place to work but Management is horrible
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 19, 2017
Not a friendly place to work and the management is constantly changing. They is a lot of inexperience nurses in management and there is a lot of bullying an discrimination that is overlooked
Great Work Environment
Call Center Representative • Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 27, 2017
Fun friendly staff, great place to work. Happy environment. Easy to work with co-workers. No cons. Patients are a little rough to deal with but over all manageable.
Not a bad place to start
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2017
Not a bad place for a new nurse to start their career but by no means would it be the last place that someone should finish their career at. The work environment is hostile as their are quite a few unhappy people here but I think that is just part of the nature of working in the operating room.
Amazing place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 3, 2017
Culture lead by Great leadership. Great place to work. Great opportunity, patient care and benefits. Loved working here. I can't say enough about this place!
Pros
too many
Great flexibility
Patient Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 30, 2017
I was hired on as a pool employee and it has been very convenient to be able to make my own schedule as long as I meet the minimum schedule requirements.
Professional work environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, ArizonaApril 5, 2017
Working at Abrazo was a professional environment with many responsibilities, however, Human Resources and the Executive team were always making sure their employees, customers, visitors, and guests were satisfied. They often had days for employees (RN Day, Human Resources Day, Med Staff Day, etc.) to involve and encourage employees to do well. All were treated with respect and taken into consideration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abrazo West Campus. Our community is ready to answer.

Abrazo West Campus Reviews by Location