Absolut Care Employee Reviews

Overall a rating of three
Resident Care Coordinator/Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Poor management with no raises, the facility was bought out earlier this year and has gone down hill ever since. It is very stressful. Overtime is available if you want it on a positive note. Very understaffed. I would not reccomend this facility unless your desperate for a job.
Pros
401K, and health benfits available
Cons
Poor staffing and management
Don't waste your time
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYAugust 12, 2018
Don't waste your time with this place. Worked there on weekends and overheard many instances of CNAs getting really rude and a tad aggressive with the residents. Lots of gossiping and biases geared towards men as most of the staff I worked around were women.
Pros
Multiple breaks
Cons
Everything else
NASTY- One star because you have to!
management (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NY. Dunkirk, NYAugust 2, 2018
As long as there are people in the building, that is all that is required! The residents are not taken care of, it is always understaffed and the place is filthy! The reply from a higher up for the work not being completed is, "This is all that I have" Seriously! No respect is given to higher ups when all they care about is lining their pockets! You need to run as fast as you can unless you want to lose your certification or license!
Pros
It's a job!
Cons
Should be closed down!
great place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 24, 2018
We work together as a team. I love the residents. How everyone cares so much for what's going on with the care of the residents. As well as the care of the workers.
Beautician
Beautician (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 24, 2018
The job was well liked I enjoyed it. The management needs work. Poor quality advisor. In other areas things might be better. I left due to the lack of communication between the administration and the beauticians. I worked along side to others ladies they were wonderful. I would not recommend working for absolute in the beauticians position. As the administrator has no knowledge of the job itself.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Administration needs work!
A nightmare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 28, 2018
The management was a nightmare. A good chunk of aides and nurses there are dirty and break rules and state regulations constantly. When you go to someone with an issue they will blow you off. Staffing is poor, never enough equipment to do our job. Poor treatment of residents. I wouldn't reccomend sending a loved one here or working here.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMay 1, 2018
I have never worked for a team like the one at Absolut of Westfield . They truly care about their residents and their employees. You can talk to the management and they actually listen to what you have to say. The facility is clean
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Certain staff call in all the time
Pay needs to improve
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMarch 17, 2018
It’s like family at westfield, a lot of team growth and change in the last year. I look forward to making a difference every day and the teamwork is fun. We still have a lot to work on and raises for managers needs to start up again.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay needs to improve
Horrible Unless You Like to Work For Free
RN (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMarch 4, 2018
Requirements for your job and schedule as an RN change daily. RNs are salary there, and that is sorely abused. No comp unless you work 4+ hrs over. Medical insurance is very poor. A large number of two-faced employees especially in management. Perks are decided by who is best liked by management rather than by hard work and dedication.
Pros
They'll give anyone a job
Cons
lousey benefits, below market pay, no loyalty from management once you're settled in
Very poor place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Terrible management, not engough staff no team work poor treatment of residents very poor quality of supplies to work with.Dirty facility, Unfriendly staff treated residents like they don't even matter
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too many to list
Interesting & changing every day
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Houghton, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Playing games & keeping the elderly busy & occupied. We colored, played games, went for walks inside building, just sat & talked to the residents.
How to cope with dementia residents.
The hardest part of the job was seeing them steadily decline mentally & physically.
Getting to know the residents & their families. Their likes & dislikes.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
high cost of health care
Very Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marked Tree, ARFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed taking care of my clients and putting a smile on their face. I learned that I could make a difference in someone else's life. I could not work the hours I worked and enjoy time with my family.
Pros
Taking care of my clients.
Cons
The split shifts and working 7 days a week
Very stressful. Management so out of touch w/ reality
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Aurora parkFebruary 12, 2018
Doesn’t care about staff or residents for that matter. All about what is convenient and what works for them . No leadership or standards. Sad place to work.
Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gasport, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Work is plentiful but tough.
There is always a chance for extra hours.
Residents depend on you to due your job and due it properly and respectfully.
You meet amazing people.
Great Place to start off a career
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2018
Absolut keeps going through changes, and it continues improving slowly. Corporate seems to really wants to improve the buildings for residents and staff.
Pros
Job Advancement
Cons
Culture in Facilities
It’s okay.
Employee (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Constantly short staffed. Management is rough. Always under a microscope, if you don’t suck up you get the short end of the stick. The hours are good, and the time off. The residents are amazing. So sweet.
Pros
Pto, sick and vacation time, residents
Cons
Short staffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYJanuary 4, 2018
The staff is very friendly and helpful. People are willing to work together to get the work done. Training and learning new departments is an option if you want to try something new.
Aweful job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Allegany, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Worked there 4 years and got nowhere. We had terrible equipment and even worse management, with little pay, high drama, and extreme stress. I recommend no one work there or put a relative in there care
Pros
Health care
To help the old people
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marked Tree, ARDecember 27, 2017
I loved my job love taking care of people it was a real nice laid back job. I was able to some what set my own time 2 be there. Pay could of been better
Stressful and overwhelming.
None (Current Employee) –  Absoult careDecember 17, 2017
Managment sucks, have of them don't have a clue what they are doing or they pass it on to someone else. Communication throughout the building was nonexsitent. I was absolutely disgusted about the care these resdients got, short staffed and no one taking responsibility for their own actions. I would never bring a,loved one here. Worse place I've worked in my life. Takes a toll on your body and health.
Pros
Cons
Union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolut Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8