Absolut Care Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Staffing is always short to the point of being unsafe at times. Management? What management? Supervisors come an go including the administrators. The CNA’s sit at the nurses station more than they work. I was a CNA and transitioned to LPN and almost had to work alone, taking care of 40 residents. Most of the time the aide to patient ratio is 3-40. Apparently they can’t keep their staff and continuously hire agency staffing. Care is obviously not number 1 at Absolut. Do not be misled by the commercials always airing on tv and radio. It’s all bs. Keep looking!
Pros
Pay is determined by experience
Cons
Short staffing, lazy staff, no leadership
Overall a rating of three
Resident Care Coordinator/Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Poor management with no raises, the facility was bought out earlier this year and has gone down hill ever since. It is very stressful. Overtime is available if you want it on a positive note. Very understaffed. I would not reccomend this facility unless your desperate for a job.
Pros
401K, and health benfits available
Cons
Poor staffing and management
Awful place to be
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYAugust 18, 2018
Terrible place to work ashamed to tell anyone i ever dedicated 3 years of my life in a facility as this one none of the higher ups care about anyone but themselves
Awesome
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NY 14052August 15, 2018
Absolut helped me grow as a person. Getting out of high school and into something with such responsibly. I could not have ask for a better way to start my career in Health Care. From waking residents up, helping them dress, eating breakfast, helping the with ADL's, and then taking them to lunch. I learned so much about people and life. I would not change my work experience there.
short staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYAugust 13, 2018
always short staffed can't keep good workers. Need to compensate employees better and maybe more employees would want to stay. Good place to work besides being under staffed
Don't waste your time
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYAugust 12, 2018
Don't waste your time with this place. Worked there on weekends and overheard many instances of CNAs getting really rude and a tad aggressive with the residents. Lots of gossiping and biases geared towards men as most of the staff I worked around were women.
Pros
Multiple breaks
Cons
Everything else
NASTY- One star because you have to!
management (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NY. Dunkirk, NYAugust 2, 2018
As long as there are people in the building, that is all that is required! The residents are not taken care of, it is always understaffed and the place is filthy! The reply from a higher up for the work not being completed is, "This is all that I have" Seriously! No respect is given to higher ups when all they care about is lining their pockets! You need to run as fast as you can unless you want to lose your certification or license!
Pros
It's a job!
Cons
Should be closed down!
Great
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJuly 27, 2018
Demanding job that requires flexibility and adaptability as well as the ability to work with labor shortages. Need to be able to work in other kitchens as needed that operate using different systems. Intense and high energy environment. Offers as many hours as desired with overtime and pick-up bonuses.
great place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 24, 2018
We work together as a team. I love the residents. How everyone cares so much for what's going on with the care of the residents. As well as the care of the workers.
Terrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WestfieldJuly 4, 2018
Upon hire, was told position would be what was applied for. Within the week, was told to go to a different floor permanently with no questions. Some of Management were bully’s and did not treat staff with respect deserved.
Pros
Cons
Everything: no break, money sucks, most of management sucks.
Beautician
Beautician (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 24, 2018
The job was well liked I enjoyed it. The management needs work. Poor quality advisor. In other areas things might be better. I left due to the lack of communication between the administration and the beauticians. I worked along side to others ladies they were wonderful. I would not recommend working for absolute in the beauticians position. As the administrator has no knowledge of the job itself.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Administration needs work!
A nightmare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 28, 2018
The management was a nightmare. A good chunk of aides and nurses there are dirty and break rules and state regulations constantly. When you go to someone with an issue they will blow you off. Staffing is poor, never enough equipment to do our job. Poor treatment of residents. I wouldn't reccomend sending a loved one here or working here.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMay 1, 2018
I have never worked for a team like the one at Absolut of Westfield . They truly care about their residents and their employees. You can talk to the management and they actually listen to what you have to say. The facility is clean
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Certain staff call in all the time
Pay needs to improve
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMarch 17, 2018
It’s like family at westfield, a lot of team growth and change in the last year. I look forward to making a difference every day and the teamwork is fun. We still have a lot to work on and raises for managers needs to start up again.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay needs to improve
Good Entry Level Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Very friendly work environment. People are great. It is a large facility so staffing is an issue on occasion. As with most long term care facilities, there is a good amount of turnover.
Very poor place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Terrible management, not engough staff no team work poor treatment of residents very poor quality of supplies to work with.Dirty facility, Unfriendly staff treated residents like they don't even matter
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too many to list
Interesting & changing every day
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Houghton, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Playing games & keeping the elderly busy & occupied. We colored, played games, went for walks inside building, just sat & talked to the residents.
How to cope with dementia residents.
The hardest part of the job was seeing them steadily decline mentally & physically.
Getting to know the residents & their families. Their likes & dislikes.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
high cost of health care
Very Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marked Tree, ARFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed taking care of my clients and putting a smile on their face. I learned that I could make a difference in someone else's life. I could not work the hours I worked and enjoy time with my family.
Pros
Taking care of my clients.
Cons
The split shifts and working 7 days a week
Very stressful. Management so out of touch w/ reality
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Aurora parkFebruary 12, 2018
Doesn’t care about staff or residents for that matter. All about what is convenient and what works for them . No leadership or standards. Sad place to work.
Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gasport, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Work is plentiful but tough.
There is always a chance for extra hours.
Residents depend on you to due your job and due it properly and respectfully.
You meet amazing people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolut Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8