Absolut Care Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
A nightmare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 28, 2018
The management was a nightmare. A good chunk of aides and nurses there are dirty and break rules and state regulations constantly. When you go to someone with an issue they will blow you off. Staffing is poor, never enough equipment to do our job. Poor treatment of residents. I wouldn't reccomend sending a loved one here or working here.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMay 1, 2018
I have never worked for a team like the one at Absolut of Westfield . They truly care about their residents and their employees. You can talk to the management and they actually listen to what you have to say. The facility is clean
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Certain staff call in all the time
Pay needs to improve
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMarch 17, 2018
It’s like family at westfield, a lot of team growth and change in the last year. I look forward to making a difference every day and the teamwork is fun. We still have a lot to work on and raises for managers needs to start up again.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay needs to improve
Horrible Unless You Like to Work For Free
RN (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYMarch 4, 2018
Requirements for your job and schedule as an RN change daily. RNs are salary there, and that is sorely abused. No comp unless you work 4+ hrs over. Medical insurance is very poor. A large number of two-faced employees especially in management. Perks are decided by who is best liked by management rather than by hard work and dedication.
Pros
They'll give anyone a job
Cons
lousey benefits, below market pay, no loyalty from management once you're settled in
Very poor place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Terrible management, not engough staff no team work poor treatment of residents very poor quality of supplies to work with.Dirty facility, Unfriendly staff treated residents like they don't even matter
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too many to list
Interesting & changing every day
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Houghton, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Playing games & keeping the elderly busy & occupied. We colored, played games, went for walks inside building, just sat & talked to the residents.
How to cope with dementia residents.
The hardest part of the job was seeing them steadily decline mentally & physically.
Getting to know the residents & their families. Their likes & dislikes.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
high cost of health care
Very Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marked Tree, ARFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed taking care of my clients and putting a smile on their face. I learned that I could make a difference in someone else's life. I could not work the hours I worked and enjoy time with my family.
Pros
Taking care of my clients.
Cons
The split shifts and working 7 days a week
Very stressful. Management so out of touch w/ reality
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Aurora parkFebruary 12, 2018
Doesn’t care about staff or residents for that matter. All about what is convenient and what works for them . No leadership or standards. Sad place to work.
Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gasport, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Work is plentiful but tough.
There is always a chance for extra hours.
Residents depend on you to due your job and due it properly and respectfully.
You meet amazing people.
Great Place to start off a career
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 25, 2018
Absolut keeps going through changes, and it continues improving slowly. Corporate seems to really wants to improve the buildings for residents and staff.
Pros
Job Advancement
Cons
Culture in Facilities
It’s okay.
Employee (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Constantly short staffed. Management is rough. Always under a microscope, if you don’t suck up you get the short end of the stick. The hours are good, and the time off. The residents are amazing. So sweet.
Pros
Pto, sick and vacation time, residents
Cons
Short staffed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYJanuary 4, 2018
The staff is very friendly and helpful. People are willing to work together to get the work done. Training and learning new departments is an option if you want to try something new.
Aweful job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Allegany, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Worked there 4 years and got nowhere. We had terrible equipment and even worse management, with little pay, high drama, and extreme stress. I recommend no one work there or put a relative in there care
Pros
Health care
To help the old people
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marked Tree, ARDecember 27, 2017
I loved my job love taking care of people it was a real nice laid back job. I was able to some what set my own time 2 be there. Pay could of been better
Stressful and overwhelming.
None (Current Employee) –  Absoult careDecember 17, 2017
Managment sucks, have of them don't have a clue what they are doing or they pass it on to someone else. Communication throughout the building was nonexsitent. I was absolutely disgusted about the care these resdients got, short staffed and no one taking responsibility for their own actions. I would never bring a,loved one here. Worse place I've worked in my life. Takes a toll on your body and health.
Pros
Cons
Union
This really was a good job the people that own it the CEO everybody there was very nice and they cared about their workers in Residence
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 30, 2017
I like this job a lot because we always took the residence outs on field trips we always did all kinds of things with the resident the residence was very happy at this job this is a good place I wish they never shut down
Therapy is a joy to work in
Sports Trainer (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYNovember 9, 2017
the therapy department is a great group to work in. Everyone communicates and helps one another. It is a very relaxed atmosphere. There is interaction with all residents in the facility which always makes the days different.
Pros
Interactive, rewarding, make literal changes in people's quality of life
Cons
high turnover rate among certain departments
No time to finish work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Houghton, NYNovember 1, 2017
When your struggling to get your job done and u have 3 giggling rns behind the desk as no one helps, even when u asked for it. Horrible place to work. Residents are friendly but, they don't get the proper care. A typical work day is confusing. U never know where u are going to be . Favoritism and lack of supplied to do your job
Pros
Residents are great
Cons
Backstabbing and no help from higher ups
awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYOctober 31, 2017
Poor management, poor attitude, aides that are always rushing not taking time to give proper care until state is actually in the building. should be shut down
Horrible place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYOctober 26, 2017
I had to leave the dietary department couldn’t take the filth. The cutting boards had mold on them and nobody seemed to care, the juice gun was filled with mold. And if u helped in the dish room, you stood in 2 inches of water. Also had forced over time. It is very fast paced.
Pros
Liked the residents
Cons
The whole place