Absolute Business Solutions Corp. (ABSc)

Absolute Business Solutions Corp. (ABSc) Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
Not well structured for success
No leadership provided. Many requirements changed daily or weekly which interrupted work flow.
Pros
great people
Review
Great place to work. Great leadership, that wants to see you be successful so you can be successful for the customer. I have recommended friends to work here.
Ugh
Revolving door of management.
Zero empathy from the "Lifers" who have been there for more than a year.

Shrinking business and they have had several corporate layoffs disguised as reorganizations - either way, they have laid off with no notice over 10 people at corporate.

Don't care about anyone or anything.
September 20, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel this way and we are happy to address these comments and feelings about our business. Our Corporate office is at its largest since inception of the company due to the recent wins we have been awarded. We encourage you and others to read about our contract wins and growth areas that we post about on LinkedIn. We have a lot of current job openings and have hired over 100 new employees this year alone.

We would like to address any negative feelings you may have about our company and we encourage you to reach out to hr@absc-us.com to talk further. Thank you!
Avoid at all cost.
In short, do not work for this company. The work environment is obscenely hostile. They have no qualms laying off personnel they hired just a few months prior, some of whom had been at a previous job for years. You will be absolutely nothing more than a number under Salary and Wage Expense on their balance sheet.
April 15, 2019
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience and a negative perception of environment when you were with us. We welcome the opportunity for more feedback from you - we are always striving to improve employee well being as the employees are our number one asset. We have been growing leaps and bounds, and while we we make every effort to make each employee feel valued at all times, we can always improve! Please contact hr@absc-us.com so we can understand more your views when working at ABSc - your feedback is vital to our growth as we continue to put employee well being and development first.
-ABSC Management
Working for absc made very good at troubleshooting and resolving problems
Working for this contract was a great experience for me. I learned alot in this Lead role even the environment was always break fix. I specifically picked this job so that i could hecome better at what i do.
April 15, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, please reach out at hr@absc-us.com for any other comments - we are always looking to improve as we grow.
April 15, 2019
Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to have provided a great place to work! Please keep us in mind for future work opportunities as we love to welcome back returning employees. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or questions for job opportunities at hr@absc-us.com.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Small company, hoping to expand
The environment is great to work depending on your location. most of the Program managers are great with a few exceptions. Most people that work here tend to leave either because of better pay or to the government side.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
some faulty leadership
Productive Yet Family Oriented
ABSC is a great company. When having to go to the corp office, it was very family oriented and w/o stress. Everyone was pleasant and informative.
When I started working for this company, it was considered small. It has now grown to a medium sized company. I've had nothing less then a great experience.
Pros
great salary/relaxed environment
Cons
insurance cost for a family is fairly expensive
April 15, 2019
Good people, bad management.
While the pay and benefits for ABSc are really nice and at competitive levels, they don't outweigh the negative aspects.

In my experience with ABSC, outside of your immediate site lead, management will always put the wants of the client ahead of their employees. Working your butt off and making your government quota consistently? Well, the government thinks that isn't good enough now and modifies the contract so that the quota is now quadrupled, but with no additional contractor positions. ABSC will sign off on that every time, with no regard to how any change is going to affect their employees.

Also, even after it's widely understood that every employee on the contract has at least an hour long commute home, so they'd rather not drink, at least on person in executive level management will get personally offended if you don't attend their Tuesday, after work happy hour. That type of behavior is unprofessional and extremely petty.
Pros
Good benefits and acceptable pay
Cons
Poor management, bad company culture, absolute morale killer
Free to be your own employee. ABSC allow you the employee to work on or off contract. ABSC will send you to school for educational advance or to class for a certification. ABSC is all about employee retainment.
Pros
Work get togethers, baseball, football, basketball and happy hours
April 15, 2019
Productive and family friendly workplace
Great stepping stone into the world of government contracts
April 15, 2019
Gross salary significantly higher than last employer, but benefits lack a bit
ABS gave me a signing bonus and a significant pay raise, BUT:

* Medical insurance cost more than my last employer, and fewer choices

* Couldn't contribute to 401(k) for several months, though this restriction was removed for more recent hires.

* Much lower company 401(k) contribution than a recent employer which contributed a generous percentage of our salary to everyone's 401(k) rather than merely matching some part of the employee contribution. But few companies are that generous.

* Company policy artificially capped annual FSA contribution per employee at $2500, while I was putting in much more at a previous employer. (Next year, though, the IRS itself caps it at $2400 for many or most people.)

* I sometimes got the feeling that the management was sort of making things up as they went, rather than having established and communicating policies clearly. That's probably typical of many such smaller, younger companies, though.

(Some details of this review may have been slightly obfuscated for privacy reasons.)