Absolute Business Solutions Corp. (ABSc) Employee Reviews

Not as focused as they could be
Surge contract Counter-Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCOctober 26, 2018
This company is still trying to find their way in the intelligence realm. They do not hire the best for the job, they focus on what is easiest. Not always the best way to conduct business.
Cons
Management is still trying to learn...
ABSc is Synonymous with Mismanagement
All Source Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 20, 2018
I worked for Absolute Business Solutions Corporation (ABSc) for almost a year and a half on an INSCOM surge project and can safely say it was the most toxic and poorly-managed project I have ever had the displeasure of working. The project started out as a short-term surge but after several extensions became long term; however, ABSc management and HR failed to address this change for its employees. Despite having asked several times for employee evaluations (to protect myself and others from the volatility of the contract and the work environment) I was told the company would not provide us with evaluations because we were still considered “short-term employees.” Additionally, when I asked for a copy of ABSc policies in writing, I was told the company did not have this for us either. In hindsight, ABSc did this intentionally to make it easier to terminate employees from the contract. ABSc is now facing litigation because of its unfair practices and wrongful terminations.

For over a year, I worked hard on behalf of ABSc and the mission and was highly valued by the client but because I did not have the evaluations to back my performance, I was terminated over a “he said, she said” game with the incoming of new management. Which brings me to my next point: ABSc does not care about its employees, it only cares about money. Based on my experience with the company, HR is poorly managed and the department does not take employee complaints seriously, nor do they launch investigations to ascertain the legitimacy of a complaint. Their first inclination is to terminate any employee
  more... who comes up on management radar, regardless of whether it is performance related. When the company does not have legitimate reasons for termination, they will resort to the all-time favorite ABSc mantra of “well, the client complained about you,” regardless of whether it is true.

The program atmosphere is toxic and the most childish I have ever worked in. There is a select group of contractors who have close friendships with the government client and abuse these friendships to go after individuals whom they do not personally like. Additionally, because employee evaluations are not provided, those who do not actually put in real effort, care about the mission, or are toxic to the environment are kept on. Due to all the mismanagement, the site lead and program manager were demoted, and a new program manager brought in. I had hope with the new management that things would change. Unfortunately, she came in eager to act without properly differentiating the hard workers from the trouble makers and is now wrapped around the fingers of the most toxic individuals in the program. In conclusion, this company has brought me and others so much undeserved emotional distress. My advice is to steer clear.
Pros
Mission was interesting and pay was good for a time.
Cons
Everything except the two pros listed.
Working for absc made very good at troubleshooting and resolving problems
SharePoint Lead/Program Management (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 19, 2018
Working for this contract was a great experience for me. I learned alot in this Lead role even the environment was always break fix. I specifically picked this job so that i could hecome better at what i do.
Absc
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 21, 2018
ABSc is a ok government contracting company. There is absolutely no communication between leadership and employees unless you are a corporate employee. So you don’t know what's going on with your job or future of the company. Benefits are down to the bottom, expensive healthcare, 6 months company contributes to 401K etc. No morale events at client location.

My recommendations:
- Talk to your employees and act like you care about your people at least
- Do little events at client location for morale, buy pizza or something
- send regular company updates to your employees
- Have Yammer or something to collaborate between employees and leadership
- Start 401K immediately
Pros
you have a job until
Cons
most of all
Poor communication between management and outer-lying staff positions
Counterintelligence Screener/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2018
I would not work for this company again. The organizational platform is misinformed at best. The staff members that are required two perform multiple positions did not have any advanced notice on the need to do so. The screening missions are planned six months or better in advance and there was still no definitive schedule for ease and flow of operations with screening and report writing for the individual debriefer as well as the senior reviewers.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Healthcare outrageously priced
Great company tro work for
Sr. SharePoint Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMay 22, 2018
Great company to work for. I have great job satisfaction. Great work life balance depending on which contract you support. As an employee, you are not bogged down with meetings.
Temporary Position
Counter-Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 23, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of coming in and doing cases. I learned that a temporary job is just that, temporary. Management of the company was great, very professional and told me what to expect. Workplace culture very professional, would definitely work with ABSc again if an opportunity came available.
Pros
Great work.
Cons
Temporary position
Productive Yet Family Oriented
IT Administrator/System Integrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 27, 2018
ABSC is a great company. When having to go to the corp office, it was very family oriented and w/o stress. Everyone was pleasant and informative.
When I started working for this company, it was considered small. It has now grown to a medium sized company. I've had nothing less then a great experience.
Pros
great salary/relaxed environment
Cons
insurance cost for a family is fairly expensive
Subpar stepping stone job
Counterintelligence (CI) Screener (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDFebruary 27, 2018
Bottom line up front: There is no benefit to staying here past a year.

The actual work involved is not bad. It is straightforward and relatively easy. It is everything else that is wrong with this company. The turnover rate is horrible. Within one year we've lost approximately 80% of our personnel including two PMs. The PMs we have now refuse to do annual performance evaluations which are the justifications for raises and bonuses. So essentially there are no annual raises at all. The only way to get offered a raise is to threaten to quit. There is no upward progression at all. What position and salary you were hired at is what they expect you to remain at indefinitely. This company will not last too long. They severely underbid contracts and expect people to be happy with the barely livable salary they offer. As one PM put it, "These people are so greedy. It's a privilege to work here. They're lucky I allow them to stay here."

If that's the kind of company you want to be a part of, then by all means. But if you want to be valued as an employee and taken seriously, I would recommend against seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Standard 8-10 hour work day.
Cons
Low salary, no career progression, toxic leadership.
Good company to work for!
Novice Weapons Technical Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 5, 2018
One of the few companies I've worked for that truly cared for its employees. If you missed a paycheck for some reason, the owner would cut you a check!
Pros
Caring corporate staff
Cons
Pay was a little under standard.
I like the company
Quality Assurance Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 19, 2018
I like the company. It's small, and it feels that way. The benefits provide what I need them to. The health care provider is United Health Care.

I like my manager/supervisor, too. He's easygoing and very intelligent.

I work for ABSc on a contract mired in very volatile energy. I don't know if ABSc has anything else for me to do. Also, I don't think I'm paid enough there. Barring those two things, I most likely would not be updating my resume.
Pros
Intimate, small-company culture is embracing
Cons
Not many contracts
Great pay, easy on boarding
Counterintelligence (CI) Screener (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2017
Good company easy onboarding and time recording procedures. Good benefits for 401k and discounts. Management personnel seemed to be promoted from within so they were knowledgeable of the company policies.
Pros
401K; OT paid when worked.
Cons
Job stability; notice for contract end changed
Surge position
All-Source Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDDecember 4, 2017
I am only with the company for 4 months because it is a surge contract. It is overall a great work environment and the transition from my old job to this one was smooth and everyone was very helpful. I would take on another surge mission like this with ABSc.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short term contract
Unprofessional Work Environment
Unknown (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 10, 2017
The work environment was unprofessional and not productive. Many of the other employees were disrespectful and childish. Which was disappointing since most of them were military and much older than me (50's/60's). There is no room for promotions. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into, the pay is not worth dealing with the unprofessional employees and environment.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Unprofessional Work Enviroment
Typical Contract Job
Screener (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
Typical contract work, very well paid, very good hours, but it all comes with a lot of job uncertainty you will find with any contract employment.

Full-time employees do enjoy it a little more.
Pros
Quick work days
Cons
No room for growth
Good people, bad management.
Counterintelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 23, 2017
While the pay and benefits for ABSc are really nice and at competitive levels, they don't outweigh the negative aspects.

In my experience with ABSC, outside of your immediate site lead, management will always put the wants of the client ahead of their employees. Working your butt off and making your government quota consistently? Well, the government thinks that isn't good enough now and modifies the contract so that the quota is now quadrupled, but with no additional contractor positions. ABSC will sign off on that every time, with no regard to how any change is going to affect their employees.

Also, even after it's widely understood that every employee on the contract has at least an hour long commute home, so they'd rather not drink, at least on person in executive level management will get personally offended if you don't attend their Tuesday, after work happy hour. That type of behavior is unprofessional and extremely petty.
Pros
Good benefits and acceptable pay
Cons
Poor management, bad company culture, absolute morale killer
Would not go back
Counterintelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 16, 2017
Everything about the contract was extremely misleading. Even though we were the prime, the subs would always hear information before us. Unfair and unethical salary changes. Employee issue were not important.
Counter Intelligence/Force Protection Screener (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 19, 2017
Good work environment, really caters to employees. Experienced staff and willing to teach and guide careers in the right direction. Leadership is very hands on and responsive.
Sr. Support Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 12, 2017
Free to be your own employee. ABSC allow you the employee to work on or off contract. ABSC will send you to school for educational advance or to class for a certification. ABSC is all about employee retainment.
Pros
Work get togethers, baseball, football, basketball and happy hours
Pay
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJune 29, 2017
The salaries received by ABSc received since employment are unlike any others that I've worked for. Although I'm currently working on a short term contract, management has been a pleasure to work with as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolute Business Solutions Corp. (ABSc). Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about