AbsoluteCARE Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Do not work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2018
AbsoluteCare was the most stressful place I've ever work in my life. The employees are messy and management really doesn't care to do their job. There is no rules in place and if you're not one of their favorites, then forget getting anything that you ask for. If you have an issue with management and take it higher, they will run you out of there. They are no rules in place and some people are allowed to do whatever they want. I would never want to work in this environment again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management, some employees, no structure at all
This place is a JOKE!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2018
Rn's don't leave a job doing case management and come here! the job description is very misleading! The CM manager does not divulge all the aspects of the job, until you are hired! "It's called various other duties." Is what they will tell you! There really is no case management, it is a clinical position. You will be doing triage, giving injections, and possibly doing infusions. This job is like being a new nurse and doing things that a new nurse would do. There is no case management really! You will be sorry that you left a job that maybe you really didn't want to do to come work here, I know I am. I would have rather stayed on my previous job! Tney even have a MA doing case management! That should tell you something!
Pros
Free lunch some days
Cons
Everything else!
Fast paced and fulfilling care model with great growth opportunity
Management (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2018
AbsoluteCARE Medical Center is a great place to work for anyone who doesn’t mind a challenge, genuinely wants to change lives, and is interested in growth opportunities. The patient centered care model allows staff from the front desk, to the nurses, to the providers the opportunity to help change lives. Management and upper management are easy to talk to and always available to hear concerns or suggestions. Health benefits, pay, and PTO are competitive, and they promote within regularly. Advancement opportunities are available, and generous raises are given based of merit.
Pros
Advancement opportunities and fulfilling daily work
Cons
Sometimes hours extend past usual closing
Holistic model of care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2018
Fast paced typical work day. Competitive workplace culture. Innovative model of care. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients, providing patient centered care and having resources to provide the best care.
Changing Lives
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
This a growing healthcare organization that is striving to change the lives of their patients. This job gives a passionate employee the opportunity to work in a diverse and accepting environment that encourages personal and professional growth. As with any position, you will get back what you put into it.

The hardest part of the job is the loss of a patient. Our staff form close relationships with the patients and, due to the nature of the business, sometimes patients are lost. This speaks to the culture of AbsoluteCARE. We are a family and stick by each other.
Pros
Opportunity for growth, culture
Cons
Days can be long
Great Company, with growth
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 22, 2017
I have worked with this company since it opened in Baltimore. I was given the opportunity for growth within the first year, and I have seen the company grow in size as well. The work culture is diverse and clients and employee are a big family. Management has changed a few times, but each time the company has worked through it and I believe this is expected in a New growing company. The work is rewarding and you also have the opportunity to see what your hard work has done to help the clients, and see the growth of the company. Upper management is easy going and easy to communicate with. Overall, work day is productive and rewarding, also a learning experience everyday. I would recommend this job to anyone that is flexible, hard working and has the ability to adapt to changes.
Pros
paid vacation, pay increases, location
Cons
continued employee changes
Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2017
This place had great potential I thought. New ideas, great growth opportunities so I thought. The owners are wonderful and really do want to create a wonderful environment for their clients but the director was horrible. Hopefully this problem is resolved and their company grows
Pros
flexible environment, good coworkers
Cons
unprofessional, attitudinal director
Run if you are an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2017
The company prodominately has medical assistants which the refer to as nurses. They run the building, if there are any issues with a MA they take it to the COO before even allowing the DON to try to rectify the situation. RNs do not have a defined roll and you are responsible for everything even the MAs jobs. Beware of the company. Nurses are very unpaid compared to average pay for an RN in GA.
Pros
Free Lunches by Reps at times
Cons
Micromanagement, constant confusion
Flexible
Front Office/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
If you're looking to move up. This is not the place for you. If you just need a job, then it's okay. Free lunch is provided with pharmaceutical reps. You can work 4-10hr shifts with weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Free lunches/ Work 4-10hr days if you choose
Cons
Short breaks
Job don't care about the employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2017
Will hire if they are short handed and are desperate.
Management acts as if they are better than everyone. Hours aren't guaranteed.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Terrible environment
long term skilled nursing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYJuly 21, 2014
long term skilled nursing facility. very fast paced environment