ABT Associates Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 12, 2019
This company, with the correct supervisors, can be an awesome place to work. It is a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, but this keeps the job interesting. Every day is not the same and that is great for anyone looking for challenges.
Felt like bothering people for money. Not as obnoxious as sales, but troubling in terms of dealing with constant beratement and condesencion.
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 11, 2019
Although I worked for the company three separate times, I'd say it was more out of desperation. The job pays well, but coworkers attitudes about the job itself are poor, and there's a large tendency for people to commiserate. I find it to be damaging in terms of personal character, and it provides no long term satisfaction in terms of a job.
Might only be me
Data Coordinator/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 29, 2019
I'm a legacy employee from SRBI. i haven't had the opportunities my colleagues and peers have had. Tried to get promoted several times, been shot down an equal amount of times. My requests for a raise have been tabled. I think I'm pigeonholed. I want to take on bigger roles and have more engaging work but those ops are not presented to me. Direct management haven been honest to me (as much as they can be without being bluntly demoralizing). Upper senior management is where you'll find deflected responses and unclear replies to the simple inquiries.

A typical day for me is coming in, having coffee, checking my email, and doing whatever work is available for me. In between all of that, I am soliciting senior staff for more work (I am a wage worker, not salaried) and asking them how I can improve myself. At this point its moot but depression has never stopped me from being functional. Anyone working here will need to be acclimated to that.

The culture is pretty non existent. Get work done, don't be disruptive, and you'll get paid. The most difficult thing here would be the pigeonhole I (and hopefully you won't) find myself in. I didn't go to college to just be told I'm not good enough to be anything more than a "cost efficient" option. I'm not striving to enhance my comprehension of everything to simply do monotonous work everyday for a subpar wage.

The most enjoyable part is the new tasks that I receive that challenge me. The tasks that allow me to give some recognizable input into a project. Free coffee is cool also but youll need to bring your own milk.

With that
  more... being said, this is my experience and hopefully the worse that can happen at this company. An outlier at best. YMMV.  less
Pros
free coffee, friendly staff, 5% safe harbor match
Cons
No other benefits unless contracted, focus on billable hours, lack of mentors, bring your own milk, no straight answers on non project related questions from senior staff
Diverse and busy
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 24, 2019
It was a diverse work environment. Guidelines which had to be strictly adhered to. Great team environment. Traveled to different places and knowledgeable supervisor
Pros
Travel
Cons
accomodations
Great company
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 12, 2019
Really a great place to work great work environment and strong management. Offers very flexible hours along with plenty of sick days. Personal growth through this company is very possible.
Pros
Schedule
It's a job.
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 12, 2018
If you need a job, then I do suggest you take it and bear it as much as you possibly can. The one thing you will benefit from is the fact that you can schedule your own days.
Information System Manager and Webmaster
Health Information System Manager & Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 14, 2018
Abt Associates is great place to work. There are great staff members working in International programs including health, education and and other social services around the globe.
Pros
Great
Good
Area Administrator, (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 8, 2018
Professional, socially responsible, good work environment, family friendly. Most enjoyable part of my job was planning and executing events and outings.
easy and slow working environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 6, 2018
Job duties was to make phone calls and conduct research questionnaire. Taking down and recording information. learn about knew questionnaires when needed.
highly recommend this job Friendly, comfortable work environment. Great work schedule, make own hours, bit boring but easy job, obvious favoritism, S
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 22, 2018
Friendly, comfortable work environment. Great work schedule, make own hours, bit boring but easy job, obvious favoritism, Short breaks and lunches.
Pros
make your hours
Cons
favoritism
its ok
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 24, 2018
For a college students working at ABT associates was perfect, but as a person that needs a little more excitement it wasn't the best fit for me. I would recommend this job to college students because it is laid back.
Pros
Liberty of scheduling
Cons
Only afternoon shifts
somewhat productive
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 16, 2018
a very good overall goal for every day, but when it wasn't met it was stressful. working hours weren't the best, it was good being able to work what i wanted.
Please read
Abt Associates (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Abt Associates is somewhere I will never go back ,I got fired for being in the hospital not being able to come too work for at least 4 days . You have to do part time if you are full time it is because you make people stay in the phone. They yell at you for not having a lot of people do surveys even though they think we are spending calling because some of our numbers show up as unknown . I don't recommend no one to work here
Pros
Cons
Alot
Great place to work especially if you want a mix of research and implementation.
Principal Associate, (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2018
Abt is a good employer. The culture is very rigorous in terms of quality of work and that the work should make an impact on people's lives. There is great opportunity for research as well as implementing ideas on the ground in developing countries as well as domestically in the USA>
Good for college students
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 3, 2018
Management was poor, and everyone was very unhelpful. Supervisors were unhappy to be there and often you were met with snide remarks when asking for help.
My review is out of date
Economist / SAS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston Hollow, TNAugust 31, 2018
Mission focused group of smart people who care about making the world a better place using strong analytics and insight. But it's been forever since I was there.
Fun to work at, and relaxed
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 27, 2018
It was an alright place to work ,its very repetitive, every call comes through if person agrees to do the survey its like 10-20 min long some of them so its hard to keep them interested and not hand up through the whole survey.
Pros
Flexible hours, make your own schedule
Cons
If to many people came in to work, and didn't have enough room, they would call a bunch of people off work that day
A great experience
Field Director/Project Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
I was given a great deal of autonomy in completing my assigned tasks. I very much enjoyed the great teamwork of those on my project teams. A typical day at work was the material and administrative support of a staff of 60 temporary field agents.
Pros
Worked with great talented people
Cons
Remote management
Fair place to work.
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WV 25701August 4, 2018
One or two of the supervisors will try to get into your pants, But if you can run the same interview over and over it's not bad money. Basically hires everyone, and has basically no dress code.
Pros
Okay pay, Laid back, hires anyone
Cons
Rapey supervisors, shift cancellations, bad hours, Cliques in the work environment.
Good place to work in but with a few disadvantages
RI (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 1, 2018
At first it was good but after a few weeks they started cutting our hours. Good pay but it gets boring when all you do is stare at a computer without talking to anyone.
Pros
Paid lunch and being able to make your own schedule
Cons
Cutting hours