Abt Inc. Employee Reviews

A Tough but rewarding job
Delivery and Installer (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 15, 2018
I was originally hired to work warehouse while I was back from college but eventually worked my way to full-time after college and moved into a driver installer position driving a class c truck. Pay is good with the overtime, you re day does not end until you complete all your stops which can be late at times.. Wed and Saturdays are days off but some weeks Wednesdays are mandatory but pay is time and a half.
Great Place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 3, 2018
This company knows how to take care of its employees and customers. This job offers competitive hourly pay and you get rewarded as you work for the company longer.
Pros
great pay, discounts
Cons
Best place to buy appliances
Electronic Service (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 27, 2018
Too much focus to give the customer anything they want. Employees never know when/if they will be fired. Very poor management, they are always looking to fine you.
Pros
Nice to purchase products at a discount.
Cons
Poor management. Employee moral is low.
good job for college kids
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 6, 2018
Good company to start your career off at, has lots of benefits and perks,lots of great people work there. Job can be very fast paced and they will let you go if you don't preform to their level
benefits
Cons
security, and management
My time at Abt
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Abt is a great place to work, like every job it has its ups and down, constantly moving employees around to different departments and room for internal growth.
terrible place to work as an installer
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 12, 2018
The company does not care about its driver/installers. We got worked to the bone and many people can no longer perform labor jobs because of this and many of them are under 30 years old. Worked consistently over 14 hours. We were forced to break federal DOT regulations daily in order to maintain our bonuses in a positive amount (which was how we got raises) and were penalized for following these regulations. The owners just wanted to push at product at whatever cost to its employees. I wouldn't recommend working here to my worst enemies.
February 19, 2018

Abt Divers / Installers are the life blood of our organization and to say that Abt does not care about them is simply untrue / not fact-based. What is fact-based is that we have hired over 20 Driver/Installers in the last 2 months, so that we are:
A. Provide the standard of customer service our customers expect and;
B. Reduce OT so that we DO NOT break any DOT regulations.

Bonus payments are based primarily on how our employees contribute to customer retention / satisfaction. Bi-annual increases are based on overall performance with the end result of six figure annual compensation for our top performers. Agreed Abt is not for everyone but works well for those who take pride of their workmanship.

Good pay but it comes with a price
Driver/Appliance Installer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 13, 2018
The good part of this job is that it pays very well and offers raises and bonuses throughout the year.

The bad part of this job is that it takes up much of your free time. You work long hours (up to 16 hours/day). Typical work week is Monday-Saturday (Wednesdays off during the slow season). Management is unorganized/unprofessional. If you have a problem you need to constantly reach out to them until something gets done. There are many times that they send you out to do a job that is not within your skills and will tell you to "figure it out" which leads to a sloppy job and unhappy customers. They do not care for the safety of the employees. They will work you until you brake (literally) which is why there are many injured workers. This seems to be an ongoing problem but nothing is done about it.
January 15, 2018

Agree that we pay well and strongly disagree that we do not care about the safety of our employees. Granted we are busy, but we are never too busy to ensure the safety of our workers as evidenced by our safety training initiatives and dedication of additional resources to this critical area of our business. You should know that we have also hired an additional 20 + drivers/helpers in the last several weeks to meet growing customer demands. To that point, if the reader of this post is looking for a great paying job (or knows others who are also looking ) and for an employer that has been a Tribune Top Work Place in Chicago for the past several years, please visit our employment web page on Indeed or from our web site to apply.

Good friendly place to work
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 30, 2017
there are good days especially when there is help everyone works as a team and always have one goal in common and that is to finish the work day and have everything ready for tomorrow
Hard and well earned career
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 4, 2017
Abt is a great company to work for. It offers competitive compensation and great benefits. They do require you to work mandatory overtime and sometimes to work 6-7 days a week.
This is an excellent company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 28, 2017
My time spent working at ABT was some of the most enjoyable I've ever experienced. Great family, talented employees I truly cant say enough positive things about this employer. If you have the opportunity to work here Take it.
Pros
Name it
Cons
You would have to nit pick
Nice place to work...flexible hours
EDI Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work. Nice people...flexible hours. Long commute for me. Management is fine to work with. Team atmosphere. Great working atmosphere as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long commute
Great place to work, but long hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 1, 2017
Great place to work, but the hours typically go well into the night, making it hard to have a life outside of work. Since it's retail, most people have to work weekends, and everyone works holidays.
Pros
employee discounts, great benefits
Cons
long hours and work holidays
A good retail job.
Apple Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 22, 2017
A good retail job. Pay isn't bad. Culture is okay. Managers are hit or miss. The entirety of the job really depends on what department you end up in. :D
Best place to work
Flexible Hours
Generous discounts
Abt family rocks
Great Co-workers
Comfortable work stations with stand up desks
Pros
Compensation
difficult, but satisfying work
Delivery/Installer (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 14, 2017
A typical day in the life of a delivery driver starts by calling customers with time frames for their particular delivery. After you have loaded all of your necessary parts, accessories, merchandise, and anything else needed for the day you are on the road and begin to go through your delivery schedule. It cannot be put into words all of the lifelong valuable skills you will learn on this job, from customer service, to electric work, carpentry, plumbing, and good old fashioned team work. The days can be long but at the end of it there is a great feel of satisfaction. The skills you learn here will stick with you for life and will only make you a better employee in any future endeavors.
They have a thriving business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILApril 14, 2017
It was fine for a part time job but working their full time was difficult. Co-workers were great but I wasn't a fan of their management.

As a part timer you have a great work/home life balance. They also payed well.

As a full timer it was hard to deal with the culture depending on which department you worked for.
Pros
Great co-workers and great pay.
Cons
They often required very late night hours.
love the company
Accounting Clerk/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILFebruary 23, 2017
hate they moved to Florida or I would still be employed there I was with them for almost 20years everything was just so perfect all my co workers and bosses were the absolute best but I still just really hate that they had to close up and leave the state of Illinois.
Pros
nonthing unlessyou wanna go to florida
April 17, 2017

Wrong company. We have always been in the Chicago area most recently in Glenview at 1200 N Milwaukee for the past decade +.

Appliance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Teamwork is very important at Abt. no lack of overtime for field work. Customer service is one the most important focus points.
Pros
good pay
Cons
401k instaed of pension. No union
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GlenviewJanuary 20, 2017
Awesome place to work. Great environment. Lots of good eye candy. Annoying customers. Some times customer service can be rough. The pay was good but you have to work a set schedule. Not flexible at all.
the best
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
youll love it here. best boss bob abt. you cant go wrong working here great pay and atmosphere. your coworkers and superiors are all nice maybe cause they make so much :)
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
medical benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abt Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Abt Inc. Reviews by Location