ABT Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Driver and Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Abt is a really great place to work. I enjoyed my time there but choose to take a different route. The hours are long yes but the management and pay are both very good. The only down side is the hours. You could have a 9 hour day or a 16 hour day. But overall this place was great.
I love working for ABT
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 31, 2018
Love my Supervisor and hers as well. Don't have a bad thing to say about anyone at the company. You do have to work and work hard . I just wish it was full time all the time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Wasn’t a good fit for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Talent, ORJune 3, 2018
This is not a bad company to work for but it wasn’t the best fit for me and my job aspirations. If you like telemarketing then it may be a good place for you.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Repetitive, in a cubicle
Best experience I ever took in life.
Driver Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
Made great relationships with great vendors. Learned a business I had no idea was even out here. Infound scheduling, dispatching, communicating & confirmating with customers wasn’t so bad.
Pros
Payroll made, satisfied customers
Cons
Business is slow now
Enjoyable and challenging
ABT Certified Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
Training to be an ABT certified teacher was challenging and rewarding. I have brought the methods and curriculum into my teaching and the kids have benefitted from it.
Poor Management
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 1, 2018
At ABT very poor management. To many chiefs. They continue to hire management when they need to hire more individuals to get the work done. Management will not allow you to do your job.
Benefits
Overall good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day for me would be to make sure that the pay pall checks were all in order and in a binder chronologically placed. Also, I would make sure that the back flow test reports were alphabetized and then by date.

I learned the importance of making sure that things are very organized so if a previous customer calls for another back flow test, say the next year, then we have their information on hand and easily accessible.

My boss was the owner of the company, her husband was also part owner. They were both very nice.

The office is an at home office, so it was pretty comfortable.

There wasn't many difficulties in the job.

The most enjoyable part of working was the fact that it was an at home office so there wasn't any need to dress up nice to go into work.
Two Different Entities
Delivery Driver/Installer (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Abt was split into two parts: inside store crew and delivery drivers. Delivery was the heart and soul of that company, but was smothered by the management inside the store. Managerial was good directly, but upper management seemed to have a different agenda. Lack of communication between departments. Unfair bonus system used as a grading scale to withhold raises and fire people. Hours were insanely long amassing 40+ hours in three days, averaging 60+ hours weekly through five day weeks.
Pros
Very good pay and benefits
Cons
frustrating, cut-throat, disoriented
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Talent, ORJune 9, 2017
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Very pushy at pushing you to get sells for HR laws asked you to lie to customers to make the cell promised commission never received a commission liars not very nice to work with
Pros
flexible schedule, good lunch, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Nothingflexible schedule, good lunch, relaxed atmosphere
excellent professional company; great teachers
accompanist (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 14, 2016
I was a substitute pianist; The dancers were great, as was the teaching. The piano was great at Bard college where I played most frequently
Pros
scheduled well in advance
Cons
Fair place to work, needed something more challenging.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Troutman, NCJune 7, 2016
The company seemed to always be short handed in the inside sales department resulting in lost sales. The inside sales team was over worked and stressed out causing them physical concerns that were heart related.I tried numerous times to help relieve their stress factor by offering help out, but was told they could handle it.I enjoyed all my fellow employees as often as I could see them at the plant. told them all they were doing a good job.Telling them one good productive thing at a time was better than multiple non productive things all at once. I felt a strong need for a TEAM effort, but it seemed it was always the outside management team against the inside management team. I always advocated a TEAM effort to make the company more productive!
Pros
Company vehicle with all expenses.
Cons
not enough communication between departments
Friendly environment, very open and everyone's very helpful
Tv installation and helper (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 15, 2015
Any day starts off with loading a truck full of customers merchandise. We then check the route, and do the delivery's. Installing Tv's, microwaves, dishwashers and other electronics and appliances takes some getting used to. But in the long run it is actually fun and you learn allot from just working on those.
The hardest part of the job would be the lifting of the really heavy appliances. But after a time you get used to it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers eyes light up and smiles on their faces when they see all the nice new equipment that they purchased and installed correctly and working right there.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
None so far
challenging and fun
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2014
it is a simple and easy going job. we hand out survey to passengers in LIRR train on the designated route. also count passengers coming in and out of the train car. the management is very easy going. the coworker were fun to work with. the hardest part of the job was the early morning shift. after a while it was alright.
Pros
you work on your availability
Cons
part time
Student
Affiliate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ny, NySeptember 1, 2014
Great Management. Great learning environment. Great place to learn from peers.
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
Interviewing of respondents was conducted on an appointment basis in a clinic setting for one day on a two day a week schedule.Respondents were guided through their activites and given a monetary token for their time and efforts. The Field Interviewers wrote up their time and expenses in a weekly report. These were given to Office Manager.
Pros
One Location for Work Setting
Cons
Various Length of Daily Work
lots of travel
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrayville, GAMarch 26, 2013
although it is a job where you meet people under stressful conditions, the company cares about it's clients and tries to help them. the hardest part is dealing with death . the best part was travelling to different states.
Pros
company pays for meals and rooms on overnight jobs
Cons
no insurance
interesting place
TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2012
Great for college students or retirees or if you're just trying to some extra income.
Pros
cool hours
Cons
low pay
Super zarobki i duzo godzinpracy
Montazysta i serwisant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 12, 2012
Ogólna ocena na 5, zadnych minusów.
Jestem bardzo zadowolony z pracy w tej firmie
Pros
tylko plusy
Cons
zadnych minusów