ACAC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Solid reputable company with great benefits
Lifeguard Team Captain (0 years, 5 months) (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 18, 2018
Overall a positive atmosphere and a clean and safe environment. Grew a lot with the company, and even gained years of management experience through them.
Outdoor water park/pool
Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 19, 2018
On a typical day, I would handle the food/bev orders of around 400 people. At the final ten minutes of the hour, (i.e. 2:50, 3:50, etc.) It was break time in the pool, and a horde of people would gather around the cafe to make their food and beverage requests. So, I quickly learned how to handle multiple orders at once, and how to work on multiple things at once. I also learned sanitation, preparation, patience, and management skills, as I helped train new employees, and oversaw operations when the manager wasn't there.The hardest part of the job was when they would leave me in the cafe by myself, and I took all orders, prepared food, and made all the food for crowds of up to 40 people at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interactions, for I interacted with people of all walks of life. Children from the age of four who were learning the basics of transactions, to the mother of six who needed a whole pizza and several other food items. I really learned how to be an independent worker at this job, and how to handle criticism, praise, scold, or congratulations with a smile.
Pros
Free food, customer interaction, pleasant work environment
Cons
Hard to advance position/pay, poor compensation for work efforts.
Terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 10, 2018
Very difficult to find coverage with few or no breaks during shift. Management was very poor and often had employees how wouldn't show up for their shifts. The customers were always friendly which was my favorite part of the job but over all this was a bad company to work for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no shift coverage, poor management, few breaks, poor salary
First Job Out of Graduate School
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 26, 2017
Trained general fitness clients in a one-on-one environment.
Conducted new member orientations, demonstrating effective use of equipment and training techniques.
Nominated for employee of the year (December 2006) after just 5 months.
Nepotistic Environment, subtle racism
Lifeguard Instructor/Swim Instructor/Pool Operator (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 30, 2017
The Location's GM is cutthroat and nepotistic, as her daughter was given the position as cafe manager. The daughter's roommate is one of the top Manger's on Duty, who hired her boyfriend as another Manager On Duty. Front desk personnel who got their siter hired, no interview, no hiring or screening process. There are Personal trainers whose son and daughter work there in Aquatics, as well as, a member of care team's whose grandson was given a job. These people are generally given room for advancement and room for more compensation. A favorite membership Associates boyfriend works on the P.R.E.P. side as an fitness aide. Last but not least the Aquatic Director's Husband was given the contract to do the current renovations to the new studios. Talk about kickbacks.
Pros
Gym Membership
Cons
Nest of Nepotism
Great coworkers and work environment.
Physician Referred Exercise Program (PREP) (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Enjoy working with people who value an active and healthy lifestyle. Don't have to sit at a desk all day. Get to help and teach people about all aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
Handling lifeguards on duty,make the guest satisfied,make their day memorable, ensure that they are all safe
lifeguard supervisor (Current Employee) –  ras alkhaimahSeptember 14, 2015
EAP,EMS, is an applicable,make sure zero drowning,AED will applicable for unconscious guest or having a cardiac arrest,make sure that all the lifeguard are proactive and all the positions are cover,with a lifeguard. To know what is all about safety make sure that lifeguard are attend training and certified
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
only lunch break
Not Worth It
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VaJune 23, 2015
I was really excited to start this job. I heard nothing but amazing things about this company and the management there. However, the Aquatics Director is very unaware of how to actually manage & run a pool. She was unable to inform me of the EAP which is pretty standard for lifeguards. Later I learned she isn't lifeguard certified which explained that. However, it got worse. She would consistently schedule me for shifts that I told her I could not do. I would avoid working in Aquatics if you want to work in Richmond for this company.
Pros
Free membership if you work 12 hours a week.
Cons
Management doesn't know what they are doing.
Excellent work place with good benefits and room for growth.
Facilities/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 13, 2013
Every day provides great cardio, great members to communicate with, excellent co workers and management. A job well done rarely goes unrecognized, and usually is advertised throughout the company. One of the greatest aspects of working here is the ability to interact with a variety of different members, guests, co workers, and management.
Pros
Free club membership with full time employement.
Cons
Sometimes the volume of members is so high, that it becomes difficult to take a break.
Fun high school/college job
Poolside cafe barista (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 14, 2013
A lot of rude members to deal with; fun co-workers; fun events