Acacia Network Employee Reviews

Shelters in NYC
Case Manager/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 6, 2018
This Company has no communication between the HR departments and their sites. This company has does not know how to treat their employees emotionally or mentally.The most stressful job ive ever held.
Pros
They had the required equipment needed to complete the job
Cons
micromanaging, no break room, time management
Excellent Administration
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2018
Highly pleased with the Director of the facility and surrounding facilities. Although clearly a business, those clients with the right intentions and drive, will adapt with great relations to clinical and administrative personnel. Highly recommend for those looking to establish a relationship with the greater Bronx area.
Pros
Healthcare, educational, selfless staff
Cons
Long Hours
Very poor managment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 14, 2018
Human Rights will be informed of the operation of the call center. Very unprofessional and I fear for future employees. They are very petty and childish. The supervisor caters to a child and instead of creating a professional environment they in fact create tension within that small space. The child there is cut-throat and need to be investigated for multiple of things, HR is not helpful so its time it goes to higher level of care.
Pros
most part if you are Spanish
Cons
If you dont like their favorite, petty complaints begin!
Ok
Peer Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 6, 2018
Not bad to start. Payment should be better, but social services is not a great paying job anyway. Other than that I have no complaints. My director is professional.
Pros
Normal work environment and training
Cons
Salary
A traumatic experience
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 30, 2018
First I believe this agency needs to be investigated by human rights commission for their abuse to staff. The upper management isn’t being properly managed therefore they misappropriatly treat staff with no repercussions because that behavior is acceptable. The queens hotels are a mess and most staff with integrity are leaving. If you’re not in the in crowd you will be forced to resign. You’re yelled at, Belittled and harassed nothing was done.
Pros
Benefits are okay
Do not work here
DBA/Developer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 19, 2018
The company is a front for a mexican gang. It is literally evil and chances are high that everyone who works there is going to end up in jail in the next 2 years.
Poor management no support from human resources
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 16, 2018
Depending on your site you get a different experience. I personally love what I am doing for the clients but staff makes it unbearable. We have case managers who are have no degree whats so ever that are paid more than those who hold a degree or two. Management is so afraid of losing funding from DHS they let these clients "get away with murder"... Upper management contradicts themselves on a regular basis, and allow for their ASSUMPTIONS to cloud their judgment. Gossiping from not only regular employees but upper management as well. An incident can happen at one site and the entire organization will know about it before 24hrs.

Sadly poor management and unfair paid rates cause for this organization to lose its value.

People who work in Human Resources NEVER respond to emails or calls but let them need something from you and you don't respond in a timely manner.

Those that are in higher positions have an issue with respect and boundaries.
unfair treatment of staff
Operations Supervisor / Fire Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2018
promotions are based on who your friends with an not your work ethic or experience. Human Resource never respond to calls or emails. Don't work here. There are way better companies under DHS that treat their staff more respectfully and also are ran more organized and structured.
Cons
everything
It once was a great place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 28, 2018
It once was a great place to work, however I noticed that employees did not stay long due to work being piled up when administration changed. I would have loved to continue working with Acacia however I had like 3 different supervisors and each one had a different agenda and what that did was confuse me.
okay
Entitlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 24, 2018
okay This job is okay Habent been there for abiut 2 years. I wouldn't go back to this job due to the stress that it causes on the body. I have some friends that
No Structure
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
This company would do better if they do what they say and say what they mean.They hire anyone without really screening them and they allow workers to go toe to toe without really getting to the matters at hand. I dont see myself growing with his company.
Pros
make a little money
Cons
everything.
Very unprofessional
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2018
Cons:
Lack of communication
Very unprofessional upper management
Expects the impossible to be done
Constantly being pulled away from your work
Have to share equipment
Pros:
Decent health benefits
fun work place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 12, 2018
evryone from staff to clients were a joy to be around, iwas pleased that when i needed help we worked as a team managers believe in me and wanted the best, always willing to help you learn and grow
The work culture was stressful
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2018
As a Case Manager, I was required to meet with five to eight clients per day. I was also required to document the encounter. I learned that each client was unique in his/her life experiences. I learned hoe to relate with difficult clients in a professional manner.

The workplace culture was stressful; due to having to place clients in private housing in a required time limit. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a client successfully completed his goals.
Pros
On-going training.
Cons
short or no breaks at all; depending on the needs of the clients.
Helping people
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2018
The job is an emotional one but it is beautiful to help people. You meet many different vulnerable cases trying to find home for them and their families and you do all you can to walk them through their success
Challenging
LPN Care Coordinator\El Regreso Mens' Facility (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2018
I am blessed to be a part of Acacia Network. It is an excellent learning place. I want to stay as long as I may. i would like to retire from here if God spares my life. I work with a diverse staff to provide services to a predominantly Latino rehabilitation residence. Although I am Latina, the rich Boricua culture continues to amaze me.
Benefits and pay are awesome. I am content. I pray we continue to grow and advance as a company. As a nurse, I haven't had much interaction with administration however, HR is a phone call away. They answer quickly and address your issues immediately.
Pros
Upward mobility
Cons
you must wait 1 year after arrival
Acacia Network
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 5, 2018
Acacia Network is a good job is just very fast paced. they have alot of benefits and they are very understanding. They have alot of locations as well.
Ok workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2018
Communication between staff should be better. Not too bad a place to work at. A bit stressful when understaffed. Staff is not backed up when needed. Otherwise ok.
Great work place
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  NewMarch 20, 2018
Very prefessional great pay . Understanding considerate Superviosr’s great hours at different locations clean enivorment , paid transportation , strict security
Busy and intense
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens, NyMarch 9, 2018
My job is very intense some times. Being a residential Aide takes a lot of dedication,a lot of passion, and a lot of drive. Working at my jobs gives me the opportunity to be helpful to others and make a difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.