Acacia Network Employee Reviews

I love working for Acacia
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2019
There's room for advancement with positive initiative. Administrative Staff recognizes effort and skills. I've always loved working with the underpriviledge, allowing them autonomy and encouragement toward independance and stability.
Pros
Free trainings
careful
counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2019
Get it in writing, don't rely on promises. The work is rewarding if you can keep ahead of the forever changing and extensive paperwork. Not a comfortable atmosphere. Be prepared to share an office and computer while still being pressured to be productive. Don't expect clients to show up when scheduled and no support from management. So good luck.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no parking
Not Worth It
Management (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I applied for a management position recently. Location was close to my home however, the layout of the shelter was not conducive. The working space for the position was tight and cramp, and dark. The first interview with the prospective supervisor was ok. The writing sample that I had to do was very vague and did not match with the position I was applying for. The writing sample look more like a case manager writing sample.
I went to a second interview at the main office in the Bronx. A man and woman from upper management interviewed me. I waited about 15 mins before I was called in. One of the administrators was eating two cups of oatmeal in my face while interviewing. At one point the same administrator who was eating had asked me a few vague questions which he failed to elaborate further (nor give an example) when I asked. At the end of the interview, the same administration apologize for eating in my face. You would think that the same person would wait after the interview to eat. I was turned off with the experience. Their hiring process is very, very slow. Meanwhile the position that I applied to has been vacant since July 2018!!!!
Runnnnnn
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2019
The work environment is gear to clicks. It is not what you know it is who you know. That is the only way you will advance in this company. They prefer yes men opposed to free thinkers.
Not all its cracked up to be
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Lowest paying shelter job!! No room for growth because the education requirements are insane! Managament sucks. They dont care about you. As long as they are good who cares if you get stuck or cant do a shift. IF YOU ARENT APPLYING FOR A HIGHER UP POSITION SUCH AS PROGRAM DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS MANAGER, DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL SERVICES, DO NOT BOTHER
Productive.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Great place to learn new skills, counsel a variety of issues to a diverse population. Cooperative staff. Hardest part of job is to keep adjusting to styles of work with high turnover of supervisors and not getting credit for hard and timely work.
Pros
Cooperative staff.
Cons
Staff retention
I love the Travel Distance!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2019
While at Acacia Network it's a wonderful place to work and Excellent distance from my home. I walk to work everyday, i enjoy helping the clients and seeing them success in their life.
The company is an excellent organization but the place where I use to work was very bad managment
Case Manager/ Single Man Shelter (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 1, 2019
Why I base my review on is that the job enviroment is very bad due bad management a poor costumer services and lack of supervisor support to the staff
Not willing to assist you
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 27, 2018
I started working here in 2016. It began as an inviting work place where you were encouraged to participate in the meetings and wanted to help the clients get their life back after being vacated from their apartments due to fire or uninhabitable. Now, it has turned into a threatening atmosphere where I had to go to HR due to supervisor getting in my face telling me how much of a man he is
Pros
Do you job and don't socialize with anyone
Cons
Anything you say will be held against you
Great oppurtunity
Case Manager/ Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 26, 2018
As an Acacia employee I worked in the a homeless shelter for about three years. Overall, the company was great to work with, provided proper training for their staff, and cultivated my professional growth in social services.
Pros
Provided great training
Cons
Did not pay enouigh
The organization needs work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 26, 2018
There is no organization or communication. There is no organized training when you start a position. Management and coworkers are extremely nice but more so because they are relieved from their high caseloads. The benefits aren’t that good at all. I thought the benefits would be great but I think it depends on your position. Overall, the organization just needs work and training. No supervision provided as well which I didn’t understand why.
Pros
Great coworkers, helpful
Cons
Organization, communication, benefits, pay
Growth centered, service oriented, organization
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 18, 2018
I enjoy working at Acacia. It has great leadership and they are devoted to the employees in all areas of the agency. Clients feel that they are fairly treated by the workers.
Work/ life balance
Residential aide (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 4, 2018
Acacia has given me a great way to support my family and still have a home life. The job itself is great and fufilling but some of the people I work with are terrible. The job is good but the people make it stressful
Pros
Close to home good pay and benefits
Cons
No breaks and always getting stuck
Great programs- difficult to grow within
Billing/Call Center Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 23, 2018
The agency has grown tremendously unfortunately many are not offered opportunities unless liked by higher ups.
Great workers and their work often go unnoticed
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Politics
Great place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Great Pay. Great vacation package. Love the job there. Great people. Great management. Best paying nonprofit in New York City. You can grow at Acacia network.
Workplace culture
Casa Promesa- Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 23, 2018
I truly believe that although the environment may present a positive environment, it can be misleading. The lack of maintaining professionalism is a bit alarming, including the lack of proper management in knowing how to resolve disputes should be a priority to those in higher positions. What I also found is the lack of proper training manuals or anything to provide a new employee.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of professionalism and training
Productive and Interesting Place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Good place to work. Good people. Good mission and values. Decent salary and very good benefits. Tough commute if not in the city. Parking is also an issue.
Pros
great low cost benefits
Cons
no place to park
Worth the politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Strong room for growth if you can access senior executives, and are able to navigate the internal politics. Bronx location is a challenge for anyone in Queens or Brooklyn, but most have long commutes.
Excellent Latino Organization
Outpatient Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Acacia is an agency that allows for the opportunity to grow and succeed and learn many lessons in the field of counseling. First and foremost you learn to work with a diverse population and people in need. If counseling is what you love to the do. Acacia will afford you the opportunity to learn and grow.
Very Productive
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 2, 2018
Easy face paced and slow paced at times. It was pretty quiet and decent place to work. I worked at a residence with 7 individuals 5 men 2women. I worked overnite so it was kind of slow depending how the day was. everyday was different.
Pros
Paid lunch break even though your never really taking a break.
Cons
didn't have anything that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.