Acacia Network Employee Reviews

Great place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Great Pay. Great vacation package. Love the job there. Great people. Great management. Best paying nonprofit in New York City. You can grow at Acacia network.
Workplace culture
Casa Promesa- Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 23, 2018
I truly believe that although the environment may present a positive environment, it can be misleading. The lack of maintaining professionalism is a bit alarming, including the lack of proper management in knowing how to resolve disputes should be a priority to those in higher positions. What I also found is the lack of proper training manuals or anything to provide a new employee.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of professionalism and training
Productive and Interesting Place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Good place to work. Good people. Good mission and values. Decent salary and very good benefits. Tough commute if not in the city. Parking is also an issue.
Pros
great low cost benefits
Cons
no place to park
Excellent Latino Organization
Outpatient Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Acacia is an agency that allows for the opportunity to grow and succeed and learn many lessons in the field of counseling. First and foremost you learn to work with a diverse population and people in need. If counseling is what you love to the do. Acacia will afford you the opportunity to learn and grow.
Very Productive
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 2, 2018
Easy face paced and slow paced at times. It was pretty quiet and decent place to work. I worked at a residence with 7 individuals 5 men 2women. I worked overnite so it was kind of slow depending how the day was. everyday was different.
Pros
Paid lunch break even though your never really taking a break.
Cons
didn't have anything that I can think of
Great start
Case Manager/ Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYSeptember 1, 2018
At Acacia I worked as a case manager, operations shift supervisor, residential aid, and assisted the housing specialist. My time in Acacia peaked my love in social services and molded me professionally.
Pros
Overtime
Acacia Netwrok
RISK MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2018
Very bust working in Risk Management. Learned critical thinking techniques. VP of Risk Management was the best and most knowledgeable I every worked for. The inconsistency & unattainable setting of goals by management. The most enjoyable was working with then VP of Risk Management who was able to help maneuver through the pitfalls of the culture.
Stressful
Residential Aide Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 16, 2018
Work can be challenging but fulfilling as well. Facilities can be a headache but the job is GREAT!! You work with different people and different families.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a lot of work
Shelters in NYC
Case Manager/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 6, 2018
This Company has no communication between the HR departments and their sites. This company has does not know how to treat their employees emotionally or mentally.The most stressful job ive ever held.
Pros
They had the required equipment needed to complete the job
Cons
micromanaging, no break room, time management
Excellent Administration
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2018
Highly pleased with the Director of the facility and surrounding facilities. Although clearly a business, those clients with the right intentions and drive, will adapt with great relations to clinical and administrative personnel. Highly recommend for those looking to establish a relationship with the greater Bronx area.
Pros
Healthcare, educational, selfless staff
Cons
Long Hours
Very poor managment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 14, 2018
Human Rights will be informed of the operation of the call center. Very unprofessional and I fear for future employees. They are very petty and childish. The supervisor caters to a child and instead of creating a professional environment they in fact create tension within that small space. The child there is cut-throat and need to be investigated for multiple of things, HR is not helpful so its time it goes to higher level of care.
Pros
most part if you are Spanish
Cons
If you dont like their favorite, petty complaints begin!
Ok
Peer Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 6, 2018
Not bad to start. Payment should be better, but social services is not a great paying job anyway. Other than that I have no complaints. My director is professional.
Pros
Normal work environment and training
Cons
Salary
A traumatic experience
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 30, 2018
First I believe this agency needs to be investigated by human rights commission for their abuse to staff. The upper management isn’t being properly managed therefore they misappropriatly treat staff with no repercussions because that behavior is acceptable. The queens hotels are a mess and most staff with integrity are leaving. If you’re not in the in crowd you will be forced to resign. You’re yelled at, Belittled and harassed nothing was done.
Pros
Benefits are okay
Do not work here
DBA/Developer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 19, 2018
The company is a front for a mexican gang. It is literally evil and chances are high that everyone who works there is going to end up in jail in the next 2 years.
Poor management no support from human resources
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 16, 2018
Depending on your site you get a different experience. I personally love what I am doing for the clients but staff makes it unbearable. We have case managers who are have no degree whats so ever that are paid more than those who hold a degree or two. Management is so afraid of losing funding from DHS they let these clients "get away with murder"... Upper management contradicts themselves on a regular basis, and allow for their ASSUMPTIONS to cloud their judgment. Gossiping from not only regular employees but upper management as well. An incident can happen at one site and the entire organization will know about it before 24hrs.

Sadly poor management and unfair paid rates cause for this organization to lose its value.

People who work in Human Resources NEVER respond to emails or calls but let them need something from you and you don't respond in a timely manner.

Those that are in higher positions have an issue with respect and boundaries.
unfair treatment of staff
Operations Supervisor / Fire Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2018
promotions are based on who your friends with an not your work ethic or experience. Human Resource never respond to calls or emails. Don't work here. There are way better companies under DHS that treat their staff more respectfully and also are ran more organized and structured.
Cons
everything
It once was a great place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 28, 2018
It once was a great place to work, however I noticed that employees did not stay long due to work being piled up when administration changed. I would have loved to continue working with Acacia however I had like 3 different supervisors and each one had a different agenda and what that did was confuse me.
okay
Entitlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 24, 2018
okay This job is okay Habent been there for abiut 2 years. I wouldn't go back to this job due to the stress that it causes on the body. I have some friends that
No Structure
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
This company would do better if they do what they say and say what they mean.They hire anyone without really screening them and they allow workers to go toe to toe without really getting to the matters at hand. I dont see myself growing with his company.
Pros
make a little money
Cons
everything.
Very unprofessional
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2018
Cons:
Lack of communication
Very unprofessional upper management
Expects the impossible to be done
Constantly being pulled away from your work
Have to share equipment
Pros:
Decent health benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about