Acacia Network Employee Reviews

Work/ life balance
Residential aide (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 4, 2018
Acacia has given me a great way to support my family and still have a home life. The job itself is great and fufilling but some of the people I work with are terrible. The job is good but the people make it stressful
Pros
Close to home good pay and benefits
Cons
No breaks and always getting stuck
Great programs- difficult to grow within
Billing/Call Center Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 23, 2018
The agency has grown tremendously unfortunately many are not offered opportunities unless liked by higher ups.
Great workers and their work often go unnoticed
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Politics
Great place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Great Pay. Great vacation package. Love the job there. Great people. Great management. Best paying nonprofit in New York City. You can grow at Acacia network.
Workplace culture
Casa Promesa- Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 23, 2018
I truly believe that although the environment may present a positive environment, it can be misleading. The lack of maintaining professionalism is a bit alarming, including the lack of proper management in knowing how to resolve disputes should be a priority to those in higher positions. What I also found is the lack of proper training manuals or anything to provide a new employee.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of professionalism and training
Productive and Interesting Place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Good place to work. Good people. Good mission and values. Decent salary and very good benefits. Tough commute if not in the city. Parking is also an issue.
Pros
great low cost benefits
Cons
no place to park
Worth the politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Strong room for growth if you can access senior executives, and are able to navigate the internal politics. Bronx location is a challenge for anyone in Queens or Brooklyn, but most have long commutes.
Excellent Latino Organization
Outpatient Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Acacia is an agency that allows for the opportunity to grow and succeed and learn many lessons in the field of counseling. First and foremost you learn to work with a diverse population and people in need. If counseling is what you love to the do. Acacia will afford you the opportunity to learn and grow.
Very Productive
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 2, 2018
Easy face paced and slow paced at times. It was pretty quiet and decent place to work. I worked at a residence with 7 individuals 5 men 2women. I worked overnite so it was kind of slow depending how the day was. everyday was different.
Pros
Paid lunch break even though your never really taking a break.
Cons
didn't have anything that I can think of
Great start
Case Manager/ Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYSeptember 1, 2018
At Acacia I worked as a case manager, operations shift supervisor, residential aid, and assisted the housing specialist. My time in Acacia peaked my love in social services and molded me professionally.
Pros
Overtime
Acacia Netwrok
RISK MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2018
Very bust working in Risk Management. Learned critical thinking techniques. VP of Risk Management was the best and most knowledgeable I every worked for. The inconsistency & unattainable setting of goals by management. The most enjoyable was working with then VP of Risk Management who was able to help maneuver through the pitfalls of the culture.
Stressful
Residential Aide Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 16, 2018
Work can be challenging but fulfilling as well. Facilities can be a headache but the job is GREAT!! You work with different people and different families.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a lot of work
Wishing there were more realistic expectations
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 13, 2018
Workload is consistently increasing with limited resources to work with. Told we may lose our jobs as motivation to work harder. Overtime is rarely allowed.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Limited resources, Too much expected in terms of work for the time provided, Not enough computers or other resources to get work done
Shelters in NYC
Case Manager/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 6, 2018
This Company has no communication between the HR departments and their sites. This company has does not know how to treat their employees emotionally or mentally.The most stressful job ive ever held.
Pros
They had the required equipment needed to complete the job
Cons
micromanaging, no break room, time management
Excellent Administration
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2018
Highly pleased with the Director of the facility and surrounding facilities. Although clearly a business, those clients with the right intentions and drive, will adapt with great relations to clinical and administrative personnel. Highly recommend for those looking to establish a relationship with the greater Bronx area.
Pros
Healthcare, educational, selfless staff
Cons
Long Hours
A place to grow with and from
Senior Operations Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2018
This company is very diversified within the Human Services and Medical fields. The challenges make you better at what you do and the rewards are the families, children and lives that you impact.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free trainings, hands on
Cons
If hourly there will be discrepancies with overtime pay
Very poor managment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 14, 2018
Human Rights will be informed of the operation of the call center. Very unprofessional and I fear for future employees. They are very petty and childish. The supervisor caters to a child and instead of creating a professional environment they in fact create tension within that small space. The child there is cut-throat and need to be investigated for multiple of things, HR is not helpful so its time it goes to higher level of care.
Pros
most part if you are Spanish
Cons
If you dont like their favorite, petty complaints begin!
Ok
Peer Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 6, 2018
Not bad to start. Payment should be better, but social services is not a great paying job anyway. Other than that I have no complaints. My director is professional.
Pros
Normal work environment and training
Cons
Salary
Growth and Challenges Galore!
PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2018
This place is very cultured into the hispanic community and working here gives me much pride. The services provided to the clients are the biggest achievements we accomplish in which makes the job rewarding.
A traumatic experience
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 30, 2018
First I believe this agency needs to be investigated by human rights commission for their abuse to staff. The upper management isn’t being properly managed therefore they misappropriatly treat staff with no repercussions because that behavior is acceptable. The queens hotels are a mess and most staff with integrity are leaving. If you’re not in the in crowd you will be forced to resign. You’re yelled at, Belittled and harassed nothing was done.
Pros
Benefits are okay
Do not work here
DBA/Developer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 19, 2018
The company is a front for a mexican gang. It is literally evil and chances are high that everyone who works there is going to end up in jail in the next 2 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acacia Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about