Academic Approach Employee Reviews

Poorly managed/top-heavy with incompetent leadership
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
I've never seen a company of well-educated managers that conduct business so poorly. I spent a lot of time in meetings making mgmnt feel important. Their educational products are only geared to specific and very affluent students with very little awareness of diversity even though they seek contracts through public school districts. Their business practices are questionable at best.
Pros
Kind people in middle management
Cons
Poor organization; inept employees are coddled; terrible customer service
Nice job with Academic Approach
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2018
I enjoy my job with Academic Approach as a proctor. I work 5 hours each Sat. proctoring exams for SAT, ACT, or high school placement tests. The work is stress free and you feel helpful to the students needing support as they take a stressful test.
Work as much as you want
Coach/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
This is a great company for either part-time or full-time work, and you can feel free to take on as much work as you're willing to accept. There's never pressure to take on more than you can, and there are periodic check-in meetings and lots of support if you ask for it. This company shows a constant desire to improve, and is willing to listen to its employees and show them the support they need. If you put the work in, they will show you respect through regular raises and increased opportunities to improve your pay and experience. They also encourage collaboration and growth as an instructor.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, support, training
Cons
Difficult to work enough to get benefits
Already recommended to my friends
Test Prep Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I've never had more job satisfaction. I appreciated all of my students and their parents, and whenever a problem arose (which was rare), my directors always had my back. Everyone in the Chicago office is patient and friendly, and I would recommend this job to anyone who thrives in a cooperative environment.
Fun workplace to a certain extent
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnetka, ILJune 18, 2015
I loved working at this place with the exception of the manager at the Winnetka office. Hours were great, learned a lot, the students were wonderful and the tutors are brilliant. Loved every moment working for them.