Academic Year in America Employee Reviews

4.7Pay & Benefits
4.0Job Security & Advancement
Flexible
LOCAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 26, 2018
If you are looking to make your own hours and are driven, this is a great place to work. Set your own hours and work as much or as little as you need to meet your needs
So enriching!
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
AYA is a great place to be. I work as a current Local Coordinator, and found it's very flexible with my current schedule, and all the other schedules I've had. I can work it into my days, nights, and weekends when applicable. The staff at AYA are great, and I know I can go to them with anything. I definitely need to be on top of my phone calls and emails, along with social media and marketing tactics, but doing so has kept me in the loop (technologically speaking), and more up-to-date. Plus, I got to go to the national meeting which was an absolute blast!!! Being with the students makes it all worth while. I get to learn about the world, help them experience something so unforgettable, so life-changing. Love what I do!!!! Love the students!!
Pros
Collaboration, flexible, fun, enriching.
Great culture and environment to work in.
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 27, 2015
During most of the year I work a traditional 9-5, however during the summer that work day increases to 10 hour days minimum while we focus on placing all exchange students before the school year begins. I have an amazing team of workers that are all very devoted to our mission. The most difficult part of the job is trying to place all of our students in homes during the course of the year, it is not easy to convince someone to take another child into their home and provide for them during the course of the entire school year. I love working with teenagers and learning about different cultures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academic Year in America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3