Academy Fire
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Academy Fire Pay & Benefits reviews

United States26 reviews
Enjoyed my time working for Academy, I just found myself stuck in one position for too long which was expected being that this is a mom and pop shop.
Pros
1hour lunch breaks
Cons
Job location is surrounded by factories
Underpaid and underminded are the only 2 words to start describing working for this place. All I wanted to do was make a career and move up in the company but all I was told were lies of advancing in salary and positions.
Pros
Sometimes had free lunches.
Cons
Horrible Management.
Great environment, Great management, HR is awesome. Paid vacation after a year. Sick and personal time after 90 days. Training is very detailed. You get to travel with the company.
Pros
Free lunch, Free Training. paid vacation, sick and personal days.
Cons
AC never works correctly in the office.
The manager is amazing and I appreciate the opportunity and experience. This position is why I am in school getting my BA in Accounting. Great pay and benefits. Flexible corporation as well.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This place was an excellent work environment with great co workers.The managers were always helpful and cared about their employees. I really felt comfortable and appreciated.
Pros
Appreciated work place
Cons
needs better compensation rates
Meh...a lot of office politics, that's for sure. I stayed in my own little corner honestly and I think that's why I didn't last there. I didn't make friends and I wasn't trying to.

If you need something to hold you over whilst looking for a real job or you're ok with being a dispatcher/telemarketer, I say go for it. It's not a bad job.
Just not something that I personally would want to have done for a long time. (it's pretty boring, too.)
Cons
boring, VERY low pay
As a customer of this company, I am appalled at how unintelligent the staff I have worked with are. Something as simple as finding an attachment in an email is extremely difficult for these guys. I have had to submit the same reports 5 times because this place seems to hire baboons. I don't understand where the malfunction is but these guys are not helpful. I work with multiple 3rd party companies in the field of fire protection and this is by far THE WORST company I have to deal with. Every time I receive an email form these guys, I cringe because I know that it will take weeks of going back and forth until they finally find the reports I have submitted. Then after that, I have to wait another month or so for my company to be paid for the work that we completed.
Pros
Cons
waste of time/not enough compensation for time spent