Academy Mortgage Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at Academy mortgage. Liked the flexible hours and amount of PTO given.
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2019
Work place culture was very good. Nice place to work. The diversity of problems encountered was very enjoyable. Work loads could be overwhelming at times (summers)
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Compensation a bit low
Not a nice pmace to work
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 10, 2019
Owner of the co.pany always puts people down promises raises and does not give them. The work is easy I love what I do. Been doing it for 35 years. Just want to work for a better co.
Cons
Productive with a great environment
Collateral Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2019
Company is great. Great people with great environment. When needing a break, there are places in offices to relieve stress like a basketball court on bottom floor along side other activities. Has a little shop to buy food in the basement, too. Each floor also has a drink section with soda for free. The people are very relaxed and easy to talk to yet everyone is hard working
Pros
Great/understanding people
Cons
Sometimes too relaxed
Great corporation
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 17, 2019
Corporation as a whole was great. Only had trouble with certain branches and their managers. Overall there are great people and opportunity at Academy.
Company on its way down
Compliance Department (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 12, 2019
What started as a great company to work for has gradually been going downhill since starting. There have been continual layoffs (while promising things are great) and executive management has become more and more focused on the bottom line, while at the same time publicly talking about how the company is in such great shape. Lots of great people have been let go, and it seems to be based more on who you know than what you know.
Great company poor management in california
Sr. Underwriter II FHA/VA/CONV (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 12, 2019
My manager was clueless about the business! She knew how to email and delegate and that was the extent of her work! She was unprofessional and lazy and lost when it came to the mortgage industry!
Pros
Solid company
Cons
No on to talk to in confidence about management
Great company
Regional Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2019
THUMBS UP! EMPLOYED ALMOST 10 YEARS.
I would give another 10!!

Amazing culture, Amazing people! A company to grow with!
Academy will invest in you as you invest in them. A company
that gives to their employees and the employees give back to
the community.
Nice place to work
Senior Mortgage Direct Endorsement Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAApril 24, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Academy. Good workplace culture and friendly people. I was allowed to work remote and travel.

Most employees enjoy working there and have been employees for two or more years. I worked for Academy for three years.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Job security
Great Autonomy and People
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 17, 2019
My boss is great and does not micromanage. He allows me the autonomy to decide how to complete my tasks. The best part is the people. I have great relationships with my colleagues.
Operations
Home Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2019
Poor management. Company has no loyalty, no severance. Their benefits are expensive, 401K match is sub par. Would stay as far away from this company!!
Part time position
Processor 1 / Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 1, 2019
This company didn't have enough business to keep me as a part-time employee. I did learn a lot from my loan officer. She was great and was too eager to teach me everything in the small time I was there.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lack of business
Temp job for me
Bilingual Receptionist, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2019
The fellow I assisted in the office was very kind. It was a good business doing good work. It prepared me to buy my own house. I felt good about the place of business.
Pros
kind supervisor
Cons
temp work
Fun workplace
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 22, 2019
Great place to work. Fast paced work environment. Great learning opportunities. Opportunities to advance in job position. Fun work environment. Good benefits.
Work at Academy Mortgage
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 21, 2019
I was the fill in receptionist for the regular receptionist so I opened the office by 8:00 a.m. I made sure that the copier was full of paper, I made sure there was coffee made in the break room and that the soda was stocked in the fridge in the break room, I answered the phone and transferred calls to the right person, I greeted people who came in to the office. When packages or paperwork was delivered to the office I made sure it got taken to the right employee working there. Then I made sure the closing duties were done by 5:00 p.m.
Pros
Free coffee, soda, or water to drink during your shift.
Cons
I only worked once every so often when ever their receptionist wanted time off from work.
Mortgage Closer
CLOSER/DOC DRAWING/FUNDING (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 7, 2019
Great Place to work. Amazing Co-workers. Workplace culture was fun. Leadership was amazing. Great company to work for and fun environment for new employees.
Academy is a company in transition
Underwriting Manager, District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 6, 2019
Academy as a company is sound, its ideals are very high-minded and its executive team appears to care about what they are doing. Most employees are handled at a regional level by fairly autonomous regional managers and the culture and adherence to the company ideals varies widely by region.
Pros
Good people, solid corporate ethos
Cons
Arbitrary local management decisions, no input from regional employees
California
Closer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 4, 2019
The Company as a whole is amazing and I would recommend to anyone. I loved working for such an amazing company. Then all of a sudden Loan Officers started leaving which meant operations slowed down. Soon after employees start being let go. then branches started closing. Before you knew it you were part of the next round of lay offs. Sad to leave such an awesome company.
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 1, 2019
Great company that has potential just was laid off since the work has decreased. The company is very family oriented. I have learned many administrative skils that will be able to be used for the future.
was my favorite place to work until new Mgr was brought in.....
Credit Policy (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 29, 2019
I worked for this company for 4 years, best experience i have had in the work force until new management was hired..
The new manager was rude, belittled the employees and bullied them. The entire experience was horrible.
The team was afraid for their job every day, the overall environment was totally changed once this manager took over managing our department.
My favorite job of all time turned into the worst place to work in 2 months. This manager is still there treating people horribly.
Job Culture was wonderful!
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed the relationships I built here and the work was rewarding. The constant changes to internal structure provided some anxiety as far as job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight