Academy Mortgage Employee Reviews

sweatshop
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
Management is very sales driven and the operations side is over worked and under appreciated. Work ethic is poor; people are not held accountable; working harder instead of smarter is the consensus.
I enjoy working here to a point
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 31, 2018
It fast paced and has its ups and downs. There are a lot of career opportunities here. Good benefits, decent pay. I cant complain too munch. On a scale of 1-10 of my personal experience so far, I would say 4.
run away
Employee (Former Employee) –  somewhere below earth crustJuly 13, 2018
I really have no words, look down do your job, stay away from all, I have never worked in such an intense environment, would never recommend, please keep in mind, double hockey stick land
Pros
lots of food
Cons
everything else
Academy is a great company with an amazing purpose.
Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 28, 2018
I love everything academy stands for. It’s a great company that truly cares for its people and does what’s best for them. Academy is a company driven by service and that is awesome to me.
Pros
Great management, many opportunities, caring
Great Place to Work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 19, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed all of the opportunities and networking this job produced. I am very thankful I was able to work here. I was introduced to many people in the industry.
Pros
Travel, good company, positive environment
Good employment/Company
Confidential (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 18, 2018
Academy had a common sense approach to looking at residential mortgage loans. There is a work/life balance and other good benefits. The only downside was direct operation manager was not supportive on the operations side and really did not have the necessary knowledge required to accurately do the job.
Work
Processor 3 (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 12, 2018
I was there for a long time and for the Manager not look me in the face when I was let go and not say a word when I worked for him directly hurt, considered all of them to be just like family
remote UW
Lead Underwriter (III), Credit Authority (Former Employee) –  temecula CAJune 8, 2018
given assignments daily, turn times reasonable; flexible work schedule, phone communications stressed, relaxed environment and team work stressed and help out attitude
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
production flunctuations
Great company with lots of Perks
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 7, 2018
Management at the local branch at the time I was employed was inconsistent. Work was steady, often too much. No one to turn to for support. Overall, this is a great company and some of the individuals that contributed to the problem are now gone. I would work here again.
Good Culture relxed enviornment
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 7, 2018
Great people, good culture, you must be self motivated to succeed per you are your own business as an LO. Which means you are out of luck in pay if you don't get your own business. Tends to keep employees who don't fit the culture but bring in the big bucks which is not good for moral but good for the company. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
expensive benefits, few bad apples who dont fit culture
Great Place to Work While it Lasts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 28, 2018
Great place to work until it comes time to cut the budget. The goal of Academy is to determine how few people they can keep around for the lowest hourly wage. There is a continual revolving door.
Pros
gym
Nice place to work
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZApril 26, 2018
I learned a lot about how the industry works. I was able to complete the schooling needed to become licensed. They do not pay for your license renewals. People are mostly helpful. I feel that if I had gone on to be a full LO instead of staying at the LOA position I may still have a job.
Pros
Free lunch and learns
Cons
pay and benefits could be better
The Team
Sr. Loan Officer NMLS (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 23, 2018
We all strive to meet or beat our clients expectations and we all work together as a team to get it done! Cool technology helps stay in touch with past clients and referral partners.
Excellent
Sr Underwriter - DE/CHUMS, VA and Conventional UW (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2018
Great training and was able to obtain my DE/CHUMS within 60 days of employment. I enjoyed my job and management was always eager to assist when needed.
Pros
Own offices
Cons
Broken promises
You could reach out to anyone in the company for any assistance if needed; very kind and professional
Processing Co=ordinator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 16, 2018
Company was very good. Due to the industry there were some layoffs that took place. The office I worked at was small - very tight group and all dedicated to do business and overwhelm clients
Pros
Dedicated to go over and beyond
Cons
Very small office
Good place but needs better management
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 10, 2018
Academy mortgage was a great building block for trying to advance my career in home mortgages. The biggest issue facing the company was some of the people they had in charge. Made it difficult to stay on board.
Closer/ Loan Funder
Loan Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 30, 2018
Great place to work, they created a job for me, just wish they would have found a way to make it work and I could have continued to work with this great group of people. After 28 years in Mortgage Banking it was time to retire.
Pros
Great Group of People
Cons
n/a
Enjoyed working for the company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. Great atmosphere. Pay wasn't so great. Well informed about changing procedures or updates. Managers should focus on their managing employees as a whole and not micromanage as well as insure there assisting managers are honest and not play favorites.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
There is not workplace privacy between employee and managers
Fun
Producing Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 11, 2018
Academy Mortgage Corporation is a great place to work. They are a local financial company base in Draper, Utah. It is a great place to work and has grown so much.
Overall great company with a few problems
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 7, 2018
Overall Academy is a great company to work for. As a loan officer, I didn't feel I had much support from the management, but I enjoyed those I worked with, and had competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight