Academy Mortgage Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 1, 2019
Great company that has potential just was laid off since the work has decreased. The company is very family oriented. I have learned many administrative skils that will be able to be used for the future.
was my favorite place to work until new Mgr was brought in.....
Credit Policy (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 29, 2019
I worked for this company for 4 years, best experience i have had in the work force until new management was hired..
The new manager was rude, belittled the employees and bullied them. The entire experience was horrible.
The team was afraid for their job every day, the overall environment was totally changed once this manager took over managing our department.
My favorite job of all time turned into the worst place to work in 2 months. This manager is still there treating people horribly.
Job Culture was wonderful!
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed the relationships I built here and the work was rewarding. The constant changes to internal structure provided some anxiety as far as job security.
Work Environment
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 21, 2019
The teams and general work force was very good to work with. I enjoyed working with my teams and others. The challenge was with the C level leadership and lack of true focus and vision.
Each branch has it's own culture. I lucked out with mine.
Producing Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2019
My experience was with a team that was young, driven, and obsessed with the success of the team. The culture was amazing.

Attention and merit was given to the best idea in the room regardless of who came up with it. Credit was given where credit was due. When you made a meaningful contribution, you could count on being recognized and respected for it by your peers (extremely motivating).

People put in crazy hours at times but it made that branch so incredibly dependable. It was easy to brag to real estate agents and potential clients about how we come through on the impossible every week.

Not every branch was like this where members of a team constantly prop each other up. Some were known to directly undermine their subordinates. All that to say, its important to do your research on a local level.

I can only truly speak for my experience and though I eventually burned out and needed to step away from the team, it was an absolutely positive and life-changing experience.
Pros
Leadership, team support, driven culture, pride in quality of work
Cons
Work life Balance
Good group of management and employment interactions.
Conventional, FHA, VA - Underwriter 3 (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 14, 2019
The office I worked in was small when I first started but the growth of the company was ongoing and the production volume was increasing due to the influx of Loan Originators, Underwriting and Processing staff. This employer was very supportive of its' employee base and offered strong training of company policies as well as the importance of hiring quality personnel in the field of Mortgage Lending. Consistent testing required to be done to keep each field abreast of government and conventional lending policies, procedures and changes were met.
Pros
In house lunches for all, paid time off, management open door policy
Cons
Computer programs navigation time consuming, repetitive in data input requirements, Mgmt/employee preferential treatment, cliques.
Productive & fun work environment
Quality Assurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 27, 2018
Loved working for Academy Mortgage. They care for their employees and it's a stress free work environment. Love their mission to give back to the community.
Be wary of favoratism
Corporate/Field/Onboarding Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 23, 2018
Great place to work but the woman can be caddy and click-ish. Be wary of favoritism and if you aren't friends with the right group, you aren't going to go far.
Pros
Good facilities, fair pay
Cons
You have to fit in to a sub-culture to get ahead.
Comfortable Place to work
Condition Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was very laid back and the direct managers really cared about their employees. Great place to work, I would recommend it.
excellent company
SENIOR MORTGAGE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 16, 2018
industry leader, senior management is on point. focus on purchase business helps our employees. Very happy with this company over the past 10 years. adsgaoiujasdlflasdjfkljasdf;lkjasd;ifoasdlfnlanf;oasdjifaisdfoasdlfnas;ldkfna;lsdkfa;osidjfoasidjfals;dfnalsdkfnasdfasdfasdf
Pros
training
Cons
I was very happy working at Academy Mortgage.
Processor-Setup (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 26, 2018
I was very happy working at Academy Mortgage.
Honestly, this is one of the only jobs that I have had, where I looked forward to going into work on Mon.
Pros
just a over all good company
Cons
the only con I had was it was a long commute for me.. 45 min or more
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, azNovember 7, 2018
Enjoy working there very much relaxing environmental and liked management the hours were good and the location was good the pay was very good and the people I work with were as well
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress
Loved the culture and working remote
Sr. DE- LAPP/SAR Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 2, 2018
My manager was the greatest! Unfortunately was laid off . Working from home definitely made the life work balance more enjoyable. I'd go back in an instant if given the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedule and worked remotely
Cons
Over staffed therefor I was laid off
Disconnect between management and employees
Mortgage Closer III (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 23, 2018
Unable to find support to facilitate my job. Upper management is disconnected from actual work in the field so there is little to affect change to support the field staff. Immediate manager was very supportive and did her best to support the team but she had no voice in making any affective changes in the policies or procedures.
Pros
Working remote
Cons
High stress, little support from management
Academy
Manager, Loan Servicing and Renovation Draws (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 18, 2018
Academy is a great company that focuses on providing the best services for its customers.
The company works hard to balance the work / home life balance.
Incredible people, stressful work load
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 15, 2018
My coworkers were awesome, but the workload could be extremely challenging, The time deadlines were hard to meet due to the workload and not enough processors.
Not a good place to work.
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 11, 2018
Management had unrealistic expectations of what they wanted from its staff and the amount that they were willing to pay. They promoted individuals that were new and had no experience while those of us that were there and were loyal never got promoted. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Amazing Atmosphere
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 6, 2018
Everyone is willing to help you. Great benefits. Best company I have worked at in my career. You feel like you matter and not just another employee. Amazing employee recognition
Pros
Help PTO Benefits good pay
Cons
Hard to transfer into a different department
Major Lender good place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 26, 2018
Academy Mortgage was a good place to work, plenty of loan programs. Managment was hands on. Loan processors were not trained properly or had little experience.
Pros
Lots of loan programs
Cons
issues with loan processors
Ok
Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 25, 2018
Good employer for a long time but in last 2 years there has been management changes which has lead to stressful environment. Pushed to do so many loans per month - quanity over quality.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight