Acadia Healthcare

United States476 reviews

patientfacilitytreatmentaddictiondirectormentalbehavioralcounselor

Amazing work place

Featured review

Acadia Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work. So rewarding helping folks out of the opioid crisis & return to normal Great opportunity for advancement!Great hours for nurses!

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly & helpful to one another

Cons

None.

Fast paced environment

Face pace area of work. Dose as much as you can while accommodating the needs of patients as much as possible. Tiny work room so there isn’t much places to hide or get a break from co workers who were more interested in gossiping. Great management. Early hours.

Acadia Healthcare insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Horrible Communication

Very disorganized, lacking in communication within departments and between departments. No processes for tasks each employee does things their way. Things fall through the cracks lots of clicks between employees. Always cya. Trust no one. Always understaffed and this place is filthy all the management cares about is making money treat patients horribly.

Rewarding results when I see patients recover and make changes they want to make

The focus is on our patients. All stuff treat everyone with respect and honor. I’ve promoted a culture of joy among the employees and they pass the joy to our patients. Just today I witnessed an employee quickly quiet & calm a pt who miss understood something she said. The employee wrote some contact phone numbers on a card for the assistance the patient was needing & gave it to the patient. Patient was relieved and happy when the patient left the offices. This kind of flexibility and care for others is spreading & others are coming to this clinic for help with their opiate use disorders.

Love working here

I really enjoy working here. My career fills amazing and I like working with these patients and staff here. I hope to continue to work with this company for years into the future. I am thrilled to be a part of this team and environment.

Pros

Spacious office, Clean restrooms, good pay

Cons

Questionable hours of work and operation

Productivity

Productive and engaging workplace but numbers based results are becoming the norm. This Job and schedule allows for a strong work home life balance.

Facility CEO

Supportive corporate office, performance based, and helpful when needed. Corporate CEO is looking to make cultural change and bring the company up to speed with technology. Communication is excellent, and I feel valued in the work I am doing. I have the freedom to direct my facility as needed and have been encouraged to create a culture of performance.

Pros

Performance driven, willing to invest appropriately

Cons

Orienting to systems one will need to navigate would be helpful

Most selfish company

Acadia only cares about numbers and money. How many patients they can get admitted. They don’t allow us to block rooms or make patients a 1:1 cause it affects their numbers and staffing. They could care less about patient and staff safety. They don’t have staff to even do the groups patients insurance are paying for. I’ve never worked in a more poorly ran psych hospital than Acadia.

Dynamic Work Environment with Fun, Team Orientated Co-Workers

I truly enjoy coming to work each day and appreciate the culture, teamwork environment, and have fun with my coworkers. The dynamic and purpose driven atmosphere allows us to make sure we keep focused on our mission, vision, and principles.

They are improving rewards programs, more PTO, Hybrid work

A large company with a smaller company feel. In some areas, this can be detrimental but in the last 2 years concerted effort to increase quality/skill set of staff, pay more dollars/benefits/matching 401K, revamping compensation to attract new people, focus on retention.

Pros

Monthly town halls, birthday parties, chilli cook-off

Cons

like some large companies, takes some time to implement changes

Supportive Team with Opportunity for Growth

I've worked in behavioral health for many years, and Acadia is by far the best company I have worked for in my time. I am supported, valued, and am given lots of opportunity for professional growth.

Pros

Supportive management teams.

Cons

High stress

Short staffed and underpaid

What’s bad is this hospital has the potential to be a awesome place to work but is far from. The turnover rate is crucial primarily because the pay is so low compared to other hospitals resulting in no retainer and short staffing. Basically you pay for what you get. If the pay was increased like everywhere else, the retainer would be better as well as the work ethic. When a big company pays their staff peanuts but pay non staff agency triple more what do they expect. You cant pay nurse whom shed blood and tears attending nursing school the same pay as Hobby Lobby and expect to keep staff and consistency. As well as nobody is on the same page at this hospital. When there are way bigger problems in your hospital, the color of uniform should be the least of worries. Requiring staff to buy new uniforms and not providing a uniform allowance on peanut pay when a name tag is suffice. This hospital should be happy when their staff shows up for work. Or just continue to pay agency triple the staff pay to run it.

Awful

Awful from top to bottom. Management is clueless and treat employees unfairly. Just a terrible place to work overall. No room for error if you mess up it’s a reflection of you. Training is terrible. You are thrown to the wolves immediately

Inept "leadership"

A mass exodus of great staff, the employees that stay behind get promoted due to no one being else there to fill the role, causing a lot of stress. No EHR system, they order staff around and everyone is continually asked to "help" and "cover" for other poorly trained/incompotent staff. The hospital is very unsafe for patients and staff as is the Connections in Bellevue, WA location. Patients who are inappropriate for the program are sent there to be in a corporate building with no security and maybe 2 staff on any given day with 10 patients on average of vairying acuity for PHP and IOP. Stay away!!!! There are many other options available where you will be treated much better.

Overall pretty good place to work

Acadia is under a new CEO who is starting to actually listen to the employees. I have had pretty good management for the most part, some who should not be there but that is with any company. Good work/life balance, hybrid, decent compensation, and room for advancement.

Pros

Hybrid, flex schedule, always busy

Cons

Not remote, not always in touch with the office culture

Fairly friendly environment

Your hard work could be appreciated more. Plenty of work here. The pay is fair. I like the fact that they have good benefits, which is hard to achieve with the economy. It could be cleaner but is hard to do when people don’t want to work anymore.

Low pay.

The pay is low. As a counselor my goal was to focus on patients recovery. But I had the role of front desk, counselor, security guard. With no change in pay. Mentally draining. Company is more focused on money than patient care

I have an Arcadia employee in the past in another state I like it here my drive is a distance but I like my co workers and most of patients are good

I like me Arcadia Health System it the upper that can not dispense But my direct Manager was great Our pharmacist both was AWESOME and extremely helpful

Pros

Relaxed place to work but you must follow the protocol due to the kind of work!

Cons

no lunch break most days due to staffing

Management was interested in my personal growth and well being

Great place to grow and thrive, 2 years and counting still employed and shall continue to stay ay Acadia........... my co workers were great, i enjoyed helping people stay sober and watch them grow, supervisors were supportive and caring

Pros

Free food

Cons

Heavy case load

Productive and fun place to work

I absolutely love my job. I am serving my own recovery community and able to reach people who need a lot of help. I feel safe and valued at work. I do wish there were more growth opportunities but it is limited if you do not have a degree. It is fast paced but completely doable. Work life balance is amazing there are boundaries in place through the company to support that. Flexibility and PTO when something comes up. Clear expectations and great leadership.

Teamwork and Feeling of Belonging

Since coming to Acadia I have felt a part of the overall team from day one. Many places talk about teamwork but Acadia truly does go above and beyond making employees feel like they belong and our voice and opinions are heard at all levels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight