Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Interesting to every day I feel a sense of achievement and purpose.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 29, 2018
This is a great company to work for considering it has a significant amount of options for career growth, as well as giving as a humanitarian or civil servant. Great staff to upper management across the corporate ladder.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement as very broad network of locations.
Cons
Company has it's pros and cons just like any other.
Absolutely fabulous and rewarding place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 21, 2018
I would be happy to work here until I retire. I’m compensated very well for my position, & love the fast paced environment. The work environment is awesome, and I have a work family I enjoy. There are endless opportunities to learn more about whatever your job is or what your interests are. If you are a director of your department, ACADIA provides annual conferences where the other Directors, nationwide, meet, network, collaborate, and learn. In addition to vacation and sick time, the company gives you personal days off. I have medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance that I supplement for additional coverage (that I can take with me if I leave!), life insurance for my spouse, and 401(k). Promoting from within has been the priority, and they really invest in their employees. The Risk Management program implemented at each location far exceeds any other company I’ve seen.
Pros
Work atmosphere and endless learning and growth opportunities
Cons
Vacation accrual cap is 160 hours
Great co-workers, poor pay
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 92011November 18, 2018
Monthly billing cycle. Less work early in each month, stressful last 10 days of each month. A lot of management and co-worker turnover. Slight chance to advance and grow
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
1 healthcare choice
I read a lot of negative things about this company and I have to say that's unfortunate.....
Substance Abuse Counselor II (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 13, 2018
I have been with Acadia/ CRC for 5 years and I loved it. It is fast paced and client centered. It is completely what this particular clinic wanted it to be. We decided together as a team that we were tired of chasing the patient's around and held them accountable. WOW what a concept. They are learning something about recovery, and health, and self-esteem while on their way to a healthier way of life. Instead of pouting like children we did something about it. Of course it's about numbers, but that's our responsibility not the patient's, they should not even know about that. It's the Counselors job to Motivate the Patient's to rise up to any amount of progress to help them feel that they can do this, and they can. EVERY PROGRAM IS CREATED FOR SUCCESS IN MIND. That means this is treatment. They do complete the program and go on to lead productive clean lives, a lot of them. I love this clinic and I have loved watching the patient's evolve and the clinic evolve itself and I have been proud to be a part of it.
Pros
Team work ethics, patient's dedication, patient and counselor collaboration
Cons
Not enough compassion with newer patients when they aren't on time or miss dose.
Stressful working environment too much emphasis and pressure on financials
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, White Deer Run, Allenwood (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 13, 2018
I did not enjoy working at Acadia. The main goal is dollars. They micromanage and the culture is fear based. They are more concerned about market share and profits than their employees. Cutthroat management
Pros
Pay
Cons
Greed, fear based management style, cutthroat management
Can be difficult to work there but overall a good experience.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 5, 2018
I worked at Wilmington Treatment Center, one of many of Acadia’s mental health and substance abuse facilities. The facility was experiencing some serious growing pains while I was employed there. I witnessed 4 department heads be let go. I watched the Regional VP step back into the CEO role, I watched a new unit be built. Lots and lots of change. As long as you are flexible and open minded it’s possible to roll with the punches. It is highly competitive and gossip can be a problem but I’ve encountered that in every single job I’ve worked. I learned a lot while there and was the opportunity to advance is there if you have what it takes.
Pros
Opportunity for advance, ability to help others
Cons
Poor compensation and benefits, regular changes in leadership
Don’t do it
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2018
I was the 4th HR Manager in a matter of 6 months. Little to no training, they were in shambles when I arrived and they still are.

They are under new leadership, but I would never recommend anyone work here. They are a joke
Very fast paced environment, great co workers
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaver WVOctober 22, 2018
I loved my job, my coworkers, my last clinical director was wonderful and I will never be able to find words to describe the amazing counseling team and nurses I encountered while I worked there. The pay was terrible, it's actually about 6-7 thousand dollars less annually then what lpns make in the Beckley area according to the labor board, especially considering our patient load. That has alot to do with the constant turn over of staff. I didn't leave over the pay. I left for other reasons and I have considered going back honestly. I think the work done there is important. The issue is not management, it's corporate. They don't see patients or staff. To them it's about business. Somewhere along the way I think they have forgotten that without their patients and staff they have no business.
Pros
It truly is a team among the coworkers.
Cons
Low pay, constantly short staffec because of that and corporate is unaware of how to treat staff.
Great place and some of my favorite co workers!
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2018
Great experience! Loved my manager and my co workers. Unfortunately they are closing my office and we are all being laid off. I am really sad to leave everyone.
Stress free work environment
LVN DISPENSING NURSE (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 11, 2018
Great coworkers. Management is flexible with time off requests. Work pay rate is lower than other companies. Blood draw work experience on a daily basis. Patience are easy to work with.
Pros
Cons
Pay rate

Want to know more about Acadia Healthcare?

Ask a question
Dont do it!!!
Intake Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
I was at Acadia for almost a year. It was a rough start and a even worse end. Their management is a joke. They all talk about each other to reps and then about the reps to each other. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE WORKED FOR. They like to try to make you feel like you are making a difference when really they do not care about their clients. They are not consistent, they dance around questions, the training is like one day.. and then you are thrown out to the wolves. Most people go into this position thinking its a counseling position, I am here to tell you ITS NOT. This is a SHORT STAFFED call center, that had a turn over rate of 117% last year. This place is like high school, management has no common sense, and they walk around like they are better then you. Acadia thrive's off of desperation, meaning they hire people desperate for a check, and thats why their turn over rate is so high. If you have any self worth, don't waste your time. They belittle you, and try to make you feel like you are over reacting about things that should NOT happen in the work place. They micromanage people they don't like while favorites are allowed to do whatever they want.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
micromanaging, terrible management, drama, no consistency, no training, very short staffed.
Eh
Intake Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
Management could use better training. They gossip alot and there's alot of favoritism there. Need better training. Have a very high turn over rate. Christmas bonus is a plus
Cons
Healthcare and overtime
Unorganized
Clinical Department (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 4, 2018
This company is all over the place. Poor upper management, incredibly poor pay for the work that is expected. There are no contingency plans for when an employee leaves the company. Another employee(usually a manager) is expected to pick up the slack and do two or more full time jobs. Never enough staff and the hiring process takes so long that potential employees find other jobs. There is no real training when you start and you’re thrown in and expected to figure things out on your own. The staff gossips about one another all the time and each department is their own island and don’t trust their co-workers. Staff will talk about other staff and even clients in the presence of clients, thus breaching confidentiality. Lack of full time director for over a year. All about filling the beds and getting commercial insurance clients into treatment even when they’re not an appropriate fit for that specific treatment campus.
Pros
Working with clients who need help, seeing them come back to visit and still be clean and sober
Cons
Poor pay, lack of communication, lack of professionalism, poor upper management, not enough staff, constant stress
If you like micromanagement this this is for tou
In-take Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2018
The job overall was enjoyable but they are too strict with simple things and the calls are too back to back. They let some people get away with anything they want and treat others like step children. I suspect racism here and managers who like to simply be douchbags.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Short breaks and micro management
Great advancement opportunities, amazing boss, supportive upper management
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  WISeptember 26, 2018
Great advancement opportunities, amazing boss, supportive upper management. Company cares about investing back in structure and their employees. Flexible schedule. Best part is my team and helping patients improve their lives!
Pros
Salary
Collaborative Team Approach
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 26, 2018
I really appreciate working here at the Madison West clinic and I feel like it’s a clinic headed in the right direction. Very patient centered and newly remodeled clinic with a collaborative team.
Pros
Collaborative, hard working team, patient centered
Horrible place
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 21, 2018
Upper management make changes and don't think about how it would impact the people on the floor. There is retaliation when complaining about employee/patient safety. Unqualified people doing payroll so something is always wrong. Takes forever for people to start once hired. No proper training.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor management and low pay
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Corporate makes demands but doesn't acknowledge that it doesn't trickle down to counselors. Expectations are high but there is not enough time to complete everything. Very HIGH turnover rate. Poor management who doesn't look out for their employees. Employees are not valued for the work that is expected.
Run
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PASeptember 18, 2018
The burnout at Acadia is pervasive across the country. Staff is poorly trained and there is no support by management. Compensation and benefits are at the lowest possible rate. You would be better off working at a fast food restaurant.

It's 2018, and our facility does not use electronic records! The corporation makes a lot of money for the shareholders and upper management. It is not shared with staff and patients. Our facility ran out of food several times a week. We were not even given mileage reimbursement for traveling to orientation or training.
Cons
compensation, benefits, lack of support, poor management, unethical
Paperwork is overwhelming
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTSeptember 17, 2018
It is a high stress job without a lot of perks. I do not have time for lunch or breaks. More paperwork than can be done in a week. Not many positive feedback moments..
Cons
Not much encouragement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight