Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Intake Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2019
Bad management bad trainer bad training call volume completely crazy and the amount of work expected to be done in 1 day is unrealistic. You get suicide calls and are not trained in handling those situations.
Great hours, great schedule.
DISPENSING LVN (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 20, 2019
Great office style of nursing. Opportunity to improve skills as a nurse with a difficult population of patients. Strong team work oriented. Customer service skills worked on frequently.
Good.
Substance Use Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WAMay 13, 2019
High caseloads and work demand. Pays well and has a good culture of supporting staff. Self care is important to supervisors and helps staff meet the high demands of the job.
Pros
Cons
Lots of work.
Great place to work!!
Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 29, 2019
Pleasant atmosphere to work in. Supportive team environment.
Very busy job but hard work is recognized. Opportunity for advancement. Management often provides fun team building activities. A great place to learn and grow!
Pros
lots of experienced support, caring management, free lunches
Cons
low 401K match
Terrible! Zero stars!
Behavioral associate (Former Employee) –  Allenwood, PAApril 26, 2019
Working under Acadia is nothing but a s*** show! As staff you have to pay for everything, you can’t advance your career with out them holding something over your head. Staff is in romantically involved relations with other staff. If you aren’t up someone’s a**, they constantly pick to the point where you just wanna give up. You are unappreciated and talked about constantly. They do NOT follow their own regulations. It’s a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE company to work for.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Ceo, directors, supervisors... staff and management
Decent
Admissions Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 22, 2019
Pacific Grove has had its ups and downs due to changes of CEO. The job pays well, their work system is still developing, so their is room for new ambitious people who want to grow here. The benefits are not quite there yet so not a place for you to retire at.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor benefits
High stress and poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 18, 2019
Management does not respect employees. Over-worked and under-paid. You end up doing jobs that are not in your job description. Manager disrespects employees in front of patients. Manager never has your back when needed
Acadia health care Spokane
CDP (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 16, 2019
I love my job here. The current staff makes you feel welcomed. It can be stressful at times but in this field that is going to be everywhere. I have been in the CDP/ CDPT field for 5 years now and this is this best company I have worked for.
Tried to Advance
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocklawaha, FLApril 13, 2019
I applied and interviewed for a job that I was really excited to be moved into as I was a part time help at a facility and was looking for Full Time. I was a good fit for the FT position. My PT position was eliminated and I was laid off and never heard back from the position I interviewed for.
I liked it
Intake Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2019
It is a pretty easy job, sometimes the clients are rude but its only because they are seeking help. Def need empathy here at this job as well as compassion
Fullfilling place to work
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marion, MTApril 10, 2019
the time spent working with young people can be both taxing and awarding. The pleasure received when a student is successful is hard to explain. The hardest part about the job is questioning if you are taking the right path in supporting the kids where they need it the most. the pay does not fit the amount of personal energy or time that needs to do the job well.
Pros
emotionally rewarding
Cons
low wage
Interesting
Mental health Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  NCApril 10, 2019
The clinical staff that oversees this company are excellent. However, the nursing director has terrible issues with competence and her behavior resembles a borderline personality disorder with some paranoia involvement. It was a very interesting and fulfilling job helping people overcome their health complications. Yet the constant uprising of the one individual in management was dangerous and hopefully will be dealt with before someone is hurt.
Pros
Intake and clinical staff really care and listen to the patients
Cons
Director of Nursing was constantly inappropriate
Typical Haelthcare provider
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAApril 9, 2019
MY Manager was nothing but a yes man.. never questioned anything and just went with whatever the CEO told him to do cause he couldnt think for himself. We butted heads because I did question things which set me apart from the others. I would not work with that manager ever again
No leadership, everything is awful
Admin. (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 2, 2019
This place is nuts. I worked there over a year ago and have recently heard the leadership turnover is worse now! Tons of fraudulent billing, no respect for clients or staff, and upper management is clueless, demanding, condescending and unethical. Acadias reputation is in the toilet...google it. Patients in their care are dying. Dying, folks. Steer as clear as you can from this mess and Acadia.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything else
New building
Inpatient Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 1, 2019
This job requires a lot of handwritting which takes a lot of time away from actual clinical work. Due to census, there are times when employees have to take personal time off, which does not allow for actual vacation time. Work is not evenly distributed among employees.
Stay away
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CaliforniaMarch 28, 2019
Stay away from this facility. They don’t care about their clients or staff. Constantly pushing for more work, caseloads over 100. You have to meet a daily quota of units., the clinical director plays favoritism for those who push paperwork even if it’s illegal . People practicing way out of their scope of service. They utilize new people in the field that are registered,to perform false documentation, and treat certified counselors horribly because of their ethics and unwillingness to jeopardize their credentials. The staff turnover rate here is unbelievable, don’t believe me? Then go apply ......
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management and supervisors
Worst culture I ever worked in...
AODA Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 19, 2019
Terrible management at the Rivershore location in Milwaukee. Lack of empathy for patients true care and only pushes methadone medication with very little support for their counseling. Management is irresponsible, inexperienced, and does not carry the proper qualifications to lead a team.

Due to a chaotic culture, employee retention is terrible and it is rare that anyone stays there after one year of employment at that location. Employees there are always looking for another place of employment as they bide there time not so much for better opportunities, just any opportunity outside of the Acadia trap.
Pros
Patients
Cons
pay, culture, management, lack of empathy, high employee turnaround.
Average
Employee (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 18, 2019
Strong "hurry up and wait" mentalities with management. Inflexible work environments and inconsiderate office etiquette creates friction. It can be ok if you're friends with the right people.
Hostile, miserable place to work.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 10, 2019
This place has promise because the counselors are amazing. They help each other, manage an insane amount of stress, laugh together, provide good care, and genuinely want to help patients. The company and management however, are horrible. Any suggestions are met with sarcasm or demeaning comments when the director is involved. Humiliation is used as a motivating tactic The morale of the place can't take any more of a beating. My direct supervisor was adequate, but the director and her bosses were hard to take. There also seems to be this hard refusal to develop any sort of open door policy, which is desperately needed. With little interaction between the counselors and upper management, there's no real understanding of what is happening, what has happened, or what needs to happen. Major changes happen without any communication. LPN's make poor decisions about patient care that they don't have the experience, education, or right to make, and no one holds them accountable because "we don't want to step on the nurse's toes". Meanwhile, bachelor's and master's level staff are ignored, dismissed, etc. Turnover is incredibly high. Training is scattered. Case loads exceed the state maximum. Expectations are unreasonable. You are micromanaged to the point of harassment. You'll be chewed out for doing what you were told to do because management has no accountability. They cater to new employees but do nothing to keep them once they're hired. You'll be promised supervision for certification, but it's cancelled far more often than it is held so you'll never get that certification.  more... The sad thing is, I could go on. There's so much more. SO MUCH MORE. Honestly, the only good things I can say are that the counselors are fantastic and most of the patients are easy to work with. That's it.  less
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unreasonable expectations, out of touch management
Great Coworkers and Job, Terrible management and pay
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMarch 6, 2019
Working with patients and coworkers was very enjoyable and I was happy to do my job. The problem arose with staffing. Every night since the day I was hired I was expected to work the final 4/5 hours doing a four person job alone. I was constantly told that they were hiring a second person for my shift but that never came. I often stayed overtime every night to finish work and often never had a chance to take my thirty minute break.
My supervisor was extremely unprofessional and ignored me for days at a time, not speaking or actively disrespecting anyone working under them. When brought to HR it was clear that HR cared only about upper staff than employees. This was especially apparent when HR did not react to my supervisor endorsing employees not to take their legally required 30 minute breaks.
Communication between departments was also a massive issue that no one had been putting any effort into solving.
Hourly pay is not enough to survive in the area I lived in and was far too low for the amount of worked asked of the employees.
Pros
Learning Experience, good coworkers
Cons
No breaks, horrible management, zero communication, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight