Acadia Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Rewarding and fun work environment.

Featured review

Acadia Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I've been with the company for closing on 10 years. I've grown in my position since day one and have experienced multiple success stories. We work with kids that no one else is willing to give a chance to. It's a high stress environment, it's also incredibly fun. It's fun especially when you're blessed to have a team which supports each other and displays great communication skills.

Pros

Having the ability to help lost youths on a daily.

Cons

High stress levels at times.

Way too stressful

I loved my coworkers and personally found clinic management to be very supportive. Unfortunately, they were undercut by regional management, who are more concerned with how employees decorate their offices than they are with staff retention. There were a lot of safety concerns--it was almost impossible to remove patients from the clinic, even when they made credible threats to staff, and groups routinely had 20-30 people in rooms the fire department had only approved for 12. Caseloads were much too high to invest in the people in my care. Allied is a great concept, but not a place to go if you want to make a difference (or a living wage). Needless to say, it's very high stress.

Pros

Great people, lots of freedom with group curriculum, good hours if you want to avoid traffic

Cons

Very unsafe environment, extremely high stress, terrible upper management, low pay and benefits

Greed driven

If patient care, and not numbers is what you care about…look elsewhere. Upper management use threats, humiliation, a cloth mask, and pizza parties to motivate staff. TERRIBLE, money-driven company.

Pros

Clocking out

Cons

Pay, culture, management, patient care

Don't Do It.

Upper management is inexperienced, lacks in leadership skills and talks down to staff and patients on a regular bases and used threats, humiliation and intimidation to get staff and patients to do what they want. Team work doesn't exist and everyone spends more time gossiping and attacking each other when ever they can. Extremely unprofessional work environment.

Pros

Patients

Cons

Poor work life balance, lack of empathy, pay, management, high work load, unrealistic expectations, lack of support, high turn over, gossip, favoritism

Review

Expect a lot from you but refuse to give you the same courtesy in return. Management on the micro level isn’t bad but the company in general treats its floor staff as peons

Pros

Some people really do care here

Cons

Some not so much

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Decent pay.

Decent pay but the job sucks. It seems like the higher ups only care about numbers not the patients. It’s more so focused on money, and getting people through the door.

Pros

Pay, schedule.

Cons

Only caring about money and numbers, rotating door of workers and new patients.

Revolving door company - don't walk, RUN!

Do not work for this company. The turnover from the top levels of management down to the hourly staff is unlike anything I have ever seen. Systems are outdated and don't function properly. Communication is non-existent. Acadia was the most disorganized organization I have ever worked for. Keep looking for a job, don't take one with Acadia. You will regret it.

Pros

occasional free lunches

Cons

utter disorganization, toxic work culture, poor leadership

Don’t work here

It’s a production line methadone clinic. Keep people in Treatment as long as possible, no respect for patients, gossip among staff is constant and derogatory, pressure is high, compensation is low, raises are non- existent.

Pros

Occasional free lunch

Cons

No time for breaks, low pay, no respect

Great place with great people

Happy I got to work here and with all the people around that helped me learn and further my skills. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with and management was always helpful and listened to whatever I had to say. Never minded going into work while I was here.

Horrible experience

Do not apply there. The management is terrible. They seriously don’t care about their employees. They terminate people for no reason. I worked there for a year & a half and just quit last week. I accepted a position somewhere else with same pay & better benefits. It’s like high school there. You have assigned seats. I threatened to quit the beginning of the year if I didn’t get a raise, but I ended up getting one. One of the managers held the whole “raise” over my head. The whole company deserves a raise. Like I said DO NOT WORK THERE!!

Jobs at Acadia Healthcare

See more jobs

Terrible unfair management

Management is unfair & some even downright disrespectful to certain employees. It's sad because in the end, the patients suffer. The turnover rate is unbelievable & this negativity effects the patients. The company certainly doesn't put patients first.

Cons

The company will put you in a charge role without any training & without support. Terrible!

Decent place

It can feel lonely as everyone is remote and likely will stay that way. It is difficult to form relationships with peers due to lack of interaction. Management is great at helping and helping problem solve. Pay is slightly higher then similar jobs in the area. Paperwork tracking is a little wonky and review for paperwork is a lengthy process which can be frustrating.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Can feel lonely, paperwork tracking and review is wonky/lengthy

High caseload, unrealistic job expectations and management doesn't value employees

Working at Acadia Health Care was an experience and I have learned a wealth of knowledge from the fellow counselors, nurses, doctors and previous supervisors from Racine CTC. Anyone working in the field understands how draining yet rewarding it is to work with people with addiction issues. In my years I have seen some wonderful counselors, nurses and a previous supervisor who truly cared about the patient's well being. It's unfortunate Acadia Health Care doesn't value their employees. Many professionals have left due to unrealistic job demands, disorganization and lack communication from upper management. The new upper management is not concerned with their employees nor do they care about the patients. Upper management is only concerned with numbers (patients make money). Acadia Health Care doesn't offer an incentive for employees to stay. I stayed as long as I did because I enjoyed my job working with patients and valued my co-workers. Work hours Monday - Friday 5 am - 2:30 pm alternative weekends

Pros

Great learning experience, decent employee package, great team environment in Racine

Cons

Large caseload, lack of communication from upper management, unrealistic job expectations

Flexible scheduling

Need electronic health record still using paper charting they could use np for services not just mds paid for my college and no job advancement opportunity

Pros

Cheap lunches

Cons

30 Min break for a 12hr shift

Very unorganized when you asked for help it never came

The management was very clicky. If you had an idea to improve work flow it was dismissed. The CEO and CFO were non caring. If you didn't fit into their click, then you were just ignored.

Great Place to work!

Clinical Director and Clinical Supervisor are awesome people, willing to work with you as well as answer questions which may come up. The position as a counselor is not for beginners, but those who have experience working with the addiction population.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Daily expectations, unexpected situations.

Scattered and Unorganized

This was a pretty good place to work until recently. The higher ups are too focused on numbers and not the well being of the patients. Our region had been making lots of huge changes and not really keeping anyone in the loop about how to correctly go about incorporating them into our daily routines. Communication between higher ups and supervisors was awful, and higher ups degraded anyone lower than them. My supervisor was awesome to work under, but he was always so overwhelmed with tasks and expectations he couldn’t even meet, despite working upwards of 12 hour days sometimes. The best part about this job was my coworkers. I constantly kept a caseload of 50 or more, which is over the state mandated limit. Expectations could not be fulfilled due to being understaffed and the counselors “wearing too many hats” and being given too many other job duties. Workload was entirely too stressful compared to the pay. I could go on but I will stop here.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Short breaks, high stress, high turnover

Draining

Constantly under staffed with no plans mitigate workload and ensure continuity of care for patients. Unrealistic expectations of what can be achieved in 40 hours, constant turnover and poor training and trainers in every department I have interfaced with. Your experience will be greatly influenced by the competency of the people working above you.

Pros

Meaningful work, policies are decent (when followed)

Cons

Chronic staffing problems, no concern for employee retention resulting in poor delivery of treatment services.

Fun place to work

Pay is bad, and so are the benefits. Company does not care about their employees. Direct staff are amazing. However, HR, regional staff, etc weren't supportive and only cared about numbers and revenue.

Pros

Great work life balance, and great hours

Cons

Pay, upper management, and benefits

Awful place to work

Worst place ever. Coworkers are horrible. Patients are horrible. Place is filthy. Staff is inappropriate with patients. Generally a bad place to work. Miserable people working here.

Pros

Close to where I live

Cons

Dirty. Unorganized. Rude patients. Rude coworkers.

Like any job, there are ups and downs but overall a good company to work for

Starting pay is low compared to what other companies offer but there are opportunities for merit increases. The facility in work at is newer and still growing and learning. Training was minimal but there are a lot of resources to self-learn.

Pros

Generous pto, wage increases, family atmosphere, work/life balance

Cons

Early mornings, lack of adequate training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight