Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs caAugust 16, 2018
No steady management , it’s like some cruel experiment watching the staff turn on each other. Upper management doesn’t care about you . You are on you own. They will short you paycheck!
Pros
Off early
Cons
It’s a dangerous job
Not a bad place to work.
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLAugust 14, 2018
This place isn't everything one would ever wish for in a workplace but on the whole it's well above average with regards to other places I have worked in the past.
Pros
Good management and working conditions
Cons
Pay is a bit low but benefits are provided.
Cut throat environment
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 14, 2018
Not conducive to growth or development. Very dishonest upper management, cowards! Self serving! Promote from within, announce new position then turn around and hire someone else and ask you to train them... Unscrupulous company! Worst job I've ever had
Pros
Benefits rock
Cons
Back stabbing, anarchy! No support
unorganized
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVAugust 10, 2018
Management cannot make a decision and stay with it. There is a lack of client care due to the changes that are made on the spur of the moment. Leadership is lacking in knowledge and experience as supervisors. Evaluations are not done on time- advancements are not likely.

Coworkers are good to work with, they are team players. Hours are a little non-traditional but are good if you are wanting evenings free.
Pros
good coworkers, early morning and afternoon hours
Cons
lack of leadership and organization
Nice people
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 9, 2018
The people I worked with were great but as for the company when I started which was 30 days after accepted the position and when got to my first day the manager had no idea i was starting that day. I had no desk, no computer, no phone and it was complete kaios.
Pros
free meals, healthcare
Cons
management did not communicate
Nice place to work
Dispensing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
The nurses are great. They work together and help each other treat many patients.The nurse director and lead nurse are very good,They care about the staff and patients.
Pros
hours are good
Cons
pay could be better
Lack of benefits
Pysch aide (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARAugust 5, 2018
The place is stressful and the staff are not appreciate for the hard work they put in. There’s no bonuses or the raises are cut and you’ll have to work a lot of doubles to have any money.
Stressful place of employment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 4, 2018
Very seldom get combative guests but you should understand that they are dealing with a disease. So many great employees were given a bad deal and let go for any little thing while the ones in the circle have a repetitive cycle
Pros
Seeing my guests getting help
Cons
Repeaters and not being appreciated by the Administration
we have rt staff to play games and cook with children
Mental Health Technician II (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 31, 2018
get to work at 8:00 am and I go to the principles office to get the children's agenda for the day. I then go to my classroom and do some prepping before class starts at 9:00 am. I go to the hall and talk with the kids and make sure the team is safe to transfer for school. We start the day with the pledge of allegiance. We start math and every subject is 45-50 minutes a day. The hardest part of my job is keeping them from misbehaving. The most joyful part is knowing I get to help make these children better in school and in life.
Pros
PTO time, meals
Cons
short staffed and minimal breaks
A new outlook and way of being
BHT for Desert Hills RTC (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2018
Desert Hills is trying to implement TCI or Therapeutic Crisis Intervention. With a Nurtured Heart Approach these violent and out of control kids are getting loving kindness instead of punishment. I just dont believe the old staff has fully caught on yet.

I think management is serious about turning that around. It will take a little time.
Pros
Plenty of support and training
Cons
Existing staff not yet with the program

Want to know more about Acadia Healthcare?

Ask a question
Do not work here!!
Dispensing Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2018
Warning! Warning! Go apply somewhere else! Easy job but medical staff will stress you out intentionally if they do not like you. Lack of professionalism! Favoritism!
Pros
Early hours dismissal
Cons
Unprofessional medical staff
Biller (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 23, 2018
I loved working for Acadia while I was there. I camein through a temp company and Acadia payed me a decent wage. They were in a transition when I worked there and even though I was assured they would keep me do to my performance, I was fired due to budget cuts. This decision was out of the hand of any of the supervisors because the CEO gave them the order, Anyways, this is a great place, great people, free food in the cafeterias often, and a very positive working environment.
Pros
free food, starbucks coffee, nice people
Cons
management needs work
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 8, 2018
good please to work.
Everyone is friendly.
Just needs better management.
Skilled workers.
Needs a better pay rate system.
Managers need classes on how to treat people.
Ohp
Hospital Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2018
As all mental health facilities tend to be, it was a very stressful place to work, however most of the stress came not from the patients, but from the staff. There was little to no communication and the workers, especially those below administration, were treated very poorly and stepped on.
Fun
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 3, 2018
Very fun very insightful. Teaches you alot about lifeskills the kids. Very fun paced place to work. Lots and lots of overtime. Payed vacations, natural bond with the kids.
Pros
Lifeskills
Cons
Lifeskills
If you are thinking of working there keep going
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 27, 2018
Will set you up to fail target employees to be fired. Over load staff with patients All about the money. Will make things up to fire you management has there favorites
Productive but not fun.
Utilization Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Ability to move up within company. Depending on location , some managers are awesome, and really work to better you. Got a promotion within my first couple of months.
Awful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
This company sets you up to fail. They overload you and expect you to sink or swim with unreasonable amount of work hours.

If you have question or concern, they will criticize and target you.

Do not work for this company!
Pros
Cons
excessive hours, poor leadership, hostile work environment
Terrible culture for both employees and patients
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 17, 2018
Most horrible work experience ever. I suggest reading all reviews before coming to work for this place.
Patients are herded thru the doors like cattle. Nothing about this place focuses on individual treatment. Staff are treated like a number and not respected for their hard work and ethics.
We are so short staffed in every department they need to put a cap on admissions until they can actually be safe.
Everyone is micromanaged but never jumps in to help when we are sinking with patients.
It’s unorganized and a disgrace to take people’s hard earned money and bill insurance for treatment pts are not getting.
Pros
Cons
Everything under the sun and more!
All about money
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 16, 2018
Top priority is making money. Doesn’t care about employees or the clients we are serving. Company makes poor decisions to cut corners in the short-term financially that lead to dissatisfied employees and major problems long term. Do not feel supported by Acadia.
Pros
Love my coworkers and the work itself
Cons
Stressful unstable work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight