Acadia Healthcare
Coronavirus update

Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States524 reviews
Featured review
Acadia Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I’ve been with this company over 12 years. Everyone is accepted and encouraged. I’ve had several promotions there as has several others. You have the opportunity to utilize you specialized capabilities.
Pros
Flexible and encouraging
Cons
Hours start very early @ 5:30 am
Upper management plays favorites and retaliates when concerns are raised. Poor communication between upper management and teams. Inadequate parking in a less than desirable area
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling
Cons
Until they get all new Management they will never keep employee. All over the place. And you shouldn't hire management that doesn't have any experience. You have manager that have previously work together. The worst place I have ever worked at in my entire life. No professionalism at all. MY Advise is if you see an add on the web everyday it's a problem there, keep looking and everyone that write comments about this the worst place it is. Training was horrible. Team leaders should at least have 5 years experience and know all insurance payers in ordered to train other experience people. We will learn together isn't an option you should already know it. To much gossip. Friends of Friends. MY Advice STAY AWAY
Pros
I went to my car for lunch
Cons
distance
The corporation is more concerned with making money than providing quality healthcare.They have eliminated key positions, (unit managers, secretaries and therapeutic programs) leaving the remainder of the employees to pick up the slack. There is no continuity on the unit without unit managers. As long as there are "warm bodies" staffing the unit, corporate seems satisfied. Without therapeutic programs, the patients have no structured therapy. Instead they are encouraged to color and do other childish activities.
Pros
Can't think of any. Getting worse as time goes on.
Cons
Understaffed, frustrated and unhappy employees
The CBO department in Franklin, TN is THE WORST department I have ever worked in! Every day the upper management piles more work on top of more work on top of more work, and then don't want to pay nobody for it. The director shows favoritism towards her "close friends and family" who she got hired on. They dont have monthly bonuses as promised. The whole company/department just sucks and I hate it there. I cant wait to find something else!!! The department also have a high turnaround. People start for a week then bounce because the department is all over the place. No stability. No organization. And to top it all off we had a few active cases of positive COVID in my department and they did NOTHING to keep the other employees safe. No ability to work from home during this time. Overall, I would not want anyone to work here, EVER!!!!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything under the sun!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Poor management, poor culture, the company should be ashamed offering such poor quality & costly healthcare insurance

The odds are that you can do much, better
I was with this company for about 10 months. Managers are horrible. They are not proffesional and treat employees like garbage.
They have a lot to grow and learn to succeed. Managers need to take a class on how to treat others. They don't care about the patients who go there to get help. All they care about is taking their money. They would always talk bad about the patients amongst other employees.
A good job for those starting their career out of college. Decent benefits, thorough training, employees are helpful, and the job is clearly outlined.
Pros
Great benefits
Acadia health is probably a great company but the franklin cbo is a horrible place to work they don't appreciate people most of the people who work here are family or friend related with the supervisor people don't know how to mind their own business I have been working since the pandemic started and they try to keep stuff under the rug we are not suppose to be working during this time this place is horrible wouldn't recommend to anyone
Pros
Helping the patients recover
Cons
No bonus pay
My professional experience at Acadia started off very well. I was super excited and had a director who interviewed me and hired me within 20 minutes of leaving my interview. From there, it all went downhill. People started making false reports about other employees, complaining, arguing, and then the firings came. I was a manager, and I, along with two other managers were set up and fired due to age-related discrimination, and total set-ups and lies. I reported my director for doing this but was fired for doing so. After I was fired, I heard that she was also fired. This place is corrupt and has horrible upper management and zero leadership!!
Upper management is horrible
Do not care about there employees

All they care about is MONEY!

No room to grow in the company

Too much Favoritism

Micro Manage

Benefits
The patients are the only good part of the job. Even then, they still can cause a lot of problems. Management is horrible. There's no communication. Management clearly has favorites. People can get away with crimes, yes, crimes.
I love my job. Good working conditions. Busy but not overly so. The location is great. The company has good benefits. Its rewarding to know your are helping people.
Pros
Work starts atv5 am
They need to worry about the staff and not treat like they are dispensable. The patients are extremely violent and aggressive. Yet you have no way of knowing what you will work with or the proper equipment
Pros
Local
Cons
This is the worst place I have ever worked. Management is horrible. They are condescending, unhelpful, and very immature. There is a complete lack of training and communication is non-existent. The CBO director acts in a way that is unbecoming of someone in their position. She is very rude and crass.
Pros
Decent office accommodations
Cons
Working there
My initial impression was that I would be helping people in a very positive way. I was excited to learn about treatment for substance use disorders and the role of medication assisted treatment. My expectation was met by a highly opposing reality. You can expect to be a glorified case manager who enables the clients here to become cross addicted to the medications by not providing the services needed to taper them off and assist them in leading a normal life outside of substance misuse. If you do your research, the recommended time for being on these medications is definitely not 10-15 years, it's more like 18 months maximum. This is not true medication assisted treatment, and is in fact a customer factory. You can expect to be turning in reports to show the numbers, because that is all this company cares about, numbers and money (hence the long term customer comment). You can expect your supervisor to be a micromanager because that is how they are trained. There is no real leadership in your day to day job as they just want you to focus on seeing as many people as possible. In my experience, when I would go to ask for help, supervisors were tied up with something else or they would shut their door in my face. I literally just winged it many times. My case load stayed around 80 patients and was 89 patients at the highest. You can expect to accrue a decent amount of time off, but unless you plan a few months in advance, don't expect to be taking impromptu days off. On a day to day basis, you can expect to see a minimum of 5 people and to do a couple groups. Sounds easy, but patient - more...
Pros
Work hours, health insurance is pretty good
Cons
Low pay compared to similar work, other places offer comparable benefits for less cost, management is trained to micromanage, this company is all about the money and not about helping people
After almost three years I decided I couldn’t take any more. Most of the coworkers were wonderful to work with but management left lots to be desired.
Cons
Lack of training and support
Extremely devisive leadership with no leadership. No concern for safety or welfare of staff. Dishonest CEO that is racist with No problem solving skill.
They’ll try to work with your schedule, friendly, approachable administration, beautiful location, great educational opportunities and reimbursement, laid -back feel, great people.
Very fast paced, high client turnover, virtually no leadership, no unified team. You’re on your own, which some hate, but I love ( no micromanagement!)

Extremely rewarding work.
Majority of the staff was helpful and friendly. A vast variety of diverse personalities, country folks, majority were previously addicts and mental health patients themselves. If interested in working in an unstable work place while gaining experience this is ideal but ONLY for a month. The bonus is not given upfront because the turnover rate is so high that they use this small amount for leverage. Oh and you’ll have to do so much work and no training.
Get your professional license and RUN...Good place to train and get fully licensed, poor pay and management. The pay is low and the Children will eventually break your heart. CSCT was NEVER fully vetted as a treatment modality that works. By the way, without full Parent involvement ( good luck with that) It does not!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight