Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Ohp
Hospital Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2018
As all mental health facilities tend to be, it was a very stressful place to work, however most of the stress came not from the patients, but from the staff. There was little to no communication and the workers, especially those below administration, were treated very poorly and stepped on.
Fun
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 3, 2018
Very fun very insightful. Teaches you alot about lifeskills the kids. Very fun paced place to work. Lots and lots of overtime. Payed vacations, natural bond with the kids.
Pros
Lifeskills
Cons
Lifeskills
If you are thinking of working there keep going
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 27, 2018
Will set you up to fail target employees to be fired. Over load staff with patients All about the money. Will make things up to fire you management has there favorites
Productive but not fun.
Utilization Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 27, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Ability to move up within company. Depending on location , some managers are awesome, and really work to better you. Got a promotion within my first couple of months.
Awful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
This company sets you up to fail. They overload you and expect you to sink or swim with unreasonable amount of work hours.

If you have question or concern, they will criticize and target you.

Do not work for this company!
Pros
Cons
excessive hours, poor leadership, hostile work environment
Terrible culture for both employees and patients
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 17, 2018
Most horrible work experience ever. I suggest reading all reviews before coming to work for this place.
Patients are herded thru the doors like cattle. Nothing about this place focuses on individual treatment. Staff are treated like a number and not respected for their hard work and ethics.
We are so short staffed in every department they need to put a cap on admissions until they can actually be safe.
Everyone is micromanaged but never jumps in to help when we are sinking with patients.
It’s unorganized and a disgrace to take people’s hard earned money and bill insurance for treatment pts are not getting.
Pros
Cons
Everything under the sun and more!
All about money
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 16, 2018
Top priority is making money. Doesn’t care about employees or the clients we are serving. Company makes poor decisions to cut corners in the short-term financially that lead to dissatisfied employees and major problems long term. Do not feel supported by Acadia.
Pros
Love my coworkers and the work itself
Cons
Stressful unstable work environment
Ok
DIRECT CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2018
Working with children with various behavioral issue trying to provide a safe and secure environment for them as well as staff. I mentored them and helped them utilize coping skills.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Kids fighting staff
Great place to work.
Senior Benefits Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 7, 2018
Great place to work. People are friendly are always willing to help others. Office is convenient to get to and is a new building. Also has a parking garage.
Fun work place
Millcreek (Current Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSJune 5, 2018
I love working at Millcreek of Clarksdale. Great place to start off. Millcreek has such a goos environment. Great place to learn different things and want more out of your career.
Pros
Get to know individuals well well organized workplace and loving environment
Cons
Need to up the hourly rate and raise.
Company is growing so fast, things like a Compensation Dept are non-existant.
Senior Benefits Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 2, 2018
Company needs to slow down, look at what they need, to keep their employees. Too much focus on acquisitions and not enough on what is needed to sustain a solid company.
Difficult work environment, too many Pt per Counselor
Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJune 1, 2018
Highly stressful job due to lack of proficient Counselor, too many patients per case load. Management makes promises they are unwilling/unable to keep. Staff stays because they l working with love working with the populations
Great people but tough job
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 31, 2018
Over all the people that work there are great. However management needs more training so that they can handle the day to day stress that comes form working within the environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No work life balance
good experience
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 30, 2018
good experience great leadership great co workers, good support, great training oppertunities, team work, willing to help the community great medical facility
Self-Medicated Managers & Co-Workers; The Free State of Acadia
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2018
Sin City/Hades/Horrible, bottom of the barrel. Filthy. Nobody worth talking about works there. Patients could apply and be managers. Madhouse. A bad joke! Admin and Managers run amok!
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Witches, wizards, warlocks and Jezebels in a cauldron of mold and mildew
Can be a great place to work
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 9, 2018
Depending on the management and department you are a part of Acadia, can be a great place to work. I learned a lot from this job, but I do not feel that they compensate fairly for the work produced, they struggle with management/supervision and current culture is not secure.
You get what you put in
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 7, 2018
I like my job. Has its ups and downs. Managers care. I feel heard and appreciated. The pace is quick, expectations high, and stress up there, but they keep it fun and give the resources needed to hit goals. I recommend working here if you have drive, realistic expectations on advancement, and are ready to get in the weeds.
Pros
Team is fun. People care. We deliver.
Cons
Long hours.
Growth Options, Positive Change, Ambitious Atmosphere
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 24, 2018
I like my job. I enjoy the folks I work with. I have realistic expectations about the required work/life balance needed in today's work force so I don't mind long hours and weeks. I feel valued and heard. Communication can be so/so but that is how most work places are. I get what I put in day after day and see myself staying with Acadia long term.
Pros
Freedom, Control, and Endless Amount of Work (Job Security)
Cons
Miscommunication but it feels like management is addressing.
no comment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 19, 2018
They have good benefits and pay fair but other than that, no comment. The management gives u no training or instructions they just show you your desk and go to a meeting and pick favorites also its pretty lame
It is very stresssful
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the rules change from one hour to the next. Nurses in the lab are frustrated because of the high intake loads which is very stressful and not very relaxed. Nurses who dose have to work with various contradictions and changes from one hour to the next variable hour. The problems do not lie with the clients,but the manager who is moody and has allowed one employee to boss many other employees. The new charge nurse is very competent but her mood has changed considerably. New employees leave when they discover the atmosphere Of ICTC.. The administrator is leaving in May and the norm of that place is change. Again, it It is not a very good working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.
Pros
Working with opiate addicted clients.
Cons
The work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight