Acadia Healthcare Employee Reviews

Work Balance
HR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 17, 2019
The hardest job ever! Work balance was a joke, fake management and coworkers. Management was only concerned about the bottom line and not the employees, if they were overworked and under paid.
Lots of politics and brown nosing. Work here if you would like a career in politics!
Barbaric!
Dosing Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 7, 2019
Filthiest place of business Ive ever seen! Note to CEO: Take a walk through the nurses station and give it as much attention and raise the expectations! Give nurses as much pressure to maintain cleanliness and a healthy environment as much as you give the counselors on their paperwork deadlines Its all about numbers here and to heck with health and cleanliness. Oh and the patients? They are fed methadone like babies to the breast, there is NO true recovery here as hundreds of patients daily have to pay for their dose of methadone and are not encouraged to wean off because if the patients go away, the money goes away!
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
dirty, everything filthy about this place and nobody seemed to mind.
I love my job!
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 6, 2019
I love my job here! I have great managers and co workers. They offer great benefits even for part time workers. I am so glad I made the switch to this new job.
Poor management
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2019
This is a very toxic work environment. Management is unprofessional and immature. High patient case load and work load with very little pay and time.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Short lunch breaks, low pay, poor management, toxic work environment
Steer clear. This place is a trainwreck with constant turnover and poor management.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 27, 2019
This place does not treat their employees or their patients with respect. You are a body to fill a slot on the schedule and the pediatric patients are treated poorly by a majority of the staff. If you take a stand and try to do what's right, then you are ostracized and mistreated. There is no real incentive to stay here.
Pros
Coupon for a free cafeteria lunch on your birthday.
Cons
Short staffing, high turnover, poor management.
Good
Behavioral Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2019
The job is very fast paced but I had a great manager that was willing to help and answer any necessary questions I had. It was a decent experience that I appreciate.
Challenging but rewarding
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 22, 2019
If you've worked in healthcare before, you know what type of environment to expect. This job is no different. Some days are hectic, can test your patience, and make you feel like you're in the wrong field. Thankfully, those days are few and far between. It's the good days that make it worthwhile. The day a patient comes in and tells you they didn't use last night because they didn't want to disappoint you. The day when someone finishes out the program and is strong in their sobriety. The day when you take a new patient in from a bad situation and give them hope. The day when our patients realize someone cares. Those are the days to keep in mind.

As a whole, it's a lot of on the job training, but there are resources to help you along the way. It is team based and everyone, regardless of job title, works with one another to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients. My clinic director is approachable and really cares about the patients as individuals, not just as numbers. The hours are nice, and the benefits are great. There is also potential to move up within the company.

I have no plans on leaving my current job, and have even thought about continuing my education to further my role within Acadia.

With a little patience and hard work, you won't be sorry you work here!
Company supports growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Portland, ORJanuary 18, 2019
I started out my career 5 years ago as an intern. I have been able to gain more education and experience allowing me to move up to various positions in the company. The company is a great place for someone who wants to grow within a company.
Growth opportunity, patient-centered care
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 18, 2019
Acadia provides job security and career advancement opportunities. There is an emphasis on the individual patient needs and a high standard for quality of care. The different departments are supportive of the employees and the environment is team-oriented and pleasant, despite the stresses associated with the nature of behavioral health work.
Constant turnover among the staff
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Unfortunately the company isn’t going to invest in their employees that want to be there for the long haul if they expect them to leave in 6 months. There’s no stability, most employees quit after 6 months because of poor management & lack of respect for the employees. There’s no amount of compensation or pay to make up for the demands & stress management expects from you!! Do NOT waste a moment of your time applying at company, it’s not worth it!!
Pros
Cons
To many to list

Want to know more about Acadia Healthcare?

Ask a question
Okay during the time there
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Need to compensate employees better, make sure the hired staff are qualified for the position they are hired for, lot of confusion between counselors and supervisor that patients witness.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Pay, basement location no wndows
Horrible place to work. Physically and mentally draining
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 14, 2019
I came into this job very excited but it became a very disappointing very quickly. Management is clueless. Parking is a huge pain. It’s common for someone to get a parking ticket. The favoritism is incredibly frustrating, the last two people to get promoted were not only related but also
Close family friends with the regional business office director. The annual raises are insulting (34 cents). STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Flexible lunch.
Cons
Terrible management, insulting raises, favoritism, terrible location cramped office.
Quick hire
Behavioral Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 13, 2019
Quick hire and quick fire. Very high turn over rate. Administration is unappreciative and condescending. Very bad culture wouldn’t recommend its three locations in Lafayette, LA area to any one.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Uncompromising workplace
stressful at times, but still a rewarding place to work
CSAC (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 13, 2019
I just love working at present job at Pinehurst Comprehensive Treatment Center. (Acadia) I have been with them for seven years and continue to enjoy the work environment.
Director of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2019
Management is good. Really like the people I work with.
Medical Director is great the clinical staff has come along way.
This facility is a very enjoyable place to work.
Most enjoyable part is seeing the work that we do.
Avoid If Possible
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 7, 2019
I worked at Acadia for two years on their corporate marketing team. Upper management, directors and cmo, not only micromanaged, but actively encouraged a toxic competitive environment while clearly playing favorites. There was also zero emphasis on continuing education.
Pros
Pay and benefits are above average for Nashville
Cons
Environment; Management
long hours, poor management
chose not to answer (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILJanuary 5, 2019
if you need supervision hours this is your place. Management and growth is non-existent. Lack of variety, revolving door of employees, too much movement in upper management to make long term effective changes
Cons
understaffed and over worked
All about numbers
Substance Abuse Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MAJanuary 5, 2019
Strange that all groups and sessions get a number. The higher the numbers at weekend the better. The management is obsessed with the weekend numbers.
Pros
Co workets
Cons
Management money making obessesed.
Fun with good management and helping people
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARJanuary 4, 2019
It’s nice to know we’re helping people. Has awesome coworkers and supervisors. Don’t always agree with some of the administrative decisions but that’s with anywhere. Love my coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome coworkers
Cons
No breaks for my position
Fast paced, friendly team atmospher, and rewarding
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 26, 2018
Working at White Deer Run has been a very positive experience in almost every aspect. As a detox counselor, the nursing staff, intake staff, and all clinical staff work well together in a very supportive manner to assist clients in obtaining the best care for each individual.
Pros
staff, management and training
Cons
Weekend hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight