ACCC Insurance Company Employee Reviews

my Manager was great.
Litigation adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2019
8 HOURs day however the claims system is there OWN and Windows 10 . Do not work together very well
They have Work arounds - this adds at least 2 time your norma.
The only training with a mentor For 1 - 2 days to review if the systems .

Training consisdeed n when the Home office has a New Hire class.
But no other detail was provided.
I went to Georgia for my training this was a new hire group I could hve new hire c
Compassion, respect, and understanding
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2019
The culture of this company is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. I was able to talk to my supervisor about any concerns and would relay feedback to upper management which was helpful in the workplace because it helps develop respect, trust, and mutual appreciation among peers. However, you do have to be on the good side with managers and supervisors otherwise they will hold grudges against you and will affect you moving up the ladder at work.
Pros
Benefits, Positive support team, Training and showing appreciation to workers, Supportive human resources dept
Cons
Somewhat gossip but then its in every workplace, Short breaks, micromanaged depending which supervisor and pressure to reach your goal
Growing company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2019
The company is growing however there is no loyalty to their employees. The pay does not match the heavy workload. Over all, the company is headed in the right direction.
Very poor management
Insurance intake customer service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2019
This company is one the worst companies to work at. They play favoritism to decide whether they should keep you employed or not.

I was treated very poorly. These people do not care about their employees.

Management are so unprofessional. I heard them talk about their employees behind their backs.
Laid Off Office Closed
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 18, 2019
I had worked there just 6 months. Two HR people showed up and said we need to have a quick meeting. Then, they told us the office is closing. The Branch Mgr.had just moved from Wisconsin and then they gave him a job in Texas. Very disappointed.
Pros
Had great manager and coworkers
Cons
Benefits and closing office after office
Unprofessional HR and Management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx on BenmarFebruary 8, 2019
Working here seemed great at first, until there was never enough work to be done. You are required to sit there straight up with one hand on your mouse and one on your keyboard at all times. We were not allowed to talk to each other. You better not dare seem like you enjoy it or you'll be fussed at for talking to a coworker. Management seemed to be a group of very childish and insecure women with low self esteems. They like to gossip about employees and laugh all day loudly and it makes you wonder is their work even being done or is this high school with "mean girl" rejects. My manager said very rude and ugly belittling things to people and I'm unsure how she got away with it other than her very close relationship with the supervisor and HR. I wouldn't recommend anyone serious about work, doing a great job, and earning a living to work here. It is absolutely a joke and dont bother telling HR....they are all buddies and of course they stick together. They will get rid of you before they dare address that they are the problem!
Pros
Nice Gym, Diverse Community, Hour Lunchbreaks
Cons
Management is Trash, Very Prison Like, And No Opps to Advance
After several successful years, I resigned with a need to travel less.
Auto Insurance Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2018
After several successful years, and building a tremendous book of business in the state of Mississippi, I resigned with a need to travel less. I have a special needs child that spent a month in the hospital fighting for her life immediately prior to my resignation. I felt I needed to find local work and travel less in order to be closer to her.
Enjoyed at first but quickly came to hate it
Property Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXDecember 28, 2018
Management had no solutions to the customer service complaints and did not even seem to care. Would not listen to or consider any ideas for improvement.
Pros
Rapid Advancement
Cons
Poor pay scale
Not a good place to work
Sr Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 30, 2018
Management was confrontational and lied to its employees. The company was in a lot of "hot water" with the Department of Insurance. They were not truthful on the plans of the companies future and repeatedly stated our jobs were safe. Until the morning of Sept. 7, 2017 when we were called into a large room and advised we were all being laid off.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Management was not equally fair
fast paced environment
TOTAL LOSS/ PIP ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  houston txAugust 31, 2018
answer calls in queue , review estimates , make offers, contact customers and negotiate, close and pay out claims . weekly meetings with supervisors. work pending folder
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work load
Company misrepresents the job duties
Property Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
Horrible health benefits

If you get hired as exempt, they expect you to work 1 Saturday a month for free

Very little time for breaks

poor training
Pros
Cons
One break for 20 minutes, weekend work, back to back calls, have to use an interpreter on EVERY call
High School All Over
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 26, 2018
Unfortunately, this company lacks business ethics and runs solely based on whether or not they like you and you fit into their "clique". Sad but true. There is a lot of favoritism and you move up the ladder only if you are best friends with the managers.
Pros
Cons
Unethical
Poor decisions from upper management
Bilingual Underwriter (Agent Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 12, 2018
With poor management and lack of accountability, this company is continually going downhill. Due to ever-changing policies that weren't taught properly, the employees would be confused in how to handle simple tasks and situations.
The biggest factor in why there were so many changes lies with inexperienced members of upper management improvising on how to run the company.
The company should be ashamed about it's decision to eliminate whole departments without any warning.
Be wary about this company, I've learned my lesson.
Pros
Pay, Pto, gym
Cons
Poor upper management
Job gets old quick, cram training in
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
Hours aren't the best shortened lunches and if u wanted to keep your hour lunch you had to tack on time to your shift. Supervisors often leave you unattended and being new it makes it hard. They are extra petty on the QA and a high turnover. Under paid and the handling adjusters never answer the phone and that makes the customers not upset with you. Some have had an accident and 6 months later they still have not gotten any repairs
Pros
Not one comes to mind.
Cons
Hours, stress, under paid for the work they expect
ACCC Georgia Claims staff has been reduced
Bodily Injury Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Company obviously was in trouble. Unecessary actions were by executive management were carry-out to give the pretence that all was good and keep the employees from seeking other employment. However the writing was on the wall and many employees left without notice or less than 2 weeks. With less than 1/2 the staff new objectives were given to the staff left and unfortunately it did not work out and the remaining staff was blamed for the down fall of the office.
Pros
No longer applicable
Cons
No longer applicable
Great place !!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time spent with accc , if it hadnt been for me having to move due to a family memebers illness, I would still be employyed here. The environment was everything.
Quick paced
Customer Service Representative- Claims Dept (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
Metrics is what represents you. Your work doesn't get rewarded. Always changing and improving. once you get the scripts done its a piece of cake and comfortable.
Great place to work except...
Denying claims for fun (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 15, 2018
At the start of every work day all employees are forced to bend over, drop trou, and management shoves a large stick straight up your colon. I dislike the lack personal choice in the size of this stick. However, this daily ceremony sets the mood for the day and represents the attitudes we are expected to present to customers.
Pros
Free stick, introvert paradise
Cons
It is a pain to drop trou in the colder winter months.
Really is a great place to work...
Property & Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
Unfortunately, my time with ACCC was cut short since I had to move out of state. In the short time I was there, they really made a great impression on me. I went from USAA to ACCC and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. Everyone was welcoming and open, helpful from the get go.
Pros
Great leadership, Fun environment
Cons
Growing pains, they are growing very quickly
Learned a lot
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2018
Learned a lot about insurance and litigation and subrogation working for this company. Many of the clients seemed dissatisfied due to it being a high risk auto insurance company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCC Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7