ACCC Insurance Company Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Great place to work except...
Denying claims for fun (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 15, 2018
At the start of every work day all employees are forced to bend over, drop trou, and management shoves a large stick straight up your colon. I dislike the lack personal choice in the size of this stick. However, this daily ceremony sets the mood for the day and represents the attitudes we are expected to present to customers.
Pros
Free stick, introvert paradise
Cons
It is a pain to drop trou in the colder winter months.
Really is a great place to work...
Property & Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
Unfortunately, my time with ACCC was cut short since I had to move out of state. In the short time I was there, they really made a great impression on me. I went from USAA to ACCC and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. Everyone was welcoming and open, helpful from the get go.
Pros
Great leadership, Fun environment
Cons
Growing pains, they are growing very quickly
Learned a lot
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2018
Learned a lot about insurance and litigation and subrogation working for this company. Many of the clients seemed dissatisfied due to it being a high risk auto insurance company.
Great office
Car insurance saleman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
Great place to work for, the teammates are very smart and the office is always busy tons of clients to help, every day i would try to learn something new.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Short brakes
Unmanageable workload
Pd Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXApril 28, 2018
Somethings better left un said. No structured training program and not consistency in the files . Management staff needs a revamp. Someone deeds to develop a training program.
Don’t work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
Working for an insurance company has taught me a lot but working for a FRUAD insurance company is eye opening , I don’t understand how this company is still open . They do not want to pay out when they clearly should . The Sup micromanage so much it’s ridiculous. You can’t do your job in peace with out someone standing over your shoulder . We need to be paid more for what we do . The attorneys call and cuss at us very unprofessional .the company is very unprofessional .
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Short breaks, everything timed
Stressful
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Poor management, low pay, favoritism. Unreasonable work loads. Rude co-workers. Customers are low income and are taken advantage of. Lots of uneducated people trying to run a business
Worst Insurance Company I ever worked for
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Petty Insurance company with petty people in Management and Human resources. They DO NOT pay well at this company. It is a non standard insurance company, adjusters talk to customers any kind of way. At times, they were adjusters yelling across the office. Very unprofessional environment. They also very unethical. At times they would have all the necessary information to move files forward and they just sit on the claim. Management gave adjusters little to no authority to adjuster and handle their claims. I do not recommend anyone to work at this company. Unprofessional all the way up to the top management.
The Human resource department runs this company. I never seen a company where the managers had so little control over personnel. Most of the adjusters and human resources department are non-degreed..
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Very petty people from Managers to Human resources
Great work environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed the time i worked here
nice place to work
the supervisor was great
casual dressing
,hour lunch
Great workplace friendly coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
Loved thd workplace, people friendly, very organized, great offerings. Every morning or afternoon entering or exiting the building their wouldn’t be one person that would say hi, or bye! Love the company great people!
Overworked and under appreciated
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 22, 2017
I worked at Accc for a little over 3 years. When I first began it seemed like a great company with room to grow and plenty of potential. However, management changed and it went downhill fast. You’re a salaried associate without a lot of the salary benefits. The hours are M-F 8:30-5. However 4 out of 5 days I would have to take a laptop home and stay up until 12-1 am just trying to stay caught up. However, with that company there is no such thing as caught up. You are extremely micro managed, over worked, and not appreciated. Horrible company.
Pros
Good coworkers. Wouldn’t have made it without them
Cons
Micromanaged, extremely high workload, never showed appreciation but sure to get reprimanded if you do something wrong
Too much confusion
PD Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2017
The amount of work you're expected to do in a short amount of time is unrealistic. It is not fun working in stressful situations or working under supervisors that have to be so micromanaging.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Pay is extremely low, benefits are not good
Fair pay, horrible management
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
You are going to work more than 40 hours every week. Stay on top of everything and never take time off and you might make it.

The pay can be fair but they certainly are not doing things by the book.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
All else management to work load
Unstable Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
There are so many other offices and all the customer service representatives do their own thing, not because they just want to but because their supervisors are not any better.
Pros
Pto, 401K, Hour lunch
Cons
Micromanage, Managers have favorites, little to no pay raise
Don’t plan on staying for long
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2017
At first they want to have you believe they love their employees. Only to quickly have that change! Very much so a clique company! If you’re not immediate family or kissing your bosses a**, then you won’t advance any! The HR department isn’t any better, if you go to them with a complaint, they make you feel like you have no right to complain. In fact I was told “I should be grateful for even having a job” when my supervisor was doing something unethical!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Horrible management & HR department.
Ok place
Senior Claims Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Some of the management was great is all they had however the company had many customer service complainants stressful at times not enough help and not advancement in the near future
Pros
commute was not far of a drive
Cons
stressful
A mix of laid-back and quick-paced
Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Good place for students fresh out of high school or college to get work experience. The workload usually depends on the day with mondays being the most busy and fridays being the least.

Management is alright but there does seem to be a lack of communication.
Pros
pto, nice break room, gym
Cons
short lunch break
Not a good place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2017
Over 400 claims pending when I started, left with still over 200 claims; constant changes, bad management, blames the adjusters for this, people leave all the time, their pending is then spread out, takes 5-8 months to hire the new person, then someone leaves again and it just keeps going and going!
Pros
Xmas party
Cons
see above
agreeable
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 10, 2017
I learned a lot at this company and I enjoyed what I did. I met good people and I enjoyed the companies activities. this job pushed me to want better for myself and my family
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
bad communication between departments
Impossible co-workers & low morale
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Everyone was always mad about something and always dumped their load of work on you last second without even saying thank you. You always had to take the blame and clean up everyone else's mess.
Pros
Lunch breaks & my own cubicle
Cons
Constant greif from my coworker