ACCEL Schools

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Ok

Just an "ok" company still has a lot of start up issues and growing pains to resolve. Good group of people on the team, all of them work very hard for the students in their schools.

Understaffed, overworked, not valued

Poor response during COVID-19. In printed literature Accel says all the right things about how the company is responding, but in actuality no social distancing is occuring and outings in the community continue even when that exposes students and adult members to an unnecessary amount of people. It is a work environment where you will be in close contact with students and members who are unable or not required to wear masks. Due to high turnover rates, you will do the work of many and get little thanks for it. You will have no opportunity for breaks and little chance for promotion.

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

No break times, understaffed, unsafe work environment

Run, do not walk, away

I wish that the company would better serve its students socially, emotionally, academically, and financially. I also wish that it would support its teachers.

Pros

The students & teaching

Cons

Nepotism, disorganization, run like a business, constant push for enrollment, poor COVID response, condescension, tattling, lack of qualifications

High turnover rates

It’s a good place to work if you work with the right people, but due to lack of staffing you may do the work of two or three people each day. Once you advance to the third level you max out on pay with no raise or promotions. You’re only a 10 month employee which means you need to have a full time job during the summer. You get all other school holidays paid which includes fall/spring/winter breaks.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Healthcare plans hard to afford, workload is intense, less hourly pay compared to other similar places, upper management doesn’t interact with employees beneath them

Sucks

Horrible company low wages and don’t care about employees. Will always choose students and parents over staff. Will take any student for numbers regardless of the child’s past

Pros

Non

Cons

Weak money hungry company

Mission Driven Company

Company has a strong sense of purpose and is growing rapidly. Company has smart people who are working very hard to make a difference in the lives of children.

Pros

Very strong mission and viion

Cons

Demanding but rewarding

Corporate driven

Difficult to be happy in a job where there is little understanding or guidance in your department. Little value to personal knowledge or commitment to your job. Little respect on personal time (nights, weekends, vacations). Work is tedious and demanding and very little appreciation for what gets done. Highly PMO driven.

Pros

Remote options

Cons

Poor optons for Health Benefits, high expectations to give up personal time for work, long hours

Focused on enrollment above all else.

I am finally looking to leave... ACCEL has expanded significantly in the last few years, and as they grew the company mission became more focused on expansion (and revenue) instead of fixing the severe and extensive problems on many of their schools.

Pros

Has some decent results in some places, but others are left to rot

Cons

They bite off more than they can chew

Positive and productive work environment

Every day I feel a sense of purpose as I work with my district and building team towards accomplishing our goals. I feel like I get out what I put in and it encourages me to continue to do my best for and with my team. I work with a great group of people who are professional and dedicated to our school and our community. I appreciate feeling like my voice and expertise matters and to help others feel the same. I am looking forward to the upcoming years.

Pros

Professional and positive work environment

Cons

nothing significant

Typical Charter School Experience

Working as a teacher for ACCEL is hard and not necessarily rewarded. Teachers make well under what public school teachers with the same qualifications. Promotions do not seem to happen often and the ability to make more money comes at a cost to your personal life. Coaching, tutoring and other extra roles that have tiny stipends consume more time than they are worth. Upper management is constantly setting goals for schools to achieve without taking into consideration that each school they manage is different. Each year it feels like a moving goalpost in terms of what ACCEL expects us to achieve. Administrators in my building are amazing but anyone above my building principal is out of touch. Company constantly builds up hopes for the future then pulls out at the last minute to tell us to wait for next year. COVID response wasn't great. We were given disposable masks, face shields, bleach, paper towels, and hand sanitizer to keep ourselves and the students safe. I love my building coworkers and building admin but we have to fight for every little thing with the company. I love my coworkers and they have become some of my best friends. They make coming to work bearable.

Pros

family atmosphere in building, supportive building administration

Cons

very low pay, upper management is out of touch, unrealistic expectations, no work-life balance

Jobs at ACCEL Schools

See more jobs

Terrible

I made a mistake in the survey. They expect people to work at the school during COVID. Staff have had direct exposure and the administration wants to keep it quiet. They are not following federal guidelines. Someone should look into this.

Fun stablr

Good place to work at. Breaks are paid. Small classroom ratio. Great job if you are still in school. There is no room for advancement unless u become a teacher or therapist.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

High turnover

Sounds good, don't get swindled in!

You can learn from all experiences. This place needs new management. Check the turnover rate. They can't keep teachers or kids because they only care about the money.

Unethical conduct, Monarchy, Interested in making money off students, not educating them...

Former Employee/ East Cleveland. I had been an educator for many years before being offered a position here. Was hired for, what I would call an admin. position working with young teachers. However, don't be fooled by the interview process here...what you see is not what you get! Soon after I learned (from my own observations and remarks from the young teachers I worked with) : you now have lost any autonomy as a person or an educator, every tiny move you need or try to make is micromanaged by and insecure, solely business minded, "head-of-school", you are not allowed to make copies for your students (give them to the office 24 hours in advance if you want any,) teachers manuals given however somehow no books for students, through some of my teachers I found they were told they weren't allowed to attend specific meetings for students with parents (this action is not allowable by law) teachers have no support, you cannot get into the main office to even get to your mailbox unless they unlock the door for you to enter, you must sign in and wait and sign out in a line at the end of the school day, was so bad there that over one break 4 teachers never returned, no warning, just never came back, even subs finally stopped coming there, glorified maintenance person was placed in middle school room for days at a time, and to keep order just played the music they liked all day, testing was not conducted ethically from start to finish. If you love being an educator, or are a young teacher just out of school, please do not apply to this place. Take something else until you -

Pros

Cons

Worse

Reviews

It's a charter school management company so you are paid well below what you would make at a district. You know that going in, but it still bothers you.

Pros

Growth

Cons

short breaks, no break from the kids, dirty buildings

Coworkers were great

I had nonstop pay problems. This company withheld a whopping $500 a month for STRS. From one year to the next, my take home pay decreased by about 50 percent because my wage rate was adjusted by the company. DONT TRUST FOR-PROFIT CHARTER SCHOOLS.

Stay Far Far Away

While the employees at the school level were very hard working and dedicated, the management company, Pansophic Learning, ate them alive. The management company cares about making money at the expense of students, teachers and families. Those at the very top of the corporate structure are misinformed, unknowledgable and yet still have the power to make questionable and disastrous decisions based on misinformation. It is a frenzied circus at this company with no clear direction. Each day is a disaster and a struggle to survive. They are corporate bullies who are ruining the education of thousands. Everyone at Pansophic Learning points fingers and likes to deflect blame from themselves. Instead of discussing real solutions to real problems, they like to spend time in meetings throwing as many as they can under the bus. Read all the reviews. Do NOT subject your career to this company. You will woefully regret your decision.

Pros

The school level employees were good, hard working people with a heart for students.

This company is horrible

This company is a joke. All they care about is getting numbers. They expect you to go above and beyond for them but don’t give you anything in return. The VP of marketing hangs out after hours with her 2 favorite MM. (all white of course). The pay is low. They don’t care about you as an individual. Don’t come to this company.

Cons

I wish there was a lower rating!! Very racist company !!

Stay far away way from this company!! If you care about yourself and have ANY morals RUN FAST!!! This company is ran by Evil individuals who only care about money!!! You will be asked to jump through hoops and be a trapeze artist along with being BACKSTABBED. This company does not care for anyone!! The main priority is to make sure the CEO is able to take money from the education system

Pros

Cons

Nasty rat infested buildings!! Devils in Education!!!

Horrible company do not work for them

This company has HORRIBLE Management and HR. They are very racist and bias. PLEASE DO NOT work for this company. it may seem nice and all when you hire but they will use you and then let you go!!!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!!!!!!!

Pros

kids

Cons

Terrible mgmt

Very biased environment

Management does not give employees the tools necessary to succeed at their job. Learning environment are archaic with no willingness from management to improve them. Facilities are constantly dirty and the overall cleanliness of the buildings are deplorable. Cafeteria closets where the food is kept are full of mouse and rat feces. Bathrooms have racial and vulgar words and/or depictions of adult-themed pictures on the walls. When this was brought to the attention of management, staff was told, "There is nothing we can do about it".

Cons

Cleanliness, overall racial tone of staff and management, lack of communication from management, deceitful attitudes of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCEL Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5