Accent Food Services logo

Accent Food Services Employee Reviews

Lunches once a month

Featured review

Accent Food Services selected this as a representative review
Management easy going (flexible). As long as you come to work and do your job they leave you alone. We have a new HR member AC, she is amazing, she cares about the associates, very friendly and helpful. If you come to work everyday and do your job you get .50 cents increase every month. You can always count in getting your full 80 hours and some OT. Warehouse not climate control. when is cold outside is cold inside.

Most unprofessional company ever

Overall the company only really cares about making money, employees are expendable. The management plays as if they care when in all actuality they just want the work done and that’s it. Don’t expect to get off at decent times.

Pros

Pay is decent, and benefits

Cons

Your only important to the company until your replaceable

Worst company

I’ve been with accent 4 years as a route driver, worst company I’ve ever worked for, I’ve consistently worked here 4 years without no raise whatsoever. I voice my concern and the mangers will overlook everything you say, all they care about is getting product out. They pick n choose who they give the bigger load too so if your not there favorite then you’re going to face a horrible job experience. Bottom line don’t work here, if you care about your job appreciating you then this Isn’t it.

Pros

Cons

The whole job

Temp Agency Warehouse Worker

Honestly, I don't understand why the ratings are so low. If anything, I will say that clear, concise labeling can make all the difference when working in a place that has huge inventory. Anyone can get hired on without fear of slowing down production if inventory and staging placement is clearly (in big, bold print) displayed. This will also ensure that the customers are receiving exactly what they asked for. I'm saying this after working only one day. If you have an eye for these types of things, it doesn't require a lot of time to come to a conclusion. The work is pleasant and the people are friendly. Organization in the warehouse will take them over the top.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Haven't been there long enough to give any

Be prepared to be Sold a lie.

Trust me, Management only cares about getting product out. Youll work 10-16hrs a day.. Sounds great until you realize They will lie about the salary and promise to fix your pay but won't. Beware!!!! You have been warned

Pros

Free snacks, meeting people

Cons

Salary Pay, Management, Disorganized

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great place to work if you prefer a laid back atmosphere.

As a OCS driver the day started early and ended early.The decision makers at my stops were kind and fun to be with and seeing them was rewarding.The company vehicle had issues with no toll tag and flagged for no back bumper license plate.Everybody liked to work with each other and helped others when needed.I was doing great until Covid -19 hit in March which in turn ruined all office business demand for coffee.

Pros

Free coffee and snacks

Cons

Always out of coffee products such as sugar, cream and cups.

Management issues

Management is always changing. Communication issuesFriendly staff but no set goalsGreat hours and salary is good. I do beleive it changed after COVID

Good place with management who you could trust

I loved being a driver for Accent. I was able to start early and be done before lunch time. The management there was good and and trust worthy. They were guys who understood your concerns and problems, because they was out in the field too. I would have loved to come back but covid killed my route.

Pros

Hours and pay

Cons

Sometimes truck maintenance

Needs lots of improvement

I've been with Accent for over a year. I have not ever been properly trained for my position. We have let go many employees and not replaced anyone. Leaving it to where we are loaded with more tasks.If I didn't live so close and the schedule wasn't as good as it is. I would have left months ago.

Pros

Schedule is Monday- Friday

Cons

Too much to count.

You will scratch your head a lot, work does not run smoothly like it should.

Bottom line if you value your time and skill set do not work here. Things change a lot and not for the good.You will work a lot of hours and almost no over time pay.They will say your doing a good job then later let you go.There are always issues and rarely are fixed , just come in do your job and go home like a good worker ant. Keep track of your hours and pay, they will not hesitate to keep what you have worked.This company is like that shiny used car, looks and sounds good till you get it home and start driving it.The company has potential , they just need to cut out the bruised spots which cause the high turn over rates.Too much favoritism and not enough calling out on the big problems. Lastly hope they get rid of the infestations and the horrible smells. At first I did not believe all the reviews, now I wish I had. Thought this would be the step in a good direction, silly rabbit tricks are for kids. Good Luck.

Pros

Some good co-workers, some times a good lunch. Benefits not bad.

Cons

Management, equipment, pay and your time.

Jobs at Accent Food Services

See more jobs

Slave work

Work-life balanceNo work life balance. You spend most of your day at work. It's salary, so there's no overtime.Pay & benefitsBenefits are great. Pay looks good on paper. It's salary. But when you start working up to 17 hour days, you might as well he working for minimum wage.Job security and advancementPoorly managed. High turnover. Dangerous trucks. Some shouldn't be on the road.ManagementManagement cares nothing about the drivers. They put drivers in poorly maintained and dangerous trucks. Management only cares about squeezing as many hours as they can out of drivers because they know they're not paying overtime.CultureOther than management, staff was great. Great time with co workers.OverallLook forward to working upwards of 17 hours. Management doesn't care about the work load. Only the customers. Some trucks are dangerous and shouldn't be on the road.

All about driving profit for shareholder

Work-life balanceThe front line work extended hours without extra pay. Upon Covid everyone is disposable, no loyalty to long term employee.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Accent Food Services are resonableJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Accent Food Services, I think everyone is disposable, no loyaltyManagementIn general, managers at Accent Food Services , most are overworked and don't have time manage direct reportzCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Accent Food Services is , doesn't existOverallMy experience working at Accent Food Services was disappointing

Accent communication

This communication offers little yo no communication, little to no advancement opportunities and they laid off A bunch of people AND cut our pay during the pandemic but gave us more work. They are terrible.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Bad management and communication

Overall company

Please don’t waste your time applying or working for this company it’s HORRIBLE. They will overwork you and expect you to get it all done. No appreciation,or communication, it’s every man for himself. Corporate constantly gives unrealistic expectations.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Weekends off

Nice Branch

I enjoy working at the Farmer Branch Location. Management are supported. Like any other place you have coworkers that don't want to work and complaint for everything. If you like work and be open to changes, then this is the place to work.

Good thing about this company is its job

This company is very unloyal to their employees it is a very stressful place to work daily change I work there a year and a half three different supervisors came and quit one supervisor work one day and quit ,I also saw warehouse mangers give up on the job go home and leave dock workers still working .the regional manager is a great guy through it all he has other co workers he is loyal to that he should consider letting off for the better of the company but for that reason the company will be the same. Equality is not a word at this job relationship with upper management is the way to succeed laugh a corny joke smile when thing are horrible act as if the decisions being made are correct you’ll make it to the top. A few undercover racists people in upper management. This job those not like Hispanic people only two in the whole warehouse wow .. this is not a place to start a future there’s no job security they make it evident that the driver position is the most important job do not work in the warehouse they treat the warehouse worker like slaves they work them in out daily and find ways to cut the hours and pay em less as they can if you decided to work a accent driver position is the only position a hard worker should be in this company

Pros

Free water

Cons

Small company easy to impress

More work, less pay. It's really your problem.

"family time is important." Well only if you're a member of upper management. "We provide competitive pay", you will never see a raise, and will be ignored if you request one. They continuously ask you to take on more work and responsibility, but refuse to pay you for it, citing that it is in your job description, and will not supply you with a written version of job duties and responsibilities.You are asked to work longer days at the drop of the hat, but you are told to go home at the end of the week as to not pay you overtime. Asking off for your vacation time is a feat like no other.There are no protections for taking breaks as an hourly employee, not to mention the glaring OSHA and Health code violations.PTO system was suddenly changed in the middle of the year with no warning, and employees were effectively told the PTO they had was none existent, so sorry. Working here creates a disastrous, stressful life.

Pros

None.

Cons

Pay, Healthcare, Breaks, Professional environment

Warning - Stay Away

Working with the people there, you get a sense that everyone thinks they are better than you. They give most people the job of two or more so that they can sit around and chat with each other. If you aren't part of the office crowd, you're treated poorly. Gossip, yelling, and arguments are a normal part of any day. They pay you less than what you should make and try to make you matter with cheap food. HR is a joke and doesn't handle anything. They act like anyone who complains is lazy, but really it's because we work too hard. The people who aren't complaining are probably treated well and hardly have to lift a finger. Can't speak up about anything without everyone turning on you.

Awful place to work

The people hyping this place is full of it! This place is not a place you want to work It is long hours and when I say long! I have seen people in the warehouse be there from 8 in the morning to 2am at night! And if your a couple of min late they will write you up! They have a bunch of Arizona boys up there that think they know more than anyone else running it! That's a joke! The company can't even pay its bills to its own vendors!

Started as a small caring business, now its all Corporate. Management is always rotating.

Worked for the company for 5 and a half years. We went from Employee is #1 with quarterly bonus/ dinners to Shareholder matters most. Management teams rotate quite a bit with outside hires being the most troublesome. A good employee will outlast the managers. In my 5+ years I had 5 different Supervisors and 4 Branch Managers. In house promoted lasted longer than outside. Chaos seems to be what drives the good employees away. They mishandled Vovid 19 and caused pay issues for a few of us.

Not enough commission

The commission are way too low, they stop caring about the employees, and never look after you, management only care about the company making money not about you making decent amount of money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accent Food Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6