AccentCare Employee Reviews

good place to work
LICENSE VOCATIONAL NURSE / INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 19, 2019
Very busy but fun place to work . good training and ok pay. help is available when needed. administration is helpful and cares about the staff. very good nurses working there
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
ok pay
A company that promotes growth.
CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2019
I’m still working at this company, a great company to work for, specially if you live in the city.

It’s one of the best company in the health care field.
I love this company and everyone who works for it .
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2019
I’ve never been so happy and comfortable at a job. All my supervisors are beyond supportive and always are checking in to make sure I’m doing good! They always want to make sure the nurses are taken care of
I really enjoy myself work for the company accent care.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2019
Accent care was good company to work for because when i start with the company my my supervisor was missing Maryland and she was really nice to me and my client because if i had a problem she wood fix me .
RN Field Case Manager
FIELD RN, CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 10, 2019
This was my first home health company and I fell in love with home health. I loved going into patient home's, no matter the environment, and providing the best care to my knowledge. I enjoyed every minute of my time with this company and learned very valuable life long lessons.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Monthly on-call
Great experience
Careprovider (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed working with them and being able to place my skills in an area of use and add to my work history. To gain more experience as well as work ethic and help those who need it.
Pros
Easy to adjust to clients and clockins
Productive Company
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJune 7, 2019
This company promotes education for employees and clients to better the relationship and care plan. The office staff goes the extra mile to ensure that both the employees and clients are aware of policy changes and health care laws.
Fast past job that required everything to be hand-written at the time
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 5, 2019
I liked the flexibility that I had to make my own schedule and the atmosphere was overall good. The business was being bought by different companies and, at that time, things were constantly changing by people that, I felt, didn't know had a clue what all everyone did there. The hardest part of my job was finding dependable people to take care of the patients that were under my supervision and didn't seem to care.
Pros
Able to make own schedule/vacation time/sick time
Cons
Big company so felt like a number versus a person
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2019
I wouldn't work for this company there are so crazy because i had call today about my clients that she is get put out of here apartment and a week and i told them why she get put out because she didnt want to get spray for bed bugs and roaches its like the company didnt not care what i told what going on okay and they do all capellini about make more overtime what about then help us findings more client i dont think we post to work with client that have bed bugs probably and there apartment dont you think you can get and trouble by the state they said when not to post help are client but this just said on my part if was anybody dont work for this company it stuck
Cons
Read this before you work for or with them.
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2019
At the end of the day, AccentCare is trash. You'll get paid the same as someone with no training regardless of your experience. When the minimum wage was 11.50, the most they paid was 11.75 after you worked for them after a year. (But they only did that because California just raised it to 12/hr) Their benefits are trash. Their management is untrained trash. I had to call several people at their office just to get a schedule to work, to which they just kept putting it off/messing up my schedule. Definitely the hardest part of the job.

The great thing about working for them is that the job is flexible. I was going to school while working for them. I would definitely not work here if I weren't married and did had kids because even though I was making around 500 a week, in California that doesn't do anything. Another annoying thing are their "relievers" aka the person who's suppose to clock in after you. Management held no accountability over the people working under them. I would get several calls telling me that "your reliever is running 1 hour behind, would you mind staying". At first I was like "overtime=more money", but they got really annoying about it. If you tell them no you can not stay, they'll try and force you by saying "well, we need someone to stay their until the next person comes, sorry". I let that get by for awhile before I started playing their game and saying I had appointments to get to. They only pay client-to-client gas, which isn't nothing, but they sure will try to use up all your gas.

I would not recommend working here by no means necessary. They
  more... are not worth the emotional, mental, or physical distress.  less
Pros
Paid lunch-break, Flexible hours, Slow-paced
Cons
Inconsistent work weeks, Trash management, Low pay regardless of experience
flexible hours
Caregiver/Care partner (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 29, 2019
Good place to work for if you want a flexible schedule. you can take shifts you want and pick your hours. sometimes they'll have ongoing cases and will fill up your schedule into fulltime.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not applicable
Accentcare
Clinician III (Former Employee) –  not givenMay 28, 2019
Not a progressive company. Hostile takeover attitude. Clinicians are expected to do more than normal on their own. Poor benefits, not matching 401K. Lot's of stress
Pros
homecare homebase software
Cons
pay, benefits poor, PTO limited, authoritative "do this" attitude
Everything Changes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2019
As a company grows and shifts so do roles of individuals. I was sorry to leave AccentCare, but it was the best move for me and my family. It’s a fast-paced environment!
Pros
Flexibility, co-workers, pay
Cons
Executive turn around
Fun
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 26, 2019
Challanging but fun. Not hard to do. Employer is good and easy to talk to. I had no problems working for Accent Care. Sometimes I would forget to punch in but they were nice about it.
Supervisor
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXMay 26, 2019
What i learn to respect ,be honest caring do your job the be best of your ability .Work and take care of your clients enjoy what you do love what you do.
Pros
One on One with the client
Cons
Don't have no work
My personal opinion
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 24, 2019
I feel this is a pretty good company, but i feel that my skills aren't being utilized as much as i would like; i wish i had more hours and clients to attend to being responsible for, but that isn't the case here with this company.
Pros
pretty good company
Cons
Would like more hours and pay for my experience
the most enjoyable part of the job...
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 24, 2019
... was my coworkers! I absolutely loved the team of clinicians and support staff with whom I worked! The focus was always on the patient and doing what was best to help them and their family through whatever type of health and personal challenges they had.
very biased and rude Management,
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 20, 2019
The schedule for visits changed every morning, also you have nowhere to run to, because management was there to spite you, not to hear you out. Absolutely rude and no appreciation for staff (except for their favorites) Huge turnover, that should have been a wake up call for me. I should have run while in orientation. You are asked to do assignments outside your scope (if you worked for your license like I did. run further). They expect you to bow to them because they are your supervisors even when they do not have bargaining points.Been a nurse for 10 years, by far the WORST company ever. The poison is from the top. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. If you like having slave drivers for bosses, go for it, absolutely not a place I can recommend. Its their way, or the high way. Too many snitches, at every opportunity!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Rude management
Unfair Workplace
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 18, 2019
We as two offices in Redding and Corning CA. Voted to become Teamsters due to unfair work practices. Management did not come to the bargaining table with good faith, they decided to "Lay off" the entire office staff and at least 3 of the LVN/s without warning on a Friday!
Pros
Prior to new Management it was like a family
Cons
Once new Management took over, it all fell apart!
Love the patients. Love being a nurse.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Winona, MSMay 17, 2019
Patients are no longer receiving consistency, continuity of care, they are getting a different nurse every week. Scheduling dept needs help. Daily productivity is expected to remain high even when there is too much driving/mileage over a very large coverage area.
Pros
Occasional flexibility
Cons
Too much paperwork. Extremely underpaid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccentCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight