AccentCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Micro Managed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJuly 18, 2018
Management mico manages employees, always threats of punishment if certain goals are not met, or behaviors adjusted.
Not supported by management. Poor training.
Pros
unsure
Cons
threats workers with punishment if goals not met
Great job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 16, 2018
this job is great for anyone who is looking to get their foot in the door at any medical experience level. Very flexible schedule and works very well for college student
work review
Transitional Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
As a rule, expectations are for a workload to be completed in 40 hrs that would require OT on an average 2-5 hours every week. Many times there is no back up for your position when on PTO.
Horrible shady place to work
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Croton-on-Hudson, NYJune 22, 2018
I've been with them for over a year and have had every paycheck wrong. They don't pay you for your hours and when you try and get the money they owe you they fight with you. They still owe me money. They need to be shut down
Paid minimal to do tons of work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJune 21, 2018
The pay is terrible compared to other home healths or hospices. The Philadelphia office is the worst office to work for because of upper mgmt in the office.
Pros
Flexibility when you aren’t over worked
Cons
Over worked with minimal pay, on call is terrible
No pto
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 16, 2018
This company does not pay well for all the work that is required and sometimes (a lot of the time) you work over time and also you deal with a lot from the clients and their family. If you are the type of person who likes to be around a lot of people then this job s not for you. In my two years I have only meet one other employee.
But on the other hand, you do meet some interesting and nice clients. For me that kind of makes up for the low pay.
Great place to work- flexible schedule
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2018
As an employee at Accent Care I was a care provider for a diabetic and overweight client. It was my job to assist the client with daily activities that they cannot perform on their own For example; I would give this particular client rides to the grocery store, prepare her meals, perform light house keeping duties, assist her in the shower, administer her insulin according to doctor ordered doses, monitor carbs intake etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably cooking. She use to let me eat there and I get down in the kitchen so it was cool. The hardest part of the job I would say is adapting to new clients and personalities.
Pros
Free Lunch, unsupervised, did homework at work, overtime.
Cons
Sometimes you get very negative clients, one of them kept calling me the N word.
Nursing registry LVN patient care nurse
LVN (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 15, 2018
Licensed vocational nurse, patient care charge nurse, Total patient care. Level of care depended on the acuity level, eight to twelve hour shifts. Medications given various routes. Learned time management,.
Pros
At will employment
Cons
No breaks
Independent working
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYJune 13, 2018
Driving to your clients. Assuring to care for their needs. Ioot could be cooking, cleaning, driving to doctors. Everyday is different. That has its pros and cons.
it's a job
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 12, 2018
No room for advancement, office.worker have to do multiple jobs. Some places are not meant to stay to long. Especially if there is no room for advancement
Pros
you can work independently
Cons
Health benefits are horrible
Don
Administrator and Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
Promotes and hires family members to run the company, without any experience. Creates chaos unfortunately. They had no education for the staff or procedures in place.
Unorganized staff makes it hard to work for this company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 30, 2018
The scheduling crew is very disorganized and you receive text messages from them constantly. Not paid enough for the number of things required. The best thing about this job is forming connections with the clients.
Great Company to work for with Awesome people!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Accent Care has various clients with a multitude of medical needs. I recommend the San Diego location because the staff is very understanding, professional (when they need to be) and fun!
Freedom while working
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
I love my patient and she loves me. I don't work much and it flies by when I do. Management is always very friendly. I wish they paid more. This job is temporary for me.
complicated
Community Liason (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 18, 2018
I liked working there. But there was a lot of changes to my position after I started. Management kept changing, and it seems like they were always unclear of who's duties were who's.
Pros
Flexible locations
Cons
Management was unstable
Clinical Director
Primary role of Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 17, 2018
Able to balance management with private caseload per my preference for skill maintenance. Provided training for my Nurses and developed collaborative relationship with medical team on home cases. Developed Geriatric specialty for psychiatric management.
Relaxing Environment
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 15, 2018
Leadership was very approachable wiling to teach you how to successfully complete your job. Everyone worked well together; no one talked against each other; no one judged.
Pros
Manager was very nice
Cons
No cons
Too many changes every year. No continuity with management.
RN (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COMay 14, 2018
Too many hours required of each individual on salary. Never enough staff to provide the care needed. Unrealistic expecttions for staff with focus being on making referral sources happy regardless of what is best for patients or staff.
Pros
Providing end of life care to those who deserve it.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of field staff.
They exited the Phoenix, AZ market for skilled home Health soon after I started
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2018
AccentCare came to the Arizona Market wanting to get in to the largely saturated Home Health market, and I don't believe they gave the program enough time to succeed or the necessary resources to differentiate their programs to the healthcare community.
Pros
Good nursing staff and behavioral health staff.
Cons
Management did not perform due diligence in this market
Dont stay
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2018
Work here for a little while then move on, it's for the best. Client's are always sweet but the company has a hard time matching your selected hours of work with their clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccentCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight