Accentra Home Health and Hospice

Accentra Home Health and Hospice Employee Reviews

Accentra has all new management. With this new management, several people no longer work here. That's a good thing. The people who are no longer here, needed to go. I can honestly say, they were holding the company back and caused issues. The management staff before wouldn't help the field staff out but acted like they did and took credit for everything. This company is growing like crazy and they listen to the field staff. I don't mind coming to work now. We need more nurses, but other than that, I cant complain.
Pros
Freedom to make your own schedule
Cons
Need to hire more staff
Accentra home health and hospice is a friendly work environment. Each team member is willing to help each other. If its a consult on a wound or covering a patient due to the nurse being tied up for one reason or another.
The greatest part about Accentra is that I am a valued person who is apart of a team and my skills are used everyday to make me better and to make this company better. If I have an idea, those ideas are not ignored. It gives me a great sense of pride to have myself and my team know that we are apart of the company's growth and are not just another workhorse who is worked to the bone until we cannot possibly do it anymore. I have been with other companies that lose so many good people because they run their staff straight into the ground instead of valuing them for their hard work. The company is in growth mode and to some people, that looks scary but I have felt nothing but open honesty about where we are at and where we are headed. The CEO is especially open and honest about what his vision is for the company and that is something I have never witnessed before in any health field. Benefits are affordable and promised to only get better with growth, gas compensation is very nice, training is minimal but they don't seem to hire unseasoned people, job culture is fun and definitely enjoyable but no one lets you slack and I appreciate that. Work/life balance is good, which is so nice being a mom with young ones.
Pros
Workplace culture, company vision and gas compensation
Cons
Training, sales bonus
I have worked with Accentra Home Health for 2 1/2 years. They continue to grow but retain the small company feel. The "big wigs" are laid back and very approachable. From patient care to care for employees. They offer longevity bonuses, pretty good PTO accrual rates, 401K, and the health insurance is affordable.
I love working for Accentra! The company overall is encouraging, inspiring, and supportive. Management is very respectful and always welcome to outside ideas. I feel like voice is heard and my work is appreciated!
Pros
Flexible hours and good pay
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Horrible upper management with merger. No loyalty to long term employees Walk in the door and terminate with no justifiable reason other then your not in “my group” Advancements of professionals with no experience in home care. It’s a “if your my friend “ you get the job type of company. Patient care not a priority your care is based off making huge profit not your needs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Love my job and all of my co-workers and management!!! Best job ever!!! Everyone has so much positive energy and they all are a true pleasure to work with!!!
Enjoyed working with patients in their homes as well as families. however company does not back its employees. Loved the variety of care required by various patients
Management only cares about numbers on spreadsheets- not people, not patient care, not real life situations. No support offered by management. You better have your own book of business and need absolutely nothing. No collateral, no promotional materials, no encouragement, and no help.
One of the MOST horrible places I have ever worked. Minimal training, scant supplies, last minute schedule changes, late night charting, no work/home ratio at all. Say goodbye to your family if you work here. Run now and don’t even consider this place if want to keep your license. They don’t care if you can’t keep up with work load, they will just keep piling it on and guilt you into doing. RUN!!
I would not let my worst enemy work at this place. These people will stab you in the back. Do not trust anyone here. They also do not like to pay you for the hard work and dedication you do. Very long hours of charting at home taking time away from your family. It's very sad how this company allows their employees to be treated the way some of us were treated. Horrible place to work!!!!!
I have worked other HH company’s and this one takes the cake. Great leadership. Scheduler is fair and schedulers things geographically. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible, good work atmosphere, and autonomy
Cons
Oncall
Once the manager left who would control everyone , it was a okay place to work. Small office area, however no growth unless you are a nurse. The pat was decent ,however the benifits were not the best.
Accentra is excellent place to work. The owners and management team treat all their employees fair. Excellent benefits and pay. You will never find a company with the benefits that are offered with this company. Family oriented.
Pros
Benefits and Management
Wonderful environment to work in. Positive and transparent minded owners and managers. Company strives to help all of it's employees be set up for success in their careers.
Pros
Accessibility of owners and managers
I have worked in the senior care/health industry for almost 10 years, and never have I worked for a better company. The energy around the office is always positive. I feel as though management takes their time in hiring just the right people that will fit in with the fast-paced, upbeat, happy atmosphere. I feel like this company REALLY cares about their patients, and they truly live what they preach! I see myself working here for the foreseeable future!
Pros
culture, management, pay, coworkers, paid time off
Cons
Accentra was recently bought out in May 2017. Since then, this place has grown, and become an enjoyable place to work. The owners and management have been extremely nice and great to work for. They have put their trust in each of us and allow us to do our job's without being micromanaged. Staff feels like family, and I actually enjoy coming to work!
I love my job. Excellent company, values it's employee's very well, great benefits and culture, co-workers are awesome. Fast growing company with plenty of room for advancement.
Teamwork makes the dream work! This is truly displayed by everyone that works here! There is a kind and encouraging environment at Accentra that makes working here my dream job come true!
New ownership brought value to Accentra. We have grown and our Star rating and outcomes have improved tremendously since the new ownership has taken over.
Started off well then went down hill. Gives too much work not enough time to finish the work. Too much favoritism with the branch manager and employees that were hired after manager started
Pros
own hours
Cons
too much work for a days time