Accentra Home Health and Hospice

Working at Accentra Home Health and Hospice: 40 Reviews

United States40 reviews

patientcarecompanyemployeemanagementplacepeoplegood

Supportive and Positive work environment

They do not micromanage their employees, but trust them to be self accountable. Upper management provides education to promote better nursing and documentation. They remain positive and encouraging through the learning and adaptive phases that come with this type of job.

Pros

Competitive pay, positive and encouraging environment, 401K

Cons

They do not contribute to 401K

Expected to be fast and not worried about how good the patients are taken care of

Hospice Director is very hard to work for. she could care less how the patients are taken care of .it’s all about the money . how fast you can get your work done . how many patients you can get done in 40 hours with no overtime.if this company would get rid of her they actually might have a good hospice

Accentra Home Health and Hospice insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

A rare company

Excellent company to work for. Administrative team, including owner and ceo, are very approachable to all staff. Good benefits and training. An overall great work environment where employees are appreciated and rewarded for hard work and dedication. Good flexibility for work/home life balance. The only drawback to this company is they have no matching program for their 401K.

Great people and work environment

It’s wonderful to work for a company that cares about what we do—-the patients. I feel like I am making a difference and I appreciate that my voice is heard. Great company and people!

Great place to work!

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working for Accentra! Teamwork is demonstrated throughout the company daily and I know there is always someone willing to help me out when needed.

Supportive Administration

I love working for a company that truly cares for it’s patients and employees. They have been there for me every time I have needed them to be. I continue my career with this company because I believe in what we do and I’m proud to be a part of it. We go above and beyond to help our patients and their families. We ensure they get the care they expect and deserve, that is what matters to our families the most.

Pros

Flexible, friendly, fun, supportive, and pro family.

Great environment and they care about their staff but most importantly, our patients.

Great place to work! They care so much about the patients that choose to use us so they only hire people they feel will nurture the patient needs and take care of them to the best of their abilities. I would recommend working here to anyone.

Pros

Flexibility, Great management, It’s fun to work with my peers

Cons

Healthcare could be less expensive but that’s about the only negative

Wonderful Place to Work

I love working at Accentra. I feel valued and my opinions heard. It's also fulfilling to be working in an industry and at a company that makes a huge impact in the lives of patients.

Productive and caring staff!

As with any job, there will be issues, and here they are addressed in a timely manner. The opportunities to advance are there if you want to pursue them. On call of course does affect life/work balance and there is compensation for on call days/visits. The culture in the Tulsa office is open and honest communications, taking care of patients is what we do, and the current staff love their jobs and the patients/family they care for. I've been with the company for years, in 2 different cities, and both are different animals, however, taking care of people is not. Health CARE is what we do.

Pros

Caring staff and upper management

Cons

Never ending staff shortage for all healthcare

Fun work place, upper management actually care

Best place I’ve worked in a while! Staff is super friendly, upper management and CEO actually care about their employees, the patients are all terrific and thankful for our services!

Patients are great. Most office staff are great. Administration and management needs re-evaluated

Started out as a great job. Everybody was so thoughtful and helpful . Then The management would overwhelm nurses and would always give you the response of “welcome to my world“. The administration never held her accountable for anything. I hated leaving but felt I had no choice. The entire morale was not a good vibe.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Very understaffed and nurses are overwhelmed without being compensated

Avoid at all cost.

If you enjoy a company full of dishonest executives, no home life, socialist type management, greed, lack of compassion/morales, chaos, hectic schedule, performing multiple roles at once, no support, no appreciation, no leadership, no value of your worth and absolute insanity then this is the place for you.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Used to be a family place, now horrible

This place used to be a family environment. We were all here for each other. I loved coming to work. Over the last few years, this company has gone to crud only caring about money. Not about patient care, not about employees. The good ones have left and gone to other companies. Many patients followed those nursesNo raise in over 7 years after asking many times. High turnover and revolving for with staff right now. They have LITERALLY run off EVERYONE. No bath aides at all right now I hear. Poor morale, MAJOR disorder! DON'T WORK HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE IMMEDIATELY OVERWORKED.

Pros

Nice location, make your own schedule

Cons

horrible management, poor organization, short staffed

New Management / New Company

Accentra has all new management. With this new management, several people no longer work here. That's a good thing. The people who are no longer here, needed to go. I can honestly say, they were holding the company back and caused issues. The management staff before wouldn't help the field staff out but acted like they did and took credit for everything. This company is growing like crazy and they listen to the field staff. I don't mind coming to work now. We need more nurses, but other than that, I cant complain.

Pros

Freedom to make your own schedule

Cons

Need to hire more staff

Enjoyable Work place

Accentra home health and hospice is a friendly work environment. Each team member is willing to help each other. If its a consult on a wound or covering a patient due to the nurse being tied up for one reason or another.

The greatest team you could ever be apart of

The greatest part about Accentra is that I am a valued person who is apart of a team and my skills are used everyday to make me better and to make this company better. If I have an idea, those ideas are not ignored. It gives me a great sense of pride to have myself and my team know that we are apart of the company's growth and are not just another workhorse who is worked to the bone until we cannot possibly do it anymore. I have been with other companies that lose so many good people because they run their staff straight into the ground instead of valuing them for their hard work. The company is in growth mode and to some people, that looks scary but I have felt nothing but open honesty about where we are at and where we are headed. The CEO is especially open and honest about what his vision is for the company and that is something I have never witnessed before in any health field. Benefits are affordable and promised to only get better with growth, gas compensation is very nice, training is minimal but they don't seem to hire unseasoned people, job culture is fun and definitely enjoyable but no one lets you slack and I appreciate that. Work/life balance is good, which is so nice being a mom with young ones.

Pros

Workplace culture, company vision and gas compensation

Cons

Training, sales bonus

Tops in my book!

I have worked with Accentra Home Health for 2 1/2 years. They continue to grow but retain the small company feel. The "big wigs" are laid back and very approachable. From patient care to care for employees. They offer longevity bonuses, pretty good PTO accrual rates, 401K, and the health insurance is affordable.

Encouraging environment and respectful management

I love working for Accentra! The company overall is encouraging, inspiring, and supportive. Management is very respectful and always welcome to outside ideas. I feel like voice is heard and my work is appreciated!

Pros

Flexible hours and good pay

Too many incompetent chiefs

Horrible upper management with merger. No loyalty to long term employees Walk in the door and terminate with no justifiable reason other then your not in “my group” Advancements of professionals with no experience in home care. It’s a “if your my friend “ you get the job type of company. Patient care not a priority your care is based off making huge profit not your needs.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

I absolutely love this company and all of the positive energy, I would highly recommend working for Accentra!

Love my job and all of my co-workers and management!!! Best job ever!!! Everyone has so much positive energy and they all are a true pleasure to work with!!!

home health

Enjoyed working with patients in their homes as well as families. however company does not back its employees. Loved the variety of care required by various patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accentra Home Health and Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits