Play YouTube video button
Information from Accenture:

Accenture Employee Reviews

United States4,390 reviews
Found 4,390 reviews matching the search
This is a great organization to work for if you are willing to put the time in. I was employed here on a contract to rebuild an enterprise channel partner organization.
Pros
Payscale
Cons
Very long work hours
Experience from day 1 was wonderful and enjoyable. There were long hours during cut over periods, but nothing unexpected. The discipline to do the right things right was a common practice and fostered a good learning foundation for job progression. Best admiration achieved was when clients respected our team and common practices we bought to the table. Success in Win's, final deliverables, and product satisfaction was a rewarding experience during my tenure.
Pros
Everything you needed was available or could be made available for you to be successful.
Cons
Having to reside within 90 mins of an office, Most work was out of town and all was outside the office.
The actual management within each team is great, but upper management is terrible. It's obvious they don't care about you and they make things as complicated as possible within the job. Definitely would not recommending working for Accenture.
benefits
Cons
everything else
I have to say all in all except your gives you a purpose. It allows you to use your inventive this to create your own goals, and then pays you well with bonuses when you achieve these goals.
Pros
The feeling of self-satisfaction when you complete your goals
Cons
That I no longer work there.
Accenture is such a big company that upper management isn't awear of poor perfomance of middle and lower level managers. Career growth is almost impossible.
Pros
standard hours
Cons
bad management, no growth
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company really molded me in my chosen career path. Sent me to a lot of training, amd made sure I am applying all of my learnings in my project. Make sure you experience to work here.
Pros
Benefits, Trainings, Great Projects
Cons
Salary not at par with other company, Long working hours
Fitness center, lots of vendors in cafeteria, professional office environment, fun activities in office. work life balance is something still need to be worked upon by consulting firms in India.
Pros
good cafeteria and professional work environment
Leadership do not take kindly feedback from experienced team members -- unless the individual is a MD or above. At Accenture disagreement is viewed as disrespect -- not a healthy discussion to either come to consensus or collaboration.
Great learning location but low pay. There was some nepotism, an uncle/nephew thing so I had one bad boss but overall this was one of the best roles I’ve had.
CON’S
First of all, the job they are offering during interviews is most likely not the job you are going to find in reality. Starting from the job title in the contract - which for me was Customer Service Clerk, instead of HR BPS, and continuing with the job tasks & responsibilities, which can change from one day to another, in the name of "flexibility".

Always asked not to work overtime, but never had the actual time to complete tasks during working hours. Receiving email updates at 11 pm with actions required for the next morning.

A culture of fake. False promises - such as the promise of transparency or of fairness; fake openness to address individual performance issues - like encouraging employees to come forward with their concerns, then punishing them for it; or asking employees for their opinion, then rejecting that opinion as a form of "complaining".

Firing employees in order to cover for failures in project planning and people management - such as flawed team & leadership communication, confusing role assignments, a constantly changing work overload , stressful last minute decisions and unreasonable deadlines - members of the team have been driven to burnout and/ or severe stress symptoms and effects.

Workplace bullying as leadership daily style.

Continuous negative criticism and intimidation as motivators for the individual performance.

When I followed the company internal guidelines and asked for the intervention of my career counselor and for clarification of roles and responsibilities, I was promised that conditions will improve. 3 days later, I was fired
 - more...
Pros
- I can't think of any good reason to work at Accenture, unless, of course, you are starving to death and/or no one else would hire you.
Cons
Please see above
Can’t complain. It is the one of the best companies I have worked with.
They do offer free food and other benefits as well.

It has personally helped me develop some skills!
Accenture advocates for a great work life balance but does not have many opportunities for growth. Middle management doesn't focus on building team morale, team building or advancement. If you're looking for a place to grow, increase skills or certifications this is not it.
I worked for Accenture for 5 years and I can say that I was proud of the company! Accenture was very nice to me and gave me opportunities and challenges to rise and shine.
Pros
Fast pace, great place to learn and grow
Cons
Constant change and constant travel
Good work place culture
Good opportunities

Effective Management

Proper Work-life balance

Can learn new technologies

Most of certifications are reimbursed
I was contracted through BCForward. Working at Accenture was a dream come true. My manager was the most understanding and supportive person I have every met. My only issue was how we lost our contract for the project. other than that if I could still work here I would.
Accenture is a great place and I had great colleagues. I could add some extra stuff to my resume as I learnt new technologies as I got a chance. The work life balance is good. The management is descent.
Since the first day I felt such a good connection with this work environment due to the good politics that they have implemented.
When I was hired at Accenture, I was told that travel would be limited to the east coast due to a concentrated effort to increase business in this region. This lasted about four months before I was required to fly to the west coast biweekly for client work. I wouldn't have minded the travel if my boss provided any support, encouragement, and was a team player rather than a "player." I liked working at Accenture, but after dealing with an incredibly bad boss I decided to leave. I left the boss and not the company. Three months after I left Accenture, my boss was fired for several reasons. Had I known this before I left, I would have continued my career at Accenture.
Great benefits, salary a little lower than the rest of the market but makes up for it with work life balance. Flexible hours is great especially if you have a family or if you have an appointment.
The culture at Accenture is antiquated where the consultant is responsible to source their own contract and get staffed. There is a portal of sorts which list the open positions based on your location, pay grade and required skills. As a recent grad or someone with limited experience (lower pay), getting staffed is easier since your hourly rate is much lower than an experience hire.

It is up to the employee to build their own network of Accenture contacts to help find your next engagement. There are staffing coordinators who 'assist' the consultant with staffing but they simply pass you resume along and do not actively look for roles.

Of course in the day of compressed schedules and tight budgets, projects are staffed local first (which makes sense), hourly rate and lastly skills. So Engagement Managers want the cheapest resource who is willing to work long hours (weekends included) without compensation and without complaints. The Engagement Managers are compensated by their ability to bring a project in on time and on budget which results in a dog eat dog world where you are really on your own most of time.

If you are staffed on an engagement and fail to meet any deadline you will get rolled off and thrown under the Accenture bus.

Micromanagement is standard and excepted through out the company. Emails, as an example must be approved prior to sending to the client.
Accenture is a great company to work with in the consulting business. Strongly recommend working with them. But it could depend on the team and managers you work with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accenture. Our community is ready to answer.
6.9K
8.2K
3.5K
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.