Accenture logo
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100Average

Accenture Employee Reviews

Found 4,681 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,748 reviews

Fast Paced organization

This is a great organization to work for if you are willing to put the time in. I was employed here on a contract to rebuild an enterprise channel partner organization.

Pros

Payscale

Cons

Very long work hours

Supportive management

The job will vary greatly depending on the company so the impression I got from Accenture was limited. I like that their HR and IT department is easy to contact and they treat you like a customer. Management is supportive, and you do feel cared about. If a contract ends for any reason they'll try their best to place you elsewhere.

Very busy at times

It was a great experience working there. I learned something new every day. I was able to use past experience and learn new ones along the way. You can advance and move around to learn more in the company.

Pros

Great people and environment.

Cons

Days can be long sometimes.

Excellent company

Very good company for individuals who just started their career , but after staying for a couple of years you'll eventually notice that you just keep on doing the same work over and over again and no sign of promotion or career advancement.

Pros

Stress-free work, Work-life balance, Bonuses

Cons

Slow career advancement

Great place to grow and learn

As you go from client to client, you learn a lot about the different work environments, different approaches to tech, new tech that you haven't used before, and overall a diverse experience in terms of day to day operations. They provide a lot of training and certification help and challenge you to improve your skills. They encourage you to learn and grow and as long as you do honest work and represent the company well at client sites, you'll get a decent raise and bonus at the end of the year.Once you start getting into management and want to move up higher, it seems you have to do more than just doing well at the client site. You have to do more in terms of improving the company internally like hosting learning session, writing blogs, participating in side projects (which are actually really cool), etc. This could be a drawback or a benefit depending on what you like, but it could result in working more than a standard 40 hour work week.

Pros

Challenges and encourages you to improve, Diverse work experience, Awesome performance bonuses and raises, Decent work/life balance, Ownership of your career

Cons

Have to do extra to move up past a senior engineer level, Must always be cognizant of client perception, huge company can make you feel like a fish in the ocean, diverse work experience can be a con too

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

easy, boring, stable

decent job pretty easy not much advancement potential and the constant surveys from corprate were kind of annoying i did get some help from my superior to help out a team i was interested in

Diversity

Cool place to work! Awesome work family. Give great gifts & care about the employees. Sometimes the work can be overwhelming, but team leaders find ways to make it run smoother.

Engaging, dynamic, collaborative, inclusive and fair workplace

Best company I ever worked for. I work with a team of proactive, intelligent, fun and great human beings. Management and leadership are always attentive to their employees. Great relationship with clients.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Complex system for career growth

Some managers are not really comprehensive.

Company rocks, they do try to do things the good way, at least when I started(about 8 years ago), but lately they been taking some actions which crashes with original culture.

Pros

Working remotely due to pandemic

Cons

When you are not assigned to a project they take long to assigned you to a new one.

Good

It seems good intially but kater it is not that gokd, poor management, poor hike, everything is poor here, wveryone is leaving the company not good no good team members

Jobs at Accenture

See more jobs

low salary no overtime pay

management prioritizes onshore clients. always says yes even tho the employees are already overwhelmed with so many workloads. they time your processes and sometimes that's not accurate because every case is different. they don't pay the employees well.

Good place to get your feet wet in software development pool.

Learned a new technology framework and did so under a fairly well developed SDLC process. Opportunities to move around company are there. Projects vary.

Pros

Great place to learn.

Cons

Initial pay low.

Good for connections. Experience varies

This is a great company for kids straight out of college. Great way to quickly build connections. Workload really depends on your project and client. I know people who work all of three hours a week whereas my projects have consistently taken upwards of 11-12 hours a day.

Pros

Office events, Espp, clear promotion hierarchy

Cons

Questionable work life balance

Terrible culture toward experienced hires

Leadership treats new experienced hires poorly. So called career counselors are rude and quickly put one on an island. Immediate manipulation and game playing environment. Worst mistake of my career.

Pros

Benefits and Pay are good

Cons

Toxic culture, disingenuous interactions, manipulative behavior

Great starter job for experience, but don't count on getting paid your worth or advancing

Pay is not competitive, however if you need a starter job to put on your resume its not a bad starting point. The job security is nice, in my experience it takes a lot to get someone fired, however, you are unlikely to advance in your career within this company. Your experience will be entirely dependent on your management. I have experienced some of the best and some of the worst managers while at Accenture so it can be a toss up. Most people get hired with a referral, and the management can play favorites a lot.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

No room for advancement

Work vs Life - round 1

They pay you well and you learn a lot, but kiss your family goodbye for months at a time. Great place to start before you have a family, but after that if you have not made it into Management you might want to look elsewhere.

Pros

Good benefits, decent PTO bank.

Cons

Using that PTO and not getting forever behind...

Great Place to Work if You Want to Work Hard and Advance

I really love Accenture. Great place to grow as a consultant no matter what level you are at. Learning iterative methodologies is great, and it helps to be among those practicing them!On the bad side - it is very siloed. You will be in a region typically and if you are not working in that region they will try to pull you back. Even if that means leaving a role you like for one that is not a good fit.

Pros

Plenty of PTO, supportive colleagues, excellent mentors

Cons

Clients can overwork you, you may get pulled off good assignments to meet some leaders numbers

It was very stressful and I did not receive the training that was necessary.

I was in training for three weeks with no credentials so I was not able to get paid until a month after I started to work. And then when I brought it up to the managers they fired me.

Diverse workforce and a lot of opportunities

I had a solid 3 year tenure at Accenture Federal Services. They have a lot of contracts with many roles. The biggest downside is the below market pay as an entry-level analyst.

Pros

Benefits, diverse workforce

Cons

Entry level pay

found me a project quickly

Had a team lead that definitely cared for all of us. Seemed like the upper level of management didn’t care as much and just wanted us to meet requirements for the day with no excuses.

There's good... but work yourself to death to find it

I work within accenture strategy and I do not at all recommend it. You have to network to get staffed on projects and you are evaluated based on the percent of time that you are on staffable work, but it's hard to get staffed on things that you care about. Leadership doesn't care about people either

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accenture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

7.2K
8.4K
3.6K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight