Acceptance Insurance Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for.
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 27, 2019
High turnover of management, constantly bringing in new people to shake things up but instead making it even worse. I dont feel I have job security there.
Pros
Cons
terrible management
February 15, 2019

We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss things further. We encourage you to reach out to Human Resources to discuss your experience with management and the lack of job security you're feeling. We value each of our employees and what you all bring to the table and we hope you feel that appreciation.

Productive Workplace
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Great insurance products. Pay is good, better than most insurance companies in the city. Bonus money ready to be made.One thing the company is missing is marketing, from which I helped with, but requires improvement. Really think this company is great, they have great ethics according to helping clients in their needs, they dont over charge like other companies, prices are always reasonable.
Pros
Bonus, Trainning, Affordable insurance
February 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoy your job and enjoy serving your customers every day. We are excited about the 2019 marketing plan and look forward to seeing what your Regional Manager has in store for you!

Love the job but location manager is not great
Sales agent (Current Employee) –  AlJanuary 14, 2019
This company is a great company to work for. My only issue is with my managing agent. When I ask how to do something I get a rebuttal of either “I’m only going to show you once” or he acts like he didn’t hear me. I’ve had jobs that are definitely tougher so I will not let this defeat me but rather make me better and always remember not to treat someone else the way I’ve been treated.
Pros
Meeting clients and building relationships
Cons
Lack of communication from MA
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you love working for the company but we are concerned about your experience with your MA. Please feel free to speak to your District Manager or Human Resources about your experience so that we can work to improve your experience.

Great work environment
Appraisal Support representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoy coming to work each day. My co workers are great & to me this is the best thibg about a job having a great place of work. i have been referring several of my friends to this awesome company.
January 16, 2019

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that you love your job and that you're referring your friends to come work with us!

Appraisal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
Great place to work. I can not complain. I have had terrible jobs in the past and it was all due to management. This job & the my management and team are great!!!
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that your team and management are great!

fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GADecember 31, 2018
On a typical day i would make outbound phone calls to customers to acquire payments and to make sure they were satisfied with the product.In my opinion the hardest part of the job was the retention aspect. There were numbers we needed to meet on a daily basis we would constantly get calls from our managers making sure we were trying to meet the daily numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of being able to help customers with their car insurance needs.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Daily calls from managers to meet numbers
January 3, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to have been a part of your career and wish you the best.

Acceptance:professional setting, skill growth, reasonable hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2018
A terrific organization that continues to grow profitability. Opportunities are available in Nashville home office and throughout 350 field stores. Strong training to build your skills via leadership. Reasonable office hours, especially compared to traditional store retail. Base pay with additional pay for performance opportunities.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. We're happy to hear that Acceptance was a good fit for you and that we were able to provide the training that helped build your sales skills. We're happy to have been part of your career path and wish you the best in your career!

ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2018
It was an okay place to work. They did not train very well, and were not good at helping out when you had questions or concerns regarding things you should already know.
December 5, 2018

We appreciate your feedback regarding our training and your experience. We are currently working to improve training for our team members and we are excited to see how it helps them reach their goals.

it was great until new management took over
Office Manager/Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 2, 2018
I was with the company for about 9 years and worked my way up from a CSR to a office manager where I still trained new CSRs. I loved my job until new management took over and things changed rapidly.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
December 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing 9 years with us! We appreciate all that you did for our team and we hate that we were unable to continue the relationship after the management change. We wish you the best in your career!

Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Great Company to work for, They offer great benefits, Your work schedule is pretty much stable having every Sunday off with floating off days Tuesday-Thursday
December 5, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate all that you do!

Run
PROPERTY DAMAGE II ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2018
Not a good company to work for, No real trainers, old systems, and turn over rate. When you walk in you are stressed. More like a call center than a clams office.
October 15, 2018

We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way and we'd love to learn more about your personal experience. Please feel free to reach out to Human Resources at your convenience to discuss what steps can be taken to improve your work experience.

Very little structure
P&C AUTO INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
Never felt like i was taught how to properly write a policy which led to angry customers and a stressful workplace. The district manager was great, however he was primarily in California so I did not get the chance to learn from him much.
October 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you felt like your training was not what it should have been and we will use your feedback to improve. Please feel free to reach out to us directly to discuss any concerns regarding your experience.

Productive fun work environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2018
Acceptance insurance is a great insurance company to work for great learning opportunities as well as moving up within the company’.Great benefits as well.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
October 15, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that your experience was a positive one!

Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 21, 2018
Very productive work environment with a friendly team oriented atmosphere. Customer Service is priority. Compensation for work related to travel is also a plus.
October 18, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback! We appreciate you and all that you do!

Great company, friendly workers.
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  United statesSeptember 3, 2018
I’ve seen a lot of changes with Acceptance Insurance after working with the company over 19 years. Everyone always worked together as a team. Friendly co-workers and enjoyable to go to work. Great Opportunities for advancement. Our office in Lombard closed in July, options were to transfer to Florida or Nashville Now I’m looking for a new company to grow with.
October 15, 2018

First and foremost, we want to say thank you for your years of service. We truly appreciate all of your hard work and the fact that you spent over 19 years with us. We're thankful for the kind words regarding your time here and the team. We wish you nothing but the best in your career and we're happy to have been such a big part of it.

Great postion. Awsome manager. Locations isn't ideal, but great for traffic!
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 31, 2018
Typically we would run smoothly. I had a great main manager. My only criticisms would be, high management needs to work on communication and urgency of what needs to be done.
Pros
Great co-workers/manager, free lunch
Cons
Need more time to read that much, old trainings, old computers, bad communication
October 15, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing not only the positives to your experience but also the things we could do to improve. Your feedback will help us make Acceptance an even better place to work.

Good company to work for, terrible customers
Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 27, 2018
On a typical day, agents deal with at least one dissatisfied customer or more. The customers that have insurance here have no concept of what insurance is or how it works. It is a daily struggle to explain company policies and state/company rate increases to customers.
The management I worked under in Georgia is the best management I could ask for. You have to try your best to hit goals and ask for help in areas you are lacking. As long as you do what you are asked, the management is there to help and encourage you, not bring you down for not being able to reach goals.
Managing agents get paid well as long as you hit goals. To hit goals you must meet local standard agents and work hard for referral business. Retention of customers is a good concept but sometimes seems to be impossible. This is because the client base is people who don't understand how important maintaining active insurance is, which is mind-blowing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and the freedom to market in your town how you feel it is best effective. There are days you feel that you have really helped a customer get a lower rate and better coverage. Then a few months later that customer turns on you for some reason or another, and you have to calm them down and explain how insurance works.
A concerning part of working for this company is they change the pay scale for agents yearly. I believe it has changed four times in the past five years. With it constantly changing you never know what the next year will hold for you. They send out spreadsheets with the commission dollars of what you've
  more... sold and how much of it you get paid, but its all in code and none of the agents really understand it.  less
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Flexible with time off, Challenging goals
Cons
Rude customers, Inconsistent pay scale
October 15, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing such valuable feedback with us. We appreciate hearing your thoughts on working here and can use what you have shared to improve the experience for our team members. We do serve an underserved market and it is common for our customers to be unfamiliar with their coverage or how the claims process works. We take great pleasure in being able to educate our customers throughout the process and we're thankful to have agents who love to do just that. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. We wish you the best in your career!

good place
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2018
good place, friendly people, good pay, with bonus, good vacation, overall good company to work for, normal business hours weekend and holiday off, give them a 10
October 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate you and all that you do!

Don't Do It
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  nashville, tnJuly 11, 2018
There's a reason they're always recruiting. They can't keep anyone. They breathe down your neck constantly. If someone dislikes you they can get you fired in a heartbeat with a lie and no one checks it out. Management is arbitrary and cold. Do yourself a favor and keep on walking.
Pros
location isn't too bad
Cons
no independence, no trust
October 15, 2018

We're sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one and we would love to hear more about it. Please feel free to reach out to Human Resources directly to discuss your concerns.

No Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 28, 2018
Worked my way up to an agent from the call center but there seems to be no where to advance from this position. The pay rate is low for what is expected of you as an agent
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a pay structure that is based on performance and we are always happy to provide any training or support to help you feel more confident about the work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acceptance Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.