Acceptance Insurance Employee Reviews

Run
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 19, 2018
Please do not I repeat do not do it. This company works on a buddy system and if you are not a part of the cliques then you are being used. No advancement. They change their pay scale every year to avoid paying their agents. Please if you are reading this. Don’t do it!!!!
Pros
Cons
The Job
Work work work
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 16, 2018
The company itself is awesome some of the upper management can be a headache. Lots of outside marketing, phone marketing, required monthly events, lots of busy work.
Pros
NOW we get every other Saturday off
Cons
Busy work, lack of communication, some managemnt styles, out of pocket monthly events
unorganized poor managment
Ca - Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 14, 2018
acceptance is very unorganized they constantly chage the pay rate as well as company rules. There is very little family work life ratio unless you are in a managment position.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
schedules poor upermanagment
Very busy, fast pace
Clerical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2018
The most enjoyable thing about working at Acceotance is the coworkers, the absolute best people, always so friendly. Management at Acceotance is great always willing to help out in anyway and always willing to listen to new ideas. I personally got a lot of experience I got working in an office and call center. They aren't afraid to train people with little to no insurance experience. The hardest part I would have to say is claim volume, that's something I would always here the adjusters talk about.
Bated and Switched
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2018
The job add said inbound sales no outbound calls. When you hit the floor you find out due to the lack of inbound calls there are telemarking calls they expect you to make on an outbound basis. No real structure and many policies that are half-baked. The atmosphere is generally very miserable as no one wants to work there. Turn over is rampant the average person quits between 3 to 6 months as soon as they figure out they were lied to, to get them in the door.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, office politics, constantly lied to.
Opportunities to Learn
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 4, 2018
Acceptance Insurance has provided me with many opportunities to continue learning in my field. I am encouraged to attend professional meetings in order to keep up with current technologies.
Salary has changed
Agent - Duties (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2018
Salary has changed since I worked there. They have increased the pay and the bonuses. Bonuses are based on store performance. Not individual performance
Acceptance Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2018
To work With Acceptance Insurance...LOVED IT!!!!
I worked under 5 different agents as a team. We may of had our differences but at the end of it all we were a team.

Acceptance Insurance Company knows and understands their employees also understand the meaning of family. The company will send you to school to advance your knowledge to do the job effectlvily and timely.

I would highly recommend Acceptance Insurance to anyone interest and serious about having a great career. Do to life events I would have never left the company.
Horrible management makes work dreadful
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 8, 2018
I would still be working at acceptance if not for the manager of the office. Stated we had to develop personal relationships while operating as robots. I feel it was a personal attack at my character since I'm a working father who is African American mix and sometimes shows compassion at our insureds problems. Stated my behavior was not acceptable however if you go on Google reviews customers always gave me high praise. Being a male insurance agent in a office with 2 women with complete sexism it's impossible to not blow up. Why was I hired if we're expected to act like robots?
Pros
1 hour lunch. (Only if fully staffed) unlimited pto.
Cons
Work Saturdays being the only company open! Horrible management at Farmington.
Call Center Great..Retail needs help
Auto Insurance Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 28, 2018
I was at Nashville call center for a year and a half. Great environment and wonderful people to work with and for. Went to retail side, and was a bit disappointed. No real sales help with good advertising. Managers were unable to be much of assistance, because they didn't have to have a property and casualty license.
I would consider trying employment at the call center again.
Pros
Had neat events for employees
Cons
Healthcare package was too expensive..Retail management needs improvement.

Want to know more about Acceptance Insurance?

Ask a question
Great Company
General Lines Agent Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. The company has a great benefit package. As most insurance companies they are closed on Holidays and Sundays. Our day consisted of assisting our customers' with the best Insurance Package for their needs.
Worst company to work for.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
This company does not care if you have a family. They work you long hours. It’s not worth it. Management(dm and rm) do not care about the employees. No vacations are allowed during holidays.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful day
Was a great place to work at first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMarch 19, 2018
I worked here for 10 years. It started out with great management, family oriented and an overall great environment.

New management came in and ruined the morale.
the people make for an enjoyable time at work
Licensed Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2018
I don't have any issues at this time. My supervisor is amazing and the team I work on can't be beat. My V.P is amazing and my hours are suitable for my personal life and responsibilities.
Great work place. Team spirit and Fun.
Agent/Claims Subrogation Specialists (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 14, 2018
Different Departments working hard to complete a full circle. The Managers were helpful and everyone gets along. The company has gatherings outside of work occasionally and all is welcome.
Pros
If you want to relocate to Tampa, FL or Nashville, TN it is great!
Cons
Illinois Office Closing Down
Decent job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 9, 2018
Insurance was a decent field to work in. I enjoyed the pay, the tasks were pretty simple to complete with the exception of a few complicated cases here and there. Be prepared to work alone because they push agents to do a lot of outside marketing so one agent will be out putting up tearsheets and signs while the other is in the office. You will have to work at least 2 Saturdays a month which was fine for me because I was able to attend class during the week on my day off. Oh, and the bonuses were amazing!
Pros
pay, benefits, paid time off
Cons
work on saturdays, working alone on busy days
Good benifits, paid vacation, paid training
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 3, 2018
The company is very good for a few reasons. They do offer health/vision/dental insurance, which was good. They offer a very nice paid vacation, which accrues as you work there longer. They also offer incentive bonuses for selling more "stand alone" policies. The down sides are that they do expect you to sell so many of these "extra" policies, which I found hard to do. They have a very good training program, as I had never worked in the insurance field before. They have paid training, and give a lot of assistance with passing your insurance exam to get your license, which is not a requirement when being hired there. Overall, I would say it is a good company to work for. I personally found that I did not like the insurance business, and that was primarily my reason for leaving.
Pros
Paid training, paid vacation time, paid sick days, incentive bonus.
Cons
Sales expectations are a bit high in my opinion.
Official response from Acceptance Insurance
March 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best in your career.

Productive and Fun environment
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 1, 2018
Great place to work. Helped clients with their Auto Insurance needs. Wrote their auto insurance coverage from start to finish and helped assist them to the best of my ability
Acceptance Insurance
Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Had a great experience at acceptance that's when I first started getting my license to sell car insurance I did have ups and downs it was a good learning experience
Pros
My first learning experience at acceptance
Cons
Pay was low
Official response from Acceptance Insurance
February 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. With regard to pay, we strive to keep our pay competitive and our Retail Agents are compensated based on performance. We're happy to have been a part of your career path and wish you the best of luck.

Not a fan
Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 12, 2018
As an employee, I never felt that the company and my higher-ups had my back. The district manager was very rude and unprofessional. Job is not desirable if you have a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acceptance Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9