Acceptance Insurance Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Great company, friendly workers.
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  United statesSeptember 3, 2018
I’ve seen a lot of changes with Acceptance Insurance after working with the company over 19 years. Everyone always worked together as a team. Friendly co-workers and enjoyable to go to work. Great Opportunities for advancement. Our office in Lombard closed in July, options were to transfer to Florida or Nashville Now I’m looking for a new company to grow with.
Great postion. Awsome manager. Locations isn't ideal, but great for traffic!
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 31, 2018
Typically we would run smoothly. I had a great main manager. My only criticisms would be, high management needs to work on communication and urgency of what needs to be done.
Pros
Great co-workers/manager, free lunch
Cons
Need more time to read that much, old trainings, old computers, bad communication
Good company to work for, terrible customers
Managing Agent (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 27, 2018
On a typical day, agents deal with at least one dissatisfied customer or more. The customers that have insurance here have no concept of what insurance is or how it works. It is a daily struggle to explain company policies and state/company rate increases to customers.
The management I worked under in Georgia is the best management I could ask for. You have to try your best to hit goals and ask for help in areas you are lacking. As long as you do what you are asked, the management is there to help and encourage you, not bring you down for not being able to reach goals.
Managing agents get paid well as long as you hit goals. To hit goals you must meet local standard agents and work hard for referral business. Retention of customers is a good concept but sometimes seems to be impossible. This is because the client base is people who don't understand how important maintaining active insurance is, which is mind-blowing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and the freedom to market in your town how you feel it is best effective. There are days you feel that you have really helped a customer get a lower rate and better coverage. Then a few months later that customer turns on you for some reason or another, and you have to calm them down and explain how insurance works.
A concerning part of working for this company is they change the pay scale for agents yearly. I believe it has changed four times in the past five years. With it constantly changing you never know what the next year will hold for you. They send out spreadsheets with the commission dollars of what you've
  more... sold and how much of it you get paid, but its all in code and none of the agents really understand it.  less
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Flexible with time off, Challenging goals
Cons
Rude customers, Inconsistent pay scale
Don't Do It
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  nashville, tnJuly 11, 2018
There's a reason they're always recruiting. They can't keep anyone. They breathe down your neck constantly. If someone dislikes you they can get you fired in a heartbeat with a lie and no one checks it out. Management is arbitrary and cold. Do yourself a favor and keep on walking.
Pros
location isn't too bad
Cons
no independence, no trust
Great job
Managing Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Forestdale, ALJune 27, 2018
great job loved the experience with this company... you should know the only con of the job was working weekends all the time. they recently changed the weekends to one sometimes two weekends off. Having kids its hard to not see them.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 23, 2018
People were friendly. Customers would call to pay bills. They wanted bills explained and they wanted to remove and add cars to their policies. Customer mostly had questions about what the insurance covered and did not cover.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
needed updated equipment and methods.
Run
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJune 19, 2018
Please do not I repeat do not do it. This company works on a buddy system and if you are not a part of the cliques then you are being used. No advancement. They change their pay scale every year to avoid paying their agents. Please if you are reading this. Don’t do it!!!!
Pros
Cons
The Job
Work work work
Managing Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 16, 2018
The company itself is awesome some of the upper management can be a headache. Lots of outside marketing, phone marketing, required monthly events, lots of busy work.
Pros
NOW we get every other Saturday off
Cons
Busy work, lack of communication, some managemnt styles, out of pocket monthly events
unorganized poor managment
Ca - Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 14, 2018
acceptance is very unorganized they constantly chage the pay rate as well as company rules. There is very little family work life ratio unless you are in a managment position.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
schedules poor upermanagment
Very busy, fast pace
Clerical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2018
The most enjoyable thing about working at Acceotance is the coworkers, the absolute best people, always so friendly. Management at Acceotance is great always willing to help out in anyway and always willing to listen to new ideas. I personally got a lot of experience I got working in an office and call center. They aren't afraid to train people with little to no insurance experience. The hardest part I would have to say is claim volume, that's something I would always here the adjusters talk about.
Bated and Switched
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2018
The job add said inbound sales no outbound calls. When you hit the floor you find out due to the lack of inbound calls there are telemarking calls they expect you to make on an outbound basis. No real structure and many policies that are half-baked. The atmosphere is generally very miserable as no one wants to work there. Turn over is rampant the average person quits between 3 to 6 months as soon as they figure out they were lied to, to get them in the door.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, office politics, constantly lied to.
Opportunities to Learn
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 4, 2018
Acceptance Insurance has provided me with many opportunities to continue learning in my field. I am encouraged to attend professional meetings in order to keep up with current technologies.
Salary has changed
Agent - Duties (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2018
Salary has changed since I worked there. They have increased the pay and the bonuses. Bonuses are based on store performance. Not individual performance
Acceptance Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2018
To work With Acceptance Insurance...LOVED IT!!!!
I worked under 5 different agents as a team. We may of had our differences but at the end of it all we were a team.

Acceptance Insurance Company knows and understands their employees also understand the meaning of family. The company will send you to school to advance your knowledge to do the job effectlvily and timely.

I would highly recommend Acceptance Insurance to anyone interest and serious about having a great career. Do to life events I would have never left the company.
Horrible management makes work dreadful
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 8, 2018
I would still be working at acceptance if not for the manager of the office. Stated we had to develop personal relationships while operating as robots. I feel it was a personal attack at my character since I'm a working father who is African American mix and sometimes shows compassion at our insureds problems. Stated my behavior was not acceptable however if you go on Google reviews customers always gave me high praise. Being a male insurance agent in a office with 2 women with complete sexism it's impossible to not blow up. Why was I hired if we're expected to act like robots?
Pros
1 hour lunch. (Only if fully staffed) unlimited pto.
Cons
Work Saturdays being the only company open! Horrible management at Farmington.
Call Center Great..Retail needs help
Auto Insurance Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 28, 2018
I was at Nashville call center for a year and a half. Great environment and wonderful people to work with and for. Went to retail side, and was a bit disappointed. No real sales help with good advertising. Managers were unable to be much of assistance, because they didn't have to have a property and casualty license.
I would consider trying employment at the call center again.
Pros
Had neat events for employees
Cons
Healthcare package was too expensive..Retail management needs improvement.
Great Company
General Lines Agent Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. The company has a great benefit package. As most insurance companies they are closed on Holidays and Sundays. Our day consisted of assisting our customers' with the best Insurance Package for their needs.
Worst company to work for.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
This company does not care if you have a family. They work you long hours. It’s not worth it. Management(dm and rm) do not care about the employees. No vacations are allowed during holidays.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful day
Was a great place to work at first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMarch 19, 2018
I worked here for 10 years. It started out with great management, family oriented and an overall great environment.

New management came in and ruined the morale.
Non Standard Company
Casualty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2018
New Senior Leadership in place.
Company is making strides to improve.
Employees are treated fairly depending on their direct management.
Some leadership improvements are still needed.