Acceptance Now Employee Reviews

Retail Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 13, 2018
This is a retail job meaning the hours are horrible and not a family oriented company. There are many flaws in the system about how they treat their customers and employees but the underlining goal to help the customer build credit is there. They will promote too quickly to fill a spot and then most times that employee will fail then be demoted or fired/quit. The job it self is pretty easy to do but the stress from upper management and customers is a lot and can make any employee overwhelmed.
Pros
Monthly bonus, decent healthcare
Cons
Hours, corporate
close to home
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  VictorvilleAugust 8, 2018
a typical day at work was easy work. A lot of calling for collections. moderate customer facing interaction. Nice coworkers program is expensive and not for everyone.
Pros
easy
Cons
boring
Felt like I was helping people and at the same time hurting them.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
This was a very confusing position but I did enjoy my time there overall. The customers that I was dealing with could definitely benefit from using the program but if they did not use it wisely they could end up paying substantially more. I always tried to make sure my customers knew what they were signing up for and to make sure they made the most of it while they worked with us.
Pros
Weekly paychecks, opportunity for bonuses, 401k matching up to a certain percentage.
Cons
poor work life balance, policies changed all the time making it hard to stick to a plan.
Trying to escape
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2018
Management above store level either micro manages or is completely disengaged from the day to day of the business. Very poor work life balance Fri Sat Mon are required unless on vacation. Bonus structure is constantly changing. Lack of advancement opportunity.
Pros
Meet company standards and you're pretty much left alone
Cons
Low wages and HORRIBLE raises
Great district manager
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 31, 2018
My store manager didn’t appriciate me. She made everything a competition was there over a year and she always told me I didn’t things wrong and would only dwell on what I do wrong . She acted like I didn’t do my job good at all .
Still Loved my job, helps you grow and learn. Great way to start learning and growing . Promotion possibilities as well. My pay wasn’t great but I heard they now pay much better! Would’ve stayed if they can pay more and give me more weekends off .
Pros
Promotion opportunities, lots of learning, laid back
Cons
Collection calls
This Place Sucks!!!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2018
Who runs this place? I worked here for a short period of time and let me tell you, it's not a place to brag about. There is no training.. you go in and watch these people do what they do and they throw you to the wolves. Half the people are ghetto and talk about all their personal business. Expect to call people all day and harass them for their payment, get cursed at by customers who are tired of being called by you, and sign up customers for their "rip off" program! This company is a scam.
Pros
Cons
Retail Hours, No training, Company is a scam
Yuck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 30, 2018
This company sucked! We where asked to work long hours with little pay and not really any compensation! Management has no sympathy if you have an outside appointment or family emergency! Bleh!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  wvJuly 28, 2018
Best job I have held in my 29 years in retail business. Would like to see more structure at the top with better defined goals and targets. Would also like to see better leaders that are more in tune with the actual business. Supervisors are nice and very easy to work with, but they change every year, which makes it hard to establish unity and consistency in processes and expectations.
Pros
work autonomy, travel, time to develop skills
Cons
changing leadership, changing processes
The work ok but the management not ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 26, 2018
The general manager do not care about the employees nor about the customers

The immediate supervisor, she doesn't know how to manage her employees. She micro-managed staff and do not have respect nor regard people very arrogant and prideful
No stress job and very low key
Sales Assistant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 25, 2018
Open the store and start by reading email from the District Manager that guide us what to do with our collection when we call them.
Take applications from customers for the in house financing and approve or decline. Upon approval then prepare the Agreement for signatures and order of their purchase.

The other employees are very enjoyable to work for and are a team player.

Hardest part is collecting payments for customers that are late on their payments.
Pros
Free cookies and refreshments
Cons
Sometimes work 10 or 12 hours a day
Zero work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCJuly 23, 2018
Zero work life balance
Excessive employee turnover
Misleading disrict management
Only promote due to turnover not true performance ;
Regional director/ district managers
Manipulate for personal gain
long hours not family oriented
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2018
Great place if you like retail hours, no recognition and long repetitive days. working all holidays is a must and then they give you a paid day off that you have to use at their discretion.
good place to learn how to be a manager
Corporate Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 22, 2018
Not interested in puting a review because after our department was closed there were lots of changes to the company and I have no idea how things are being run now.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2018
At the time I worked for them it was always something going on and a lot of back stabbing. They did not mind keeping things going among themselves. An the DM at the time was by far the worst. He was coming it stealing money from the vault adjusting customer accounts to offset what he took . Not a good place to work.
Pros
no Pros
Cons
beware not a good company
El aprendicaje
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 19, 2018
Hacer los contratos de los clientes a diario
Aprendi al Servicio al Cliente cara a cara.
Tuve unos supervisores estupendos que no tenian ningun problema encenarme mas y como quedarme sola para cerrar y asegurar el dinero
LLevar y depositar el dinero al banco.
Pros
Todo me encanto el ambiente muy productivo, muy competitivo muy alegre/amigable
Cons
Ninguna
Overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 19, 2018
company was overall great. did not like the fact that we were not allowed to work overtime so if you were over 40 hours managers would send you home or not mark your true time on books. They would actually go back and lower the hours to be exactly however many hours you were scheduled. At the time of my employment they just opened up the call center for acceptance now inside of conns. we printed off hundreds of papers to call almost the same people everyday even though weren't supposed to. theres no "telemarketing calls on Sunday" so you leave friendly reminder voicemails. They usually let you mess around on your phone. everyone is very open so I hope you enjoy toilet humor. there are discounts on furniture but you are still on a payment plan. Attempted to put in a two week notice to leave, district manager approved and said that i could work the full term, ended up lying on paper and stated that i worked the two weeks so i could be deemed "rehire-able", but released me the the morning after i put in the request because "there was too much to deal with due them hiring new people". Not to mention when i transferred to the call center I ended up getting a sinus infection, pink eye and strep because the manger came in the day she got her injection knowing she and her children were sick. Overall a great job if you're looking for an easy job.
Review
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 18, 2018
Collection calls, customer service and sales. Upsell products and promotions to customers. Schedule delivery dates with customers who purchased already.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 18, 2018
You will work long hours and will work every weekend. The is not too bad starting off and the benefits are not to bad. However, if you have a family this job does not provide a work/life balance.
Workplace
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2018
Did not much care for the work place. Area manager's dId not appreciate you at all. Hours where long. Co-workers where nice enough. Most of the store employees where nice a well ...but did not like us in their store.
job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 12, 2018
this company sucks they work you all day and weekend they dont ever give you weekends off or holidays and they dont pay well at all the average raise is like 5 cents and they upper management sucks
Pros
salary is ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acceptance Now. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight