Acceptance Now Employee Reviews

A Day in the Life at Acceptance Now
Sales Associate, (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAFebruary 20, 2019
Working for Acceptance Now offer a great way to work with new and previous clients. Offering new and exciting furniture options with payment pricing that fits their budget.
A typical day at work would start with opening the office, meet with furniture store managers for daily incentives and sale items. The hardest part of the job is calling on clients who are in default. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with the Furniture sales force Acceptance Now is associated with.
Pros
Accepted as part of the Furniture Company family
Cons
Having to turn down potential clients for funding problems
Lots of Down time
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 19, 2019
The hardest part of the job is the down time that comes with the job. I thought I would be good to have that. I was wrong.
I learned from this job is that I don't like to sale things to people. I'm not good at it.
I enjoyed working with the host of the store and my follow co-workers. When I need to ask questions they were always helpful to me
Acceptance Now
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2019
the company is a good company to work for if you want to start saving or want a relaxed job. Not hard duties, not on your feet all day. weekend are required to work
Pros
chill
Cons
long hours and low pay
Challenging but rewarding
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 5, 2019
I loved working with this company but some of the placements were not a match. It was challenging on some of the collections. I was in a store with all young employments that were all very unprofessional except for my manager and team. Other stores were more professional and easy to work at. It offered great benefits and was only 10 minutes from home.
Pros
rewards, close to home, great benefits
Cons
wrong places to be in co business with
Underpaid
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Acceptance Now is a branck off of Rent A Center. They underpay for the amount of work they have you do. You could request months in advance for a day off that you need and it's like breaking a leg to even use your paid time off. The benefits are way over priced. Overall, my store manager wasn't a problem. I felt as though the district manager was breaking a lot of the labor laws and was uncaring toward the employees under him.
Pros
Stable hours
Cons
lack of integrity, underpaid, no employee support
Doesn't offer a good work life balance
Credit & Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  GaJanuary 23, 2019
When I first started things were fine but after the layoffs started management was forced to work overtime with no weekends off. New upper Management had no respect for the staff.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Upper management inability to lead.
ok company to work for.
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Company does not value the employee as they should no gratitude shown for hard work. Everything that goes wrong in company is blamed on managers when the company rolls out useless van (i pad) to process the customer which left alot of room for error which has cost the company greatly. Staff is lead to mislead (lie)customers for company gain.
Don’t work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 21, 2019
HORRIBLE PLACE , they lie , steal , and overwork you . Aren’t even willing to pay the right rate they offered you . Once you get there they pay you want they think u are worth to them
Area for growth, fast paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 18, 2019
Started as CSR was able to move up to assistant then manager. I completed collection calls and converted new customers. I've learned to trust myself with important buisness decisons however Ive learned alot from AcceptanceNow. The hardest part of the job is the hours and mandatory weekends. The most enjoyable part was meeting and working with new people. As much as i have enjoyed acceptancenow I feel its time for me to branch off to a new experiences.
Pros
Free lunches, paid day's off and contest
Cons
Work weekends
Great coworkers and Tenure in our company.
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaJanuary 18, 2019
Acceptance now has a Great culture and a People first mentality. I enjoy the one on one training opportunities with my team as well as conducting large meetings to communicate a state of the business address.
Working directly with partner businesses and their executives is also a very enjoyable part of this job as we work together to improve each others business and our partnership.
Acceptance NOW is a Great Place to work I am just concerned about the future and the stability of the company.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Company Stability
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Acceptance Now is a very good company always looks after their employees and very understanding with the customers and employees situations. Everyone is very outgoing. And the company likes to see their employees grow as a career.
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 15, 2019
A lot of paperwork, but the process becomes habit over time. A lot of customer interaction, sales heavy position. Ability to deal with difficult customers is a must.
Meh?
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 14, 2019
Not the worst job I've ever had, but the experience varies based on where the office is located and who the host store has you working with. Sometimes its smooth sailing, sometimes you get stuck with an ego maniac who runs their store by keeping every associate on final warnings and constantly threatening your job. If the store manager of the host store wants you gone, there's not much to be done, so no real job security. Overall, decent learning experience but I would not work here again.
Half of the district management got let go last year, and it shows. The relationship with the parent company is strained, and leaves the Managers and Assistants feeling used and gutted.
Not a bad interim job, but you're either here for life or two years, no in-between.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
No Work-life Balance, No Job Security
Great company.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 11, 2019
My experience as a employee at Acc Now was rewarding.The DM and RM I worked under we're good. The furniture pickups at homes were strenuous . I was treated as a professional and with respect. Acc Now is a Rent a Center company so they offered great benefits , vacation and sick days. I would work there again.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Furniture handling
Positive Work Environment
Sales & Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 2, 2019
Busy work environment with full autonomy to run my own business under the company's corporate umbrella. My positions entailed marketing, Sales Management and structuring and approving loans.
Pros
Good Bonuses
Cons
Poor Work life balance.
Sucks
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 30, 2018
Not a good place to work the give u goals that knows that cannot be meet wants to much work done in a short amount of job give u the work of a higher position but want give u the job title and pay to go with it
Pros
Cons
The job it self
Difficult working environment.
regional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2018
Customers are given items that they could not normally afford, which is great. However, the payment structures are much higher than they can afford for 2-3 years.
Pros
Easy entry
Cons
difficult custumer relationships
A company that can offer a great quality of life at the sacrifice of a family life
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2018
I’ve enjoyed working for Acceptance Now. I’ve learned to manage a successful business and have been rewarded generously. I won trips to Hawaii and the Bahamas places I have only dreamed of traveling to.
great place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 11, 2018
Great place to work. hours are flexible and easy to promote within. I have learned quite a bit from working here. I love the job and would refer friends and family to it
Pros
promotion
Cons
travel
Good work place
Acceptance Now DBA Rent A Center (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2018
It’s a good work place most of the time. They do tend to hire from with in, which is a good thing. Upper management is not always in touch with store level personal do sometimes expectations set are not really achievable.
Pros
Little overtime
Cons
Too many work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acceptance Now. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight