Access 2 Interpreters Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worth the stress.
Dispatcher First Shift (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2018
I have been at Access 2 Interpreters for about 4 months now and I have been very happy with my position here. You are told up front that the work is stressful and fast paced, but if you can handle that and know how to prioritize your day then you will be fine. Management is very supportive and helpful with the stress of the job. The owner is very passionate about the company and will tell you every day the kind of service you are doing for your community.
They are also flexible when it comes to things like doctors appointments and emergencies. They are nothing but understanding and the only question is if you are okay. The support they have shown me through my pregnancy has been nothing short of amazing even in my short time here.
As long as you have an open mind and are willing to take responsibility for your work and mistakes, then there is no reason you cannot be successful in the job.
Pros
Fast paced, days go by quickly, support from management, cooperative teamwork environment
Cons
No scheduled breaks, stressful (manageable if you’re the right personality type)
Great adjusting with your schedule
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2018
Not a bad job if you want extra money, plus it is a relaxing job. Access has a great work environment for those who are just looking for a relaxing work stage.
Pros
great with the time
Cons
need a car
Terrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2017
This is a terrible place to work with a negative culture. The expectations of performance always outweigh the compensation. The owner "rules by fear", which creates a caddy, mean girl atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes.
Cons
No 401k match, employees are regularly expected to stay outside scheduled hours without notice.
Good place to work at.
Somali interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2017
I have given Access 2 interpreters a complete five stars. I have based my assessment on the following three main points. The administration is really friendly and understanding. The dispatchers are very professional, polite and easy to work with. And finally your work schedule is so flexible that you simply choose when to work. In other words you're in control of your own schedule .
Pros
Decent pay and flexible schedule.
Beware!
Free Lunch (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
They beg people to give them good reviews because there are so many negative that people are starting to refuse to work there. The administration there is not bad and the people in dispatch are easy to work with. The owner is so controlling and if you make a single mistake you are out! She will beat you over the head with your mistake until you are so sick of hearing it that you eventually move on. You can try your best and it will never be good enough for her. During training you don't get to see what the job is really like. I would STRONGLY advice that you stay away! If you can deal with someone breathing down your neck the WHOLE time you are doing ANYTHING then go for it. If you are a perfect human who literally never makes any mistakes, you can try it but the owner will STILL find something wrong. It's really sad how this place is ran and that they have multiple accounts to give fake reviews. BEWARE!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 24, 2017
A typical day was from 8-5. Management encouraged a strong customer service focus. The work load was manageable and management's expectations were clear.
Exciting place to work!
Accounting Cerk (Current Employee) –  492 South High StreetNovember 21, 2016
I am a current employee of A2I and have worked here since July of 2015. Since I began, A21 has seen tremendous growth in it's client base. In response, the company has developed a formal management structure, added two full time employees to the Accounting Department, and expanded the Translations Department. It has been a exciting place to work, and a fantastic opportunity for me to develop new skills!
Pros
open door policy, cross functional training within the Admin Department
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  492 South High StreetNovember 17, 2016
I have worked at Access2interpreters for about 2 and a half years now and I have watched the company grow in many ways. The work life balance is great and the pay is above what you will find at most places that offer the same line of work. Working for a smaller company is like working with your family, The owner has an open door policy as well as the managers. The employees all get along and we all work towards the same goal and that is to take care of the client. The shifts are very busy but your day goes by very fast and it is a fulfilling job if you like to help your community. Hardest part of the job is multitasking, it is required that you can prioritize your day, some of which can be taught. If you enjoy helping people, working closely with your team mates, and having a well paying job with benefits then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, atmosphere
Cons
Busy all the time (if you consider no downtime a con)
Ongoing educational and flexible job
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2016
I have been working with Access 2 Interpreters over 10 years, and I have never encountered any negative situations.
I love working as an interpreter. I have not only helped out within my community, but I have gained a tremendous amount of medical knowledge.
Being an independent contractor provides me many freedoms, like creating my own schedule and being away for an extended time, if needed.
If you obey the rules and regulations of the places you go to interpret, work professionally, dress appropriately, and most importantly, take pride in your work, you will enjoy working with Access.
I am proud to be working with this company and happy to have witnessed both how fast it has grown and how well it services the many needs of the community.
Pros
freedom to manage your own schedule
Cons
I can't think of any
November 10, 2016

We are so happy to hear that you enjoy interpreting so much. We hope to continue this positive relationship with you for years to come, and wish you much success.

Great service to the community
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2016
I've worked at Access for a few months now, and I have to say it is a well run organization. It is a small business that is constantly growing, and because of that, things change on a daily basis.

The dispatchers work really hard to coordinate and schedule assignments for the interpreters. Because the interpreters are independent contractors, they aren't obligated to take any assignments at all, which can be stressful for the dispatchers, especially when there are emergencies at the local hospitals.

The administrative staff works very hard to make sure that every assignment is billed and paid correctly. Invoice adjustments and changes to pay are rare occurrences thanks to their efforts. Keeping tabs on hundreds of interpreters and thousands of assignments is no easy task.

But backbone of the business is the interpreter. They do fantastic work for the customer and get to accept or decline whatever assignments are offered to them. Just like an Uber driver, they are their own boss. Interpreters even go through extensive field training and medical terminology training that prepares them for the real world of interpreting. It's demanding work, but highly rewarding.

Whether you are in the field or in the office, Access offers a fast-paced, exciting, and enjoyable place to work. For me, every day is different, and I know that my work is helping those in need.
Pros
Highly rewarding work.
Cons
Fast-paced, not for everyone.
Stressful and Hostile Environment
Previous Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2015
This company rewards those who do bad things. Promoted someone to Supervisor after the person misused company property. Owner creates a hostile work environment. She overworks and underpays her interpreter and office staff. The concept is great but the follow through is non existent.

No room for advancement.
Pros
Free lunch every so often and teamwork among my shift was fantastic.
Cons
Low pay for the industry standard. No annual review and performance evaluations.
November 10, 2016

Access 2 Interpreters strives to meet and exceed industry standards regarding pay and benefits. Our employees are the heartbeat of our company, and we are constantly improving our workplace in an attempt to attract the top talent.

Stressful
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2015
I have worked with this agency for a while. The type of work is rewarding, but the work environment is stressful. Depending on the position applied for, the work schedule can be early, which was nice.
Pros
Early Schedule
Cons
Healthcare, breaks, holidays, scheduling
Non-stress place
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Being able to interpret gives me the opportunity to help different people, including ones that don't need my assistance.
If you want to help others..an excellent place to work
Current Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 23, 2014
This company exemplifies entrepreneurial America. It is Founded by someone who came to the US, had dreams and skills and used them all to help the foreign culture in Columbus Ohio. It is truly a pleasure to work with such an organization. The company is exceptionally well organized. Contrary to what others have written, employees are treated fairly. All rules and expectations are discussed with each person before employment is offered. Many interpreters are given an opportunity to help others by sharing their skills. They are paid a fair wage for their work and time. The training is extraordinary and Access has been asked by several other interpretation services to provide training to their interpreters. This is no less than a testimony to the quality service that this company provides. Overall 5 stars...
Pros
plenty of work with very professional.people.
Cons
Long hours at times but interpreters are given option to work or not
Great professionalism and fast growing company
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  columbus, ohJuly 25, 2014
I have been working for Access2Interpreters for eight years now. It started out as a small company and I saw it growing tremendously over the years .
The job in itself has been a fascinating learning experience in the fields of language and medicine, there is plenty of work and hours are incredibly flexible.
I feel the training was justly priced considering the depth in behavioral and medical information given, and the time and work has been put into it. The option to pay it within the first few paychecks works like a charm, it practically pays for itself.
Having been trained as a medical interpreter is a wonderful self-investment regardless, in my opinion.
If you show responsibility and respect as well as desire to perform on the job with a certain degree of professionalism, you get the same kind of treatment in return.
Thank you Access for your professionalism and good work, and mostly for letting me be a part of your great success as a growing company.
Fast paced work place, can often become stressful
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2014
A typical day could last 8-10 hours. I learned multitasking and problem skills. As a manager I was required to have everything done and to make sure everything flows smoothly every day. My co workers respected me as their manager because they know I get things done fast and efficiently. Some employees didn't work as well as others. The hardest part of the job was not allowing the office to become a stressful environment. I enjoyed working with large clients everyday and feeling like I could always help someone in need.
Pros
Everyone works together as a team
Cons
Forced to stay late 2-3 hours longer than scheduled, harassment wasn't taken seriously.
Great Concept, Poor Execution
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2014
We were asked to leave reviews, so here it goes: Owner treats employees terribly, withholds pay from interpreters for no valid reason and belittles people during interviews.

Overall not a good person to work for....

If the company was under different ownership, if would be a whole different story!

once she gets the money form you she doesn't care if you stay or go

Interpreters must pay for classes upfront or it's taken from paychecks...

no reimbursement for gas or travel - we travel all over the city, pay for own parking

then one complaint and she withholds our pay - she is a bad business woman
November 10, 2016

The interpreters at Access 2 Interpreters are the cornerstone of our business. Equipping our interpreters with the current skills and knowledge necessary to succeed is a top priority. We understand that our success depends upon the success of our interpreters.

visit many hospitals & help foreign people
Arabic Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2013
A highly talented Interpreter with good experience in language interpretation, providing an essential service, giving assistance to non-English speaking parties; Excellent background in performing a wide variety of language interpretation activities for the parties; Sound knowledge of the general subject of the speeches that are to be interpreted; General erudition and intimate familiarity with both cultures; Extensive vocabulary in both languages; Profound ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely on both languages; Excellent note-taking technique for consecutive interpreting.