Access Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Chaotic because of financial mismanagement.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
The last years of my employment with Access were not good due to mismanagement; prior to this I truly enjoyed my duties and the time spent with my co-workers and clients.
Access is focused on providing high quality care
Senior Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2018
Access is truly focused on providing high quality patient care for all patients regardless on ability to pay. Dedicated leadership very focused on its leaders.
Community Resource Specialist
Community Resource Specialist/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2018
Great organization and culture. Nothing bad to say here. I moved out of WI and had to leave the job but love working with the community and helping others.
good
Case worker (Navigator) (Michigan) (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 3, 2018
good very good company I like it so much and I wish to work with them again I like to help people so much and taking care of them and be patient we can do the best .
Learned new things
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 9, 2018
Learned a lot of new things but didn’t really fit in or didint feel welcomed .i learned how to scan files I tried new foods and went to conferences and I learned about different culture
Pros
Location /learning
Cons
My boss /the pay /isolation
Terrible Management, Training
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 18, 2017
My trainer was on vacation during half of my orientation period and I was transferred to a clinic before fully learning how to do my job. Performance evaluations were done by managers that had no insight to what my work was like.
Very streesful place
Float scheduler (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 3, 2017
I learned a lot at this company good and bad you get to see many different people not able to help every person is in need of Medical or Dental services.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 6, 2017
Great experience and diversity in culture ! They work great with family life , school, and time off needed . No weekends or holidays , awesome people and awesome benefits !
Fun place to work. Providers are awesome .
LPN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 5, 2017
I feel Access is a great place to work. All the providers are great to work with and provide outstanding care for there patients. They are always approachable and helpful.
Pros
Paid lunch. Appreciative of staff. Great group of people to work with.
Great all around
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 28, 2016
I have been with this company for over 9 years, though there is no room for advancement in my position, others seem to move up pretty rapidly. The company wide events are pretty good and make me feel like a worthwhile employee. Renovations will be going on soon and that's exciting. The company is really diverse, along with the patient population. I don't think I will get bored with this job, and the paid holidays and no nights or weekends are great too. There's good leadership here and they keep you well informed about what's going on with the company.
Pros
paid lunch, company wide appreciation, diverse
Cons
no cafeteria
Team work and family
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2016
Amazing to work around different people and having the opportunity to help out our patients feel like this is their second home. We come together to make the work environment feel fun and safe for those who come to us as patients. We also like our patients to feel like we care about how their feeling and make them feel comfortable. My manager and co workers are super hard working and would do anything to get the job done correctly. I have worked in this site for a year now freshly out of school and I have learned a lot when it comes to dealing with patients and their needs. I have noticed that one of my hardest part of my job is not having the enough power to help the patient more then what I normally can. I feel happy and proud of what I do when patients come back to us and their asking for me. This here makes me happy and is the reason why I wake up everyday to get ready for work.
Pros
fun, working together, helping out our patients, having a great team.
Cons
Short on Providers
My opionion about my work day
Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  600 w FultonSeptember 16, 2016
My typical day at work is working my workques in Epic I have 10 WQ's to monitor. I also have the responsibility to code and enter delivery charges which has not been entered into the WQ's. I process Medicaid product and Commercial insurance claims. I have learned how to go beyond my job title. I have trained new coder that doesn't have the experience in OB coding. My management team is great some needs to know how to take charge. When you see we are falling behind you need to make a decision to move our department forward. I have no problem with my co-worker, I just like a co-worker to be a team player. The hardest part of my job is seeing where we are falling behind and management doesn't step up and make a financial decision. The most enjoyable part of my job is processing operative report and progress notes and knowing that you are making a different.
Pros
Making a different
Cons
n/a
Productive and Excellent Work Place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  654 E 47th StreetSeptember 14, 2016
Excellent company to work with. Great place to learn and grow. Great doctors and professional staff. Promotions within the company as well as recognitions for your dedications.over patient care is too priority.
Pros
Room for growth
check all options before applying here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 23, 2016
the management is horrible. all they do is lie and treat their staff like utter dirt and expect them to perform up to par. part of the reason why almost all the medical staff left after. The patients were the most rewarding part, I enjoyed having different bonds with each of them due to me working with the mentally disabled and non disabled community. i just learned more leadership skills due to having projects given to me and chances to delegate and show how to do certain tasks even being more new to the job.
Pros
more paid time off opposed to most jobs
Cons
the management and way you're treated
Great place to work for
CMA (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2016
I love working here but have to leave due to relocating back to florida, i will really miss working with this company. the management is great the coworkers are great everyone here works as a team and it makes the office run so much smoother, I learned a lot from the doctors that i work closely with .
Pros
paid lunches
great work experiance.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
my duties at this location included receptionist duties. along with inventory/recall duties. great learning experience.
Rewarding place of employment
Dental Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 10, 2016
The Ronald McDonald truck donated to Access Community Health Centers is amazing. The work that we were able to provide to the children of each and every elementary school was so awesome it made coming to work easy!
Pros
Helping the low income children in desperate need of dental care.
Cons
Not always being able to provide them with everything they needed done.
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed my staff and the communication we had. A typical day at work was meetings and focusing on upgrading our EHR system.
horrible internal work culture and poor compensation
Markrting, Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  manhattan ny,nyAugust 16, 2015
Not a great work environment! terrible compensation benefits. Low salary. Wouldn't recommend this work environment to anyone. especially not young people.
great place to work
Registrar II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 23, 2015
I loved my job with Access community health centers. Nonprofit organization that worked with people so that they had access to healthcare no matter what boundaries they faced.

To be a part of such a Humanitarian mission made me feel like I made a difference in peoples lives daily.

supportive team members and management.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Access Community Health Center Reviews by Location