ACCESS DENTAL Employee Reviews

Stay away from this company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, Modesto, Yuba city, CAAugust 20, 2019
It was very frustrating to work here. Lack of resources as well as support from corporate. Upper management was always afraid of losing their job, so they do anything possible to keep their job which included lie, over pressure staff, and deceive patients. I'm glad I am no longer a part of this company. The company was sold twice with in three years, this company is currently owned by western dental.
This is really vital smiles and you better run the other way
Ortho Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 1, 2019
This place could be great if they learned how to pay at a fair and appropriate pay scale considering this is a skilled trade and treated their employees with RESPECT and DIGNITY. This is hands down the work job I have ever had! From the owners that you'll never see to the franchise owners that so called run the place that don't care how their management team treats their team, to the childish and hostile attitudes their veterans keep. It's like working in a flipping high school with grown ups that never grew up or got over their insecurities. Zero appreciation for their employees. Zero quality care for patients. Unaffordable and useless healthcare policy and a dental plan they will never let you off to use but will encourage you to use it at their office in turn paying their greedy behinds for dental work that should be free. This place will ruin your confidence and happiness really quick. I don't want to hear if you keep to yourself you'll love your job. You won't. Period. They should shut this insurance fraud scamming place down.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no raises, toxic work culture, 401k not matched, no bonuses ever, unaffordable insurance, you pay for birthday parties and no vacation
Not professional
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJuly 9, 2019
The dentist was great to work for. However he didn't have a say so in what happened in the office. The office manager was all about drama and starting drama. There was a hygiene side and restorative side and front desk and they where all their own clicks like it was jr. high all over and no one worked together. It was very uncomfortable.
Great dental place for low income families
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 24, 2019
Great company! They do anything they can to work patients in to be seen same day. Management is great! The hardest part of the job was seeing customers come in with so much pain and at times us not being able to do much for them as their tooth would be infected and we would have to send them home with prescription for the time being until the infection would go away.
Fast pace environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2019
Lots of data entry, phone calls, we worked together to get things done, company dinners, company contest, sales reps would collect data for us, we would verify information through phone.
nice work environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 22, 2019
To many changes were made while I was working there and I had little notice before getting laid off because of over staffing. But while I was working there I enjoyed working with my coworkers they were amazing it was like a little family.
Pick one
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
Maybe 2% of people on salary actually care about helping people getting paid hourly
Getting promoted is easier than getting paid for that promotion
Salary don't care how dysfunctional the process is as long as they have numbers
They have a problem paying people on time, about 5+ mishaps, and will tax both checks if they have to split it
Will work national holidays, i.e Christmas Eve and New Years Eve (the actual day for some) if the quota is not met. While salary gets the week off
Many employees complain about doing the job in the job description
Employees run to HR for not performing a job that they like or to remove a disciplinary action (even if they are at fault)
Trainers on salary are not even qualified to train, they push the actual training to other people who actually knows what to do but do not get paid for it
A lot of people on salary are not qualified or does their job
A lot of people hourly are fresh out of high school or do not understand the concept of actually working
People there only care about numbers instead of development
Pros
You might get paid on time
Cons
Hr, Management, Coworkers
Only care about numbers
Lab production (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNJanuary 17, 2019
This job is easy money. And if you want overtime you sure will get it here. They have mandatory overtime almost every Friday so if you work nights you don’t really get a day off ever. And the thing is they don’t care about your well being, they only care about pushing the product out. I would not recommend this job if you want to have a life outside of work. When I was I was hired I was told occasional overtime not overtime every weekend.
Pros
The money
Cons
Overtime all the time

Comment – January 18, 2019

We appreciate that you took the time to share this input, and we're sorry to hear that you've gotten this impression. We certainly want our team members to feel supported in the work/life balance along with the ability to take on overtime. A healthy balance is important, and our leadership and support team care deeply about ensuring that this is the case for our team members. We want everyone to feel heard, and we apologize if that hasn't been the case. We'd like to speak more, and we hope you will reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Poor management from corporate staff and not focused on quality patient care
Former Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Access Dental 8-10 years ago was a better place to work. Then they started terminating all of the employees who cared about patient quality care and replaced them with inexperienced staff
With no dental knowledge, but plenty of SALES EXPERIENCE. In the last 6 years or so it has become a pure cattle call to funnel patients in to make as much money as possible with poor quality of care. They do not pay their staff or doctor's very well and they have cut benefits to below minimum standards. They work the staff and doctors so hard and have zero consideration for proper scheduling and patient wait times. Patients go there because they reduce or waive their copayments, but you get what you pay for. Expect long wait times, inefficiency, low quality and seeing a different doctor frequently due to frequent staff turnover. The cleanliness lacks in many areas as well. If you want to feel like your being sold a used car at your dental visit then this is the place for you. I would not recommend them to anyone, ever as a patient or an employee. Steer clear unless you could care less about getting quality dental treatment and being treated with respect and consideration.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Long wait times, low pay, long hours, poor management, no support from corporate team, no respect for patients or staff
Floor Supervisor | Mc.Donald's (Former Employee) –  Manor, TX 78653December 20, 2018
It’s a ok place to do your extern hours but to work I don’t recommend it the doctor is very selfish and as soon as she sees you she will determine if she wants you there or not.
Cons
The doctor is not fair
Horrible Company
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, CAOctober 27, 2018
Access Dental preys on young dentists, overworks them, exploits them, then fires them. This company also preys on the low-income population. Access Dental insurance is offered only to people near the poverty line, so it is no coincidence that Access Dental offices are only found in low income neighborhoods. The reimbursement for services rendered are paltry, requiring high volume dentistry from the young dentist who is worked to death until he/she is terminated. The staff members in Access Dental offices are illiterate and are trouble makers, which the CEOs blatanly deny and ignore. It is much easier to hire a dentist than to hire a derelict to clean/wipe. Do not work here. If you are lazy, illiterate, and unmotivated then this place is for you. Anyone who works here longer than 1-2 years is too unskilled and unmotivated to do more with their lives.
Nice,calm, clean, family friendly place.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 10, 2018
It is a family owned company. Nice Dr. to work with. Very lay back and really nice friendly patients. All the patients have been with this Dr. over 5yrs plus. Very honest and trust worthy Doctor.
Pros
Free Lunch, works with your schedules
Cons
when it's busy its busy but when its slow its slow.
Production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work makes you feel good your able to help the customer out to have a better smile . Working at smile direct club is pretty cool and laid back for the most part .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Get points for anything

Comment – October 3, 2018

That's what we're all about! Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

It’s always busy and time flys fast.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 24, 2018
Everyone does their best for the patients.
There should be more cooperation between RDA’s because one wants the other to tend the last patient.
(polishing teeth/making temps)
And the instruments usually end up neglected and not getting sterilized. And we’ll end up not having the instruments required for the patient.
But overall, the professionalism is at its, Apex.
The dentists are forthcoming on the facts about what the patient needs to get done. The office can financially assist low income families, too. And that’s a great feeling!
Pros
Parking spots, restrooms, waiting area, updated equipment, climate controlled environment, friendly professional staff.
Cons
Waiting time, neglected instruments, feuding RDA’s
Awesome place to work!
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 18, 2018
Awesome place to work! Co-workers were very open to helping me with my new job and eager to give me some of their personal knowledge as flow guidelines to my new, temporary position.
Pros
Great co-workers
productive and comfortable for our patients
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 15, 2018
on a typical day the office is normally consistent but our patients are well taken care of and the office is a safe and enjoyable place to be. team work is very vital to the office and how it runs.
I was extreamly satisfied to be apart of Access Dental.
Dental Promoter Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Access Dental. I would go in for the day knowing that I would be interacting with different kinds of people and would see and learn something different with each passing day and that is what I loved about working there.
Pros
learning about people and their lives, Being able to help people with their family's dental life, Event planning helped me find different ways to make work fun
Cons
long hours and outside events
Was able to move up in the company
Dental Assistant, Front Office and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2018
Was able to grow within the company. Had great support from home office. Really enjoyed being part of a team that I was able to increase the profit margine at.
productive and fun workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMarch 15, 2018
I work in the Access dental almost 4 years already. Everyday day when I go to work, I need to replace the instruments to the room, and then I need to call the patient to come in to assist them what they need. During this time, I learn a lot of things, for example I know how to take x-ray, how to set up the surgeries, root canal and implant and how to mix impression.
staff and patients were enjoyable
RDA (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 7, 2018
high patient overload, Dr's and staff were enjoyable. learned a lot about the different cultures of the Dr's. The office is very fast pace. The hardest part of the job was the patient wait time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCESS DENTAL. Our community is ready to answer.