Access Family Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Talented team all around
State Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2018
The leadership team works hard to meet the strategic plan while the clinical team is client focused and committed to ongoing improvement. Great place to work!
Counterproductive management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2018
Upper management tends to work against their employees and are hyper focused on money. AFS does not pay their employees fairly. There are minimal training opportunities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Work life balance, pay, unrealistic expectations, no training, poor management
Very Good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 11, 2018
They was good management would’ve stayed if I didn’t have surgery love the way they was there when I had my Lost they worked with me so I still can come back to work.
Pros
Cons
Fair breaks
A relaxed place to volunteer at.
Domestic Violence Case Worker Volunteer (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJMay 16, 2018
You come in to cover for another volunteer leaving, communicate with clients, check and make sure what clients are present or not, Indicate this information on a chart,some clerical assignments may need to be done and meet with community resources.
What I learned: updated client files, report monthly statics on all activities. Attend meetings. Maintain location, safety, security and confidentiality.
Workplace culture: Diverse
The hardest part of the job: Employment
The most enjoyable part or the job: meeting different people and learning about their skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
So far, so good.
ABA Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 30, 2018
I've really enjoyed my time with AFS so far and plan to stay for a while. My supervisors are great and really supportive. The clients are awesome to work with and there is a collaborative approach to problem solving.
May 3, 2018

"Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork" Thank you for sharing your experience with Access Family Services. We look forward to a collaborative working relationship.

Fine
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 27, 2018
This company was not very well organized and more focused on its finances than it's clients. I would recommend to entry level professionals but not for a career.
May 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our employees are our greatest resource and we will continue to work on improving the overall employee experience.

Not an ideal work environment
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 20, 2018
The clerical position needed a Define job description on duties and a training manual. A Clear Vision from leadership. Needed update working equipment ie, laptop and or computers.

The salary does not reflect the work that you're required to do.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management. Not a clear picture of job duties and gossiping from management in office.
April 24, 2018

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Your feedback will assist us in our continued improvement with the employee experience.

Most stressful job EVER
Therapeutic Foster Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2018
There was no support with case load, and no boundaries from management. They want you to be on call/ 24/7 and be available to them by phone and email at all time. Not a healthy work environment
April 9, 2018

We are sorry to hear you had a less than favorable experience with us. Our goal is to provide the highest level of care for the clients we serve and still allow our employees a work life balance. Thank you for the feedback and we will continue to strive to make AFS the #1 place of employment.

Unrealistic expectations, poor management, and unethical
Contract School-based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 22, 2018
The actual work providing therapy to the children and working with the schools was great.
The management of the agency pushed for unethical and questionable practices that were clearly focused on income; ie pushing for 5- 60 minute sessions for everyday worked regardless of the fact that providers in elementary school were only able to see patients from 8:30-2 and the student schedules were made in 40 minute increments. The management of the agency was terrible. But the actual work done by clinicians was enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management and little return on the portion of reimbursements the agency took
Well paid and opportunity to earn incentive pay.
Intensive In-Home Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Flexibility is required. Learned how to manage team to best support client and family needs. Hardest part of job is being on call. Most enjoyable part is helping families.
Confrontational management
Qualified Professional (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 26, 2018
Staff arrive, work tirelessly on behalf of great clients and foster families while the manager talks about staff to other employees, sends nasty emails and does not actually do work herself but dictates to others. The other staff support one another and commiserate which is why the turnover is the highest I have ever seen in mental health. The boss and her two supervisors play by their own rules and do not want to hear what others have to say about the lack of leadership, chaotic work place and constant crisis situations because she is a poor leader and does not support or motivate her staff. My friends that quit asked for exit interviews but were denied proving management does not want to hear how bad things are for the employees.
Pros
fellow co-workers bond over their stress, and are pretty amazing individuals, that just want the tools, and support to do their jobs professionally
Cons
The company is getting a bad reputation in New Bern, because of the manager, and it makes it hard to keep clients, and staff
Lack of leadership
IAFT Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 21, 2017
Access Lack leadership, leadership did not address concerns from staff. Wish leadership would have taken the time to hear the concerns of staff versus turning away and not listening to staff or coming down to address issues that were reported. Great staff inside the foster care world
Pros
foster care team
Cons
Regional Director lack of leadership
Administator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2017
This is a place where there is a need for people with mental health issues and they are letting people go. Enjoying giving people resources to help them and their families. Assist them in applying for foster care services, dental insurance.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor management
Iih
Day Treatment Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 1, 2017
Day treatment is no longer provided. Difficult job with teens. I did learn group skills while working in this position. Important to have a well meshed group of coworkers in this position.
Good place to work, downsized due to consolidation
Controller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Overall excellent place to work.
Parent company consolidating financial functions and eliminating functions at the subsidiary level. My department and position were eliminated as result of this consolidation.
Collaborative workplace
Intensive-In-Home Service, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 24, 2017
The people that worked really there were close to me. There were great opportunities to support each other during and after work hours. There were excellent trainings provided by management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low reimbursement rates
feedback
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2017
Initially working at this company was great but as time went on I saw that their was not enough understanding and involvement from upper management and the focus seemed to be on numbers and not the quality. The job had great flexibility but the level of the expectancy and the complaint of "too many human errors" was ridiculous...just too much! This position at this company was too stressful,unnecessarily, and too tedious of a job for one who really enjoys helping people. Again there was more focus on paper work and the tedious tasks than the families and for me it just wasn't a mentally healthy place to work.
Pros
Great flexibily
Cons
stress level not worth it
Relaxed home invironment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2017
The overall job experience is great. Manageable hours, close in travel distance and my client is an awesome woman,. However, with this being health care, paydays fall on the 1st and the 15th, which I have yet to get paid and today is the 25th.
Awesome company to work for!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 30, 2017
Access Family Services has shown unending support for all staff and personnel.
There is continued opportunities to move within the company. All openings are shared company wide as they come up.
There is ample opportunity for continued education and growth.
With so many specialties throughout the company, there is always something new to learn. Access also provides Intensive In Home, Therapeutic Foster Care, ABA Therapy, and other outpatient services throughout NC.
Pros
Atmosphere and supervisors.
Cons
Benefits are a little pricey. But, coverage is great and dependable.
It's ok for first job
Intensive In-Home Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2017
Kind of place that will overwork you and dispose of you. The place is centered on billing and making money. If you aren't up for that be aware. If you have high standards and truly want to help people this job isn't for you. Try to negotiate for salary because they will try to under pay if possible. Incentive based position and the company makes it very difficult to get that incentive. Place is very disorganized and management is not knowledgeable.
Pros
Stable pay, some benefits
Cons
Culture, always been threatened to be written up, focus on billing