Access National Bank Employee Reviews

Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 5, 2018
A company that believes in their mission and makes sure that the employees as well believe in the mission. I love the people I worked with directly, they were like friends to me and I am always treated well. Great place to learn and grow.
Disappointed
Commercial Lending (Current Employee) –  VASeptember 30, 2018
Access was a small place that cared about loyalty and their long term employees but this has changed a lot. Working at access now is stressful. I can’t leave for personal reasons but I would not recommend anyone to apply for a job here. As a lot of people said you have to be well liked my management to be promoted. The ones that have gotten promoted in the past year are unqualified and should not be in banking. They hire employees without an education (college degree in the field) and have little kowledge of banking terms. This place is a joke, only apply if you have no other options.
Pros
Friends
Supportive work environment with an Entrepreneurial spirit!
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 17, 2018
Love It!!!!! My supervisor is supportive and does not micro manage. I am given independence to perform my job functions and asked for my input to improve the overall IT systems infrastructure.
A fun job, that’s it
Lending (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 12, 2018
Working at access is fun. You meet so many people and it’s easy to make friends who you can build actual friendships. Other than that, this place doesn’t offer anything else. Training is minimal, career advancement is nearly impossible, expectations are unknown and most of management is a joke. If this place followed what other banks do they may be able to find better people to join. At this current time, their selection of candidates is laughable. Writing reviews is one of my least favorite things to do but people should know before jumping blindly.
Pros
Making friends
Supportive work environment and a fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 11, 2018
Hard working employees with a passion for what they do. Company culture is great and employees are friendly. Company prefers to promote from within which is good for morale and productivity. Very good work life balance. Love the friendly co-workers and freedom to work independently. My manager support is fantastic and she is committed to help me grow.
Pros
Promote within
Worst community bank in the DC/VA/MD Area
Staff (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 10, 2018
Access is the worst community bank to work for. Promotions and raises are not given on merit but rather on favoritism, their recruitment is by far the worst since the people they hire are inadequate for their job and the career advance is minimal unless you are on the “IT” list. If you really want to work at a community bank, stay away from Access. There are hundreds of other banks hiring that are much better with the same benefits.
Pros
8-5 job
Cons
Everything else
Commercial (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaSeptember 4, 2018
Enjoy working at ANB. I’ve been in banking for some time and have found that not unlike other organizations, you need to get in and get acclimated in order to be successful and enjoy what you are doing. Everyone was very helpful in doing so when I started and continues to be. Very grateful I made the decision to join the bank. Management well respected in the industry (and business community.)
Pros
Teamwork, comradery, flexability, compensation
Cons
N/a
Not a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 7, 2018
This is a stressful place to work with long hours. You do not get recognized for a good job. I do not get training. The company does not take care of employees.
Pros
I have nice coworkers
Cons
Long hours. No recognition. Favoritism of some employees. No advancement.
Run
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 14, 2018
Political and Gossip. Not a good place to work long-term. There is no training and anyone can get hired. they are not selective and don't pay well. Bonuses are up to manger and some people that work hard get a lot less than the ones that do nothing
Unknown HR Employee
HR Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 12, 2018
Very fast paced, so not for the faint of heart to apply. Most of the employees only recognized the senior level management, since they are there the longest.
good and bad
Loan Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 2, 2018
No marketing, call center was bleak.
no management
The hardest part was working long hours for nothing.
What was enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Pros
People there
Cons
Not making money
Not a good place to work at all
Financial Analyst / Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 5, 2017
The guy that is running the commercial loan department is the most inept VP in the entire banking industry. If you are considering a job there I would recommend to reach out to existing employees and ask them what they think.
Pros
Cons
everything
Apply at your own risk
CSR (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 4, 2017
Only apply if you are able to guess how you should perform your job. Do not rely on anyone else to assist you. Most are not knowledgeable of their positions. Management is not trustworthy. No one at the top has a clue how the business should be run.
Pros
Cons
Read below
Operations Department
Banking Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 29, 2017
I would not recommend someone apply for a position at this bank because of the care that they have for the staff members is basically none. You apply at your own risk on this one.
Pros
Cons
No flexibility, no promotions or growth for staff members and OK benefits
Not a place where you can trust your management to help you succeed
Fraud and Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Worked here for less than a year and management was never around. Not prepared to train or invest in their employee to succeed. Lack of commuincation.
Pros
Other departments and people were great.
Cons
Management failed to provide direction or expectations, inconsistency, no loyalty, not trusthworthyno work life balance, no training, no communication
Fun Environment
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 26, 2016
ANB was a fun place to work. It was a great place to enter into a professional work place. Not a lot of room for high-level growth as it is a company started by a very close group of people. However, they definitely do like to train and promote from within.
Valuable Experiance
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 19, 2016
I do value my experience at the Bank. It allowed me the opportunity to learn about banking/mortgage industry and the accounting of it.
My direct supervision was great and I really learned a lot from them.
I wish the company had a potential for growing or at least at the time.
Excellent growth opportunity
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Reston VASeptember 24, 2015
I spent 3 years with Access National and have very positive memories of my time with the company. The majority of the senior leadership team, with few exceptions, is top notch and I'd work with them again. The company is active in the community, works closely with companies to support their growth goals, and has demonstrated very sound business practices through out their existence. It is a business and if you produce you will be recognized and appreciated, but as a fast paced, fast growing entity, you need to contribute or get out. There is no room for slackers, and that is as it should be, since who wants to work with them anyway?

The opportunity to be a share holder and reap the rewards of your own efforts is exciting!
Only good for gaining experience
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 6, 2014
Not enough physical work to last a 8 hour day. People take on too much responsibility instead of letting people with experience or that want to learn help them.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Short breaks and unorganized management
ANB really values its employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 15, 2014
You work hard, but get compensated accordingly. It is a great place to work and learn. Training is endless.
Pros
Great work environment and co-workers
Cons
Expected to work too much - nights, weekends - always be available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about