Access Nursing Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Es buena
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2018
Mis pacientes unos buenos y otros no muy buenos
En está compañía nunca goze de un día de vacaciones pagadas ningún beneficio sólo si trabajas cobras y si no trabajas no cobras y no es muy fácil cuidar pacientes..
Nice people.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Management is lax. Do not have good attention to detail in the office or in the field where documentation is very important. Management is too busy to do their job..
Relaxed environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2017
I answered phones. I scheduled Home Health Aides and Registered nurses to different assignments. I also called clients when there was no nurse available to work.
Pros
Worked with nice people
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2017
A lot of funny and fun personalities. Learned a lot about the nursing industry, recruitment and coordinating schedules. Management was diligent and fair. Hardest part was keeping up with all of the computer programs that they use but its manageable. Great and quirky office environment which creates a nice team building atmosphere.
Pros
great team of coworkers
stressful
worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Stressful work, no appreciation for the workers. They pile on to your duties without any compensation. I will miss the people but not the work. Would not work for them again.
Not a fun workplace.
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Entry level jobs, can be done for first time workers. Lots of work, clients disrespect workers quite often, I learned to be more patient with people especially those who are sick and vulnerable and in-dept knowledge of illnesses/diagnosis/treatment/medications/symptoms etc which I researched. Management only think about the financial gains not the workers benefits. Many supervisors are bilingual and favor employees in their category and background. Its difficult getting through to management by phone call or email unless you show up at the head office, which is time consuming and sometimes waste of time when they are in a meeting for hours quite often. The most enjoyable part of this job is being respected and praised for your work and the service you provided.
Pros
No free bees or acknowledgements
Cons
Very little breaks.
Good work envioment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDJune 22, 2017
Great work environment if you like private duty Nursing and love working one on one with patients then access Nursing would be a great environment for you.
access nursing
Certified Nurse Asst/ Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
access nursing was a good company to work for they help you get different experiences. i have worked in nursing homes hospitals and private duty facilities.
Pros
good experiences
Cons
not enough hours
Lovely company
Evening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
The company is very lovely. You will be very hands on with the work you do. The job hours are flexible as well. I recommend giving Access a call for any medical needs.
Loved my job there. Was very caring
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 1, 2017
I would recommend working for access heath anytime. I loved my job there. You couldn't ask for any better job. I loved working in the medical field. Triage patients taking vitals and working with the public is a great feelings.
Great place to work!
A/R Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Daily report review, and resolution discussions. AR conference discussions, and contracts/timely filing update. Directors meeting via Accounts Receivables review as well.
Pros
Employee Morale and Entertainment
if you are in with management you'll get $$ & a lot of work
RN Private Duty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
I have been working for this Access Nursing since 2004 on and off
if you leave, they take it personal and then try to restart you for way less money, you have to know the right people to get consistent work.
Pros
they have every contract in NYC for Private duty
Cons
this agency has every Private duty case in every hospital in NYC
Fast paced and always evolving; great environment and people!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Highly recommended place to work. Work as much or little as you want. Staff is helpful. Great for saving extra money for rainy days or holidays. Great place for seasoned nurses to highlight their expertise.
Pros
Free lunch, great clients, friendly and helpful staff
Competitive work environment
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
A typical day at Access is without relief. You work the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave. You never leave work on time because the managers do not understand the work volume they assign the employees nor do they care. Co-workers are for themselves and very cold. Their is no one to help when one is overwhelmed. No training and no reward. I did not enjoy my experience at Access Nursing.
Pros
Cons
Too much
The job was ok because i gt to work with elder people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 16, 2016
It was a typical workday, but the office staff so not so good. i never got a raise in my pay, but other than that it was ok. I do not like the fact that they try to make you take a case that you do not want
Nice work place
CHHA (Former Employee) –  30 journal plazaJuly 21, 2016
I liked working with access nursing , They give you full time hours also part time. They make you feel welcomed you also recieve a bag labeled " access nursing " also a id with a stretch id holder you also recieve benefits and the staff is great. I worked for the one located in jersey city nj on journal square.
Pros
Card with direct deposit you earn rewards with the global Cash Card
Cons
Health care
Great Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
love the company, great people and a wonderful environment. Probably the best President a company could ever have. Passionate about helping and being a great person.
Enjoy coming Incontact with office workers, getting my schedule and how I can better asst the public and making people lives better by giving back.
Cna/Gna Certified Activity Asst/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2015
come in saying good morning, getting up to date details or notes on anything new . I learn to be there and be a good listener take notes with pen n pad and use advice given to me for future use. Hold the floor down how to take charge and be on pointer with emergency situation's, I have always been a good team player even if someone is not pulling there weight or share of work, n talking to them on down time or lunch time how they better handle situation and not letting problems come into play while being on the clock. Hardest part of job learning someone is moving on to other jobs saying good by or clients tell u they have no one that can take charge in there family to help them make decision's and I have to get some person involved with some kind of rank and control to help them out. Most enjoyable part of job looking back at the time I came in and counting how many lives I made a difference in and them hugging me and shaking there hands and meeting family members seeing my progress while moving on with my future plans.
Pros
I like to share my lunch, offer Activities, get involve in community
Cons
take my 15 min breaks to enjoy Ice coffee, snack
Allright
Environmental Service Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Hard Work learn a lot about Infectious waste In their work place.Co-workers are pleasant.Knowing that i,m helping keeping a safe working , Environment.
Pros
Great job opportunity
Cons
Helth covers is to expensive
Positive Professional Development and Teamwork
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2014
the environment is very stimulating and motivating when it comes to professional development. accessibility to resources. enhanced teamwork. supportive management. reliable recruiters always willing to support
Pros
coworkers, success rate in placing healthcare professionals in desired positions, constantly learning and participating in business development