ACCESS OHIO Employee Reviews

Do not even consider working for this company!!!!
Clinical Supervisor Medication Assisted Treatment (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2019
CEO does not run this company (to many friends and family are hired regularly without any credentials and placed into leadership positions). Very unprofessional place to work.
Pros
Cons
Professionals beware your license with be at risk.
Awful place to be!
Former Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 8, 2019
Access Ohio May LOOK pretty on the outside but do not be fooled. I was completely lied to about what my job responsibilities would be during my interview process. The whole place is utterly disorganized. All 3 of the people hired to do my job left within the first month! They offer zero benefits. The place is a nightmare. Steer clear of this organization if you value your sanity.
Cons
Disorganized, no benefits, scary clients, they lie to you, high turnover
Very unorganized. Pathetic management.
Rather not say... (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 15, 2019
I would never recommend Access OH as a place to work. Things have gotten progressively worse over the past few years. Management has absolutely no clue whatsoever. None of them are involved in the day to day operations. They have no clinical knowledge or experience. All got their jobs by either being family of others in management...or sleeping with others in management. It's a total sh** show.
Many, many talented therapists, doctors, nurses...have passed through Access OH....so much potential. But lack of organization/communication, the inability to listen to reason, and pure greediness on the part of management has driven them all away.
I'm not sure if the CEO is aware of how bad things are. Seems like management think their job is to shield him from the truth...pretend like things are going well....and then just randomly throw some poor employee under the bus and fire him/her when something goes wrong. Any given day at Access Ohio....you just never know.

And btw, benefits....non existent.
Pros
The clients
Cons
You won't be appreciated or valued, ever...
Poor Management / All About The Money / Don't Care About Clients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 8, 2019
Poor Management.
All they care about is pushing clients through in order to get paid.
Doctors overbooked so clients don't have time to discuss/address their issues and their health.
Hours you are scheduled are not flexible.
No benefits. Low pay. No lunch break.
They just prescribe medications they think will work and won't get to the root of the problem.
Scheduled appointment time means nothing because you sit there and wait at least an hour.
Nothing good to say about this job. Is an embarrassment to have on a resume.
Don't work here! Run far away from this place.
Would give zero stars if I could.
Cons
Most enjoyable part of the job
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2018
Meeting and getting to help clts make positive changes in their lives and see them grow in their recovery journey.

Likeable work staff and coworkers.

Communication was a problem.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication
Horrible management, no benefits, not easily accessible to work, did not communicate well.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2018
Horrible people to work with, not easily to talk to , no one ever knew what was going on, or knew where any one ever was half the time for help, no offered benefits, things were constantly changing without warning, unless it involved insurance or what not or someone got fired. Always had to worry if you were going to be employed there, because they had such high standards.
Pros
Pay, flexible
Cons
lack in communication, no benefits, unpaid holidays, unpaid sick days
Unorganized
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2018
This place is very unorganized.
Looks like it is falling apart slowly.
All about money vs. the needs of the clients.
People are not receiving their bonuses.
People are not receiving their pay raises.
No advancement.
Talk a great game but cannot back it up.
Pros
Free lunches, helping clients
Cons
No advancements, no pay raises, poor benefits, unstable
Unprofessional
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 8, 2018
This job is very unprofessional. Starting with the managers all the way down to the RA's. The managers have their favorite staff that they let get away with everything. As for the rest of us we are all left out in the dark.
Pros
paid timeoff after a year
Cons
to much to explain
Terrible place to work. Avoid.
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 10, 2018
Management is awful. They stopped paying healthcare premiumsms at one point and many employees were getting threatened with countless bills from providers. You will never have a lunch break. If youre clinical staff, you're not getting a lunch. If you're front desk staff, you usually order some local chain restaurant and stuff your face while serving members. Lack of teamwork. Most doctors came in to get a paycheck and go home. Very few staff AND management cared very little for the clients. Like others said, this could be a successful business if the tyrants at top are thrown out.
Not a good place to work
CPST Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2018
No a organized company. Has a lot of people in position's that dont have the education or training fill the position. The clinical director sleeps with female staff. The CEO only cares about the money and Medicare benefits, not the clients.
quick paced
Transistion Specialists (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 15, 2018
Program was understaffed. Lots of redundant paperwork. Hierarchy is layered and often at odds. Working conditions are sometimes dangerous and always cramped.
Fair/Good
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2018
I would definitely recommend them to others. They are very hopeful, organized, well connected with the staff, and seem very helpful with any questions and concerns with the staffs needs.
Pros
Benefits, Paid time off, Attentive to staffs needs
Cons
Healthcare is pricey
Frustrating dead end job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 29, 2017
Poorly managed. Under paid. Under supplied with operating materials. IT is dependent on one person who is over worked but very accommodating to all requests.
Worst place ever
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2017
Wouldnt recommend my worst enemy work here. Management sucks, they dont listen or care about their employees. They dont care at all about clients all they care about is getting paid by medicaid. Benefits suck. Terrible organization and operations team. They pick and choose who they like and dont support advancement. I have to report them for the many compliance rules they break and ethical lines they cross. Do NOT come to this agency with something to offer because they dont care and pay you nowhere near what you are worth. By “for profit” agency they mean that profit is all they care about. Micromanagement and unethical actions are their mission.
a great place to work!
RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2017
clients and staff are awesome! every day was an opportunity to learn something new -- i was never bored! not a lot of red tape! medical and clinical staff are very client focused!
Pros
flexibility
Case Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2017
I do no like the company at all. I agree with what it stands for, but I do not agree with the people i work with. It was a horrible experience. I would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Getting to work with mental and aod clients.
Cons
no benefits, no nice people to work with, no growing within the company.
I hate my schedule
CDCA I Group leader Inividual Councelor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2017
I like a lot of the other staff. The clinical supervisor changed, the clinical director left and these 2 were replaced by one person to cover both positions. Poor guy had no idea. So that leaves most all of the clinicians questions and concerns unmet. Many have quit because bonuses were taken away without warning.
Mental Health Agency who main focus is Linkage & Referrals
Navigator Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2017
Case Managers seek Clients through referrals and community contacts on a daily basis,Transportation is part of the job and a professional attitude a must. Must have Knowledge and comfortable engaging with the Homeless population and those diagnosed with a Mental Health condition.
Pros
Needed service for a Large population of individuals
Cons
Competitive and High level of energy needed
Not professional and not organized
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 29, 2017
Access Ohio program that has no structure. The clients have the freedom to do whatever they want regardless of your clinical judgment. The clinical director is not present and gives off the impression that he does not care about his job. He has inappropriate relationships with other staff members, which interferes with him being objective. The benefits are non-existent, and you have to pay for all of your own supplies. I do not recommend Access for any professionals. Access does not have a good name in the mental health and AOD community, and I now understand why.
Pros
A few good staff members
Cons
Everything about that place
Helping other is the best part of any job
Transition Coordinator, Community support Coach (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 8, 2014
My job and the clients are always interesting and fun. There's always an unknown adventure behind my day and i love being challenged to help people. From a management stand point the job lacks guidance and involvement. My co-workers are the best at what they do and have great outgoing spirits which create a fun work environment.At the end of the day the best part of my job is finding creative ways and resources to problem solve and help those in need.
Pros
Being able to problem solve and connect with diffrent people.
Cons
Not enough pay compensation managment or advancements in the company.