Access Sciences Corporation logo
Access Sciences Corporation

Access Sciences Corporation Employee Reviews

It's best to effort to find a real job - don't waste your time here.

A day at work is either 20%, or 130%; either bored to tears, or pressured to get an unrealistic amount of work done. Leads are buried and stressed and are frequently passive aggressive; they'll readily reprimand during a meeting in the presence of upper management. Processes and approaches are a moving target. Training is a joke; nonexistent - they're convinced that two weeks of shadowing is sufficient to understand in increasingly intricate system, and God forbid that you take initiative without approval - even for small things.They promised no layoffs about a week before laying off a handful of people. Much of the work is glorified administrative document control with ever intensive record keeping. Seriously, this job allowed skills and knowledge to atrophy. They were very persistent during the job offer phase, and I caved. Time to get back to a real job and get my career back on track. Being laid off from Access Sciences is a blessing.

Pros

Pays the bills, nice Harry & David Christmas Box.

Cons

Terrible managemant on the department level, relentlessly tedious tasks and processes.

Okay company overall. Over sells and under delivers towards its employees

I was excited to start working here and the first project I worked was very exciting and interesting. However that came to an end very quickly when the oil price tanked. The manager wanted me to quit immediately and I had to fight to get onto the next project. It is then that I realized that this company has no more eggs in their basket....and yes I was proven right on the 1st April - majority of the team laid off. Not funny when it is done on the 1st of April....because it made a lot of us feel like fools - Very unstylish.

Pros

Free snacks etc

Cons

Vision is short sighted. Need to invest in longer term relationships with their clients

Great Experience

Been working for the company sometime now. Great pay for the work being done and decent benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, ESOP). Would highly recommend the company for anyone looking for a career.

Pros

Lower Management, Benefits, Flexibility, Pto

Cons

Upper Management

Great place to start your career

Great people to work with. The pay is a bit low, but the work-life balance is great here. They do care about the worker. They had a hard time staffing workers before and had a massive layoff in 2016.

Awesome Culture

I love working here, there is something new everyday to keep things fresh. Management is open to new ideas and listening to feedback. They encourage learning and growth with the company.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Don’t waste your time, find a REAL company to work for!

WORST company EVER! Upper management (corporate in Houston) is SO Out of touch with their projects and employees at out of state locations, their never heard. NO managerial/leadership/training/advancement. This is a dead end, you have no future, unless you’re content in staying stagnant, there is NO room for ANY kind of growth. Absolute waste of time and biggest mistake ever! You are better off going with a large company, at least you have room to grow. Pay is horrible, benefits are terrible, management is mediocre at best.

Pros

Ha!

Cons

Just don’t waste your time!

June 19, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve Access Sciences to make it a great place to work. We benchmark our benefit plans regularly and know that our benefits package is very generous. We are an employee-owned company which is a zero cost benefit to our employees. This provides future retirement income without the employee buying anything. We welcome feedback at each location and if someone isn't comfortable providing that feedback to on-site management, our HR department has an open door and is very responsive.

Micro-managed and Clique

I would not recommend this company to anyone. The work culture is very stressful and a typical day you will be monitored and observed even if you are not aware of it. This company is not for its employees but only for the client. I took advantage of all the over detailing and micro-managing as a growth opportunity to develop new software and skills to take with me to my next job. The health insurance is very expensive and the PTO is not good either.

Pros

Good Training

Cons

Benefits and Micro-Managing

Nice People, different than advertised

The people here are nice enough, but the positions are not accurately described and there is pressure to not get sick, take days off, etc. Even with adequate warning, managers get angry.

Access Sciences

Access Sciences was a good learning experience and all the training was excellent to accomplish the job performance need to achieve our goals so that we could meet the challenges to meet our deadline for the job.

Pros

free training classes, free lunches

Cons

Laid off

Contract Reliant

Great people to work with but jobs are contract specific and once the contract is complete your out of a job unless you have computer programming experience.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Jobs based on Contract requirements, staff for specific contracts.

Jobs at Access Sciences Corporation

See more jobs

The training for the position did not exsit.

I was given very poor training and what I was given was very confusing. And despite telling them what my skills where before I started they expected work above the level of my stated skills.

June 19, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We have improved our recruiting practices and are confident that our practices identify the strongest and best candidate for the specific position.

Full time contract job

Lackadaisical management practices, the callowness of their training abilities is quite abysmal. Zero involvement from corporate office located out of state..

Pros

Full benefits

Cons

Off-site management unengaged

June 19, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Over the past two years, at least one person from the Executive Team visits our remote locations on a quarterly basis. This is an opportunity for the teams to interact with someone from the corporate office and provides an opportunity for sharing information. We also have company tag-up meetings twice per month as a way for our remote team members to feel connected.

Fun place to work

Working for Access Sciences was a great company to work for. It is a company that outsources its employees to other companies. I only worked for one company while employed at Access Sciences. I worked a Shell as a business analyst. I gain great knowledge and skills.

IT has been a great place to work

Access Sciences was a great company for. Approaching deadlines make everyone work longer and harder but my time there was well spent.

Wonderful Company to work for

This company was a wonderful company to work for. They took care of their employees and helped in the on going task at hand. The office manager was a blessing to work for, a vey caring god fearing man who knew how to work his employees and get the most out of them and get a great job done. Really enjoyed working for them and hope to do so in the coming years.

Pros

Took care of the employees and the job as well

Cons

I dont think I know of one

Very professional and well managed

Overall working here has been a good learning experience for me. Very professional and well managed, and organized company, we educated supervisors and managers and project engieers and managers, always there to help.

Pros

Great cafeterias, no one breathing down your neck.

Cons

Wish I was a perm employee

Project based assignments

Typical work day consisted of assigning tasks to technicians and clerks. My co-workers were a diverse group with different experiences and skills in records.

Decent job with good hours

Provided record management for a large Texas-based oil company. Categorized, shelved and assisted in the documentation of sensitive files in company storage facility/warehouse.

Productive workplace with friendly staff.

I've worked for Access Sciences for 8 contracted to various clients during that time. Access has made every effort to keep me outsourced.

Pros

Flexible work/sick and family time plus benefits

Cons

Sometimes the work locations are really far from your side of town

Great Company to work for

Over all, this company was by far the best natured company of all to work for. They were always for their employees and helped all they could.

Pros

Held lunches, etc as if one big family

Cons

Had excellent health care and other medical offerings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Sciences Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Access Sciences Corporation in popular locations