AccessPoint Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Desirable Benefits
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 14, 2018
Accesspoint did not have a good family/life balance. They did offer desirable medical benefits. The culture differs among locations. The overall Management is OK, great at times and shady during others.
Family oriented
Office Manager/Dispathcer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 26, 2018
Access Point is a great place to work. They are a family oriented company who values their employees. The management team is very active with the staff in regards to training and or needs for the office.
I am NOT reviewing Access Point but rather this job specifically!!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Alma, MIApril 22, 2018
My fiance applied for a Assistant Dispatching position at a client in Alma. She told the place from day one she had very little to no experience. The owner of this company told her and I quote "If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach you." My fiance loved it there, and was told she was catching on fast and doing a good job. After basically a week they let her go saying they had decided she "wasn't a good fit for the position" but the owner told her that the lady training her decided she didn't have the time needed to train her, and that she "wasn't catching on fast enough". The lady training her told her she was the 6th or 7th person who has "tried out" for this position since January 2018. (4 months) I asked around since I have been in the trucking business for 20 years and found out a dispatcher I currently work with (very experienced) worked there 2 days and was let go because she also wasn't catching on fast enough. My fiance said the people there were very nice to her, but they did hire her replacement on a Friday morning and let her work Friday as well as Monday and never said a word. They also let her come in Tuesday and let her go 20 min before her replacement showed up to start....which, for what it's worth, the replacement also lasted roughly a week. The position pays $14/hr....but it's not enough. They say they will teach you but I don't know anyone who can completely know thier job in a week especially with zero experience in that field. Fact is they need someone with experience that needs little to no training and they won't find that for $14/hr when  more... there is companies paying $20 for dispatchers with no experience.  less
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Not sufficient training
Great place to work!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2018
I started with AccessPoint in 2016 as full time/direct hire employee and absolutely love it here! I work in our corporate office in Farmington HIlls and have to say the people here are great to work for/with on a daily basis.
The work culture is good too which is very important - they are always planning employee outings, celebrating birthdays every month, and we also play ping pong on Thursday with snacks provided. I enjoy my role here as well as working directly with my colleague & Manager.
I previously worked for a staffing firm that had extremely high turn-over & everchanging polices - AccessPoint has it together, processes/policies in place, etc.
And they appreciate your hard work! The CEO/Chairman of the company is a wonderful man and should be very proud of the company he "built"!
Pros
Great teams in place, a work place that actually cares for its employees
productive and an exciting place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 21, 2018
it could be better with the hourly pay. sometimes hectic with some patients so you should be a really patient and calm person to thrive under such conditions.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
dental care coverage
Unprofessional Office
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2018
I have never worked for this company before.
They called me to stop by the office and surprised.
Very Unprofessional Office Environment.
How can they be in business?
Traverse City team was all really nice!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 3, 2017
I could tell that the TC team was doing their best to help me. I understand that its not up to them if someone gets hired, but they make it really firnedly there. They always have snacks and coffee too. I appreciate the help that I got and liked the front desk person and the manager.
Pros
Helpful, Good Coffee, Polite and Professional, Friendly
Cons
They dont decide on pay, cant tell you who the client is until after you are done with all the paperwork.
This company was ok
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 20, 2017
I liked the fact that they are able to place you quickly and get you working. But, I do feel as though some of the jobs they assign should pay more do to the work we are performing.
Would rather be unemployeed and inthe streets than work for them
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 26, 2017
Completely unprofessional staff and management. They say they are direct hire jobs but you are thru the agency and their rates and policies are the worst. If you want a real jobe with real hours and real pay, go somewhere else.
Awesome, but misinterpreted...
Associate (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 9, 2017
First off, what people don't understand is that AccessPoint has NOTHING to do with the individual jobs that people work. They handle the pre-screening and post-hire processes. The amount each person is paid, the hours they work, and the people they work with have NOTHING to do with AccessPoint (unless you are internal staff). I understand that they cannot please everyone, but they are an awesome company that truly cares about their associates. Everyone hears all the "bad" things about them, but no one ever shares the "good"! If course they will help you out or whatever you need, but they don't stick their necks out for people who don't care back. I love my job with AccessPoint. They offer medical, dental and vision plans for EVERYONE, no matter the position, and that is rare! I suggest that you give them a chance, try them out, get a feel for how the company really is. See for yourself.
Pros
Honest, caring and understanding
Cons
Sometimes their clients are hard to work with
was
Flagger (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 6, 2017
Was promised fulltime hours. Working parttime. Sometime. Very inconsistant. Hours vary. Maybe a few days in a row. Have not worked more than 25 hours for one week. Although they tell you its going to be full time they put you on call 1/2 the time and tell you its due to lack of work. Good pay. Just vary inconsistent.
Pros
A paycheck. Maybe.
They suck
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gladwin, MIJune 2, 2017
Worse plave I. Have ever worked for. They over work you an under pay you they care. Nothing aboit their workers. Never would i work here again ive wasted 2 years of my life i regret it.
easy to work for
Laborer (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 2, 2017
over all a good place to work. Staff is helpfull, Good pay and don't have fight to get it. Honest and fair.Willing to work with you . works hard to find you a plcment
Pros
Easy to work for
Cons
Hot long days
Great place to work.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 6, 2017
Working here was one of the best experiences in my life, The people there are some of the best people I've ever met. In all honesty, I wish I still worked there.
Unprofessional Office Enviroment
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 14, 2017
It is an unprofessional office. I sat there praying that a certain person wasn't my case manager and she was. They helped me find a job but very unprofessional.
Sucky
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 6, 2017
They took money out of my check because "they were paying me to much". It has happened to a few other people. They don't care about their employees.
very interesting work service
Collections representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 6, 2016
days usually goes up and down but a gratifying work experience. I learned important lesson when it come to customer service, and that is you get an upfront seat to experience a lot different personalities in the work force on and off of the phones.
Pros
possible weekly bonues
Cons
short lunches
not a real good assignment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 27, 2016
I was not made to be a customer services representative period. It was not a good fit. I felt like I was adding fuel to the fire and not putting out the flames. There was way too much stress, tension not to mention no matter how hard I tried to do what they wanted I just could not make the mark. I am not a quick problem solver I am a listener and a comforter. I was not made to be a customer services representative plan and simple.
Pros
got paid every week
Cons
too much stress
Long hours mean big bucks
Lead within first month (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2015
Being a temp agency they don't usually have a lot of employees so most people work 50+ hours per week which is great for a while but then you get burnt out pretty quickly as they hassle you when you ask for days off.
Professional and structured company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIOctober 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time at AccessPoint. It was a very professional and structured environment and I learned a great deal from working there.