Accion Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
Great environment to work at, team support, open-door policy, for the most part great management. The organization is very flexible with our personal family schedule, very understanding and supportive in that aspect.
Mission oriented organization!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
Accion is a wonderful place to work if your are passionate about the mission.
Everyone is really motivated and feels part of the accion family.
It has the challenges of any other non profit.
Workplace culture is wonderful.
Great place to work with friendly passionate people
Contractor Loan Application Processor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
The people at this company are very passionate about what they do for the community and the people they serve. It is a very diverse place to work and everyone here finds a way to get things done to further serve the community. As a non-profit the people are friendly and motivated and VERY community-oriented. Everyone is here because they want to be and they believe in the cause.
Pros
laid back friendly environment, occasional happy hours, good benefits, helpful staff
Great enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
The hardest part of the job was not training me correctly. My supervisor did not take the time to sit with me and explain my duties. The other employees were very helpful.
Culturally Diverse and interested in helping those in need
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 17, 2016
I work only part time at Accion and so far I do enjoy greatly working here. I have a wonderful relationship with all of my coworkers and hope to keep it that way. I've learned more about excel, different ways to ship documents among many other things Most of all I love the fact that they have so much opportunity for professional growth. I would stay here for ever if it wasn't for my interest in Interpreting.
Pros
The Culture of the work place
Cons
cleaning up after others
Mission driven enterprise with great people
Credit Analyst, New York Lending Team (Current Employee) –  New York CitySeptember 30, 2015
Days are great, in the morning I look prepare my financial analysis of current client. These include cash flow analysis as it relates to loan coverage. Have conversations to understand key concepts of the business (Margins, Suppliers, Key Business Activities, Loan Purpose, Customer Profile) all this is done to better prepare a loan package for the underwriting team. Continuous client communication to acquire key financial documents (Taxes, Corporate documents, Pay stubs, Business Applications, Collateral titles, Bank Statements) to better understand the financial situation of start-ups and small businesses. Try to order some food to the office or visit some of the businesses to meet the owners in person. Three to five times a month I attend financial education talks with key partners. From presentations to Small Business Owners about accounting or taxes or the steps for acquiring financing. This is essential for securing the necessary grants, Community Reinvestment Act related credit lines from larger banks to continue growing.
Pros
Free Yearly Metrocard, Health Benefits, Bonuses, Paid Vacations.
Cons
Low Pay
Excellent place to work
Impact Investing Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2013
Great atmosphere, intelligent and approachable teammates, always an opportunity to learn and get involved.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Mortgage Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeApril 23, 2012
Processing Loans and getting awarded bonuses for a job well done.