ACCO Brands Employee Reviews

Good People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 26, 2018
Enjoyed working at ACCO Brands, the size of the company hinders it's ability to be as agile as needed. The great people are it's biggest asset! I've worked with some great folks who really embrace the challenges of their positions.
Learned a lot
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 16, 2018
It has been awhile since I have worked here, but while I was there I had many mentors that taught me so many things and I learned a lot from them and from the company.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
No advancement
Great Job
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 11, 2018
ACCO Brands is an innovative company with a great deal to offer. My average day consists of performing PMs, fixing machinery, and projects. I troubleshoot any problems that arises with machines that interferes with production. It is and had been my job to ensure all machinery is operating safely.
Pros
Competitive Benefits
Cons
Little Advancement Opportunities
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. Excellent benefits, and opportunity for growth within the company.

Great management, and the people are easy to get along with.

Would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
great benefits, and work schedule
Cons
overtime and weekends
Ok
Material Handler/Pressroom (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYApril 3, 2018
This place was good when it was a small company. Now its a big enterprise that really doesnt care about the employees just their money. No more family oriented place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Expensive insurance
Plant Controller
Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYMarch 30, 2018
The best part of the job was working with the Plant Manager and his direct reports and learning about about a new industry and company. Had a cost accountant reporting to me and was respsonsible for the Cost Accounting for all US plants on SAP. Also did all the financial reporting and presented the results monthly on calls to corporate in Chicago. The plant manager worked closely with me on our monthly conference calls and we worked very well together in presenting and explaining the results of the month to both Financial and Operations Senior Management at Corporate Headquaters.
Pros
Working with the Plant Manager
Productive and fun place
Cycle counter/warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 25, 2018
Doing whatever job is assigned, working alongside other teammates. Participating in company activities throughout the year. Being able to learn new jobs ,so you could help out anywhere.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great company in a dying industry
Distribution (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2018
Great people, but poor decision making from the top. The industry is dying due to advancement in technology. Changes were made that drove away customer, and the company never recovered. Yearly cuts are made to improve profitability.
it is an okay company to work for.
Packer/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSFebruary 13, 2018
Having to stand for 12 hours a day doing the same thing over and over was my least favorite part of this job. The manager at the time of my employment was not very helpful and he was rude.
Stressful and fast paced.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSFebruary 6, 2018
If something messes up, your always to blame. The management isn't that great. After a week of being a machine operator your hands back and shoulders will kill you.
Internship
Mead Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 5, 2018
ACCO Brands provides their interns with a lot of knowledge about he company. Other interns were passionate and easy to work with. Work would come and go, but the work provided was not tedious. Could apply lessons in school to work being completed.
Pros
Free Lunch and Great Work Environment
Cons
Work was slow at times
It's a job
Assembly Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJanuary 21, 2018
It is an ok place to work. A paycheck at the least. There is a lot of bending and lifting. Some of the boards are extremely heavy. Sometimes there is overtime, but you are off on all holidays.
Creative, Positive environment and great people!
MARKETING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 21, 2018
ACCO Brands is a fantastic place to work. I have never felt more comfortable and accepted as quickly as I did at ACCO. The people are fantastic, everyone is open to questions and making connections. The work environment is very relaxed and you are able to express yourself. New ideas and inter-department collaborations are always welcomed! Overall, fantastic place to work.
Pros
Community Building, Smart Casual dress
Productive place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJanuary 15, 2018
Productive place to work, fast paced, learn different skills, could advance in different buildings, and build job skills in each department. Had different benefits as in pay, vacation days, insurance, etc.
Pros
productive place
Cons
Not enough pay
Cut throat and back stabbing.
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kemper, ILJanuary 11, 2018
This company treats you like a number, not a person. They are willing to borrow money from one division so it is unnoticed and they can meet certain financial requirements and are willing to lay people off and double up the work load of others to help fudge numbers.
Great Environment!
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 4, 2018
People are great I just wish there was more room for advancement and management positions. I feel like there is more of a chance for a management position at another company.
Pros
culture, people, pay
Cons
no advancement
Good company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILDecember 18, 2017
Good company to work for. Nice and competent colleagues. Good to excellent benefits depending on tenure. Work can be a little overloading at times, but could be managed.
Tech Team Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 5, 2017
A culture of micromanagement. Management has a engrained culture of micromanagement. Work life balance is poor and training is non existent. Company depends to much on out sourced resources for everything even when they consistently do a poor job. Very little inter-departmental communication or collaboration.
Pros
Excellent pay and bonus
Cons
Work life balance, micromanagement culture
A fast -paced manufacturing organization with great office products
Vice President of Finance (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILDecember 4, 2017
Acco Brands provided an excellent opportunity to work as a Vice President of Finance for a major office product line. Swingline office products are manufactured in Mexico by a dedicated work force. It was a pleasure to work for the company.
great place to work
Sr. Ecommerce Analyst (Direct Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILOctober 24, 2017
Acco is a great place to work. The people are great, communication is the best I have seen at any other company. The work hours are flexible and working from home is not discouraged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCO Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight