ACCO Brands Employee Reviews

It was a fun work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJuly 5, 2018
The pay was good management was great. The hours was great just what i needed with my children at the time i wS employed there. I enjoyed working with other people i made a lot of friends. The overall experience was great.
Productive and a Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSJune 29, 2018
When working at ACCO Brands you feel like you are working for Family. The environment is very friendly and helpful. It is a very nice place to work. I would and have recommended ACCO Brands to anyone who has asked me about jobs openings.
Fast pace
Ring operator/ fork lift operator/ widdman packer (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NYJune 15, 2018
Great coworkers and pay very competitive. Union is good always there when needed break rooms big and have anything you need bosses keep you up to date on events
Pros
Fast paced and freindly coworkers
production assembly
Machine Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYJune 4, 2018
I work second shift but am laid off at the moment. I like working here. the hardest part of the work is standing all day. The most enjoyable is working with the people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
temporary worker
Great company but can be limiting
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 1, 2018
This is all just in my personal experience. The atmosphere is great and the people are great. Sometimes when trying to grown or move to a new position, opportunities don't come knocking very much. Its very easy to get stuck and not grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMay 31, 2018
ACCO has a great work environment and great people working there. Job is professional yet relaxed. The supervisors are wonderful people. The benefits are great
Fun, fast-paced work environment.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 8, 2018
ACCO Brands has been a really fun place to work over the last 4 years. I've learned a lot about the world of print design and print management. It's a relaxed environment with fast-paced projects and sometimes high-quality licensed clients. I think one of the most difficult things about working here is the lack of communication that can sometimes arise between production (me) and the design team upstairs. Things have a tendency to get lost in translation leaving me without answers or with the wrong ones. The company does a good job of making sure the employees are well taken care of when it comes to offsite outings and group events. Overall, working here has been a great experience. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room to move up on my team and since I am contracted in, I do not have good benefits.
Good People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 26, 2018
Enjoyed working at ACCO Brands, the size of the company hinders it's ability to be as agile as needed. The great people are it's biggest asset! I've worked with some great folks who really embrace the challenges of their positions.
Learned a lot
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 16, 2018
It has been awhile since I have worked here, but while I was there I had many mentors that taught me so many things and I learned a lot from them and from the company.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
No advancement
Great Job
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 11, 2018
ACCO Brands is an innovative company with a great deal to offer. My average day consists of performing PMs, fixing machinery, and projects. I troubleshoot any problems that arises with machines that interferes with production. It is and had been my job to ensure all machinery is operating safely.
Pros
Competitive Benefits
Cons
Little Advancement Opportunities
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. Excellent benefits, and opportunity for growth within the company.

Great management, and the people are easy to get along with.

Would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
great benefits, and work schedule
Cons
overtime and weekends
Ok
Material Handler/Pressroom (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYApril 3, 2018
This place was good when it was a small company. Now its a big enterprise that really doesnt care about the employees just their money. No more family oriented place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Expensive insurance
Plant Controller
Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYMarch 30, 2018
The best part of the job was working with the Plant Manager and his direct reports and learning about about a new industry and company. Had a cost accountant reporting to me and was respsonsible for the Cost Accounting for all US plants on SAP. Also did all the financial reporting and presented the results monthly on calls to corporate in Chicago. The plant manager worked closely with me on our monthly conference calls and we worked very well together in presenting and explaining the results of the month to both Financial and Operations Senior Management at Corporate Headquaters.
Pros
Working with the Plant Manager
Productive and fun place
Cycle counter/warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 25, 2018
Doing whatever job is assigned, working alongside other teammates. Participating in company activities throughout the year. Being able to learn new jobs ,so you could help out anywhere.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great company in a dying industry
Distribution (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2018
Great people, but poor decision making from the top. The industry is dying due to advancement in technology. Changes were made that drove away customer, and the company never recovered. Yearly cuts are made to improve profitability.
it is an okay company to work for.
Packer/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSFebruary 13, 2018
Having to stand for 12 hours a day doing the same thing over and over was my least favorite part of this job. The manager at the time of my employment was not very helpful and he was rude.
Stressful and fast paced.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSFebruary 6, 2018
If something messes up, your always to blame. The management isn't that great. After a week of being a machine operator your hands back and shoulders will kill you.
Internship
Mead Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 5, 2018
ACCO Brands provides their interns with a lot of knowledge about he company. Other interns were passionate and easy to work with. Work would come and go, but the work provided was not tedious. Could apply lessons in school to work being completed.
Pros
Free Lunch and Great Work Environment
Cons
Work was slow at times
It's a job
Assembly Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJanuary 21, 2018
It is an ok place to work. A paycheck at the least. There is a lot of bending and lifting. Some of the boards are extremely heavy. Sometimes there is overtime, but you are off on all holidays.
Creative, Positive environment and great people!
MARKETING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 21, 2018
ACCO Brands is a fantastic place to work. I have never felt more comfortable and accepted as quickly as I did at ACCO. The people are fantastic, everyone is open to questions and making connections. The work environment is very relaxed and you are able to express yourself. New ideas and inter-department collaborations are always welcomed! Overall, fantastic place to work.
Pros
Community Building, Smart Casual dress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCO Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight