Accolade, Inc. Employee Reviews

Accolade Review
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 22, 2019
Great place to work, wonderful team that knows what it's about. There is additionally, a great espirt de corp that makes one feel like they are apart of something greater then themselves, and want to work with all the members of the team. Management does express genuine interest and concern in the well-being of the employees.

Cons

There was a transition in management while I was there. It was difficult to discern what was going on. Hope it has been settled!

Advice to Management

If you provide great services to your customers, going public will be a by product of the services that you provide. If your sole mission is to go public, then you're going to design the company to go public, and not to innovate and transform the healthcare experience utilizing technology and leveraging your workforce. Focus on providing quality service, going public will be a natural consequence of that.
Call center rep
BIlling Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 11, 2019
This is just a glorified call center. They promise they are trying to see you succeed but the second you start falling off on your number they get you out of there! They are not trust worthy !!!!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Short break
Positive Intern Experience, Great Company Culture
Business Process Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 31, 2019
The only critique I have is to provide more hands-on guidance to interns. This was my first internship and I had no idea how to go about completing the work, so I would have appreciated more hands-on guidance. I would have also liked more networking events to meet the senior leadership team.
Pros
great culture
Cons
little guidance
Excellent company to work for
Decline to Mention (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 25, 2019
I was only there a short while for a contract position, but the whole company is great. The people, the culture, made this a job that I looked forward to going to every day. Management can be a little confusing at times, but it's nothing that couldn't be handled professionally and privately.
Disconnect between upper management and workforce
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 17, 2019
Accolade says all the right things with no follow through at the organizational level. They want "bold" ideas but reject anyone that does not think and act exactly like the operational trainers and managers. stay away if you want a career.
Pros
May be a great company one day
Cons
not there yet
February 21, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your input regarding your experience at Accolade. It is disappointing to hear that your experience at Accolade wasn't more positive or that you didn't experience career growth, especially as we continually promote from within.

Great Company
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 27, 2019
Accolade is an amazing company to work for from management to the amazing benefits. They are eager to teach you to advance your career. A company that is very open to opinions and like to hear employee feedback. Management has clear expectation and standards that make it easy to self evaluate to keep yourself on track.
Ended up being a call center
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Was hired as a health assistant to be the client's "person" and help guide them thru their health care issues. Was told we could spend as much time as needed with them to create a personal relationship and gain trust. Turned out, that wasn't the case.
Collaborative environment with whip-smart employees
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2018
Everyone, across every department at Accolade, is passionate about helping others, and this translates into an enthusiastic and collaborative space to be. The company has been around for 10+ years. but it's begun a true transformation into a high-tech company that will help other corporations deliver an amazing benefits service to their employees, at scale. This isn't an issue for me, but I recognize it may be for some: The company is operating at start-up speed and growing fast. Buckle up and prepare to work hard! Not to sound cheesy. but it's incredibly exciting to be a part of a company that's moving fast and changing the world.
Pros
Great benefits, inspiring and approachable exec leadership, friendly and collaborative teammates, central office location, flexible schedule, learning and development opportunities, and celebratory culture.
Cons
growth pains
Caring company that's changing the health insurance landscape
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 27, 2018
Accolade's best assets are it's people. It has a culture of caring and making a positive impact on member's lives. The company continues to grow which is exciting and yet can also be a bit stressful for the amount of change. One of the best aspects about working here is that I have multiple avenues to give feedback, provide input, and be honest. I feel empowered to speak up to senior leaders if I think something isn't working.

The most enjoyable part of the job is reading the member stories and how their lives were impacted by Accolade.

The most stressful is the change management and occasional gaps in communication.
Pros
culture, coworkers, pay, benefits
Cons
fast-paced, frequent changes
Great People, Hard Work and Rewarding Outcomes
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2018
Accolade is fast-growing company with a mission to reinvent healthcare. This means it's fast-paced. If you are energized by change and innovative thinking gets you up in the morning, this is the place for you. I personally give Accolade 5 stars across the board, but this is truly a company that can be anything you make of it. There are opportunities for everyone in the company to submit ideas, open feedback is encouraged, and leadership is transparent. This environment may not be right for someone who does not enjoy being very busy or those that do not like fast-paced, environment. Again, there is a lot of change as well. The people at Accolade is what makes it great though. Accolade hires some of the brightest, most compassionate people I have ever worked with.
Pros
people, benefits, innovation, culture
Cons
rapid change
Amazing Place to Grow Personally and Professionally
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 27, 2018
Accolade is awesome - plain and simple. There's a lot of incredibly talented and bright people here trying to find the solution to mending a fractured US healthcare system via incredible technologies and really smart navigation services with empathetic detective work through our Health Assistants. It's a phenomenal place to meet selfless people who will help you learn and grow and the projects you get to work on are amazing. Plus leadership allows you to connect with them regularly and in a very comfortable fashion. I highly recommend it.
Pros
Pioneering work, open work culture, tons of fun activities, lots of leadership exposure and learning
Cons
Tons of work to do, can be overwhelming, but that's typical of any company
informative
Health Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 20, 2018
A typical day is answering inbound calls and reviewing insurance benefits to members, get them to a nurse if reacting to symptoms. I go over their benefits in details. Provide resourses if needed.
Great and every changing company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 28, 2018
I have been at Accolade for 3 years and in that time have seen us grown and become a more mature organization that continues to be focused on innovation and finding new and creative ways to better serve our clients in getting the best outcomes related to their healthcare.

There is a true sense of teamwork and collaboration.
Pros
creative, listens to and takes employee feedback, transparent information
Cons
lots of change, which can be hard for folks
Excellent company to work for
Office Coordinator Accolade (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2018
The best employer I have ever had. Lot's of opportunity for growth, calm yet productive work environment. Employee relationships with upper management are cultivated and encouraged, Provides excellent customer service and it's mission is really emphasized to employees and customers.
Pros
Strong encouragement for employee growth, incredible mission, fun place to work
February 21, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. So great to hear that your experience at Accolade was so positive. Your feedback regarding relationships being cultivated at all levels of the organization and with clients is so core to who we are and how we deliver value to our clients.

Company struggling to get profitable
HEALTH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2018
Company's culture has changed for the worse and employees are being asked to work harder than ever before with less pay and support. Tough times ahead.
Pros
Work from home, decent pay
Cons
No lunches, no sick time, very little opportunity for advancement.
It is a good place to learn
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2018
I am learning a lot of hard skill and soft skill in the time working at Accolade, It is a great place to work for with good culture, good CEO, good manager and good team members.
February 21, 2019

It is great to hear that you are learning so much during your time at Accolade. That is definitely a large part of our culture and want our employees to continue to grow their careers here.

A typical work day
BILLING HEALTH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 26, 2018
the most enjoyable part is the chance to work from home.
the hardest part is too many changes, too many 1 on 1.
micro management. they are more number driven.
Pros
work from home
Cons
short breaks, favoritism, too many 1 on 1 meetings
nonefficient goals, care more about the $ than the employees.
Claims and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 22, 2018
Company was decent when I first started, then became an unorganized organization. There was inadequate supervision, substandard technology, and no clear leadership direction.

They changed their quality component for the position on a whim and never did use the same figures when calculating how an employees performance was graded.

Changed the quality component and did not use the same standards that were to be using for people in the same position.

Communications were never clear, changing weekly.
Going in a different direction
Advanced Client Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 2, 2018
This company started off as something that, as an employee, you felt that you were truly making a difference for someone and you felt fulfilled. It's now a call center with more members than they can handle.
Decent place
Product Team (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 1, 2018
Good people and culture but management is not engaged. Teams are broken apart and it takes 3 times the effort to get something done. Vision is not communicated clearly and you feel like you work in a silo,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accolade, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight