Accolade Inc Employee Reviews

staff advance faster and make more than managers - advancement is 50% popularity contest
anonymous (Former Employee) –  non disclosedApril 28, 2018
quality employees across the board - potential for flexibility - nurses expected to pick up the slack for all other departments without additional resources
Challenging and rewarding for the right type of person
Clinical Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462April 10, 2018
Accolade will always be near and dear to my heart. The only reason I am leaving is that they have become more efficiency driven as they have grown, so the position I was in became more stressful and challenging. This became overwhelming and had a negative impact for me. It was time to make a change.

I felt that I was well-compensated and cared for, as well as listened to. I also really enjoyed working with clients 1 on 1 and being able to give them my undivided attention.

Great company!
Pros
Beautiful offices, remote work options, high job satisfaction
Cons
Stress, burnout, no tuition reimbursement
Incredible Experience - Growing and Learning
Support Team (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 11, 2018
Never have I worked in a place where:

- You can dress, feel, and act comfortably as yourself
- You can learn, communicate with, and interact with Executives + thought leaders (there are no offices for anyone)
- You can own your projects, feel empowered to execute with your creative spin all while feeling recognized
- You can make a true impact for the healthcare landscape while innovating with technology and science.

Love it here!
Pros
Talented leaders, fun/spirited culture
Cons
Constant change - but that's not always a bad thing
This was an amazing opportunity when I started
PA / Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 8, 2018
This was an amazing opportunity when I started. However, they acquired other companies and did not hire more people to take on the work load. They expect us to take on double sometimes quadruple the work in the same amount of time. Then turn around and tell us that we need to take care of ourselves.
Pros
Good benefits, Good overall idea for work culture, very nice employees
Cons
increased workload, not enough time to get the work done. Way too much emphasis on feelings!
Interesting Environment
Vice President, Analytics (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 30, 2017
I enjoyed my five years at Accolade. It had an innovative product, culture and work environment. It has continued to grow and is reaching its potential.
Pros
Innovation
Cons
Lack of focus
Company aspiring to be great and turn the healthcare experience on it's ear
Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 9, 2017
Accolade is a fast paced, high energy company with a great culture and a management team destined to succeed.

The company cares about their employees and constantly strives to make the right decisions for both it's clients and employees.
Pros
culture, people, passion
Cons
work pace
Not what was expected
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 27, 2017
The job as a health assistant pays well, the hours are good, and the teams are great unfortunately you spend your at least part of everyday getting yelled at because people are unhappy with their insurance coverage and have been given misinformation by other parties. If you have thick skin and having adults(who know better) blame you for things out of your control doesn't bother you this is a great place to work with advancement opportunities and a casual family like atmosphere.
Horrible! Run as far away as you can!
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 16, 2017
At Accolade you are just a number. They care more about their bottom line and customers than they do their employees. This job is stressful and no matter what they say it IS a call center. Management is a joke and doesn't really care to advance you unless you suck up to them. The culture is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Let's work together and take care of each other. That's not what they care to do. They are always changing the metrics and piling more and more on you. They want you to be quicker and take more calls no matter what the cost. If you value your mental health please don't apply. Oh also one more thing. They get rid of people who are actually doing their job and keeping the ones who are lazy. They put you on plans for silly things. Run. Just run!
Pros
Nice office, free coffee, work from home opportunity.
Cons
Stressful, no advancement unless you suck up to management, good pay, but not enough to put up with what you do here, Call center environment, Management has lack of empathy for their workers.
Waste of Time
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 3, 2017
A company (with former good intentions as related to their clients-not employees) run into the ground with the takeover by a new CEO. Although previously not diverse and still not enough diversity at least you knew what the focus was. Now utter chaos, focus off the client and on the dollar. Moving towards a regular company that engages in the same business (healthcare) where the focus is on numbers and less on people.
Pros
Benefits but still not the top of the line.
Cons
Opinions fall on deaf ears as the focus of the company has been lost. They love Twitter!
Company Changed Directions
Lead Behavioral Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 1, 2017
Company now puts data before client service. When I started the motto was "Delight the client and take care of each other." The culture has changed to answer as many phone calls as you can.
It was a great place to work if you looked the part
An on-demand healthcare concierge for employers (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 19, 2017
Accolade only promoted & developed people of a certain race, under the age of 40, physically fit & attractive. If you looked the part you could go far.
Pros
Flexible scehduling. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. You could wear jeans to work.
Cons
No diversity in upper management, If you spoke up you were silenced, . Metrics changed often to prevent people from meeting them.
Official response from Accolade Inc
August 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share these thoughts with us. We value all feedback and are working hard to improve in all areas, including professional growth and development. In regards to your comments about employee growth and development, we understand your feelings and have a culture that not only supports any concerns an employee may have but is also something we take very seriously as the backbone of our organization. Our culture is built on understanding, appreciating and embracing the different experiences, skills and points of view our employees bring to the table and anything less is not tolerated. We offer a variety of internal channels for employees to utilize if they have any concerns, witness or experience behaviors that are not aligned with our cultural cornerstones. Each of these issues will be investigated and dealt with appropriately.

Awesome place
Payroll Specialist- Contract (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 15, 2017
Accolade is an excellent place to work. There's a balance, opportunity for growth. They are dynamic and exciting! You would be lucky to be considered.
Cons
total commitment to employee needs.
Clinical Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 6, 2017
The best organization I ever worked at. Management instills an empowerment environment. H R is totally dedicated to help an employee feel comfortable and to achieve success
Pros
great management
Cons
Great coworkers in an extremely stressful workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 6, 2017
Super busy environment and it can be extremely stressful.
I'm lucky to work with a great team who makes working there bearable. The company is currently experiencing growing pains. The intent for the client is good.
Great up and coming company
Knowledge Content Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 30, 2017
Accolade was a fun place to work. The compensation is fair, however they can work on management and the some of the ways in which they handle internal promotions.
Pros
Lots of employee activities and great compensation
Cons
Management could use alot of work
Ping pong tables for the elite
HEALTH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2017
Call center all the way. Certainly not worth the hype. Definitely in saving money mode at any costs which become not moral or humane. Don't care about the client or the employees. All about money and looking the "silicon valley" way.
Pros
Coffee that is free for now.
Cons
Too many chiefs, Why they have to fire the underlings
Amazing company
Talent Acquisition Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 20, 2017
I do not have a bad thing to say about this company that helped me grow and prosper not only as an employee but most importantly as a human being too.
Pros
Growth in your career, amazing coworkers and executives have the companys best interests at heart
Cons
None I can truly state right now.
call center
Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 19, 2017
Diversity issues, micromanagement. Chaos. Not profitable. Too much rolling out at once. Do not perfect things before rolling out causing multiple redos and delays.
Fun workplace with many activities during the year and with Ping Pong Table
SQL/Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Easy Environment to work In. People are very Cooperative. Flexible work schedule.Work from Home option. Great place to work.
Fast Paced
Operational Supervisor - Claims and Benefits (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Currently working within claims and benefits there isn't much down time. I provide support to all departments and interact with all level of associates. I have been able to develop a strong rapport with my vendors, which is a crucial part of my job. Since I working from home, I have to find ways to stay connect to the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accolade Inc. Our community is ready to answer.