ACCORD Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok
21st CCLC Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NYJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with a select few people. The fact that we were so spread out geographically made for a gap in communication and feeling of being one team.
I love working with children, but there is poor management.m
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NYMarch 23, 2018
I love working with children, but I want to do something else and have a different management team. There was no support when needed in the classroom.
Pros
Get to spend time with children, teach children
Cons
Short breaks, Poor management, no support
Great place to begin
Head Start Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allegany County, NYFebruary 8, 2018
They offer many trainings to help you advance in specific fields. Allegany county. Many great people, who have advanced throughout the company. Ability to work with children, or people in need.
Pros
Able to make my own hours
Cons
Long distance commute
Very great people to work with
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYSeptember 28, 2017
- My typical day would be making sure the child was taken care of
- I learned that it isn't very easy, but it is also not that hard
- Management was good
- My workplace was my home
- Hardest part of the job was nothing
- My most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend time with the child, making sure she was taken care of very well and had lots to do
Pros
Great learning expierience
Cons
Monthly pay
just loved working with younger people
bus driver/floater (Former Employee) –  Friendship, NYAugust 5, 2014
I got along with most of the teachers and management.. it was a very busy and dedicated bunch of people.
Great Mission
Youth Worker Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJune 9, 2013
I love my job. I am still employed through ACCORD corporation. While we do have to work off government funding, which creates instability in job security, the people I work with and the worthwhile experiences and education I've obtained in my work environment have proven invaluable. At ACCORD, a strengths-based approach is taken, which has helped a vast number of people in Allegany county lead more balanced and productive lives. As a Youth Worker Residential Specialist, I specialize in the respite care of youth and children of Allegany County. These children generally have diagnoses of mental disorders or experience developmental or behavioral health problems. Within my job, I have worked in two specific areas: skill building services and respite services. Skill building services, in a nutshell, requires that I meet with a child or teen for a set number of hours each week and work on goals that my client helps me formulate (again, we take a stregnths-based approach, and when kids help us create their goals, they are much more likely to meet those goals). From anger management to social skills and everything in between, I have taken these kids into the community and assisted them with these goals. The second department of my job as a Youth Worker Residential Specialist, respite services, require that I create a home-life setting for a child or teen to experience as a break away from their home environments. This also gives parents a break as well, for raising a child who has behavioral health problems can be very taxing on both the children and the parents or caretakers  more... in a household. While at respite, my fellow staff and I engage in skill building activities as well to provide the absolute best and most thorough progress in the children and youth that stay with us. While this job can be stressful and difficult at times, it is also very fulfilling. I go to work knowing that I am taking my part in making a difference in the lives of not only the children and youth that ACCORD serves, but also their families and friends. Dealing with politics in social services, no matter where one works, can be difficult and stressful, but my immediate supervisor and even upper management take time to make sure that the amount of stress placed onto my coworkers and I is minimal, which provides for more efficient progress on our part.  less
Pros
Paid trainings, Trainings available all year, Moderate Pay (Education and Experience taken into account), Friendly work environment
Cons
Job stress, 'Politics', Capped Raises, Funding problems
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NYJanuary 23, 2012
ACCORD is a great place to work. The pay is good for the work that is required and the opportunities for advancement are always present.
Pros
paid lunches, paid time off
Cons
most programs are grant funded, which means that positions could be eliminated, based on funding.