Accord Hospice

Accord Hospice Employee Reviews

Good pay, too many hours
Hospice is a calling....and many dedicated staff here. Good, helpful team. Good salary. But you do your own admissions, and this can suddenly add hours past the end of your day. Weekend on-call rotations brutal and poorly compensated. Computer documentation (WellSky/Kinnser) is horrible.
What started as a great patient driven business focused on a family has turned to corporate greed
No proper training, on call with low compensation. You have to do admissions on top of a full case load, which I’m an LPN and shouldn’t be doing admissions anyways, but of course I do what I’m told in fear of recourse. Recently joined this company due to all the long term employees talking about this wonderful family they worked for, but was I surprised when everything changed with new management. Might as well go work for the other hospice new management spoke so negatively about. New management first off wouldn’t give me a steady schedule and wont give the nurses the time of day when asking for feedback, your given the answer, I don’t have the time, just do your job, followed by multiple write ups to employees that have been there for years and none for the nurses new management has brought along with her. This company the long term employees use to speak about how patients were always at the forefront of every decision and all I have seen since starting here is the need for profit purposes to manage the nurses time to what should be thirty minutes with a patient. New management wrote a quote on board that, good care doesn’t mean time spent, which has some truth, but with death and dying time spent is sometime a huge part of that good care depending on the day
My Dream
I absolutely love working as a nurse for Accord Hospice. I love being on call because that’s when I know the 3am calls is a concerned family that needs my assistance or advice. Being a hospice nurse is my dream job. They say if you love what you do then you will never have to work a day in your life.
Pros
Great team, great software great pay
Cons
No PTO
Good
This was a start up hospice that focused on providing boutique care to
patients. The bigger hospices were losing their touch with

growing numbers.

Accord's mission was to provide excellent care and more personalized

care 24/7.
Pros
Great Nursing Team
Review for Accord
Accord Hospice is very compassionate to their patients and cares about their staff.

The staff enjoys working there as do I, however, low salary, no benefits, no phone allowance and no benefits is hard.
Pros
Professional and compassionate
Cons
Commute and no benefits
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Fast paced, always moving, never bored.
A typical day involves you driving from facility to houses and providing basic cna care to pt. You work independently in your own car and based on your own schedule that also works with the pt schedule along with their family if they are involved.
Pros
Always moving, different places per day, independent
Cons
Putting wear and tear on your own car, not paid well enough for wear on car
nice
Great place to work. Owner willing to train. Good pay! Small company but great management. Relax and fast space at time. Great place to work. Great location.
Pros
Great place to work. Owner willing to train
Cons
Driving
no comment
The Nurses provide exceptional care for all patients, they are loving and caring and make a patients journey as respectful and dignified and comfortable as possible.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment