Accord Services Employee Reviews

Accord good and bad
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAApril 24, 2018
Accord Services pays good, benefits are not good and no PTO time or paid vacation. Can't move up in the company. You are hired on a PRN bases. the most enjoyable part of job are the clients. The hardest is not getting relief form job . had to stay 24 hours at times.
Pros
pays good
Cons
no benefits
I loved working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wadley, GAMarch 18, 2018
Now since my patient is in the hospital they won't give me another case to give me my hours. I called and asked them for work they won't give me none.
Pros
Respect
Cons
No work
Great company
HR Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2018
Excellent company to work for! Management listens to the team! You get to build grest relationships with your caregivers. You are paid weekly! Awesome team players!
A Great Place to Work
NURSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 2, 2017
I learned so much at this job. I was promoted two months after I was hired because the company recognized my talents and rewarded me accordingly. I received a pay raise at each of my annual reviews. I really learned the ins and outs of home health. Having worked at other home health agencies subsequently I realize that the management completely had it together and knew what they were doing. Office retention was low but personally I would have continued working there if things in my personal life had not changed.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Career Advancement
Cons
High turnover
Enjoy working for a company that cares about their patients and employees.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30060October 6, 2017
Accord Services is a good place to work. Personnel and management treat you with respect, and they have a willingness to make arrangement for a staff replacement when you need time off from work.
Pros
Inservices for learning new skills with excellent food served.
Cons
Office personnel frequently forget to notify you when your patient is away from home.
Private duty nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 13, 2017
This was a private duty job where I lived in with the patient and his wife for three days at a time. Patient was a quadriplegic so a typical day included total care with ADLs, assisted into wheelchair, intermittent caths every 6 hours, prepared meals and fed patient. The hardest part of the job was transferring the patient from bed to wheelchair and back each day.
Unprofessional company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  GwinnettApril 28, 2017
This company is the worse you care you can get for any patients if you read good' reviews must be from people who works in the office the CNAs ending and relationship with patients what kind the professionals if the company when they know about it and all they care is about to don't lose the $$. A lot gossip if you want a decent' job look some where else .
Pros
Some patients
Be mindful of this company
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 2, 2017
The worst place to work. This company does not care about their field employees at all. They make up lies if they want to switch you to another patient, they play favoritism. They're supposed to give you raises but they don't do it unless you bring it to their attention. Working with the patients they have, quadriplegics, paraplegics and brain injury patients, you should be getting paid more than $10 an hour, but they do not care about their caregivers, the ones that do all the work. They will tell you that you are off of a case two to three days before it ends. If you choose to work for this agency by all means go for it but do not make them your primary income provider, I suggest you work for multiple agencies.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Individuals that work in the office, they have no good moral compass with their employees. They greatly lack empathy
Dont walk, RUN!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 19, 2017
This company cares about no one but themselves. Worse company I ever worked for. Staff changes with the season. Can never reach staff because they are ALWAYS in a freaking meeting but sit right there and listen to you on speaker phone as if you dont have a clue. Horrible excuse for a agency.
Pros
The client
Cons
Everything else
Trash
Janitor part-time (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MODecember 29, 2016
They only care about themselves. They keep short changing you and you have to call multiple times to fix it until they understand
that they can't scam you.They don't defend you when people complain for no reason.They take forever to respond to your messages. Hardly any raises. They don't pay enough. Utter garbage! You have failed this city!
Just a body
Employee (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 19, 2016
Management sucks!!! We changed case managers every other month! Pay was generous, the home I worked in was filthy!! Roaches, dogs that peed everywhere.. GROSS!!! You were just a body to them. They did not care about the nurses at all!! Company based out of Marietta and I could count on one hand the number of times a case manager was actually in the field the entire three years I was there!! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
Friendly, helpful staff. Advancement opportunities. Family oriented business.if you have an emergency they get you coverage right away. On call is always a live person never talk to a computer.
Pros
Family oriented
Worst Company in the Workers' Comp Industry and Private Pay
Internal Employee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Worst type of management I have ever seen. The staffing manager does people wrong, mess up, and throw others under the bus; while the CEO and HR manager just go with the flow to cover it all up. Need to be shut down permanently.....
Why did I waste 8 years of my life here?
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 9, 2015
I still can not believe I stayed with this company for 8 years. They only care about themselves (office staff) and money. Money money money! "Let's see how many clients we can grab up and not fully staff!" I only gave 3 stars overall rating because I had met some awesome clients during my time here. A few not so great ones, but always people who deserved a higher standard of care. But it seems like only us CNA's truly cared about the clients. And certainly, no one cared for us. I spent the majority of my 8 years stressed out and burned out. At one point, my husband moved us 2 hours away from work. Do you think Accord was willing to move some staff around? NO! One more than one case (not just that one), I've had to commute 2 hours one way. Very rarely are you compensated for mileage. A few occasions, I was promised a gift card for coming in on my only off day. I'm still waiting for that. The nurses lie to you and your client and sometimes ask YOU to lie to your client FOR THEM.

My last case, my client was suffering. Dying. I wanted to do nothing more than whatever I had to do so the client could be comfortable. But my nurse supervisor came up with a ridiculous care plan for all shifts that did not actually help the client and threatened to remove me from the case if I continued to do things like turn the client more than every 2 hours. This was a very strenous case and we all ran our butts off and were exhausted. I understand that but still felt trapped and forced to go against my gut. In hindsight, I'll never do that again. She didn't care about the client's comfort. Even
  more... the family could sense that about her.

I was supposed to receive my yearly raise in December, a year ago. I waited and waited for it. The previously mentioned nurse also said she'd work on getting us all pay increases for that last case because it was such a tough case. All talk, no action. Lies.

After I left the company, they continued to call me occasionally about picking up some hours. When I finally decided some part time hours would be okay, they lie about letting me know where to place me and then sent me a separation notice. Don't call me again; you'll never have my help Accord. Ridiculous business.
Pros
Some awesome clients, exposure to different cultures.
Cons
Everything else.
not for a older mature person/ short lived job
LPN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  GANovember 1, 2015
this company has not problem being unprofessional
you are given wrong client address and are just a body to cover the shift. client home is always missing key items to give good care. sloppy work environment. no problem to short your pay check and blame you.
Pros
quick money
Cons
not professional at all
Enjoyable
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for this employer. My time at Accord Services was enjoyable. The staff was a pleasure to work with. The compensation was reasonable.
great co-workers
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 19, 2015
My co-workers are awesome, we get along well, we try to work all problems out with schedule or with case with each other. The company provides out of school nurses with the experience they need to start their career.
The experience with tracheostomy care, g-tube care, catheter care is something that you only perform on dolls in school but coming out of school and getting the hands on experience is much different. Management is good and returning your calls and if every an emergency arise they are good at covering shift.
Run Forest run!
Internal employee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 10, 2015
Management is unprofessional and is very unorganized. HR manager knows and does nothing about issues you bring up to her. Pay is low with all positions. Co workers were great that was the only good part of the job. The hardest part is working long hours with no appreciation. I did learn alot of skills that I can use at a better job. Moral is very low internally and externally and they do nothing about it expect make you work more. No real job security. You can not have a life working here.
Pros
co-workers, office next a Starbucks
Cons
no break room, no advancement, pay, management, building is old
productive
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 12, 2015
it was a really good company to work for and really good benefits. I just had to leave the company due to a car wreck I worked to many hours and no off days cause id go in when ever they needed me they could always count on me.
Overall good company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Cared for quadriplegic in his home. Provided nursing skills. Ran errands, housekeeping duties. Felt like I was leaving one home and going to another. Didn't feel like work at all. I drove an hour to work for 6 years. Never got any mileage pay. Didn't have a problem with them until I became injured. That's when I began getting negative feedback.
Pros
Spending time with my client. Gift cards at Christmas.
Cons
No pay for mileage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accord Services. Our community is ready to answer.