Accordius Health logo

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Spreading Like A Virus Across LTC

Awful company from New Jersey that is buying up nursing homes across the south faster than I have ever seen. Medicare fraud. They purposely keep dangerously low staffing numbers and their strategie is to feel all beds with what people consider the "worst patients". Those poor patients deserve better because Accordius is 100% quantity over quality. Every company values profit, but these crooks do not place any value in patient care and safety.

October 8, 2019
We value all reviews and feedback. Please feel free to contact the home office if you would like to discuss any issues in further detail.

Some employees very dedicated and hard working but gets no recognition Nursing management very shady. Dont want to pay employees their worth

Residents and floor staff very good to work with but the bosses will end up running everyone off. To much expected from individuals because they dont want to hire for positions want current staff to be over extended. No organization Management plays childish games and will lie to you. Work life balance poor compensation and benefits poor No holiday pay difficult to just get a pay check that is correct.

Pros

Floor staff

Corporate is two faced

Corporate is two faced and act like they care. They tell us to call and let them know how things are going. We call and tell them how short staffed we are and they never do anything about it. They walk by call lights and never answer them.

Pros

Cons

No support

This place is not treating it's employees fair

This facility has more than enough residents and has been getting new residents but yet corporate is telling us that our census is too low and have been having our work hours purposely cut and purposely forcing us to work short staffed on the floor and it's not fair to purposely overwork us with a facility full of staff who actually want to work. It's also not fair to the residents who don't get the proper care because they will not allow enough workers to work on the floor but purposely put a lot of burden on workers to work short. It's also not fair that because you purposely cut hours that you make employees use up all their pto hours which wont eben allow them to be able to take time off work.

Pros

Money is ok but could be better

Cons

Forced to work short staffed and hours cut

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Poor Corporate Leadership

I can truly say that leadership is a joke. They talk a good game to get you in the door, and then it is false promises, especially when it comes to the recruiting role. You have recruiters that are working onsite at their corporate location that have very limited tools. For example, no applicant tracking system and no HR leadership team. The HR Manager that was recently hired is a joke. Instead of partnering with her recruiters to determine and meet staffing needs, she sits behind a closed door most of the day. The senior leadership team did not have a clue as to what they were looking for in a recruiter. To be honest, the recruiting role, is a field project based recruiter opportunity. So, why in the world are recruiters sitting in a corporate office recruiting manually for facilities. Who does that? If you want to be effective as an organization and really put a dent in retention, then get an ATS, hire HR leadership team that can drive these talent acquisition initiatives.That way your recruiters are freed up to travel to some of these locations, especially remote, to do recruitment. Most of all, pay your recruiters more than 45,000 annually. During he interview process, it was stated that the salary was between 60,000 to 70,000. I should've known this was a lie. Last but not least, they need to get rid of their COO. She is indeed a joke. Very passive and only speaks to her staff when she decides too.

Pros

Cons

See my previous message

Dysfunctional, no leadership or since of teamwork

Started out as a decent place in need of a few changes. Turned into dysfunction and unorganization. No since of leadership from management with the cna’s running the facility. Never have I been in place where staff can say what they won’t do and that be acceptable.

Pros

Great residents

Cons

Dysfunctional

October 8, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are always thriving to improve our work place for everyone.

Horrible Place to Work

The Administrator who just left is a joke! Constantly complaining about the company. The DON who just left doesn't know her stuff. The company promises and promises and delivers nothing for the staff or buildings. Almost 1 year since the Brian Center sign came down and still no Front Yard Side. Very sad for our community.

Very shady company

Company comes in and takes over Sava group with promises to give quality patient care. Always short staffed with nursing, limited food offered for residents, patient care is significantly lacking, place is not well cleaned, poor administration, department heads all quitting and corporate has no care as to what is going on. Kitchen equipment always breaking, roof always leaking, transport van in terrible shape, always behind on paying bills, and always behind on ordering supplies so often times there isn't stuff available for staff and residents when needed. This new company has ruined this building.

It's a paycheck

Worst management, no training, no teamwork, terrible benefits. If you want to feel safe about not losing your nursing license, don't even consider it. However if you want to be a nurse and do drugs go for it. They don't drug test. Never heard of any healthcare jobs that didn't do any pre-employment testing. Supposedly they random test, but they can't afford to fire staff. So if you like to work like a dog with no training and being thrown under a bus go for it. If your a serious nurse, don't even consider it. They will also say whatever they think it takes to get you accept the job. But never deliver.

Pros

Patients are appreicative to compassionate nurses.

October 8, 2019
We are sorry to hear that this was your experience! We welcome any further conversations to the home office as we do value all feedback. Our consistent goal to improve both patient and employee experiences.

Jobs at Accordius Health

See more jobs

It’s a job

I love working with my coworkers but management needs improvement. Management either quits or gets fired. Staff basically runs the facility on their own. They offered staff a 750 sign on bonus and hourly rate based on experience but than when you have an interview they give you less even if you have 10+ years experience . Staffing is always short. They mess up your pay checks.

Pros

Idk

Cons

Paycheck. Short staff. Pay rate. No bonus.

October 8, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly improving all systems to make sure we are providing the best services to our staff.

Poor care, difficult workplace. New owners. I wish them well in turning it around.

New owners and management in an old program that is badly in need of revamping. They are facing an extremely challenging task to turn the place around and begin to provide quality care to the people that reside there. And an equally challenging task to make it a more satisfying place of employment. I wish them well.

It’s a job

I work, I get a check!! It’s not an ideal place to work if there is one!! They pull you in by making you think they stand behind you and then they start with little things like they say they give you 2 uniform shirts, after 4 weeks, payroll deduction! Smh

October 8, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly improving all systems to help make on boarding better.

Corporate Management Does Not Care

The corporate managers do not care about the employees that work in the facility. They are spending more time buying facilities than they are on listening to those that work in them. Once they take over a building, they then go in and cut staffing down and force the remaining good employees to leave. If you’re even thinking about working for Accordius/ The Portopicollo Group (which is really who is running it all) run very fast in the opposite direction.

What a Mess!

This company could care less about those who work for them. We were just surveyed by the health department with 38 deficiencies that should tell you no one cared.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

not enough help to care for the residents

October 8, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are working through all systems to make sure everyone of our centers is constantly improving.

Work work work

Hopefully new management will help get the facility on the right path. I was unit coordinator for a couple years and worked almost every day and every shift. No one to help with on call. MDS coordinator has gotten the facilty numerous tags from state yet has managed to keep her job. Not quite sure how. Heard they have new management so hopefully they pull it out of the trenches it's been in. Overall not a bad place to work. Floor nurses work 12+ hours with little to no break and so do the CNA's. If you want to work where you get little recognition then by all means this is the place for you.

Pros

Some wonderful residents live there

Cons

Short staffed, pay sucks, meals overpriced

October 8, 2019
We appreciate all feedback and are constantly working on improving the working environment. We have new teams in place who are committed to making positive change in all of our centers.

Beware of the roaches

I worked at this facility for 1 day and will never go back. The roaches were in residents room , windowsills, floors, their beds! I took video and photos. I reported them to the state. It’s sad that nobody in management even cared. The building is old and decrepit and should be bulldozed. The housekeeping staff cleaned the floors with the spray and mop swiffers which I’m sure is not state regulated. So heartbreaking to be there and I was happy my shift ended. I had to throw my nurses bag away due to baby roaches and kept my scrubs pants rolled up the entire time

Pros

Cons

Roaches, filthy, no supplies

October 8, 2019
We are sorry this was your experience. We are constantly thieving to improving all of our centers!

Working at Accordius

The workload was constant each day. Management had an open door policy and enforced it. Many employees abused the system and did not follow company protocol. When the issues were raised to management , they investigated the matter, but did nothing to stop the abuse or reprimand d the offending employees

Pros

consistent hours, no OT

Cons

Management did not take action

October 8, 2019
Thank you for the feedback. We are always thriving to improve the work environment and take all feed back to management.

One star and heading down

Owned by people who have very little idea what taking care of patients requires. Rarely had proper staffing of supplies. New administrator filling management staff up with cronies from last position.

October 8, 2019
Thank you for the feedback as we value everyone's opinion and experience. We are always thriving to improve the work environment.

Run away and don’t look back!

This place is horrid. They changed the name but it’s still the same. 1. They are always short. Even when there are 2 nurses in the building for 120 patients, you’re stuck because the DON won’t answer her phone. The scheduler will leave people on the schedule when they’re not supposed to be to make it look like you’re fully staffed for the shift. 2. The place is bug infested. 3. The benefits are a joke. 4. The DON is sneaky and can’t be trusted. If you’re not a favorite, she will come for you. Find a place that cares about the employees.

Cna

The job was hard sometimes worked short. From people calling out. Pay was good had benefits. Staff was good to work with. Needed more incentives for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accordius Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2