Accountemps Employee Reviews

Great Company
Senior Accountant - Various Industries (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 18, 2018
Great company to work for. I enjoyed all of my assignments.
The communication from my manager was great. I loved the fact that i would get to go into different companies.
A Fun workplace
FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 17, 2018
The best staffing agency for Accounting work. They always match you with a perfect job description based on your skills and work experience. I have worked on many projects for them and always found the best fit.
Pros
Staff won't treat you like a temp worker
Dime a dozen
Inventory Auditor / Acemco (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2018
The placement job was vaguely associated with accounting. More factory / production environment with some accounting skills required to get program/controls off the ground. Once proven it would work they offered me a position (temp to perm) at the same rate I was working as a temp. Agency had "inferred" offer would be a bit more. Agency contacted me for 90 day temp to hire but when 90 days came and went - I discovered they had extended my contract without discussing it with me.
Pros
Quick placement
Cons
Low pay / poor conditions
Temp Projects
BOOKKEEPER/CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
Provided Great Projects but most for contracts or part time.
I would like to work with this company if they offer full time position.
I have learned a lot.
Great Placement
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2018
Accountemps is a job placement place. I must say I told them exactly what I wanted to do and they sent me in a nice area fulfilling my need. I give a A+.
Good people to work with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 7, 2018
This is a temporary accounting contract company. I have been placed quickly on another assignment when one ends. The associates who place me are always in touch and most helpful.
Great Company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2018
Great place to work. They are great in assisting job placement and building your resume. The company has many divisions that can be found across the world which makes them a world class company.
Good for you if.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 4, 2018
They claim they will place you... Then you have to do this or that. Send you to a position and then when you show up to an assignment they suddenly misplaced paperwork. So, you try to call the office and see what happened 3 to 4 days till they return your call.
Pros
Good if you have a backup plan
Always different companies temp work.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2018
Worked at different companies doing temporary work. Learned different computer systems and different ways to enter invoices. Was always busy. Always hard to leave.
Good company to work for when not in a solid position.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 29, 2018
I made the right choice to contact AccounTemps prior to moving to my current home. I am 11 yrs with this company and glad. They kept the money coming in and all bills were paid on time. I like the diversity of the companies they send me to. I meet new people and have new challenges to work with. I try to find a permanent position though I have grown accustom to not having to be in the same place day after day. The wanderer in me likes the variety.
Pros
Good jobs and hours. Varying companies and tasks
Cons
You lose holiday pay if not enough hours are vested.
Better than most other personnel agencies.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAMarch 28, 2018
Seemed like most recruiters were not professional, never returned phone or emails, and practiced age discrimination, the new paradigm. The good old days of one phone call to show up tomorrow are long gone.
Temp
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 27, 2018
Robert Half is an organization that I use between moves to keep my skills and keep up to date in the industry.

Great and flexible. Good team to work for.
Roberthalf Employment Service
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
My review:

This company will give you the best opportunity that enhances growth. This region is very positive and direct with talent structure. Resources are available for employees to use to enhance any skills that the job searcher will like to improve or enhance. This team give great outlook for opportunity. Great listeners to assist with any uneasiness the changes into confidence.
Productive and dynamic work place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 25, 2018
Accountemps is a dynamic, thriving accounting and clerical firm. A typical day at work involved assessing and solving the clerical needs of the accounting department.
Pros
They have excellent standards for temporary workers.
Cons
Benefits were good, but there was room for improvement.
Data Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Myresville MDMarch 24, 2018
I was sent to help complete the organization of the office, Just to clean up some of the backlog that the office had. This assignment was purely clerical.
Pros
Tested my organization skill
Cons
Could not use the Accounting skill I had
Ok Place to Work
Recruiting & Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
Company set up to be good, my personal experience was negative due to my boss whom I discovered was cheating other people out of commissions and I was persecuted for it by her and finally decided to quit, she was later fired for exactly what I had uncovered - a few months after I left the company on my own. Sad... could have been much better for me if upper management would have been more concerned about there integrity instead of their personal friendships.
I love working with them
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2018
The places they have sent me have been awesome places. I trust them to help me locate a job anytime I need it. They have always been supportive to find me in a place I enjoy.
Pros
The offer free training classes
Cons
hard to find permanant work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2018
Great temp agency to work at. Learned a lot about excel and word programs. Various locations to choose from to work at. Good benefits and good people.
A good place to work
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 20, 2018
While I enjoy working for Accountemps, I prefer to work, not stay home and wait for a phone call. I enjoy talking with the people at my home office and they will answer any question I have.
Pros
quick response time
Cons
long periods of waiting
Best accounting temp service
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 19, 2018
Works with finding you the perfect job that fits what you want. Has more than one job at a time for you to interview for so you have many options. But this is a temp service, so when your job is up you have to wait until it is completed to interview for another job so there is time in between jobs that is not reliable for some people who are trying to establish themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accountemps. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight