Accra Care Employee Reviews for Personal Care Assistant

Company in general
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMay 19, 2019
My client had PCA choice so she chose me. I didn’t really deal with the management or payroll as needed. Most of the time company was pretty on top of everything I needed to talk to them about.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNApril 9, 2019
The location is cool. Management is very relaxed is not invasive. The only intervene when a time sheet is done incorrectly. On the phone they are very and helpful with any questions you may have.
Friendly Environment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 9, 2019
Helpful and eager to have me work. Was paid well for my time. Helpful with getting my license and finding jobs that were in my scope of practice. Would recommend to others.
Productive place to work
HHA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 26, 2019
No room for advancement. PCA choice provider. Where the client picks their own PCA. So there is no back of staff if you get sick. Then that means your client had no help.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
No benefits
Not the best and not the worst
PCA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 13, 2019
I was a PCA and pay was low but what really is unfair is that as a PCA you are most likely going to use your car and they do not pay mileage. If your drive the clients in your car to provide services the miles you drive are your loss.
Pros
decent part time job
Cons
mileage, low pay
non stressful job helping someone else.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Young America, MNFebruary 22, 2019
Helping clients with there daily needs. bathing, cooking , cleaning, shopping, and making there day go by comfortably and companionship being home alone is hard for them.
Easy work place
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJanuary 30, 2019
A typical day at work is pretty lade back. The hardest part of my job is not being able to get my school work done when that is more important especially in college
Fun place to work
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hawley, MNJanuary 11, 2019
I really enjoyed working for the client. Was stressful at times but most was easy days.If I had problems with my pay check that was kind of tricky because I'd have to wait till the next pay period.
Great
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNDecember 1, 2018
Nice place to work if you like helping people and working independently. It may get tuff at times but as long as you know you're helping someone you forget about the amount of effort you put in.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNNovember 28, 2018
m a client of theirs right now, but they are dropping me July 7 because they are not family oriented my situation is unique assistance with all physical thing and I am a single mother obeen with Accra For 3 years Then some drama happened with one of my PCs and they sent me a letter and said they are no longer my company but I think it’s a bunch of baloney that a mother has to be separated from her children in order to get care. I wasn’t asking for them to come baby sit my children I was asking for assistance if I needed it. That’s what I thought they were there for to make my life If I was physically able I would be doing all of these things by myself anyway so I don’t see the problem there wasn’t a problem for three years up until just a couple days ago like I had said. I have enough to deal with I should not have to deal with this too I deserve to have a life like everyone around and I deserve to have Quality of life as well. That’s what they should be all about without the clients they would not be in business. Sorry everybody needs to know.
Work was relaxed
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 21, 2018
The workdays were enjoyable and relaxed; I would arrive at work, and the little boy's mom would fill me in on how he was doing. I would help him eat, supervise in the bathroom, and accompany on errands. The worktime was flexible, and I enjoyed spending time with the little boy :)
Productive place to work with the ability to help others with there daily living
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 23, 2018
We help others with there daily living activities. There are always things to learn when it come to the medical filed, leaning so much about different disabilities.
Pros
PTO Hours
Cons
N/a
Great work with immediate feedback
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 14, 2018
Working as a Personal Care Assistant through ACCRA Care was a very easygoing job. working with special needs people can be tough at times, but the good days far outweigh the bad, and it is very rewarding.
typical day
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 5, 2018
A typical day in my fielf of work is assisting people in their homes to live as independently as possible. they may need assistance with personal cares or cooking or appointments but can do most things for themselves safely.
Fun work place with great coworkers
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gonvick, MNOctober 4, 2018
My co-workers and I all get along great, always helping each other out, asking each other questions if we need to. Our boss is great and always there if we need her help or have any questions about anything
Pros
free lunch
A typical day at work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Provided compassionate and patient-focused care. Closely monitored acute conditions to prevent hyper extension of the head and neck muscles of clients, or any other potentially self-harming habits.
Great company to work for
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 31, 2018
Working with Accra Care opened the door for me to interact and assist my clients with a variety of daily activities that they'd otherwise were unable to do alone.
Pros
Community Engagement
Cons
Job security unstable due to client Medical Insurances
Really enjoyed the one on one child care
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNAugust 29, 2018
I really loved this job. It was nice to have the one on one experience with a child with minor emotional needs. I would highly recommend them to anyone who desires the one on one experience.
the workplace is your clients home and you help to make it great
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 24, 2018
worked independently at clients house
no hassles
one client only (for me)
I called when I needed something, they complied immediately
I left employment and returned with no hassle
great company hope their pay is more by now
Pros
work independly
Cons
They did not pay for overtime maby they do now with the law being passed
Great enviorment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 14, 2018
Typical work day consist of taking care of my clients. It was a great opportunity to build a work relationship while also getting to personally know the induvial you're working for/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accra Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight