Accredo Health Group, Inc Employee Reviews

Focused company
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2018
Accredo Health Group is a pharmacy that focuses on specialty medications for oncology and rare diseases. All of the staff go "all in" for their patients.
Pros
Great shifts
Cons
Strict attendance
Quality Performance Pharmacist Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2018
knowledgeable and hardworking group of pharmacists, technicians, customer service associates and ancillary staff. Loved working here!
Many opportunities for advancement.
I signed non-disclosure
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 29, 2017
I am not permitted to do this per company policy on any public type of forum which includes this type. I will not give my opinion. Personal or otherwise.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2017
I saw a lot changes at Accredo over the years.I saw the growth of the company, as it expanded.I was there from no equipment to large and different equipment. I watched small ideas grow in big ideas.0ne small Family grow into a large one.Knowing the patients need comes first,you will come out a winner everytime.Always treat the patients needs like they were your own.Meeting the customers need is most important.There was Always room for growth.I thank Accreccdo for the 14 years.I worked every shift we had, coming in from as early as 2:00 til closing.The longest I ever worked in one day was 17 hours.Accredo is agreat company to work for I just got caught up in the lay off.i am greatful for the 14 years of experience I had there a typical day was just making sure we hit our goal for that day.I learned so much.Mangement worked well as long as we respected each other s we co work together to get the job done,
Pros
Everyone pitched in to meet deadline.It was a team effort.everybody helped evrybody.
Cons
30min lunch
Unsatisfactory place to work on all levels
Senior Clinical Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 23, 2017
My time at Accredo Health Group was a blur. This employer was basically used as a stepping stone in my career and the ability to acquire professional job experience to secure a tiny paycheck bi-weekly. Management had their favorites, promoted under-qualified people who were friends, and did not facilitate any kind of learning or career opportunities.
Pros
Ability to help chronically ill patients
Cons
Company culture, pay, management
1 star if that.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 18, 2016
The worst company I have ever worked at. The col-workers that were not in customer service were a night mere. Not a friendly bunch of people at all. The management was poor and did not give you any direction. They expect you to learn a year's job in two months. Good luck!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2016
• Facility produced metal wire mesh for commercial material handling application
• Equipment included resistance welding machinery, wire cutting machinery, powder coating process.
• Responsible for 46 Operators, 5 Electrical and Mechanical Technicians.
• Provided hands-on training and assisted in troubleshooting machine setup, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and PLC issues. Held meeting with Maintenance Technicians on a daily basis. Training included fundamental and new techniques on infrared scanning, powdered coating, cure ovens, waste water treatment, resistance welding and presses/dies.
Accredo Health
Associate Quality & Process Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2015
Lots of different paths to look for employment,

customer service - taking patient calls

IT - maintaining laptops/workstations

Pharmacists/Techs
Run away!
PAR (Current Employee) –  DublinApril 8, 2015
This place is circling the drain. It's so bad they have stopped advertising job openings using the name of their parent company. If you need a temporary paycheck that doesn't bounce then by all means apply. Just know there is no advancement here. Half the staff got no raise this year and those that did got pennies...literally, very few over 10 cents. Pay is not on par with industry averages.This prompted the current mass exodus. Management and supervisors are clueless, they just roam around aimlessly with no direction. They have no working knowledge of the systems used and what it takes to actually perform the job. No one can can take time off even though you have the banked PTO, everything is always denied. Shift bids every 3 months. Zero work life balance. People are leaving in droves and management refuses to implement changes to retain current staff. Two departments just had massive layoffs this week so confidence in this sites future is waning. If you can handle childish bickering, micromanagement, uncertainty, and an overall apathetic atmosphere, then you'll do fine.
Pros
Health benefits are surprisingly stellar.
Cons
Lowest pay in industry, PTO is never approved, inept management.
Dumpster fire
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 8, 2015
Work/Life balance sucks. Expect to go through a shift bid every 3-4 months. I had 3 different shifts in a year working there. The job itself is pretty easy, but poor training and the lack of knowledgeable Supervisors make the job difficult to learn out of the gate. Don't expect any upward mobility here either. This is NOT a job to take if you expect to ever get promoted or advance. Raises are horible (10-15%, if you're lucky). Their matrix for determining raises and quality is anient. There is very little continuity between quality assessments and how you actually do the job. I had very good quality scores, but that certainly wasnt due to any aids provided to me as a PAR. Procedures/SOP are poorly written and difficult to follow or understand. Management has run the culture of this company into the ground. The "Express Scripts Values" are nothing more than lip service and are expected from staff but far from followed by management. Management is typically absent from day-to-day unless a vendor is visiting, then they put on a show and pretend they are activity involved with the staff. They even went so far once to literally roll out a red carpet down the center isle of the call center for the vendor once, but had the supervisor tell staff they couldn't walk on it. This place is a joke and I would strongly advise anyone to look elsewhere for work. However, if all you want is a paycheck and decent benifits...this may be the job for you. But if you can't stand to be micro-managed and have unfairly/arbitrary rules applied to you, you want to look elsewhere. Good  more... luck.  less
Pros
Your day eventually ends. Health benefits are actually very good.
Cons
PTO is earned, but good luck requesting a day off. HR will not support you, they are there to back management in their decisions.
Stressful/disappointing
Senior Billing and Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 10, 2014
I feel this company has unrealistic expectations. Constantly pushing for more and more. Being a work at home employee they feel you can just work as many hours as you can because the system is there at your finger tips. Management is constantly pushing more and more work on you. They try to keep up moral but they lose it with the unrealistic expectations.
Pros
great benefits and work perks
Cons
overwhelmingly stressful
Absolute worst job ever - truly
PATIENT ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  MEMPHIS, TNAugust 3, 2013
-I did not appreciate being lied to about whether or not "temps" would ever be hired on permanently.
-The sudden and constant changes to the job description as well as work schedule with no advanced notice.
-Terrible manager. She had no idea what we did, therefore couldn't give accurate direction.
-Training is a joke. The only place I've ever worked where they had us hemmed up for a few weeks in what they call a "training room" but the trainer had no knowledge of our *direct* job. She was only there to describe the different systems they use. Where does that leave new hires? Put on the floor without knowing anything about their actual job *function*.
Pros
Weekly paycheck (and even that was due to the temp company, not accredo)
Cons
Everything else
not an equal opportunity employer!
Certified pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  memphis tnMarch 29, 2013
Management is terrible! Company discriminates on disabled employees. Company doesn't care at all.
Pros
good hours
Cons
discrimination and poor management!
Great if you like the corporate setting
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2013
Very paternalistic environment. No room for growth. Administration was very uneducated and unprofessional.
Burnout Position- BEWARE
Employee (Current Employee) –  MemphisFebruary 2, 2013
This Facilitator position is one to run away from! Extremely stressful, unrealistic expectations, no employee value or support here. This is a burnout position- your dedication will not be valued. More management issues than you'll want to touch w new parent company buyout and company merger integrations. Accredo has been a strong company in the past- very patient care oriented and good to employees...BUT under the new parent company-Express Scripts- Accredo's outlook and good reputation look bleak. Express Scripts is a monster corp, about the bottom line, clearly not patient care driven w little employee value. Beware, you'll be viewed as a short-term solution and be worked to death w insane travel schedule. Consider this if you need a paycheck & resume building, short-term position to use as a stair-step for your next position- outside of this company.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
chaos
Beware
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  MemphisDecember 29, 2012
I know the job market is tight and jobs are hard to come by. Please research and ask all questions regarding this company before accepting a position. Management is extremely poor on all levels. No clear direction for where the company is headed. Everyday is stressful. Job description changes everyday.
Pros
great employees
Cons
management, no advancement opportunities
Data Entry
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAOctober 27, 2012
Complete Adverse Events to manufacturers
Maintain patient profiles
Pros
night shift
Lacks greatly in orientation and mentoring
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 17, 2012
This company has a good benefit package, but gives you minimal training or support. Most staff are excellent to work with. This position is extremely difficult for one person to handle. Be prepared to work a 60-80 hours per week and be on call 24/7.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
no structured training or support
Nice place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2012
Very structured and family life friendly. It's a lways a pleasure to be around hard working people.
Dynamic company in growing industry
Senior Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TennesseeApril 27, 2012
Really good company to work for and has great benefits. Leadership of the company is very forward thinking.One of the most enjoyable parts of working for this company is that you are helping people who are very ill and making their lives better. Very professional work environment.
Pros
growing company with great benefits
Cons
little room for career advancement