Accurate Home Care Employee Reviews

Understanding managers but limited pay
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNOctober 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working as a PCA at Accurate Home Care. The client was amazing and the managers were very understanding of unexpected life issues. I only quit to find better pay, and the hours would not have worked with my nursing school schedule.
Pros
excellent clients
Cons
pay
sadly cut throat
office staff (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNOctober 16, 2018
I worked in the Otsego office. The benefits are horrible and cost more than you make, Since you never get a review or a raise, the 401k match is cut and they plan to bring it back , it wont, they do still offer this on the website. Misleading, exactly what the company is-MISLEADING.
The leadership team ,who are too busy to ever deal with the office staff, constantly late for meetings or just never show up.
The CEO has good ideas, but does not listen to the office staff, only leadership. Says he is there for you ,but then defers you to someone else who wont listen.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from management and no raises, constant budget cuts, down to even items needed for daily job duties.
Enjoyable part, many of the staff REALLY care for the clients and are so good, They are treated poorly and cannot get office staff to call them back.
Pros
Good field staff
Cons
constand cuts, no pay, poor morale, no trust
Unfair and unorganized company.
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 14, 2018
Accurate advertises great benefits, which is totally inaccurate. As of November 2018 they are ceasing to match 401k, although they continue to advertise this as a benefit. The medical insurance is far from affordable. For single coverage the deductible range from $4,000 - $6,000. They have had a wage freeze in place for several years and have cut benefits several times. They continue to cut jobs and "lay off" staff for the purpose of "right sizing the company." Accurate also promises hours in cases and then they will cut hours from current staff to cover new staffs hours.
Struggling
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNOctober 10, 2018
This company is floundering to survive. It's by the sheer will and determination of the countless field staff and few remaining office employees that Accurate is still offering services.

I was a proud and loyal employee for 13 years and was promoted internally multiple times, ultimately holding several positions in my tenure. Unfortunately, years of inept leadership and poor decision making have resulted in dismal employee and customer retention, high turnover, and massive downsizings.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Poor wages, executive management lacks integrity, lack of resources, toxic culture
Excelente ambiente laboral
RN Case manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Muy buena comunicación entre los trabajadores. Buena coordinación de los casos. Aprendi y recibi todo el apoyo del personal de enfermería y de todos en sentido general
ok place to work, not a lot of hours to offer
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 6, 2018
Accurate was an o.k. place to work. Although they did not have a lot of hours to offer. The clients were great to work with though. I don't think Accurate paid a fair wage due to some of the difficult medical and therapeutic procedures that some of the clients had to do for their activity and daily living.
Pros
Build great relationships with clients
Cons
wages were to low
Caring Staff, Diverse Clientele,
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 30, 2018
I found Accurate to be a fair & caring organization. I enjoyed the bonds & close relationships that developed from working closely with a single in-home client & the families. Unfortunately my location limited my pool of possible clients.
not really fun
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 17, 2018
The meet and greet with the responsible parties, and client was not impressive. I learned that the company did not live up to what they told me as far as having the amount of clients they would have for me. I would rather work in a steady atmosphere such as a foster home. Hardest part of was getting set with a client. Having a client.
Very enjoyable place to work
RN/Nursing Supervisor/Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL 61265July 8, 2018
Staff was great very friendly. I enjoyed educating the nurses in the field and making sure that they felt comfortable on the case they went on. Accurate had the CM's train the new nursing staff prior to going out in the field to work with clients and had hands on training opportunity
Pros
office staff friendly, flexible schedules
Cons
IA/IL office closed
Good place to work overall
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ostego, MNJune 6, 2018
I liked my clients and hours worked. The owners and management have changed over the past several years but it has not affected me as a field nurse as much as management and office staff. There has been a lot of turnover as the owners figure out the direction of the company.
Uplifting
PCA (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMay 28, 2018
I love working for accurate home care! I have found that they really do care, and they take the time out of their day to make sure they let you know you are appreciated. They are so uplifting and kind people. I hope to work for accurate for a very long time.

My typical day at work is great too. I would say the hardest part is leaving because you never know if your client will need you when you're not there. Its kind of scary or sad to think about.

The only issue with accurate is SOME managers there seem to never answer their phones. You have the option to leave a voicemail, but often times it takes a while for them to call back. And 9/10 its when you're busy at work and cannot answer the phone. Lots of phone tag, I am starting to think email or sending a letter via pigeon would be the best bet.
Pros
Amazing people working for an amazing company
Cons
Longer commute than im use to.
schedule based on your needs
LPN and RN (Current Employee) –  Otsego, MNMay 7, 2018
accommodate school hours and part time hours. Go above and beyond for their employees and show appreciation. Have been working to improve the company and what it offers their employees.
Pros
paid training, Pto, nice staff, communicate well
Cons
low salary
lost our jobs
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 23, 2018
Loved the people I worked with in the office. Never got a raise the 2 years I worked there and then Corp told us they were shutting us down due to financial hardship.
Terrible New Management
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNMarch 19, 2018
New Management came in was terrible for moral of company. I would not recommend anyone to work for Accurate now the new CEO in charge, he says he is transparent but does the opposite
Typical day at work
Children/Geriatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 14, 2018
Provided care for premature babies from 21 weeks to eighteen years children with tracheotomy
Problems, ventilator dependent, gastric tube, respiratory distress and other disability.
Responded to emergency situations such as respiratory distress, chest pain, lacerations, and other life threatening situations. Update the physicians of changes in client’s conditions. Attended School with an individual child to provide continues care.Informed parent of changes in condition, treatment plans, documentation, and school behavior of their child. Plan and participate in social and extracurricular activities with patients
Pros
One to one care client
Cons
Responsible for making decision on the plan of cares and emergency
Worst Company Ever!!
Staffing (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNMarch 13, 2018
Change is good sometimes, but why replace management with worse than you already started with? This place won't be open for long. Mostly, the communication, or lack of, makes working even more confusing, and clients we're working with.
Pros
Cons
Nothing good to say - on behalf of half the company, even those who have decided to stay.
Not a good place to work
Patient Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Everyday you go into work you are not sure if you still have job or if the company will be shut down. No it is not a fun place to work. It is very stressful. It is everyone else's fault except for the leadership team. The just give you more and more work to do with no thank you. There has been no raises in three years. That also includes the staff that works out in the homes. I feel bad for them. when do they get a break???
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Disassociated from field staff.
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 9, 2018
I worked for them for a long time because my client was with them. Office staff completed my annual evals that had little to no contact with me or my work. No raise for last 7 years of employment. The company closed with less than 30 days notice to field staff.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor pay
Low paying
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNFebruary 3, 2018
It was nice to have only 1 client to take care of, but still stayed very busy with cleaning and other duties. Extremely low paying, havent gotten a raise in years!
Pros
1 client
Cons
Low pay
Easy fun place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Slow paced job, but it was nice to develop relationships with my clients. Get to work with the same clients everyday over a long period of time. Most of the clients were pediatrics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accurate Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight